PDA

View Full Version : AA passive line

bobhalford
06-02-2006, 08:10 PM
SB is 45/9/3. Tell me what I did wrong.

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB.

playersare
06-02-2006, 08:31 PM
wrong forum, but raise the flop to gain more info. at worst, you still save a river bet for a cheap showdown.

Thremp
06-02-2006, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wrong forum, but raise the flop to gain more info. at worst, you still save a river bet for a cheap showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lottery Larry
06-06-2006, 12:45 PM
You didn't raise the flop or turn and you wasted a bet on the river (doubtful that they call here with a hand that does NOT beat yours)

Elevens
06-06-2006, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wrong forum, but raise the flop to gain more info.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the reason to raise the flop.

Thremp
06-06-2006, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well its part of the reason. The other is to get more money in with the best hand.

Elevens
06-06-2006, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well its part of the reason. The other is to get more money in with the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still wrong.

pkr2k5
06-08-2006, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Still wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh really smartass? Why don't you explain why someone would raise the flop there. Both of his reasons seem legitimate.

Thremp
06-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Someone doesn't read TOP.

bobhalford
06-08-2006, 12:25 PM
If I raised the flop, someone might stop betting, or worse, fold. If I raise and get 3-bet, I'm not happy.

Elevens
06-08-2006, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Still wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh really smartass? Why don't you explain why someone would raise the flop there. Both of his reasons seem legitimate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was kind of hoping someone else would chime in and figure it out. Apparently, you decided that name calling is the correct approach.

I never said that the two reasons were wrong, but neither are the primary reason for a flop raise here.

First of all, what magical "information" are you going to get here by raising? This is such an overrated line, it's not even funny. When people start using this as their primary motivation for aggression, it leads to believe they don't really know what they are talking about.

The second reason is better. It's true, it's a good idea to get money in on the flop with the probable best hand here. However, that should not be your primary motivation here.

What's the reason, then? Well, how come no one has mentioned pot odds, yet? What are the pot odds that you are giving the original better and caller if you raise here? What kind of outs will they need to call here, and are they justified if they do? What cards do you give each of them?

And to the not having read TOP? You might want to thumb throught it again yourselves before jumping to conclusions.

Elevens
06-08-2006, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I raised the flop, someone might stop betting, or worse, fold. If I raise and get 3-bet, I'm not happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need untuck your sack.

Thremp
06-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Chapter 11 Page 121. Why don't you read it before jumping to conclusions. I said that reason 5 is correct, and then amended it to include the number 1 reason why you raise. Notice pot odds are no where on the list. Pot odds are something you are manipulating by betting. Here's a little quote in case you're confused. "Getting more money in the pot is the primary reason to raise when you think you have the best hand."

SheetWise
06-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Problem with playing limit -- you can't make a bet that will provide any usefull information.

Elevens
06-08-2006, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chapter 11 Page 121. Why don't you read it before jumping to conclusions. I said that reason 5 is correct, and then amended it to include the number 1 reason why you raise. Notice pot odds are no where on the list. Pot odds are something you are manipulating by betting. Here's a little quote in case you're confused. "Getting more money in the pot is the primary reason to raise when you think you have the best hand."

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should try focusing on SSHE rather than TOP. This was a limit game. I don't think this example was tailored to this.

Try again.

Thremp
06-09-2006, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And to the not having read TOP? You might want to thumb throught it again yourselves before jumping to conclusions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Idiot.

SamIAm
06-09-2006, 02:59 PM
I don't really understand why this thread hasn't been locked. It's an awful discussion in the wrong forum. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-Sam