PDA

View Full Version : reasons you love truepoker.

mike3076
12-31-2005, 12:03 AM
please tell me reasons u like true poker over other sites.
if you hate it tell me why. im starting to play there and am wonddering why others dont too.

ty -mike

SoCalRugger
12-31-2005, 12:22 AM
I cleared the initial sign up bonus there, and never returned. Main two reasons were:

- Zero game selection
- Can't switch to 2-D mode

Recliner
12-31-2005, 03:06 AM
I've only really played the 2/4 and 3/6 games there and they were FANTASTIC. The automatic rakeback was also nice. However, the NL structure sucks, no poker tracker, and there are barely any games running.

I did get some TruePoker condoms, so the site does have its benefits. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DocMartin
12-31-2005, 01:27 PM
no love.

was too hasty to try it to sign up for rakeback, not enough games, no way to dumb down graphics, used the bonus code but didnt get condoms, horrible scarring suckout deep into wsop tourney.

Cry Me A River
12-31-2005, 05:22 PM
- NL ring games are shortstacked (ie: $50NL is blinds of $.50/$1 instead of $.25/$.50 everywhere else)
- No 2D or mini view
- True Points are even more useless than most sites points (ie: Points can only buy into tournaments that run during BUSINESS HOURS!!!)

RR
12-31-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
True Points are even more useless than most sites points (ie: Points can only buy into tournaments that run during BUSINESS HOURS!!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Points are worth 1 cent each if you play enough to reach at least gold level.

Tony_P
12-31-2005, 05:59 PM
Just because you can make a 3d poker site, doesn't mean you should

MicroBob
12-31-2005, 06:04 PM
As I've said before...I find it very difficult to follow the action there.

The 3d-ness of the board cards is especially difficult to see as they are angled away from you. I guess it's supposed to give an illusion of depth. but I'm just stuck there trying to figure out which cards are clubs and which ones are spades.

If they had a clearer and easier to read 2d version I would very much consider playing there more.

Sniper
12-31-2005, 06:12 PM
But 3D Condoms are certainly better than 2D /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nightwish
12-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Can't think of a single reason to play there. Don't get me wrong, I tried playing there, but the slow games, the stupid avatars that I cannot turn off, the tiny cards that I cannot see, and everything else they tried to do to make their poker site seem "real" made me leave. If you're going to make an online poker site, why try to reproduce all the crap from B&M rooms?

jb9
12-31-2005, 07:12 PM
arg riv lol

twoplusstwo
12-31-2005, 07:40 PM
why would u love a poker website? They rig it for more rake

GrannyMae
12-31-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why try to reproduce all the crap from B&M rooms?

[/ QUOTE ]

amazingly, this used to be a selling point. i think poker outgrew the reality concept they are based on.

lefty rosen
12-31-2005, 07:45 PM
The two big blinds. Umm the great game selection, the 1 dollar rake at 12 bucks, what else......... /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

lefty rosen
12-31-2005, 07:57 PM
When I played there they had about 1 2/4 game going and the players were tards who had the ability of live 2/4 players, the 3/6 was a shade tighter, but that wasn't saying much..... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hopey
01-02-2006, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you hate it tell me why. im starting to play there and am wonddering why others dont too.

ty -mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I play there all the time. I'm not really sure why...mostly force of habit, and not wanting to go through the hassle of signing up other sites (though I have played on Party and on Pokerroom in the past). I have good notes on most of the players and know who to avoid. I'm not a "pro", I play about 10 hours a week. If I played more, I'd probably spend most of my time at a bigger site. However, since I'm playing mostly in the evenings and on weekends, Truepoker is fine for my purposes as they'll have a few tables going at each limit during those times.

The interface has gotten much better. They've made some changes which makes the action easier to follow. Cashouts are quick, and the customer service is very good.

Nick-Zack
01-02-2006, 03:04 PM
If they could ever get together with Poker Tracker I am sure their business would expand. The games would probably get worse but they would have more of them.

Hopey
01-02-2006, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If they could ever get together with Poker Tracker I am sure their business would expand. The games would probably get worse but they would have more of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they need to do something. They seem to be stagnating at about 3000 players at peak times, and about 1500-2000 at non-peak times. You'd think that they'd have grown a little more in the last couple of years. It doesn't seem to be due to lack of effort -- they run promotions every month and advertise like crazy, but they just don't seem to attract new players any more quickly than they lose the old ones.

TruePoker CEO
01-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Poker Tracker has not been receptive to tracking our site's play. However, PokerSpy does provide for play tracking at Truepoker.

We also have an internal notes feature and an internal stats feature. Notes can be written by clicking on the other guy's avatar. Your stats can be tracked through the Menu.

As for attracting new players and converting our play money players, we are offering a WSOP4Free promo, where you can get a WSOP trip, worth $13,500 for FREE through that tournament series, and you do not need to beat Thousands of players to do so.

We are promoting this on our various play money sites to convert players .... so, we may increase our real money player base a bit.

Thanks for the feedback.

David

TruePoker CEO
01-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Hello, Granny,

We WILL be adding a 2D option ... it is in the works.

As for the 3D version, we will keep that available and plan to keep marketing it

David

TruePoker CEO
01-05-2006, 05:47 PM
"No love", what would you need a condom for ? Send me an email at management@truepoker.com and I send you the condoms.

As for a "Horrible scarring suckout, deep into WSOP territory", we will be running a WSOP SuperSatellite on January 14th, for $1,000 + $50, with a Trip for every 13 entries ..... The WSOP Main Event this year is TWO weeks long, damn. Are other sites will be springing for the full two weeks hotel, plus airfare, plus $10K for entry.

As for a Horrible suckout, you can win a SuperSatellite Seat for Free.

David

mackem
01-05-2006, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
arg riv lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I played there when they give you 5 free SNG's, dunno if they still do that. This thread has just reminded me I have $50 still there from cashing in them.

They were super fishy SnG's with everyone continually arg, riv, lol'ing. A full table of all that noise constant was pretty funny.

TruePoker CEO
01-05-2006, 08:20 PM
We are running all the following promos for new players, all of which give you FREE tournaments which pay real money:

WSOP4FREE .... This series can get you to the WSOP for FREE, also you can win real cash.

For Real Challenge .... this series pays real cash for FREE

Newbie S&Gs ... This is what you are refering to, it is ongoing and gives you 4 free S&Gs.

David

TruePoker CEO
01-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Gold Status is not tough to get:

Basically, that $.01 per Qualified Raked hand works out to roughly a 10% rake rebate with a full table, provided you play at least an average of 1500 Qualified raked hands a month, (literally 6,000 such hands over a rolling 4 month period.)

You get 1 point for every hand you are dealt in which is raked $1.00 or more and 1/2 point for a hand raked $.50 et cetera. Tournament players get 1 point for every tourney fee of $1.00 or more.

Gold players also get added freerolls every month.

David

IlliniLou
01-05-2006, 08:39 PM
TruePoker CEO, by you actually coming to the forum and responding like a human being, I think you might have just gotten a new player in the name of IlliniLou.

Guruman
01-05-2006, 10:36 PM
true ceo posts here a lot. click on his name and you can see all of his posts.

ImNew
01-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Does True Poker hire props?

I heard that there are house players @ TP, not 100% rakeback, but pretty close to it...

PartyGirlUK
01-06-2006, 09:31 AM
pokertracker say that you have been unresponsive in getting pt compatible.

MaxSquat
01-06-2006, 12:39 PM
SOLD!!!! I'll be heading over to True Poker next week (this weekend at AC)....

TruePoker CEO
01-06-2006, 02:11 PM
What are opinions on pokerspy ?

I was talking to their company at a conference last month. They were interested in us working together to promote ourselves and them concurrently. I am not familiar with their relative value to players.

Any feedback on the various poker analyser programs is appreciated.

David

MaxSquat
01-06-2006, 02:34 PM
I did the trial period....not too crazy about it...more like a "dumb down" version of PT

PartyGirlUK
01-06-2006, 04:20 PM
I have no idea about pokerspy. I use pokertracker and am extremely happy with it. I played briefly on truepoker but stopped. One of the reasons was lack on pt support. I sent you a pm about this a couple of months ago but you never responded. I said in my pm, and repeat now that I think you will get quite a few more serious players in if you tweak your hand histories so that pokertracker can support them. The guys at pokertracker are really great to deal with and I am very very confident that if you speak with them they will tell you what you need to do and how to do it.

PartyGirlUK
01-07-2006, 01:48 PM
By the way, another organisation, that you work with very closely (you wouldn't want me mentioning them here but I can PM you) said that you were extremely unresponsive to their suggestions for improvement. They said you compare unfavorably with other sites.

StellarWind
01-07-2006, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Advantages of an online site not supported by PokerTracker:

1. Most good players will not touch the site with a 10-ft pole so the games should be soft.

2. There are no other advantages.

Seriously, if you have to pay Pat to implement support for your site, then that's what you should do. If I were starting a new site I would arrange for PT support on day one. Whatever it takes to make it happen.

I'm a major participant in the 2+2 strategy forums. Most of my 4000+ posts are there. The last time I recall seeing a True hand posted for comment was ... never. That is both a marketing problem for your site and an indication that your penetration of the serious student segment of the market is roughly zero.

MicroBob
01-07-2006, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I know of any 2+2'ers who use pokerspy.
Maybe I'm wrong.

I would estimate that over 95% of even semi-serious 2+2'ers use poker-tracker.

This estimate is probably low.

I'm not just talking about full-time players....but virtually all of the part-time players who play 1/2 and 2/4 limit who are just recreation part-timers for the most part looking to improve their game.

For the vast vast majority of 2+2'ers:

Pokerspy = nope. don't use it (haven't even heard of it)
Pokertracker = yes. please get TP compatible with it.

as has been mentioned in this thread...Pat at pokertracker is terrific to work with and I'm sure he can be quite helpful with you guys in getting it to work.

Some sites that pokertracker is compatible with include:

Party (and skins)
Pokerstars
UB
Crypto
Prima
Pacific
Paradise
FullTilt
Absolute

(and probably some others that I'm forgetting).

yet Truepoker will not change anything to make their client work with pokertracker...and it should be pretty easy to change this.

TruePoker CEO
01-07-2006, 11:54 PM
"yet Truepoker will not change anything to make their client work with pokertracker"

Bob, I am not sure where you get your information, but this statement above is neither accurate nor reflective of our discussions with PokerTracker.

David

TruePoker CEO
01-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

While I think #1 would be a plus, I would agree that #2 is a minus, as it relates to the "serious" market segment.

While our waters may be quite fishy, PT allows for easier fish-finding/tracking elsewhere.

(Is there an analogy to the difference between fly fishing and using dynamite ? Is PT that good or that important to a large market segment ?)

David

Eder
01-08-2006, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the feedback.

While I think #1 would be a plus, I would agree that #2 is a minus, as it relates to the "serious" market segment.

While our waters may be quite fishy, PT allows for easier fish-finding/tracking elsewhere.

(Is there an analogy to the difference between fly fishing and using dynamite ? Is PT that good or that important to a large market segment ?)

David

[/ QUOTE ]

As always I enjoy your responses to this forum....and as always I'm sure you enjoy my standard request for a reload bonus /images/graemlins/grin.gif... btw I love Truepoker since they dont support Pt

Sniper
01-08-2006, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is PT that good or that important to a large market segment ?

[/ QUOTE ]

PT is important to anyone, who...

1. Likes to track/analyze their play
2. Likes to track/analyze their opponents play
3. Likes to pay their taxes & keep accurate records

Those 3 should encompass the vast majority of "serious" players!

TruePoker CEO
01-08-2006, 12:40 AM
You are a fly-fisher then ?

TruePoker CEO
01-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Any other comparable programs out there ? Is Poker Office similar ?

(We would consider a promo offer if we go for a particular program.)

David

TruePoker CEO
01-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Your PM box is full, so:

Frankly, I am at a loss as to what "other organization" you might be referring to, as we work with VERY few other than our skins.

(The only candidate I could think of is one for whom I have a great deal of respect, but by whom we are not reviewed.)

Feel free to email me at management@truepoker.com. I am curious.

Thanks,

David

boscoboy
01-08-2006, 12:59 AM
there are none

Sniper
01-08-2006, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any other comparable programs out there ? Is Poker Office similar ?

(We would consider a promo offer if we go for a particular program.)

David

[/ QUOTE ]

David,

In my opinion, the "Gold" standard for reaching the "serious" players is...
1. Poker Tracker support (obviously an issue here)
2. Rakeback affiliates listing you on RakeRebateReview (You have this, but notably not the biggies)
3. Frequent Bonuses listed on BonusWhores (Listed, but very infrequent bonuses)

Poker Office is a relatively new program, and it is certainly well behind PT in number of users... and will not give you the same enhanced marketing that PT will.

Can you share what the issue is with getting PT compatability?

DonkAlert
01-08-2006, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does True Poker hire props?

I heard that there are house players @ TP, not 100% rakeback, but pretty close to it...

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob
01-08-2006, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"yet Truepoker will not change anything to make their client work with pokertracker"

Bob, I am not sure where you get your information, but this statement above is neither accurate nor reflective of our discussions with PokerTracker.

David

[/ QUOTE ]

my apologies for misrepresenting the situation.

I guess I just wrongly thought/assumed that it was Truepoker's decision not to make themselves compatible with pokertracker for some reason.

So are you saying that pokertracker won't work with you guys for some reason?
Why are we not able to see pokertracker work with true.

FWIW - I probably would not be that much more interested if true was compatible with pokeroffice....but some others might be as I believe a handful on 2+2 do use that program.
Some use pokertracker AND pokeroffice I believe.

I am happy with pokertracker and have no desire to change from it to a program that I am completely unfamiliar with and don't think I need.

adsman
01-08-2006, 05:17 AM
I just wanted to share a little tidbit with you all that happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was playing at a 2/4 6max table on Stars. We were all having a great time as there was a lot of good-natured chat banter going on between all the players. As far as PT stats go, every single one of my opponents was a big fat fish, (and they were playing like it as well).

It turns out that they all had pokertracker. Somebody started taking the piss out of me because I was a smiley face in their database. Everyone else chimed in immediately. I was stunned. The fish are using pokertracker? Yep. You betcha. Just shows that you really are a fish when you're a fish on your own datasystem.

So maybe adding PT status to your pokersite will also attract the fish......

Synergistic Explosions
01-08-2006, 05:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Somebody started taking the piss out of me because I was a smiley face in their database.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not a valid reason for a forced catherization.

I suggest you find a good lawyer well versed in smiley faced law.

scrapperdog
01-08-2006, 09:05 AM
Do people really depend on pokertracker so much they wont play on a site that is not supported by it? Seems kind of strange to me...I like pokertracker and all but it has less than zero impact on if I am gonna play a site. Pretty much the only thing I care about is how good the games are. I also put rakeback or some bonus system above pokertracker in importance.

MicroBob
01-08-2006, 04:18 PM
with pokertracker and a HUD I am able to play more tables.

Without a HUD I don't play as many tables because I need to focus a bit more on the table-action to get adequate reads.
fewer tables = fewer hands = less profit (even IF the players are suckier).

It's reasonably important to my decision of whether to play there.

6 tables with HUD-stats is better than 3 tables with zero opponent stats (roughly the number of tables I feel I can maintain decent reads with or without HUD stats)

MicroBob
01-08-2006, 04:25 PM
i had assumed that lots of bad players were using p-tracker...but that's really interesting your experience on that table imo.

Friend of mine who thinks he knows poker decently (but actually sucks, VP-40 at 1/2 limit) got pokertracker.

He's given up playing online though as he kind of got bored with it (too bad for you 1/2 players I guess). Not 'real' poker like playing 'live' (or some logic like that).

We see people post their pokertracker stats all the time who are completely unaware that VP-35 on full-ring limit is way too high.

I had a 50/25 player ripping into me for raising too much (I was about 19/12 on that table).

I think all of this mentality that bad poker players have is quite interesting.

HSB
01-08-2006, 05:09 PM
I think the mentality of bad poker players is mind boggling

TrueCeo

I think you have done more to boost your site here than any other site with the possible exception of Stars.

If you come out with a 2d version I will give your site a shot...you were planning on having a bonus when you announce the 2d thing, right?

If you're having trouble getting pokertracker compatibility couldn't you just mimic the HH of other sites to make the programming exceptionally easy for the PT guys?

MicroBob
01-08-2006, 05:35 PM
yes. if all the other sites can get their HH's in such a way then it clearly isn't THAT difficult.

part of the reason I made some previous assumptions that True CEO says are incorrect....but I just can't figure out any other reason why they wouldn't be PT compatible unless they didn't want to be for some resaon or if possibly PT wanted nothing to do with them for some weird reason.

"I think you have done more to boost your site here than any other site with the possible exception of Stars."

TrueCEO's previous appearances on these forums where he's discussed various issues (just like this thread) was the reason I tried his site in the first place too.
He was interacting with the customers and listening to feedback. Couldn't ask for more from that standpoint and I gave his site a try and still occasionally play there, albeit infrequently (I was having some random table-closing issues there).

Reef
01-08-2006, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I was talking to their company at a conference last month. They were interested in us working together to promote ourselves and them concurrently. I am not familiar with their relative value to players.

David

[/ QUOTE ]

PT - good
Pokerspy - /images/graemlins/confused.gif

VinnyTheFish
01-08-2006, 06:08 PM
I love the voices - "Raise ..... Re-Raise"

MicroBob
01-08-2006, 06:11 PM
i turned the voices off.

but i remember that they were especially cool in stereo.

Wear head-phones if you need to in order to get the full experience.

all the lol's and other stuff are amusing too.

OldYoda
01-08-2006, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love the voices - "Raise ..... Re-Raise"

[/ QUOTE ]

I confess that I enjoy the playing experience at True Poker very much. Unfortuneatly, it is one of the very few sites that just kick my you know what. In addition, I have never been able to reconcile the number of players that they claim to the number I can count. Example: they are currently claiming slightly more than 4,000 players on a Sunday night. I manually reviewed every table under every category and I count 552 real money players. I just don't know where the others are.

I would still give the site some action if there were more tables available.

StellarWind
01-09-2006, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
PokerTracker serves multiple purposes for me:

1. Providing stats for table selection.

2. Providing stats for reads.

3. Keeping a big-picture view of my own play.

4. Organizing, managing, and replaying my own hand histories.

#1 and #2 are things that I would consider trading in exchange for softer tables. It's a question of which site is most profitable to play.

#3 is not of enormous importance to me but it's nice to be able to look at one's stats now and then.

#4 is crucial. I replay and analyze a lot of my hands and PT makes that much easier and faster. Playing at a non-PT site would mean compromising my personal development as a poker player.

Anyway your dynamite analogy is pretty good. I don't require dynamite but I'm quite willing to use it. However many of the small stakes grinders that would greatly improve your volume absolutely insist on it. That's glaringly obvious from reading these forums. In the last year the HUD programs have also become "essential" to many players. You either give these guys what they want or they won't come. But they will grind up your weak players and chase off some more selective winning players who prefer not to compete with armies of tight multitabling grinder robots.

It's really up to you. What do you want your business to be?

About other products that compete with PT. I'm sure they are great. I've never used them and don't know their names. I have a tremendous amount of time invested in learning to use PT. It does virtually everything I want and Pat provides super support despite the fact that I paid a pittance for it. I can't imagine switching or learning to use a second product.

Let me shift the subject to an issue that is almost never discussed. You do not have enough mid-limit tables to meet all of my requirements. If I were to play at your site it would probably be in parallel with tables from other sites. Now I have never tried your software so I cannot express any opinion on it. But I will say that certain of your competitors have bad sandbox skills. There are functional flaws and performance problems that are only visible/important when multitabling different sites. One major site is not part of my current rotation precisely because of this kind of problem.

My point is that you may never have thought of testing your software for compatibility with your competitors, but maybe you should. At a minimum I suspect that a few hours fooling around in the development lab would be an enlightening experience for your engineers.

mike3076
01-09-2006, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

ty -mike

[/ QUOTE ] i guess when i posted this topic, i wanted to see if anybody would tell me about the one nice benefit that playing here has. im a long time b&m player so,
im familiar with tells, something im sure most players here are aware of when they play live poker.
an interesting tell that is actually worth alot of saved bets during a session, is when your opponent double checks his whole cards, when 3 to a flush hits, or sequenced combinations. alot of time you can tell what they hold, by their action/reaction, after double checking their hand.
i use this tell alot in b&m poker, and at true poker.
i guess just that extra, moves the poker experience alot close to actually having more information to go on during a hand. i just wish they had more traffic. as for pt, im mixed on this. on one hand its nice that people have to figure me out manually. but i do to,although it doesnt bother me because it doesnt take me long to catorgize a player. just by watching them.

William
01-09-2006, 07:28 AM
I did get some TruePoker condoms

Congratulations on your "soon to come" baby.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jb9
01-09-2006, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
an interesting tell that is actually worth alot of saved bets during a session, is when your opponent double checks his whole cards

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you can do it, but do people really regularly put their cards down? I just keep mine showing the whole time... Maybe I should start doing this as a reverse tell /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Stellarwind's and MicroBob's comments are a good summary of the role of PT and HUDs in limit hold 'em.

I'm one of those who would prefer to avoid "armies of tight multitabling grinder robots", and I rarely play limit hold 'em at the big poker sites because I feel I'm at a disadvantage to players with giant databases (I have the same software they do -- I just don't have the interest/time to create the databases).

However, those players all play a lot more hands (and generate a lot more rake) than a recreational player like me ever will.

Mike Haven
01-13-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm pleasantly impressed by this, received a few minutes ago:

"Dear Shania:

True Poker has credited your account for $9.50.

We issued this credit because another player apparently went "all-in" by failing to act while still having chips on the table. This resulted in the player gaining an apparent advantage and winning money from the pot, which but for this "all-in" would have gone to you.

We reviewed the hand in issue and concluded that the "all-in" had an appearance of impropriety. So, we awarded you the money you lost in the pot.

We have taken apropriate steps to contact the other player involved to avoid further such conduct.

Thank you for reporting the incident.

TruePoker Hand Review."

No; thank you, TruePoker.

MyTurn2Raise
01-13-2006, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do people really depend on pokertracker so much they wont play on a site that is not supported by it? Seems kind of strange to me...I like pokertracker and all but it has less than zero impact on if I am gonna play a site. Pretty much the only thing I care about is how good the games are. I also put rakeback or some bonus system above pokertracker in importance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 20+ sites. The only ones I do not consider are ones that are not pokertracker compatible.

TruePoker CEO,
I'm not sure if it's a good idea to become pt compatible. It would add me as a player, but only under good bonus/rakeback conditions. I'm a mercenary for hire. I have a strong feeling that I'm not alone in this type of playing behavior. I'm not sure that is what a site needs for long-term growth.

Jordan
01-14-2006, 05:35 AM
i'm not sure true poker wants too many 2+2 crowd. we'd just kill the fish, and that would mean fewer fish to pay rake. that's not good business. ideally a site would be made up of equally skilled players, just moving money back and forth while paying rake. they want to protect their fish, and keep them paying.