PDA

View Full Version : Motivation for change-> HOW?

AA Suited
12-29-2005, 10:00 PM
"People are motivated to change either by desperation or inspiration."

I fit in neither catagory. I guess you can say i'm comfortable.

but yet I want to seek more adventure in my life. My goal is to tour Europe + Czech countries.

Step 1 is to sell my house. I'll have enough profit to last me 5 yrs. (But i expect to keep winning at poker, so I can theoretically last ALOT longer.)

I've been thinking about this for the past year since I quit my job.

So why can't I pull the trigger?!

AA Suited
12-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Whoops.. forgot I already posted something similiar to this here:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4164777&an=0&page=0&gone w=1#UNREAD)

captZEEbo
12-30-2005, 11:19 AM
maybe you're not quite the adventurous person you want to be....nothing wrong with that; I've been meaning to take a vacation for about 6 months now and haven't made any plans because everything is fine the way it is.

bkholdem
12-30-2005, 02:42 PM
U do not want to pull the trigger. You do not intend to pull the trigger. You want to enjoy the fantasy so you post about it to engage your fantasy.

DonkBluffer
12-30-2005, 05:36 PM
How about 'fear' ?

Some Pig
12-30-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.cinefile.biz/shallow1.jpg

4thstreetpete
12-31-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I fit in neither catagory. I guess you can say i'm comfortable.

but yet I want to seek more adventure in my life. My goal is to tour Europe + Czech countries.

Step 1 is to sell my house. I'll have enough profit to last me 5 yrs. (But i expect to keep winning at poker, so I can theoretically last ALOT longer.)

I've been thinking about this for the past year since I quit my job.

So why can't I pull the trigger?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't figure out why you don't either. Life is short and if you have the means to do what you want then I think you should. I think it's a personality trait that allows some people to achieve greatness. People who long for adventure and not satisfied with routine. Pro players come to mind when guys like Brunson took risks at a time much different than now to pursue a dream.

Phanekim
01-01-2006, 06:11 AM
you will only change when you feel things are going bad enough for you to forgo your current situation (where it is comfortable).

game theory and tilting is same way. Tilting is just your brain thinking that the current way of playing isn't good , thus you must alter your game to win.

raze
01-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Dude, how come you want to sell your house? That's probably one of the most profitable investments you can have.

mike3076
01-01-2006, 07:56 PM
probably the comfort thing. selling the house is big step,
in the back of your mind i think there might be a bit of fear. possibly that of giving up what you have that has made you comfortable.

_TKO_
01-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Just do it.