PDA

View Full Version : Depositing to Party without IGMPay, NETeller, or Firepay

bdk3clash
12-29-2005, 10:45 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations for funding (and eventually, cashing out from) a Party account with any of their funding sources other than NETeller, IGMPay, and Firepay? In other words, the random ones on the deposit page with weird names like Click2Pay and Moneybookers and CentralCoin and ePassporte and whatnot.

Deposit limits may be an issue as I'd ideally be depositing $5,000-$10,000. Cashing out I can figure out later.

TFlo
12-29-2005, 11:03 PM
ePassporte is run by Visa.

LordBP
12-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Moneybookers works just fine. Epassporte has pretty high fees like 5% of what you put into your account.

BruinEric
12-30-2005, 01:46 AM
Use the phone card method. It worked fine for me for my first deposit.

Vig is high - cost me around $106 to make my first $100 deposit. But of course the advantage is immediacy.

Also - I had to call my credit card company to approve the phone card purchase. Seems there is lots of fraud with those purchases as well.

bdk3clash
12-30-2005, 01:48 AM
Does this strike you as a reasonable way to deposit $5,000-$10,000? By your estimate I'd be looking at $300-$600 in fees. I could hire a local sherpa to deliver my bankroll in precious jewels to Party's corporate HQ for that much. Surely there's a better way to go.

busguy
12-30-2005, 02:11 AM
ah . . . open an account in a relative's name and then open them a neteller account . . . .

Just a thought . . .

busguy

bdk3clash
12-30-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ah . . . open an account in a relative's name and then open them a neteller account . . . .

Just a thought . . .

busguy

[/ QUOTE ]
So you're saying that the best way to deposit without NETeller is to use NETeller? Brilliant!

busguy
12-30-2005, 02:27 AM
It was a joke . . .

I'm assuming that your trying to fund a new "rb" account . . . . no ?

/images/graemlins/crazy.gif busguy

Adde
12-30-2005, 06:01 AM
Hey clash,

I've recently researched the alternatives to Neteller, and found that Moneybookers seems to be the best option; low fees, seems reputable, they've got good "press" here and at other forums (do a search). I haven't opened an account yet, so I can't say for sure, but I will soon.

Adde

Maulik
12-30-2005, 06:12 AM
hey,

its called a wire!

CrashPat
12-30-2005, 06:42 AM
$5,000 to $10,000 a wire transfer would be your best bet. There is a fee from your bank one way, and a fee from Party the other, but it is not a big deal.

*TT*
12-30-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey clash,

I've recently researched the alternatives to Neteller, and found that Moneybookers seems to be the best option; low fees, seems reputable, they've got good "press" here and at other forums (do a search). I haven't opened an account yet, so I can't say for sure, but I will soon.

Adde

[/ QUOTE ]

The #1 Moneybookers problem for US based players is the wire transfer fee. It is generally $40 per transfer from your checking account into Moneybookers. Luckily you can withdraw from Party into Moneybookers without any problems, and there is no fee for transfer from MB to your checking account either.

The problem is unlike Neteller, EFT (electronic Funds Transfer) is not permitted. EFTs are usually free, but wire transfers are not.

I had the same problem as Bdk3Clash, I opted to fund my account slowly. First week deposited via Firepay, following week they upped my limits at Firepay and I sent over some more.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

TheWorstPlayer
12-30-2005, 04:58 PM
For how NOT to do it, check out my thread in this forum.

bdk3clash
12-30-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$5,000 to $10,000 a wire transfer would be your best bet. There is a fee from your bank one way, and a fee from Party the other, but it is not a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Interestingly, if I went the direct wire transfer to Party route, the funds would be coming from the same checking account that I linked to IGMPay for my previous Party account. Would this potentially be a problem? I'm thinking I should just wire the money to MoneyBookers.com as an intermediary just to be safe, since my MoneyBookers account is brand new.

emon87
12-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Why not open a new checking account?

anchorbanker71
12-30-2005, 05:25 PM
What about using IGM-Pay, but link it to a different checking account. Would that work? I'm trying to accomplish the same thing.

*TT*
12-30-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Interestingly, if I went the direct wire transfer to Party route, the funds would be coming from the same checking account that I linked to IGMPay for my previous Party account. Would this potentially be a problem? I'm thinking I should just wire the money to MoneyBookers.com as an intermediary just to be safe, since my MoneyBookers account is brand new.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad:

Moneybookers is the best route for you. At the same time start an IMG, HSBC, or Emigrant direct savings account, and use that account to do IGMPay or a new Neteller account once it is established. You are allowed 6 transfers a month usually with Internet savings accounts, plus you get up to 4% interest.

StacysMom
12-30-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not open a new checking account?

[/ QUOTE ]

bdk3clash
12-30-2005, 06:44 PM
If I fund my Party account with moneybookers what are my cashout options? Specifically, can I deposit $5,000 via moneybookers and do withdrawals to NETeller; more specifically the NETeller account that was linked to an old Party account?

Or would I have to cash out $5,000 to moneybookers before being able to withdraw to NETeller or something like that?

TheMetetron
12-30-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I fund my Party account with moneybookers what are my cashout options? Specifically, can I deposit $5,000 via moneybookers and do withdrawals to NETeller; more specifically the NETeller account that was linked to an old Party account?

Or would I have to cash out $5,000 to moneybookers before being able to withdraw to NETeller or something like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad,

Call IGM Pay. They will unlink your NETeller account from your closed Party account.

Use NETeller account with new Party account. Profit.

bdk3clash
12-30-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Brad,

You mean call IGM Pay. They will unlink your NETeller account from your closed Party account.

[/ QUOTE ]
Call IGMPay after having deposited with moneybookers, right?

smizmiatch
12-31-2005, 02:59 AM
I use Moneybookers all the time, but it has advantages and disadvantages.
The disadvantages are that you have to go into a local bank to make a wire transfer to Germany-based Moneybookers, which is kind of weird. Then there's the wire transfer fee. Once the money is in Moneybookers, the maximum deposit to Party Poker is $500.
The advantages are that it's quick and easy once you have money deposited. If you keep money in your Party account, there's no reason to ever have to make a second wire transfer to Moneybookers. Finally, it's a decent alternative to IGM Pay, Neteller and Firepay.

bdk3clash
12-31-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Once the money is in Moneybookers, the maximum deposit to Party Poker is $500.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoa--really? Dealbreaker.

4thstreetpete
12-31-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad,

Call IGM Pay. They will unlink your NETeller account from your closed Party account.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you say when you call them? I heard people here were having problems with it and that party wouldn't budge.

bdk3clash
12-31-2005, 06:19 PM
FWIW just spoke to Party and the maximum deposit to Party from moneybookers in is $500 for your first week, then $2000 per week without being a Party preferred member. If you become a Party preferred member your limits are higher quicker.

I think I'll be using moneybookers. I appreciate all the input in this thread.

Adam Stewart
01-09-2006, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey clash,

Adde

[/ QUOTE ]

The #1 Moneybookers problem for US based players is the wire transfer fee. <font color="red"> It is generally $40 per transfer from your checking account into Moneybookers.</font> Luckily you can withdraw from Party into Moneybookers without any problems, and there is no fee for transfer from MB to your checking account either.

The problem is unlike Neteller, EFT (electronic Funds Transfer) is not permitted. EFTs are usually free, but wire transfers are not.

I had the same problem as Bdk3Clash, I opted to fund my account slowly. First week deposited via Firepay, following week they upped my limits at Firepay and I sent over some more.

[/ QUOTE ]

What!? Is this true about a $40 transfer fee? Is this a percentage or a flat fee?

Does this only apply to Bank --&gt; MoneyBookers transactions.]?

What fees are incurred when transferring money from MB to Party and from Party to MB??

Adam

ebranig
01-10-2006, 12:38 AM
nvm