PDA

View Full Version : stud high - 2/4

uwda
01-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Since 7CSFAP says 3rd street is the most critical decision, so I've been trying to post more 3rd street questions.

I think you could make an argument for anything here (fold, call, raise). What's my move?

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (use internet explorer) (http://www.jaysonweber.com/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ___folds
Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif ___raises
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ___brings-in ___????
Seat 8: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ___calls

PoorLawyer
01-16-2006, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since 7CSFAP says 3rd street is the most critical decision, so I've been trying to post more 3rd street questions.

I think you could make an argument for anything here (fold, call, raise). What's my move?

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (use internet explorer) (http://www.jaysonweber.com/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ___folds
Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif ___raises
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ___brings-in ___????
Seat 8: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ___calls

[/ QUOTE ]

probably depends on how aggressive the game has been and player specific. People play a lot differently short-handed than they otherwise would.
Not knowing anything it looks like it could be a move to get it heads up or steal. I'm suspicious of the queen limpoing in this spot. What you do probably depends on what you think will work...If you think the A is on a steal and you think a reraise will get it heads up, you can try it. I would probably call and see what develops. If it doesn't look like he improved you can probably get the Q out of the hand on 5th if you want to because the A will most likely have the lead and will keep betting. Folding 3rd can't be too far wrong, I would like the hand better if you had 2 suited.
Maybe if you brought in full that would make it play out easier. In a full game I rarely bring in full, but shorthanded I think it has a greater impact.

Roland
01-16-2006, 11:53 AM
I fold.

I’d call
a) if there were more players (and therefore more antes)
b) if there were maybe 3 or 4 limpers (better pot odds & better implied odds)

And maybe sometimes when I have good control over the limper.

I’d raise
b) in a faster structure
a) if I was sure I could get it heads-up

Naturally, I would still always fold if the raiser is tight.

uwda
01-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Thanks, Roland. This is good advice.

And congrats on your 1000th post. Someone should take you out and get you drunk. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Roland
01-16-2006, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And congrats on your 1000th post. Someone should take you out and get you drunk. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! Hadn't even noticed, lol.

BeerMoney
01-16-2006, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Roland. This is good advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roland always gives sound advice, but his drinking SUCKS!

MRBAA
01-16-2006, 06:11 PM
I don't like it, but in this structure I call. Chances are the Q will also overcall, so you'll be getting 5-1 immediate. The A certainly doesn't have to have aces in a four way game. If I don't catch good on fourth, I can fold there. Against some of the more LAG types at 2-4, I'll be going to fifth at least.

Andy B
01-17-2006, 02:44 AM
No one got me drunk when I made my 1000th post.

Or my 2000th. Or my....

And my drinking is outstanding.