PDA

View Full Version : Stud Hi 3/6

preiserone
12-30-2005, 07:40 PM
I know 3rd should probably be a completion, any changes other than that?

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in
Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

4th Street - (1.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___folds
Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

5th Street - (1.75 BB)

Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

6th Street - (3.75 BB)

Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___calls

River - (7.75 BB)

Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___bets___raises

greenage
12-30-2005, 07:55 PM
I would have raised fifth.

benwood
12-30-2005, 08:17 PM
I like the way you played it.If you don't raise 5th,he will probably bet 6th almost all of the time.By waiting,you get a chance to make sure that a 5 or 6 doesn't hit the board & then he had less of a chance to fill up.If he has only 2 pair or even 6's only + a straight &/or flush draw,he will still usually call you anyway since your straight is pretty well hidden.

I would raise/call the river too,but I think that just calling the bet is a reasonable play.

Alex/Mugaaz
12-31-2005, 04:31 AM
I don't like raising 7th.

beta1607
12-31-2005, 04:36 AM
3rd should definitely be a completion - you have a great chance to steal here and if you get called you likely have a lot of equity.

For the rest of the hands I agree with both Greenage and Alex's comments.

Alex/Mugaaz
12-31-2005, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3rd should definitely be a completion - you have a great chance to steal here and if you get called you likely have a lot of equity.

For the rest of the hands I agree with both Greenage and Alex's comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising 6th is better than raising fifth. There is nothing gained by raising fifth and betting sixth. If you wait till sixth you get more money in as a bigger favorite. If he hits some horrible card you can choose to simply call it down.

preiserone
12-31-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...There is nothing gained by raising fifth and betting sixth. If you wait till sixth you get more money in as a bigger favorite. If he hits some horrible card you can choose to simply call it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I was thinking, it looked like he was going flush and I didn't want to put in the extra bet if he hit 6th.

preiserone
12-31-2005, 05:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3rd should definitely be a completion ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, your probably right, this is an easy semi-steal.

Andy B
01-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Definitely raise third. I would raise fifth, but waiting until sixth is fine. When he bets into you on the river, it looks like he has filled up. If he's over-aggressive, you might raise, but I think calling is better against most opponents.

preiserone
01-01-2006, 06:20 PM
This guys was pretty aggressive so I didn't take his bet as a made hand, I thought his range was big enough for a raise, but that could have been wrong.

Anyway, The guy just had a busted straight draw and rivered trip 6's.