PDA

View Full Version : Starting to work on my taxes.

syka16
01-17-2006, 01:44 AM
This is my first year generating income through gambling. I've done some research and have consulted an accountant for advice on filing. I made about $40K this year mostly from SNGs but have not kept good poker logs or a "gambler's journal". I explain my situation to my lawyer and accountant. They assured me that my risk of an audit is low but as long as I have some information to substantiate my gambling losses, then I shouldn't have a problem.

I contacted the several (Poker Network) sites and requested my logs which were then emailed to me. I also have my neteller transactions recorded.

Is this pretty much all the information I need? I could really use any feedback or advice.

Thanks

Bob Ciaffone
01-17-2006, 08:53 AM
Make sure you account for any money that has been transferred to your personal bank account.

Niediam
01-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Why not make a reasonable estimate? I'm sure you have to have some idea of what your ROI is...

Andy Beal
01-24-2006, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They assured me that my risk of an audit is low but as long as I have some information to substantiate my gambling losses, then I shouldn't have a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you expound on this a little more? I assume you are saying they told you to file. Are you saying they said to claim it all? How to go about determining what to claim?