PDA

View Full Version : Auto Fold PF?

Mroberts3
12-30-2005, 09:56 PM
I was talking with a friend the other day about poker and playing on multiple tables. He plays on 6 at a time if he can, my laptop size really limits me to 2-3 because of overlap. Anyway we got to talking about how many tables it was possible for someone to play at once. I started thinking about whether it was practical to have a poker program like a poker bot that could fold all but certain hands PF and leave u free to play only the better hands? Has anyone heard of such a thing or am I just being stupid?

HSB
12-30-2005, 10:02 PM
You're just being stupid.

OrcaDK
12-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Practical yes. Illegal and money confiscating, yes.

Sniper
12-31-2005, 04:03 AM
There has been previous discussion in the software forum about this... bottom line, autofold programs fall under the category of automated assistance that is against poker room T&C's.

SamIAm
12-31-2005, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
program like a poker bot

[/ QUOTE ]

curious123
12-31-2005, 08:38 PM
Don't believe the hype, it is not against _all_ sites' T&C's, they just want you to think that.

SamIAm
12-31-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't believe the hype, it is not against _all_ sites' T&C's, they just want you to think that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Curious123 (or the coward that made a new account just to post this) has a point. Or, at least, brings up a point.

Right now I have an AHK script that does keyboard commands, and closes those annoying "you should autopost" windows, and so forth. What if that script folded crummy hands for me, too? What could go wrong?

If Party says "Hey! You're running AHK!", I'll say "Right. I know." I guess they might be able to detect that I'm reading the hand-histories while they're being written, but I'm not sure if they'll even be able to do that.

I don't really think it's unethical to write-down my preflop folding strategy and then have a bot implement it. On the other hand, I didn't think PlayerView was the anti-christ, so obviously I'm without morals. What do y'all think?
-Sam

Sniper
12-31-2005, 11:40 PM
While I certainly don't want to fall into the silly argument over whether ALL poker rooms have a policy against autofold programs, it is very clear that MANY or MOST do!

curious123
01-01-2006, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Curious123 (or the coward that made a new account just to post this) has a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i'm a big p@ssy who doesn't want to deal w/ the hate, sorry. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

curious123
01-01-2006, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
While I certainly don't want to fall into the silly argument over whether ALL poker rooms have a policy against autofold programs, it is very clear that MANY or MOST do!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're correct Snip, that would be silly. I should've worded it, "not _all_ *major* rooms prohibit them." But of course I agree, most do.