PDA

View Full Version : Best site to sell Pokerstars play money chips?

RioLobo1
06-09-2006, 03:59 AM
I would like to sell my PS play money chips. Does anyone know of a trustworthy site that will pay competitive prices? That is, $10-11 per million.

TIA

spino1i
06-09-2006, 04:09 AM
play chips are worth money!?! hmmm i thought they were for play only. Who would pay money for play money?

DipsetByrdGame
06-09-2006, 04:11 AM
just make a deposit you cheapskate

tom10167
06-09-2006, 04:27 AM
Do you seriously have over a million in playmoney? Is there really competition?

I will never understand life.

Arbitrage
06-09-2006, 04:36 AM
psplaymoney.com (http://www.psplaymoney.com)
A while ago he was doing 12/mil. Very legit.

waffle
06-09-2006, 04:38 AM
my god, there is a market for play chips? WTF?

Arbitrage
06-09-2006, 04:46 AM
This is how I built my roll about a year ago, doing the math, I figured a 1st place in a 27 player 50k play money sng pays out 5-6$ in real money (assuming you sell them at million play for 12$). The competition in the "high stakes play money sngs" were sometimes tougher than 5$ real $ sngs. I had about 10 million and sold them, now my roll is nearly 10k real money.

FuriousD
06-09-2006, 04:56 AM
On absolute they give you $50 once you get $50 million in play money for the first time. I have no idea why anyone would buy stars chips.

Brakara
06-09-2006, 04:58 AM
I see they sell 1 million play money chips for $22. Who the hell pays $22 for that?

uncleshady
06-09-2006, 05:02 AM
I respect people building their roll the hard way, but why in hell would somebody buy these things? They are friggin infinite.

zyqwert
06-09-2006, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I respect people building their roll the hard way, but why in hell would somebody buy these things? They are friggin infinite.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are not infinite at PokerStars. You get 1k in play money chips and another 1k each time you bust out. When I played there they make you cool off for an hour after you reloaded 3 times. It takes 4k to sit in the bigger NL ring game and now the SNGs are as big as 50k. All of the players in the higher play money games won chips in the lower games and the losing players keep getting knocked back down to the games with under a 1k buyin.

So, imagine a person who is not willing to lose money gambling (risk averse, personal morality, ...) but enjoys playing poker. That person has to be in play money. Then suppose that person likes to play against better players because the enjoyable parts of poker are more fun against the better players. Now if our non-gambler is a losing player we have a customer for play money chips. He is spending a tiny amount of money for his entertainment.

I think a better question is why players are willing to deposit and lose the vast sums that keep the poker economy afloat.

Annorax
06-09-2006, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I see they sell 1 million play money chips for $22. Who the hell pays $22 for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Retards, obv... when I was doing this, I'd sell 15-20 mil a week

belgianbeerlover
06-09-2006, 08:41 AM
I must have a ton. I have no idea how to see my balance. I've tried clicking the play money tab, but it does not work. Nothing happens??

Arbitrage
06-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Buying PS playchips, for some, is actually not that bad of an investment. You must figure the countless hours of entertainment that 1 million playchips could afford that person. They are spending significantly more of their entertainment dollar on, say, a movie per hour than on poker. And they probablty enjoy playing poker a lot more than sitting through a movie. High buy-in play money SNG's on Stars can he highly competitive, not like the crapshoot poker of the "small-stakes" play money games. Many people are competitive but don't gamble and there is a small niche of people who want to compete in poker without gambling. I myself never bought play chips but I can't fault a person for finding good value for their entertainment dollar.

jasonHoldEm
06-09-2006, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think a better question is why players are willing to deposit and lose the vast sums that keep the poker economy afloat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhh...you'll [censored] the whole system up.

J

Ted Metro
06-09-2006, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is how I built my roll about a year ago, doing the math, I figured a 1st place in a 27 player 50k play money sng pays out 5-6$ in real money (assuming you sell them at million play for 12$). The competition in the "high stakes play money sngs" were sometimes tougher than 5$ real $ sngs. I had about 10 million and sold them, now my roll is nearly 10k real money.

[/ QUOTE ]

</brag post>