PDA

View Full Version : I can see clearly now.

Farfenugen
06-08-2006, 12:51 AM
For the past year or so I felt like mentally I was breaking down. My thoughts were very unclear and I felt very cloudy. During this time I was just coasting through life and even in school I did the minimum ammount of thinking that was possible to pass my classes. I did no drugs and drank only occasionally. I am 24 years old.

This past month I began really working the math in poker. Trying to really think about my game and improve it in my spare time. At about the same time a new cooworker came along that I routinely got in political debates with. He is a savvy dabater and it was fun.

Today I realized that my thoughts have been clear as day for a few weeks now. I no longer feel cloudy.

I feel like the increased mental exertion has caused this.

Is there any solid evidence to back this up or am I just fooling myself?

MidGe
06-08-2006, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Today I realized that my thoughts have been clear as day for a few weeks now. I no longer feel cloudy.

[/ QUOTE ]
AND
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any solid evidence to back this up or am I just fooling myself?

[/ QUOTE ]

??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Farfenugen
06-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Maybe I didn't clarify what I was looking for.

I mean has there been any research done on this subject? Have the results been conclusive one way or another?

madnak
06-08-2006, 12:55 AM
I haven't noticed any such correlation for myself personally, but I believe there's some indication that thinking in reasoned ways can result in a greater general clarity of thought.

For me personally, the harder I think the more confused I tend to get.

Nielsio
06-08-2006, 05:27 AM
What are your political ideas.

godBoy
06-10-2006, 02:56 AM
There has been extensive research done in the connection between the human mind and body. To be very brief, using one helps the other.

Maintaining a healthy, exercised, well-nourished body will help your thought proccess.
The same vice versa - If you use your mind, your overall physical health will improve.

Perhaps this is what you have noticed.

evolvedForm
06-10-2006, 09:51 PM
I once experienced a very similar thing. My mind had gotten dull and lazy from lack of use, and it affected my everyday outlook on life as well as my ability to solve math, write, and read. Since delving into difficult books and forcing my mind to work, my mind became clearer and clearer, until I finally felt like life was in perspective again.

To me this proves that, for me at least, the mind is constantly at work. If you don't attempt to gain control over it, it will keep working without direction, and probably will crash.

hmkpoker
06-10-2006, 10:39 PM
Wrong forum /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nielsio
06-10-2006, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wrong forum /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not. Political beliefs and the psyche are one and the same thing.

gdsdiscgolfer
06-10-2006, 11:25 PM
The rain is gone?

Shooby
06-19-2006, 02:05 AM
I don't know of the studies, but I know that thinking makes me feel better. The brain is just an organic machine. If you work it harder,it gets more efficent.
Same thing with muscles. Muscles and the brain are 2 different systems,of course, but the point is, if you work out your brain,good things happen.
Steve