PDA

View Full Version : Would you go on a UFO?

StepBangin
06-07-2006, 09:14 PM
If you're driving along tomorrow night on a back country road and a spaceship plops down in front of you and an alien being comes out and motions for you to come aboard, would you?

EDIT: Would you tell anyone if you made it back safely?

Also, this would put a pretty quick end to our Is There Intelligent Life Thread!

Seriously, I think I would go aboard. My GF claims she would freak out and try to hold me back, but I honestly think I would enter the ship. Sure I might die or they might not bring me back, but think of all the things I would see if I didnt die. It'd probably be pretty amazing

EDIT:
Im not sure if I would tell, or who I would tell. If I had compelling evidence to prove I was there, I would probably think of something rather than telling everyone and scaring the hell out of the whole world. Plus, if I had compelling evidence, the Government would probably stash me away at Area 51 until I died

Spaded
06-08-2006, 12:15 AM
In a heartbeat

madnak
06-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Eff no.

bisonbison
06-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Yes. Life is for living.

aeest400
06-08-2006, 01:04 AM
I'd like to say I would, but if i so much as saw a shadow of an anal probe I'd run like the wind.

pokergrader
06-08-2006, 05:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eff no.

[/ QUOTE ]

*TT*
06-08-2006, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. Life is for living.

[/ QUOTE ]

and eventually dying. I'd be first in line no matter the results. See you on board BB, I hear they spread a mean game of triple draw using Sfer's money.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

bluesbassman
06-08-2006, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're driving along tomorrow night on a back country road and a spaceship plops down in front of you and an alien being comes out and motions for you to come aboard, would you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I would assume an alien species advanced enough to achieve interstellar travel could easily and discreetly take me by force. Thus, the fact that they are giving me a choice to come aboard indicates they are probably sufficiently ethical not to hurt me. Therefore I would go.

Exsubmariner
06-08-2006, 11:39 AM
I would make them promise not to put anything up my butt.

metsandfinsfan
06-12-2006, 01:31 AM
I would definitely have to go
And I would tell the people who I think I could trust that won't think i am crazy

Peter666
06-12-2006, 05:30 AM
You must have a real lousy girlfriend if you are willing to board that UFO. I feel your pain.

baumer
06-12-2006, 08:29 AM
Depends on what the bastards look like.

FortunaMaximus
06-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Only if they can synth Guinness.

Being advanced enough to accomplish interstellar travel's one thing. That's another entirely.

Andrew Karpinski
06-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Yes, and I'd probably post a trip report on OOT.

BluffTHIS!
06-12-2006, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't want to go myself, but there are a lot of posters around here I would be willing to bring to the little green men to be taken away.

Peter666
06-12-2006, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't want to go myself, but there are a lot of posters around here I would be willing to bring to the little green men to be taken away.

[/ QUOTE ]

They would just be going back where they came from.

ZenMasterFlex
06-14-2006, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I would assume an alien species advanced enough to achieve interstellar travel could easily and discreetly take me by force. Thus, the fact that they are giving me a choice to come aboard indicates they are probably sufficiently ethical not to hurt me. Therefore I would go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking "hell yeah I'd go" but then I saw this reasoning and then I thought "hell yeah I'd go"

chezlaw
06-14-2006, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, I think I would go aboard. My GF claims she would freak out and try to hold me back, but I honestly think I would enter the ship. Sure I might die or they might not bring me back, but think of all the things I would see if I didnt die. It'd probably be pretty amazing

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd hold back. She says I should go /images/graemlins/grin.gif

chez

bdypdx
06-14-2006, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Would you tell anyone if you made it back safely?

[/ QUOTE ]

IDunno?

Could be like a fly facing a Venus Flytrap. Or, it could be like a fly facing a symbiotic orchid with great orgasmic potential.

I wouldn't tell anyone, cuz they wouldn't believe me.

alsj

SinkRox
06-15-2006, 09:36 PM
I would love to go!

Alternitivly, you could always injest DMT intravenously.

CORed
06-16-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm a little less trusting of the hypothetical aliens than most. I have to admit, curiosity would strongly tempt me to go on the UFO. But fear of bad things that might happen woould probably lead me to decline the invitation. Why might these aliens want me on the ship?

Food. Okay, I'll admit, interstellar travel seems like a horrrendously inneficient means of gathering food. But who knows, maybe people are a rediculously expensive delicacy where the aliens come from.

Lab animal. The aliens want to know what makes these tool-making bipedal apes on Earth tick. They don't much care whether they kill you or how badly they hurt you in the process of finding out.

Pet. Okay, the dogs and cats in my house have it pretty good. There are worse things that could happen. But I think I would get pretty bored after a month or two. I would definitely behave more like a cat than a dog. Fetch the stick? You can't be serious.

Slave. Okay, this is pretty unlikely (there have to be less expensive ways to get labor than travelling to another solar system), but not completely impossible.