PDA

View Full Version : They're replaying my 1 mil win right now...

Rizen
05-26-2006, 02:22 PM
They're supposed to be running it throughout the weekend, it's a little over half over now. My hold cards are exposed.

BTW - how many of you can figure out gardner's betting tell?

It's much easier with the cards exposed, but I picked up on it and it is probably the only reason I came back to win, since it was free chips.

-Rizen

Jurollo
05-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Got it open now Eric...

P.S.
I always pronounced it (Rise-en) not (Rizz-en) until I heard the podcast, where the hell does that name come from anyway?
~Justin

Jurollo
05-26-2006, 02:29 PM
I am not picking up on anything in the first few minutes, he just loves to minraise PF and bet 1/2 pot flop. Although I am 4 tabling while watching too, haha
~Justin

Jurollo
05-26-2006, 02:34 PM
He made some weird folds HU, like 65s and other suited connectors. He was playing for high card value way too much HU and just let you dominate him once you got the stack.
~Justin

Rizen
05-26-2006, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He made some weird folds HU, like 65s and other suited connectors. He was playing for high card value way too much HU and just let you dominate him once you got the stack.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he has patterns when he has the big stack and control. When I got control I just tried to run over him and most of his patterns went away. He does have a few patterns near the end though.

-Rizen

schwah
05-26-2006, 03:15 PM
what the heck was the q6???????????yikes

Skjonne
05-26-2006, 03:15 PM
calling with Q high? WTF?

schwah
05-26-2006, 03:17 PM
ive only watched 10 minutes or so but it seems the size of his bet is in direct corrolation to the strength of his hand, that is he minbets weak and overbets strong

Skjonne
05-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Every single time he minbets, you come over the top. Good times

dmk
05-26-2006, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Got it open now Eric...

P.S.
I always pronounced it (Rise-en) not (Rizz-en) until I heard the podcast, where the hell does that name come from anyway?
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? i always said rissssssen.

the_main
05-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Rizen = "Reason", no?

Yuv
05-26-2006, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ive only watched 10 minutes or so but it seems the size of his bet is in direct corrolation to the strength of his hand, that is he minbets weak and overbets strong

[/ QUOTE ]

And can Mikey please say that I told him that during the match, without seeing his cards?

I'm not 1/10 the poker mind some of you are, but I remember during that sweat thread that a lot of you are unfamiliar with betting patterns of weaker players. I thought that guy played like a 20$ HU player when I couldn't see his cards and I KNOW he plays like a 20$ HU player when I can see them.

And btw, his style of play is VERY common in these low HU sng's level.

NoahSD
05-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Rizen,
Post strategy!!!!

NoahSD
05-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Why no raise with 56o HU on the button?

Holy [censored] that Q-high call blew! Now I think I get the lack of a raise.

10K-in-Clay
05-26-2006, 05:59 PM
this guy has NO head up skillz

THEOSU
05-26-2006, 07:20 PM
man, i remember him pushing that 7322A four club board. now that i saw what he had... wtf?

BadgerPro
05-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Couple comments after watching the whole thing:

Didn't see too much out of line when it was multihanded except for aceviper folding AQs in the SB to panda's 4x button raise. Thought that was pretty weak.

Heads up:

His call with Q high baffled me.

I thought there were a couple times when you were OOP that you pushed the river that you shouldn't have and I would have liked a check/call better to give him a chance to bluff. I know he made some loose calls but I still didn't like it.

Quick example:

You had Th4h in the BB and he had Ac9c on the button.

flop comes 2d6d7x and you check raise him. I think he made one of his I missed the flop underbets. He calls your raise though. I'm guessing becuase he has A9 sooooted and gets married to good preflop hands like most bad players.

You get lucky and catch an offsuit T on the turn and fire again, something around 1.1 mil. He calls again, maybe because he picked up a gutshot, maybe because he still likes A high.

The river comes a 6 and you pushed for about 1.6 mil. I was a little confused by this push as you have to figure him for a draw or if you think he hit the flop a 2, 6, 7. I think he might call you with the 7. But he definitly calls you with a better T and of course he's calling if he tripped his 6s.

I would have much rather seen a check and try to let him bluff it. One of the only reasons I could see you push here is so that he doesn't see your hand and find out you check raised with air on the flop. I wouldn't mind hearing your reason on this one. I think there was another hand or two similar but I just picked this one to comment on.

Second hand I noticed was when you check called down with 34 at the end on a J24 board and he was betting T6 and hit his T on the turn. I would have liked a raise with middle pair on the flop.

I thought you played most of the heads up great though and he obviously was no where near your ballpark. Also his horrible underbets when he missed and pot/overbets when he hit was pretty bad.

BadgerPro
05-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Also did Stars ask you if they could show your hole cards? I was always wondering how that worked that some people's are shown and some aren't. Any sort of compensation?

Soulman
05-26-2006, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also did Stars ask you if they could show your hole cards? I was always wondering how that worked that some people's are shown and some aren't. Any sort of compensation?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, some sort of compensation is obviously in order... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10K-in-Clay
05-26-2006, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Didn't see too much out of line when it was multihanded except for aceviper folding AQs in the SB to panda's 4x button raise. Thought that was pretty weak.

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed

PlayingInPS
05-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Where do I get to see this replay?

BadgerPro
05-26-2006, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where do I get to see this replay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to the tourney tab/special. Should be pretty easy to find there. It's in black/bold.

BadgerPro
05-26-2006, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, some sort of compensation is obviously in order... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know he just won 150k from the tourney but if Stars asked me I would probably not show my cards. Especially when I make my living from online poker I'm not giving my opponents a free look at how I play my cards.

Rizen
05-26-2006, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Heads up:

His call with Q high baffled me.

I thought there were a couple times when you were OOP that you pushed the river that you shouldn't have and I would have liked a check/call better to give him a chance to bluff. I know he made some loose calls but I still didn't like it.

Quick example:

You had Th4h in the BB and he had Ac9c on the button.

flop comes 2d6d7x and you check raise him. I think he made one of his I missed the flop underbets. He calls your raise though. I'm guessing becuase he has A9 sooooted and gets married to good preflop hands like most bad players.

You get lucky and catch an offsuit T on the turn and fire again, something around 1.1 mil. He calls again, maybe because he picked up a gutshot, maybe because he still likes A high.

The river comes a 6 and you pushed for about 1.6 mil. I was a little confused by this push as you have to figure him for a draw or if you think he hit the flop a 2, 6, 7. I think he might call you with the 7. But he definitly calls you with a better T and of course he's calling if he tripped his 6s.

I would have much rather seen a check and try to let him bluff it. One of the only reasons I could see you push here is so that he doesn't see your hand and find out you check raised with air on the flop. I wouldn't mind hearing your reason on this one. I think there was another hand or two similar but I just picked this one to comment on.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had never folded the river after calling the flop/turn that I remember up until this point. The stack sizes were akward for me to make any bet that WASN'T all in at that point with the pot size. I honestly thought he would call me with many worse hands, and I was willing to go broke if he hit the 6 there. My read was correct and he called me with A high there. I mean after seeing him call a 1.5 mil bet with Q high earlier, it's not out of line for me to think he'll call an all in push there with something worse than TP/WK.

[ QUOTE ]
Second hand I noticed was when you check called down with 34 at the end on a J24 board and he was betting T6 and hit his T on the turn. I would have liked a raise with middle pair on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was varying my play a bit. In this particular hand I don't know if it was the best play for this hand, but I felt I needed to mix up my play a little bit to keep him from catching on. Even though he was pretty bad, he did catch on to a few things I was doing when I kept doing them OVER AND OVER again, so I had a few hands I did something different for not much reason other than to play differently.

If I remember right though, through the entire heads up play I really only felt I misplayed 3 hands. I know the JJ hand was one, the J9o where I picked up a gut-shot on the turn on a AKxT board was another, and I *think* this was the 3rd, although I don't remember it explicitly enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

And FWIW I didn't get compensated at all, but at the same time I really don't think this FT gives away much (if anything) about my play, since 90% of my HU play was opponent specific, and we got HU in like 25 hands.

-Rizen

Gomez
05-27-2006, 12:04 AM
How does anyone who folds AQs in the small blind to a button raise make it to a Final Table in such a large field?

I noticed he folded AJs to an UTG raise earlier, but thats OK. I'm guessing the money meant too much to him and he was just trying to move up a place or two. It's kind of ironic that he went down with AA vs QQ.

yabastid
05-27-2006, 03:12 AM
Rizen,

Well played and congrats again.

Your 66 vs. AK hand a couple hands before the break- what would be your calling range here 99+/AK?

You obviously had the guy's number just wondering what your range was? Also, if the hands were played face up would you take a coinflip in that situation or is your edge just too great to risk it there?

thanks.

La Brujita
05-27-2006, 04:35 PM
i didnt watch the replay and i forgot to read the rest of this thread but i remember you coming over the top when he led out after an ace flopped. he would fold alot.

BadgerPro
05-27-2006, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i didnt watch the replay and i forgot to read the rest of this thread but i remember you coming over the top when he led out after an ace flopped. he would fold alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting statement.

La Brujita
05-27-2006, 05:02 PM
I actually meant to read the rest of it but just forgot. Too many drugs in system.