PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to tip anymore either...

Photoc
07-20-2005, 02:04 AM
Warning to those with no sense of humor, this is a JOPKE!

Well being as this forum has gone to hell with nothing but tipping threads, I figured I'd start my own with my own thoughts on the subject.

Waiters, why tip em? I mean, they provide nothing to society and all they do is bring me food that someone else made. I'd rather tip the cook! All the waiter has to do is write it down, deliver the order, and bring it. How hard could that be? Let the establishments pay them more money since going out to eat is expensive enough and I don't want to hurt my eating bankroll too much.

Anyone else feel the same? Man 15-20% is surely going to kill my eating bankroll every year!
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Trainwreck
07-20-2005, 02:17 AM
Yeah!

FREE DRINKS my arse, the beer wench always wants a tip!

Valet parking should also BE FREE, 'I expect my ride to have NO misc miles or marks on it, SIR!'

My lazy arse shouldn't have to pay extra for delivery, they charge 500% over the cost to make the friggin pizzas, at least anyhow, I am sure those drivers are well paid employees with full medical coverage and company car.

>TW<

yes more mocking parody....

SNOWBALL
07-20-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let the establishments pay them more money since going out to eat is expensive enough and I don't want to hurt my eating bankroll too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the first part. Even in very nice restaurants where the bills get huge, waiters are still only paid a small wage. Low wages are a huge problem in this country. Neglecting to tip doesn't make you as greedy as a boss, but it certainly doesn't do anything to reward people for their hard work, good service, and pleasant attitudes.

Chipr777
07-20-2005, 03:10 AM
Screw the valet guy also. He gets to drive my nice truck and thump to cool tunes while he's driving in a nice air-conditioned ride? He should pay me. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Photoc
07-20-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Screw the valet guy also. He gets to drive my nice truck and thump to cool tunes while he's driving in a nice air-conditioned ride? He should pay me. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL F Valet! I would not let one of those guys lay their hands on my 350Z. I'd have to be out of my mind unless it's a VERY classy/upscale place.

Chipr777
07-20-2005, 04:38 AM
I just bought a 2005 Silverado ext. cab, solid black. I added black step bars, hood and window wind deflectors, and tinted the windows DARK. I sunk a few grand in the system just so I can feel young again. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif 2 Memphis 10 inch subs in a sealed enclosure and 2 1100 watt Memphis amps for bass under the back seat and orion componants and plates with a fosgate 75 x 4. The componants are actually 3 ohm so the front pushes 100 X 2 and the back 75 X 2. It sounds great at listening levels with the wife and daughter in the truck. By myself? My teeth hurt and hair stands up.

The_Tracker
07-20-2005, 04:46 AM
I don't know about you Photoc, but have I had my fill of the jerks on this forum that insist dealing is a mindless job, can be done by a monkey, requires no skill, and therefore is not worthy of tips.

Where are these idiots coming from? Dealers in Vegas and elsewhere have been working for tips for the 100 years of its existence. Now suddenly its unjustified.

The mentality seems to come from these [censored] donks who think they are poker professionals and are OVERLY concerned with their bankroll and bottom line.

Listen people, you are playing low limit poker, its not your profession, its supposed to be fun, and toking a dealer should be seen as part of the expense of having the ability to play live poker.

Growing tired of these a-holes. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Photoc
07-20-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Where are these idiots coming from?

[/ QUOTE ]

The internet son, the internet.

CrashPat
07-20-2005, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Growing tired of these a-holes. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

I was going to elaborate but I don't think it is necessary.

ThinkQuick
07-20-2005, 06:26 AM
So I'm out with a friend for food and this cute waitress is "sure she's seen me before" and flirts the whole meal.. turns out she actually is a friend of a friend of a friend and thought it was really nice to see me again.
Now her service was not great, and my friend tips her less than a dollar for his meal and I'm of course stuck being way generous so she'll talk to me next time yet she'll never know that because my extra makes it look like an OK tip.
And yah, if I could've avoided that I could've had enough money for at least one more 'buy-in' at a restaurant.

SteamTroll
07-20-2005, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I sunk a few grand in the system just so I can feel young again.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a fetus, I am not certain that you should be shaving, let alone driving. What the Hell are you going to do when you hit a real MID-LIFE crisis?

JordanIB
07-20-2005, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Warning to those with no sense of humor, this is a JOPKE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, so incredibly lame.

highlife
07-20-2005, 10:58 AM
did you ever see the captain episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm"? its funny as hell, but tipping has gotten a bit out of hand honestly.

Chipr777
07-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Was there anything I said to warrant that post?

Al_Capone_Junior
07-20-2005, 12:10 PM
Yeah, and I'm sick of tip jars in the convenience stores where I buy my ghetto beers at!

Seriously tho, there are WAY to many tipping threads, all say the same things...

#1 I'm a stiff jerk who thinks he can't make a profit solely because of tipping and I'm trying to convince everyone else not to tip either...

#2 I'm yet another new poster with one post who didn't bother to search and is posting yet another "how much should I tip?" thread, which will undoubtedly give fire to the stiffs from #1...

Same crap over and over.

Just friggin' tip already.

al

bravos1
07-20-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and I'm sick of tip jars in the convenience stores where I buy my ghetto beers at!

Seriously tho, there are WAY to many tipping threads, all say the same things...

#1 I'm a stiff jerk who thinks he can't make a profit solely because of tipping and I'm trying to convince everyone else not to tip either...

#2 I'm yet another new poster with one post who didn't bother to search and is posting yet another "how much should I tip?" thread, which will undoubtedly give fire to the stiffs from #1...

#3.. I am a mathmatical giant and have spent 4 months developing my "perfect" tipping schedule, yet I never need to use it because I can not figure out how to play AK when an A hits the flop but the board is only 2 suited.. ARGGG

Same crap over and over.

Just friggin' tip already.

al

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

KenProspero
07-20-2005, 02:32 PM
In the spirit of this thread ....

[ QUOTE ]
Now her service was not great, and my friend tips her less than a dollar for his meal and I'm of course stuck being way generous so she'll talk to me next time yet she'll never know that because my extra makes it look like an OK tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your complaint here, you were the one interested in the waitress, not your friend ... why should he leave a tip just so you can get in good with the waitress??? If you ask her out, do you expect him to give you his credit card so you can pay for dinner? This tip was your expense!!

KornGeek
07-20-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I refuse to put anything in a tip jar if all the person is doing is handing me my food/drink or ringing up a purchase. There was insufficient social interaction or service provided to warrant a tip. After all, you don't tip at McDonald's, do you?

On the other hand, I always tip at the strip clubs. Those poor girls are working for nothing but tips. It's my duty to help them out. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maddog121
07-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Let the establishments pay them more money.

While understanding OP is a joke, actually, not a bad point. Granted, I tip. In a bar in Aarlborg, Denmark, I tried tipping a bartender and was just about cussed out by the individual. He went on and on about it being an honest establishment. It became my understanding that tipping was not allowed due to businesses being expected to pay a living wage.

adhoc
07-20-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about you Photoc, but have I had my fill of the jerks on this forum that insist dealing is a mindless job, can be done by a monkey, requires no skill, and therefore is not worthy of tips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just my opinion, but

1. Dealing is a mindless job.
2. Dealing can be done by a monkey.
3. Dealing requires no skill.*
4. Dealing is not worthy of tips.

[ QUOTE ]
toking a dealer should be seen as part of the expense of having the ability to play live poker

[/ QUOTE ]

But yet, it isn't part of the expense of having the ability to play live poker.

I am not sure why I tip a good dealer anyway. It is stupid and I should probably stop.

*A good shuffle does require an opposable thumb, so maybe it could not be done by a monkey. However, 1) having an opposable thumb is not a skill; and 2) a monkey could be taught to retrieve cards from an automatic card shuffler and then deal them to players.

GuyOnTilt
07-20-2005, 05:55 PM
"You should tip poker dealers and not complain because you tip waiters and don't complain."

Yeah, good argument.

GoT

bravos1
07-20-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just my opinion, but

[ QUOTE ]
toking a dealer should be seen as part of the expense of having the ability to play live poker

[/ QUOTE ]

But yet, it isn't part of the expense of having the ability to play live poker.

I am not sure why I tip a good dealer anyway. It is stupid and I should probably stop.

*A good shuffle does require an opposable thumb, so maybe it could not be done by a monkey. However, 1) having an opposable thumb is not a skill; and 2) a monkey could be taught to retrieve cards from an automatic card shuffler and then deal them to players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you tip waiters/waitresses?

adhoc
07-20-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not unless it's a very good restaurant and the service is similarly very good, in which case I leave a great big tip and then feel stupid, another thing which I should probably stop doing. Both criteria have to be met, though. I once stiffed a waiter at the Savoy. Good men's clubs like the O&C and the Carlton do not allow tipping at meals or the bar, however, which makes a lot of sense to me.

GuyOnTilt
07-20-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I fail to see how this is in any way a valid argument.

GoT

bravos1
07-20-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I fail to see how this is in any way a valid argument.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I see where you are coming from? I asked to see if this guy is just a cheap stiff (which has been confirmed) or he was using some type of double standard and had something against dealers.

pistolero
07-20-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't going to get sucked into this argument, but since you've compounded your stupidity, I feel obliged. Monkeys, being the primates they are, do indeed have opposable thumbs. Monkeys can not, however, correctly sort out a 6 side pot hand in the second round of a rebuy tourney, spot the winning O/8 low, or continually remind the one seat to post his effing blind.

bravos1
07-20-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not unless it's a very good restaurant and the service is similarly very good, in which case I leave a great big tip and then feel stupid, another thing which I should probably stop doing. Both criteria have to be met, though. I once stiffed a waiter at the Savoy. Good men's clubs like the O&C and the Carlton do not allow tipping at meals or the bar, however, which makes a lot of sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Why does the quality of the restaurant figure into your equation if the service is still good? Using your previous example, you should not be tipping wait folks because according to your theory, monkeys could also perform this task.

2. So then do you tip dealers at nicer B&Ms or at higher limits? Or does your dining expirience listed above not fit here either? Guess you are just a cheap hypocrite!

adhoc
07-20-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you've compounded your stupidity

[/ QUOTE ]

I am so dumb!

Incidentally, if monkeys do have opposable thumbs, this means they can be taught to shuffle. But thanks for pointing out how stupid I am! I am a real lamebrain.

[ QUOTE ]
Monkeys can not, however, correctly sort out a 6 side pot hand in the second round of a rebuy tourney,

[/ QUOTE ]

I concede that in this case, a human dealer has an advantage over a monkey dealer. However:

[ QUOTE ]
Monkeys can not ... spot the winning O/8 low, or continually remind the one seat to post his effing blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

as far as spotting winning hands, my experience indicates that an awful lot of dealers have no significant advantage over monkeys in this area, and may speak about as much English - which limits their edge in correcting player's mistakes at the table.

adhoc
07-20-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Why does the quality of the restaurant figure into your equation if the service is still good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just feel more justified paying out an unnecessary fee at a better establishment. Maybe the ambience and the quality of the food have something to do with it. Who knows. As I've already said, I think it's stupid that I sometimes tip anyway. I stopped in at a McDonald's in Egypt once where the boy at the desk brought you your hamburger. I felt no compulsion to pay extra.

[ QUOTE ]
Guess you are just a cheap hypocrite!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hypocrisy doesn't enter into it; I never claimed there was any kind of principle behind the way I tip people.

Also, it is fun to stiff people, especially whiny beggars! You see, the thing is, I don't give a damn.

steamboatin
07-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Whoops!, I posted it as my troll alter ego in a joke thread, I thought for sure you would take it as a joke. I really hate it when jokes miss.

steamboatin
07-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Al, the OP was making a joke, disclosed in advance it was going to be a joke and the first few posts followed suit but it went to hell after that.

I thought the OP was trying to make a point that too many threads about tipping had already been posted.

KornGeek
07-20-2005, 09:00 PM
If you really dislike dealers so much, please just stick to online poker where you won't have to deal with them. Also, no tipping is necessary online.

Chipr777
07-21-2005, 12:07 AM
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif It went over my head!

Derek in NYC
07-21-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where are these idiots coming from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Either low limit, marginal skill players, or young kids making 35,000 a year with a ton of student loans. Anybody getting bent about a dollar a pot is either struggling to overcome the rake at low limit games, or doesn't have the financial resources in real life to spare a very nominal amount of money.

Bulbarainey
07-21-2005, 01:04 AM
bah! just bring in some illegals and theyll be happy with the min wage!

The_Tracker
07-21-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Just my opinion, but

[/ QUOTE ]
I am willing to bet you $500 at 10/1 that you could NOT pass a poker dealing audition at ANY Las Vegas poker room on your first attempt with no practice.

Does that make you a mindless monkey? No. It means that dealing poker is more difficult than you low limit internet donks realize.

You couldn't pitch correctly.
You couldn't calculate the pot correctly.
You couldn't take the correct rake or jackpot drop.
You couldn't read the board in Omaha h/l split.
You couldn't read the board in Texas Holdem.
You couldn't read the hands in 7 stud.
You couldn't shuffle correctly.
You couldn't work an all-in split pot correctly.
You couldn't count the stub. (Doubt you know what that is)
You couldn't control the game and move the action.
You couldn't handle the deck correctly.
You couldn't muck cards correctly.
You couldn't DEAL POKER.

This list could go on but I am getting tired.

[ QUOTE ]

I am not sure why I tip a good dealer anyway. I am stupid and I should probably stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Oh, and please tell me when you are ready to fly out for your audition so I can be there to collect my money.

mosch
07-21-2005, 02:20 AM
These no-tip diehards are fun to tilt.

One of my favorite poker moments in poker history came while I was lagging it up in a 4/8 game. I laid a slightly bad beat on a combination table-coach/dealer-stuff. He went off on how I shouldn't have won the pot, that I only got it cuz the dealer gave me my miracle. I thought for a minute, agreed with him, then pushed the pot to the dealer.

Money well spent.

Photoc
07-21-2005, 04:20 AM
Well this thread has gone to utter $hit by the stiffs once again! LOL THE ORIGINAL POST WAS A FUKING JOKE GUYS! Geezus. This has turned into yet again, another flame war. Get out of my damn thread you pricks!

steamboatin
07-21-2005, 10:25 AM
I caught a couple good river cards Tuesday and I told the dealer that miracle cards on the river paid double. He dealt me two in a row but it is clear that I am a lightweight. Pushing the whole pot is most excellent.

adhoc
07-21-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

I am not sure why I tip a good dealer anyway. I am stupid and I should probably stop.

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has already been established that I am stupid, but thank you anyway. I don't understand, however, why your fixing of my post retains the part that says I should stop my tipping. This may be something beyond an internet donk such as myself. But, if you insist, I will defer to your insight and oblige.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and please tell me when you are ready to fly out for your audition so I can be there to collect my money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, I'll be at the airport at 10 am. Please wear a monkey suit so I can recognize you as a dealer.

Al_Capone_Junior
07-21-2005, 02:49 PM
#1 - I'd love to get you in the box, and watch you make a complete fool of yourself. You'd find out real quickly that dealing is much harder than it looks.

#2 - Don't be surprised if you try to sign up for a 2+2 event and your name keeps getting "mysteriously lost."

The statement in #2 goes for anyone who keeps it up with this "don't tip" (or anything related or similar) type of philosophy, in this thread, or in any future threads. I won't keep mentioning this, but trust me, I will remember to forget to put your names on lists if you're non-tippers and I'm doing the work of organizing a game / tournament / event / get together.

If you can't tip, shut your yap and go back to the internet, simple as that.

This crap is getting out of hand, I think we need a ban on tipping threads.

al

Al_Capone_Junior
07-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Mosch's name gets moved to the top of all future gatherings / events / games / whatever. And, I'm buying him the first beer, and the second too next time he's in town.

al

bravos1
07-21-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These no-tip diehards are fun to tilt.

One of my favorite poker moments in poker history came while I was lagging it up in a 4/8 game. I laid a slightly bad beat on a combination table-coach/dealer-stuff. He went off on how I shouldn't have won the pot, that I only got it cuz the dealer gave me my miracle. I thought for a minute, agreed with him, then pushed the pot to the dealer.

Money well spent.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir!

adhoc
07-21-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Re: idiocy and ridiculousness

I'd love to get you in the box, and watch you make a complete fool of yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the idea that I am a dumb person, which I freely admit, has been sufficiently proven now. It helps to have other people keep saying it as a reminder, though. So, even though some people might find you redundant, I think you are performing something of a civic duty by calling me names. Thank you, and God bless you.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be surprised if you try to sign up for a 2+2 event and your name keeps getting "mysteriously lost."

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew you were going to say this to me as soon as you read this thread. Seriously I did. I even thought you would phrase this threat as "your name might get lost" or something similar. There are many funny things about this: 1) As I have said in each of my posts in this thread, I do tip dealers; 2) My tone should seem playful to all but the most obtuse, and is; 3) I don't really give a damn about missing one of your Magoo sessions with the rest of your internet friends; and 4) Of course, the goofy predictability of the reply.

[ QUOTE ]
I won't keep mentioning this

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow, I doubt this part.

Oh yeah, I also thought it was funny that you specifically mentioned this thread in another post and wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
toooooooo many people have no sense of humor, even when something is clearly labled as being a joke (and apparently some reading comprehension issues too)

[/ QUOTE ]

hurlyburly
07-21-2005, 10:03 PM
I got it, and it gave me a good chuckle /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sounds like a very nice ride...

Oh, and F dealers and waiters and valets....

Al_Capone_Junior
07-21-2005, 11:24 PM
you know what, go ahead and make 1,000,000 more posts making sure you get "the last word." You're banned from anything I am the event coordinator of, permanantly. I'm putting you on "ignore" starting right now, lasting forever. And I'm done posting on this thread.

al

adhoc
07-21-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you know what, go ahead and make 1,000,000 more posts making sure you get "the last word."

[/ QUOTE ]

Deal!

[ QUOTE ]
You're banned from anything I am the event coordinator of, permanantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well now my life's ruined. In retaliation, you are herewith banned from coming fishing with me tomorrow afternoon. And while I am at it, you are banned from going out drinking with me and my buddies all of next week. Also, I was thinking of having a party sometime soon, but now you are banned from that, too.

P.S.

http://members.shaw.ca/gorillagallery2/velvetmonkeypic.jpg

Photoc
07-22-2005, 01:18 AM
Dude, shut up. This has gotten old. My thread, get out of it! LOL

adhoc
07-22-2005, 01:46 AM
This is my thread now. Resistance is useless.

Photoc
07-22-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is my thread now. Resistance is useless.

[/ QUOTE ]
Genius, the line is...Resistance is FUTILE!

quote it right or don't quote it at all /images/graemlins/cool.gif

steamboatin
07-22-2005, 08:14 AM
If you misquote Star trek, you might be a NIT.

adhoc
07-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Don't the monsters in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy say, "Resistance is useless?" I'm afraid I don't know much about Star Trek ...

pistolero
07-22-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you misquote Star trek, you might be a NIT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if you correct a Star Trek misquote, you're definitely a nit /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

TomBrooks
07-02-2006, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well this thread has gone to utter $hit by the stiffs once again! Get out of my damn thread you pricks!

[/ QUOTE ]
Go to this thread for a serious discussion... Anyone that doesn't tip the dealer? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=cardroom&Number=2891853&S earchpage=1&Main=2891853&Words=%2Btip+++-re%3A&topic=&Search=true#Post2891853)