PDA

View Full Version : A 5th street fold--standard? 2/4 hi

BTirish
01-15-2006, 08:35 PM
7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

4th Street - (3.38 SB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.69 BB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

6th Street - (6.69 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

River - (9.69 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___folds

Total pot: (9.69 BB)

SimonAllan
01-15-2006, 10:03 PM
I always think that you have more idea where you stand in these games if you bring it in for the full bet. I don't know why just bringing in for the minimum here is different from any other occasion where you limp a high pair.

Seat 2 could have various different hands. I know that I would probably represent the ace if I were him, and decided to continue, especially given that (as villain) I don't really know why hero bet fourth. I would certainly bet with just split nines here, given that nobody has shown much strength. I think that, given this will be a reasonably sized pot, and it can't be raised behind me, I probably call and re-evaluate on sixth.

Andy B
01-16-2006, 12:22 AM
What are you scared of?

frappeboy
01-16-2006, 01:13 AM
I like to bring it in for a full bet here too. You should never fold 5th street here, people like to bluff when they hit the ace, you're probably correct to call even if he had aces, only incorrect against aces up or better.

The Worm
01-16-2006, 03:37 AM
I know brining it in for the full bet is the right play, but to me it gives away too much info about my hand. I always have a hard time pulling the trigger. I agree with calling it here, but that 3rd spade might make me a little queasy.

SimonAllan
01-16-2006, 08:53 AM
If you think that bringing in for the full bet gives away too much info about your hand, you can also do it with hands like (A2) 2 and (AK) 2 suited. Also, I don't see that it gives away any more info than raising with a small card up on third does at any stage.