PDA

View Full Version : PartyPlanner Beta is available for download

Mogobu The Fool
01-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Using this tool, you can configure how poker tables will be automatically laid out on your computer's desktop. This handy table-management tool for Party Poker and skins is free and will remain free.

Party Planner does two basic things:

1. Position and re-size your poker tables based on a layout you choose.

2. Give you handy controls to automatically show/hide tables and lobbies.

Party Planner is especially useful for those who open many tables at once.

You can check out PartyPlanner at the Overcards.com Poker Wiki (http://www.overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/PartyPlanner).

OC Vega
01-14-2006, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Using this tool, you can configure how poker tables will be automatically laid out on your computer's desktop. This handy table-management tool for Party Poker and skins is free and will remain free.

Party Planner does two basic things:

1. Position and re-size your poker tables based on a layout you choose.

2. Give you handy controls to automatically show/hide tables and lobbies.

[/ QUOTE ]
It does a bit more than that - it also has these cool features:

3. Controls Party's Lobby to stay locked up or minimized if you want to keep it from slipping on and off of the screen.

4. Opens tables to the positions and sizes you design in the order that you specify.

5. Detects 'holes' in your layout that come from when you leave a table - and automatically fills those gaps with any subsequent tables that you open afterwards.

6. Allows you to swap 2 tables' positions with one another just by dragging one on top of the other - resulting in pixel perfect shifting and automatic resizing of each table if the tables were of differing sizes!!

7. Saves / Loads multiple configuration layouts.

8. Doesn't look like ass!

9. Free, free, free.

The app is still in beta, so we're interested in bug reports / feedback too. If you've any ideas to throw at us, we've got our forums up and running to listen:
Overcards.com PartyPlanner forum (http://overcards.com/forum/index.php?)

-vega

send_the_msg
01-14-2006, 05:31 PM
just downloaded it, looks awesome, few Q's:
how do i minimize the options bar?
how does the keep main lobby open/keep main lobby closed feature work? i tried that up/down arrow button but it didn't seem to do anything...

Mogobu The Fool
01-14-2006, 05:33 PM
To minimize, right-click. Bring it back from the tool tray.

On the Lobby -- depending on which arrow is yellow, it should keep the lobby up or keep the lobby down. If you're in "lobby down" mode, it will stay down, even if you close a table (which otherwise causes the lobby to pop up.) If you're in "lobby up mode," it will keep the lobby up, even if you open a new table (which normally causes the lobby to shrink.)

Mogobu The Fool
01-14-2006, 05:34 PM
Oh, and if neither arrow is yellow, it lets your lobby run naturally.

send_the_msg
01-14-2006, 05:34 PM
figured out the answer to my second Q, but found a bug in the process. when you set the lobby to be always down, and then try and summon it from the start bar, it goes into this weird panic trying to keep the window down while windows wants to bring it up.

Mogobu The Fool
01-14-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. When you summon it from the task bar, it pops up, and PartyPlanner knocks it right back down. This is normal. If you want to see the lobby, just use PartyPlanner's up arrow, instead.

Unles. . . do you have another application open trying to control the lobby? The two applications would fight for control.

send_the_msg
01-14-2006, 05:55 PM
i don't have any other apps running. what happens is it pops up, then your app forces it back down, but then it looks like it pops up again, and then is forced back down, and in all this time the cursor is all choppy. could just be my comp...

Mogobu The Fool
01-14-2006, 06:02 PM
We can't replicate your problem yet. . . if you click the up arrow, then the down, does it work normally? What I mean is, does the erratic behavior only get triggered by clicking on the lobby in the task bar, or does it just always seem to work that way on your machine?

Also, could we move this discussion over to the Bug Reports Forum (http://www.overcards.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)? I want a record of the disucssion there, and I don't want to keep bumping other threads here.

Tyrannosaurus
01-14-2006, 08:43 PM
i have dual 2001fps, and when i try to rapidly open sngs from the lobby, party usually opens one in the top left, then the rest offscreen. this program almost remedies the problem, its just when i open a bunch of tables really quickly, it doesn't slot them in the appropriate order that i designated. any thoughts?

aLOWdAkING
01-14-2006, 09:12 PM
This is MAD sweet. Thank you so much!!!

teddyFBI
01-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Hmmm...I can't get the "lobby up/down" feature to work. From what I understand, if the up arrow is YELLOW, the lobby should always be visible...but when I open a table, it minimizes to the task bar like it always did...am I doing something wrong?

(I'd also like to see a tutorial of some kind...i'm a little lost trying to figure out just what this can do, and how i can make it do it)

teddyFBI
01-14-2006, 10:22 PM
n/m my last msg - wasn't clear i had to save my config to get stuff to actually work

teddyFBI
01-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Is there a way to turn the SNAP feature off??

I really like the auto-positioning feature when i OPEN the tables, but after I initially open them, I want to be able to manually position them without the app grabbing them and re-positioning into the SLOTS.

OC Vega
01-14-2006, 11:04 PM
We've got some preliminary documentation on our poker wiki (http://overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/PartyPlanner) but we'll be getting around to the more thorough document design soon.

-vega

Mogobu The Fool
01-14-2006, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a way to turn the SNAP feature off??

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you could quit PartyPlanner. . .

[ QUOTE ]

I really like the auto-positioning feature when i OPEN the tables, but after I initially open them, I want to be able to manually position them without the app grabbing them and re-positioning into the SLOTS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you just fine-tuning table positions? If so, you can use the golden corner tag. Or are you looking to totally disable snap, as if it were off?

After we get 1.0 gold, I can look for a good way to disable snapping/swapping while still maintaining capture on new tables appearing. . . It shouldn't be too bad. Please post this over at the overcards forums, though, or I'm liable to forget. . .

Mogobu The Fool
01-14-2006, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when i open a bunch of tables really quickly, it doesn't slot them in the appropriate order that i designated. any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

So snap in to your slot order if you open them slowly, but if you open them quickly, they get picked up in a different order? Am I understanding this right?

Mogobu The Fool
01-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Glad you're liking it, aLOWdAkING!

OC Vega
01-14-2006, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when i open a bunch of tables really quickly, it doesn't slot them in the appropriate order that i designated. any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]Tyrannosaurus, is it still correctly positioning those tables into the slots that you've designated - just out of order?

-vega

jmillerdls
01-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Is there some sort of step-by-step page that shows you how to set this up? I have no idea what I am doing.
I want Party lobby to stay open (i clicked the arrows and nothing changed..even after I saved it).
I want the party tables to go to a specific place on my monitors (I have 3) when I open them (different place for each new table). I opened 10 tables, clicked snapshot, then put numbers 1-10 on each of the screens that popped up. Closed everything down...re-opened a table, and it opened in the same place they always have.

OC Vega
01-14-2006, 11:51 PM
jmillerdls,

sounds like you did everything right except for hitting 'Save' on your way out of the config screen. We will be putting together better documentation as I mentioned above, but it sounds like you just needed to Save on the way out of the config screen.

Just so we know we're not overlooking anything here - what kind of tables were you opening?

-vega

jmillerdls
01-15-2006, 12:07 AM
SNG tables. I thought I saved it, but I'll try it all again to make sure.

BlueBear
01-15-2006, 12:32 AM
I spent a frustrating 20 minutes trying to use the software, but I can't seem to make it do anything. A clear step-by-step guide is needed.

Mogobu The Fool
01-15-2006, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I spent a frustrating 20 minutes trying to use the software, but I can't seem to make it do anything. A clear step-by-step guide is needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm verry sorry. Perhaps this will help: Party Planner Step-By-Step (http://www.overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/PartyPlannerStepByStep).

jmillerdls
01-15-2006, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm verry sorry. Perhaps this will help: Party Planner Step-By-Step (http://www.overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/PartyPlannerStepByStep).

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect. Got it to work and this is awesome...makes opening 10 SNGs significantly less work.

OC Vega
01-15-2006, 01:41 AM
Fantastic!
We'll try to polish up our documentation as well as the application itself.

-vega

goodguy_1
01-15-2006, 01:51 AM
Mogobu and OC-unbelievable job!!..this is so sweet and very easy to set up...just set up a 10-tabling.ppc layout in 5 minutes.

It is great that you can save multiple custom layouts. Looking forward to using this. It makes heavy multi-tabling much easier.

goodguy_1
01-15-2006, 02:34 AM
You can switch between layouts but it isnt moving the Lobby to the correct location for the new layout ..it leaves it in the old position..

Lets say you want to 6 table for a bit-you have your default setup you have created a 6-tabling.ppc(last used ppc file before exiting) for 6-tabling..all is well everything is where you want it..then you decide mid-session to only 4-table and load the 4-tabling.ppc you have created-I'm noticing that the new layout is fine for table positioning but does not move the Lobby to the position you have saved in the second ppc-the Lobby instead stays at the location of the originally loaded ppc layout...

Is it ok to switch between various table layouts mid-session?..I assume so.

veganmav
01-15-2006, 02:39 AM
I was 6 tabling 2040, and I was about to bet my paird ace on one of the tables when all of the sudden they all disappeared, along with party poker itself. like closed or soething, no error screen or nothing, no "do you really want to get up?" just closed, had to open it all back up... that wasn't fun, it probably only cost me a couple hundered dollars though...

don't get me wrong, while it was working it was really great, helped multitabling a lot...

but it also had the bug that it couldn't decide whether wit wanted a table minimized or viewable, so it was stuck in between, constantly opening and closing it. That only lasted like 5 seconds or so I think.

Anyway I would relaly like to use this program once it is free of these bugs

Note. I guess it is possible that it wasn't party planner that closed party poker, but this has never happened to me before in my history of like 200k hands with party

OC Vega
01-15-2006, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the new layout is fine for table positioning but does not move the Lobby to the position you have saved in the second ppc-the Lobby instead stays at the location of the originally loaded ppc layout...

Is it ok to switch between various table layouts mid-session?..I assume so.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, this will be a normal, supported behavior. I was able to replicate the lobby being dropped from control when loading a new configuration during play. We should be able to pinpoint and fix this sometime tomorrow I think.

-vega

goodguy_1
01-15-2006, 03:21 AM
vega this is so nice I just created 8 Beta and Regular Party layouts for various table setups and it is working great and was easy to setup

I'm very pumped about this-you guys need to give out information on how to donate some $$ for time spent on this baby!

OC Vega
01-15-2006, 03:26 AM
VeganMav,

Not sure what to make of that crash report. We do have an icon on the panel that will let you leave all open tables, however it functions by simply as trying to close each table manually. If you are seated at a table and try to close its window manually, Party Poker will pop up a warning asking you if you want to leave the table before it allows you to leave.

Our application has no ability to close Party Poker itself, so it sounds as if you may have experienced an application error related to either PartyPoker or a general system fault perhaps. Did our application also quit or crash at that point in time?

You mentioned a table wanting to open & close repeatedly. Was it a single table out of several with this behavior, or was it all tables that you had open? We still haven't been able to replicate this phenomenon yet.

-vega

OC Vega
01-15-2006, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
vega this is so nice I just created 8 Beta and Regular Party layouts for various table setups and it is working great and was easy to setup

I'm very pumped about this-you guys need to give out information on how to donate some $$ for time spent on this baby!

[/ QUOTE ]Goodguy_1 - thanks for the feedback and enthusiasm! We'll probably end up putting a paypal / netteller link on our site at some point for those who feel inclined to kick a few blinds our way.

We work on our tools because they are what we use for our own play. Mogobu and I have been playing pretty much exclusively at Party/IGM - so our tools work within that domain only. But we suspect that we'll start getting requests for ports over to other sites soon enough, and donations will fuel that conversion process for the benefit of you players who hunt in other waters.

As stated before, this tool will remain free, but we'll certainly help you help us /images/graemlins/wink.gif. Stop by our site and forums to keep an eye on how you can help us out (we won't be posting any links of that sort on 2+2). Currently though, helpful information is more valuable to us than anything else.

We're really glad you like it!
-vega

veganmav
01-15-2006, 05:52 AM
I was using the first release of the party beta, not the newest. Do you think that maybe that had something to do with it? thanks

veganmav
01-15-2006, 06:55 AM
BTW sorry about earlier, turns out it was a beta issue. I played without party manager, and it still froze.

But I'm pretty sure the minimizing maximizing thing is a party issue and I think it was being done with 2 tables but I can't remember exactly

BlueBear
01-15-2006, 10:40 AM
Great stuff, it's works beautifully.

Mogobu The Fool
01-15-2006, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW sorry about earlier, turns out it was a beta issue. I played without party manager, and it still froze.

But I'm pretty sure the minimizing maximizing thing is a party issue and I think it was being done with 2 tables but I can't remember exactly

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to hear it. I do testing on fresh builds of PartyPlanner against the latest beta, and I play on the old party client, and I haven't had that kind of crash hit me.

Anytime you see a table where you are seated close with no pop-up warning, it's either a system error or a Party crash. I coded the "leave tables" function to send each table the same Windows message they would get if you click on the X in the upper-right corner, so it has to behave the same way.

I haven't seen the "flutter" bug that you describe with the min/max thing; someone else reported that with a lobby. I'm going to have to remember to ask that question when people report bugs: what version of Party? That should get easier when the Party Beta goes gold shortly.

On the lost Lobby issue -- I'll look into that as soon as I've had breakfast. Seeing several people using multiple configs makes me think of a new feature -- on the Load screen, a list of most-recently-used configs to pick from; I'm not sure if that will help much or be really useful. We'll discuss it on the forums after the app is 100% bug-free and goes 1.0.

BlueBear, jmillerdds, I'm very glad the extra doc helped you out. I wrote it in response to BlueBear's first post! Let us know if any steps were unclear so they can be better for the next person. I'm really glad that those having trouble are now able to use the tool.

Thanks for the compliments, all!

teddyFBI
01-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Hmmm...I have decided that (for now) i ONLY want to use the lobby up/down featuer of your app.

But I can't for the life of me get it to work...yesterday when I was fooling around with the slot feature, I got it to work by making the up arrow hellow, creating some "slots", and then saving...but when I delete all the slots and try to save a PartyPlanner configuration with ONLY a yellow up-arrow, it doesn't seem to "take"...is there an easy way to ONLY activate the lobby up/down feature?

OC Vega
01-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Teddy,
I think that the problem you're running into is the same as the one we're going to look into today (the lobby control being lost while changing configurations). A simple remedy:

Go into config mode with only your Party lobby open, placed where you like.

Press the Snapshot icon. (this will delete all other slots that dont have a lobby or table associated with them)

Save your configuration, name it 'lobby' etc.

Quit and restart PartyPlanner. It will come back with that 'lobby' config setting active and the controls should work on it.

We'll be working on this bug today so that no restart is necessary.

-vega

Mogobu The Fool
01-15-2006, 04:36 PM
By way of explaining how the application works. . .

The Lobby Up/Down arrows don't just automatically control your lobby. They control the Lobby Slot(s) that you have configured. If you have no Lobby slot, the arrows will do nothing.

If you make a Slot layout with Tables but no Lobbies, you can only control tables. If you make a Slot layout with a Lobby but no Tables, you can only control lobbies.

So if you want to use the application ONLY for Lobby control, you need to go into Config and create a setup with one Slot for a Lobby and no Slots for Tables.

If you have Party up and running, while you're in Config mode you should see your actual Party Lobby through the translucent slot overlay. If you move the overlay, your Lobby should be dragged underneath. If that happens, then everything is working perfectly.

Save that configuration and leave Config mode. There's no need to restart the application. The Lobby Up/Down arrows should now work. The program will automatically re-load the same slot configuration next time you run it (it always loads the last config that you loaded or saved.)

teddyFBI
01-15-2006, 05:50 PM
got it -- so it's really the slots that are driving the app. (that's not immediately apparent, esp since you can only get to the slot setup in the config screen, yet the arrows are on the main menu)
i'll give it another shot.

Mogobu The Fool
01-15-2006, 06:02 PM
I'm thinking we should grey-out the controls that won't work -- if there are no Lobby Slots, grey-out the Lobby controls, and if there are no Table Slots, grey-out the Table controls. Would you agree that this helps?

By the way, give it a few minutes before downloading; I just finished testing a fix for the "Lost Lobby" problem. I believe the same underlying bug was responsible for the "Fluttering Lobby" problem; Vega is re-packaging for the installer as I type. This will be 0.9.1.0.

Neither problem came up in testing because I wasn't testing everything after a re-load scenario!

OC Vega
01-15-2006, 06:10 PM
The 0.9.1.0 installer is live now, and should have fixed the bugs discussed above (loss of lobby control and table fluttering).

You can download it from the Overcards.com PartyPlanner forum (http://overcards.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21).

-vega

Mogobu The Fool
01-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Make that 0.9.1.1.

Update to 0.9.1.1 tweaks minor issues:
Lingering visual frame over "Show" button after click.
Failure to show PartyPlanner after double-clicking ToolTray icon

send_the_msg
01-15-2006, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 0.9.1.0 installer is live now, and should have fixed the bugs discussed above (loss of lobby control and table fluttering).

You can download it from the Overcards.com PartyPlanner forum.

-vega

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Make that 0.9.1.1.

Update to 0.9.1.1 tweaks minor issues:
Lingering visual frame over "Show" button after click.
Failure to show PartyPlanner after double-clicking ToolTray icon

[/ QUOTE ]
tag team programmers...

OC Vega
01-15-2006, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
tag team programmers...

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah, this project was completely coded by Mogobu (although I've been useful for debugging). I do the graphics and installers and we both hash out the features. I was too lazy to program anything last year.

-vega

Timer
01-16-2006, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tag team programmers...

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah, this project was completely coded by Mogobu (although I've been useful for debugging). I do the graphics and installers and we both hash out the features. I was too lazy to program anything last year.

-vega

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had time to dowload your program yet, but I read this entire thread, and I have a couple of questions.

How exactly does it differ from MTH? I used MTH for the first time today to open 10 sit'n'gos and it worked pretty good. A few problems, but it was OK. What does yours do differently? Does it work in conjunciton with MTH?

I'm just not entirely clear about it's function since I'm using the Party Beta and MTH. I guess what I'm asking is how does it compliment these two products?

Thanks.

Wynton
01-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Having just found this thread, I'd also like to ask for a clarification about how this program compliments the party poker beta, which allows resizing as well.

Also, do you have any plans to make the program work with other sites, like Stars? If the program could do this with a variety of sites, it would be awesome and I would happily donate money, or purchase a future version.

Mogobu The Fool
01-16-2006, 01:28 PM
Timer and Wynton,

I don't use MTH, but I've peeked at it. I think I can best describe the difference between MTH and PartyPlanner this way:

PartyPlanner doesn't change the table layout you use; it just sets it up for you and makes management easy. It is designed to help you do play the way you already play. MultiTableHelper, on the other hand, actively moves the tables around while you are playing. It is designed to help you play more tables than can physically fit on the screen by always moving the "active" table to one corner.

So PartyPlanner does for you what you already do; MTH lets you do something else entirely. MTH does not work for my play style; I remember details about tables based on where they are on my monitors. MTH is great if you play a simpler strategy and can decide very quickly as soon as a table pops up, but I play a more involved game and I lose a lot of contextual cues if I can't tell which table is which.

How does PartyPlanner work with the PT beta?

Imagine that you normally play like this on your two 1600x1200 displays:
You set up four tables across the tops of the screens at full-size to play on. You open six more tables, shrunk to smaller size, and lay them across the bottoms; none of these overlap. The bottom tables are used to find better tables or seats; the top tables are for play.

This is a lot of setup work. Every time you open a table, it opens in Party's default position (either 0,0, or some down-right position), and then you have to re-size it and move it to the bottom. If you join a table on the bottom, you need to re-size it and move it to the top. All while playing the other three tables.

PartyPlanner lets you do this: define a layout with the four large slots at the top and six small slots at the bottom. (You just re-size the slots with your mouse in config mode, as if they were Party tables.)

Then, when when Party pops up a table, it will be automatically moved AND re-sized into the next open slot. The Party lobby will stay up as you open your ten tables, because PartyPlanner brings it back when it shrinks. After you put up your ten tables, you sit down at four of them -- but two are at the bottom (you're just setting up to play.) You don't have to re-size them at all; just drag them from the bottom slots to the top slots; PartyPlanner will swap the tables for you; the table from the bottom will be enlarged and snapped exactly into your top slot, and the table formerly in the top will shrink and snap into the bottom slot that you just vacated.

The idea is to put the tables exactly where you want them all the time, without having to spend time re-sizing and nudging tables around.

PartyPlanner is still helpful if you just have one screen, of course, but the more tables you spread (obs or played), the more work it saves you from.

Does that description help?

Timer
01-16-2006, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Timer and Wynton,

I don't use MTH, but I've peeked at it. I think I can best describe the difference between MTH and PartyPlanner this way:

PartyPlanner doesn't change the table layout you use; it just sets it up for you and makes management easy. It is designed to help you do play the way you already play. MultiTableHelper, on the other hand, actively moves the tables around while you are playing. It is designed to help you play more tables than can physically fit on the screen by always moving the "active" table to one corner.

So PartyPlanner does for you what you already do; MTH lets you do something else entirely. MTH does not work for my play style; I remember details about tables based on where they are on my monitors. MTH is great if you play a simpler strategy and can decide very quickly as soon as a table pops up, but I play a more involved game and I lose a lot of contextual cues if I can't tell which table is which.

How does PartyPlanner work with the PT beta?

Imagine that you normally play like this on your two 1600x1200 displays:
You set up four tables across the tops of the screens at full-size to play on. You open six more tables, shrunk to smaller size, and lay them across the bottoms; none of these overlap. The bottom tables are used to find better tables or seats; the top tables are for play.

This is a lot of setup work. Every time you open a table, it opens in Party's default position (either 0,0, or some down-right position), and then you have to re-size it and move it to the bottom. If you join a table on the bottom, you need to re-size it and move it to the top. All while playing the other three tables.

PartyPlanner lets you do this: define a layout with the four large slots at the top and six small slots at the bottom. (You just re-size the slots with your mouse in config mode, as if they were Party tables.)

Then, when when Party pops up a table, it will be automatically moved AND re-sized into the next open slot. The Party lobby will stay up as you open your ten tables, because PartyPlanner brings it back when it shrinks. After you put up your ten tables, you sit down at four of them -- but two are at the bottom (you're just setting up to play.) You don't have to re-size them at all; just drag them from the bottom slots to the top slots; PartyPlanner will swap the tables for you; the table from the bottom will be enlarged and snapped exactly into your top slot, and the table formerly in the top will shrink and snap into the bottom slot that you just vacated.

The idea is to put the tables exactly where you want them all the time, without having to spend time re-sizing and nudging tables around.

PartyPlanner is still helpful if you just have one screen, of course, but the more tables you spread (obs or played), the more work it saves you from.

Does that description help?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the help. I downloaded your program and played with it a little. I was 10 tabling the 50nl/6 on Party.

Here is a problem I have:

I'm only using one screen for the tables, on a second smaller screen I place the lobby. I'm using a 21 inch monitor with 1600x1200. I have the 10 tables set up the way I want them, but because there is overlap I can't get to tables that are hidden.

So I clicked on the Party beta icon (not cascasde but the other one) so I can see all of my games to make sure I haven't timed out in any, but your program snaps everything back into it's preset configuration. The same applies if I hit cascade.

Now, I can turn off, or quit, your app and I'm then able to use the beta buttons, but this is kind of a...well I don't know it's not efficient.

I don't know what I'm driving at really. I'd like to be able to toggle back and forth between the Party beta's two functions and your app. I like using all three functions. It just depends what I need to do.

Normally I play in the cascade mode, because in the other mode the tables are too small to see. But like I said, I need to have this mode available so I can see what's going on in every game.

Of course If I'm only playing four or maybe five games there is no need to have to cascade or whatever. But with a lot of games going it's easy to get timed out if you can't see all of your tables.

Thanks.

jmillerdls
01-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Ok, so I have been trying this out today. The tables don't always open in the correct order, and even though I have the yellow arrow on up, but it only stays up if I click on minimize or something...if I try and open a table, it still minimizes like it always did.

01-16-2006, 05:13 PM

shutupndeal
01-16-2006, 08:16 PM
Hi,

Its prob somewhere in here but I dont see it and so I will ask. Does the software also work with say Multi-poker and that other skin...hmmn I forget now but not the Empire as they are no longer of the network but Multipoker I know is and theres one other.

Mogobu The Fool
01-16-2006, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so I have been trying this out today. The tables don't always open in the correct order, and even though I have the yellow arrow on up, but it only stays up if I click on minimize or something...if I try and open a table, it still minimizes like it always did.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "don't always open in the correct order" problem sounds like you have an earlier version of the beta; that problem should be gone in 0.9.1.x

If the lobby is not being controlled, it sounds like there is no Lobby Slot. PartyPlanner runs off of the Slots; if you dont' have a Lobby Slot, it won't do anything.

Mogobu The Fool
01-16-2006, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does the program automatically move your mouse to the table that requires an "action" and can you make this tables window border "flash" so you know this is the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Features like these will be under serious consideration after 1.0 if there is a demand. The target audience for this tool is people who set up their tables and play "normally." We wanted to automate the tasks that we do all the time, not change the way we play. We didn't set out to mimic MTH or its features.

The thrust for now is to give it a little time with the current feature set, make sure there aren't any more bugs, make sure it runs OK on most people's machine, and to release a stable 1.0. After that, we're open to suggestions!

Mogobu The Fool
01-16-2006, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Its prob somewhere in here but I dont see it and so I will ask. Does the software also work with say Multi-poker and that other skin...hmmn I forget now but not the Empire as they are no longer of the network but Multipoker I know is and theres one other.

[/ QUOTE ]

It currently works with Party and IGM skins. Others may be added later based on compatibility/support/demands.

Mogobu The Fool
01-16-2006, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to be able to toggle back and forth between the Party beta's two functions and your app. I like using all three functions. It just depends what I need to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're currently adding a "Stop" icon which will turn off PartyPlanner until you click it again. It's not a trivial change, because we need to write new code for clean-up while stopped (you don't want little yello tags left behind, etc.), but overall, it's fairly simple, and it's very much in fitting with our design concept: Planner doesn't control how to play, it just takes over some of the work of playing your way. Staying out of the way while you do something else is right in line with that philosophy.

veganmav
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
I love your program, but I had to stop using it, and stop using beta all together, because it keeps crashing on me. It has now happened several times, and it was determined that it was a bug in Beta, here is a link to the thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4456285&an=0&page=0#Post 4456285) How do you people use Beta? I just don't get it, I would love to use the beta and party planner, it was great while I did, until it crashes...
somebody please help me..

(Note, this is not a Party planner problem, it is a PartyBeta problem)

Mogobu The Fool
01-16-2006, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love your program, but I had to stop using it, and stop using beta all together, because it keeps crashing on me. It has now happened several times, and it was determined that it was a bug in Beta, here is a link to the thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4456285&an=0&page=0#Post 4456285) How do you people use Beta? I just don't get it, I would love to use the beta and party planner, it was great while I did, until it crashes...
somebody please help me..

(Note, this is not a Party planner problem, it is a PartyBeta problem)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I DON'T play on the Party Poker Beta! I use PartyPlanner with the standard Party Poker client. Obviously, I don't size my tables down, but I can't live without the other PartyPlanner features. Loss of any one feature drives me crazy! Closing the Lobby, swapping the tables. . . I've spoiled myself. If it's off, I'll even fire up PartyPlanner just to hit the "leave all" button!

(Technically, even on the old Party client, you can use PartyPlanner to trim a little bit off of the window size; the windows won't shrink, but you can trim quite a bit off the Lobby especially.)

OC Vega
01-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Veganmav,

The short answer here is - I don't use Party Poker's beta client. I have plenty of screenspace myself, so I don't have a real need to shrink my window sizes down.

Knowing that Party would be building the resizing into the client got us to make sure our app would take advantage of it, so we've been testing with the beta client - although apparently not long enough to make their beta client crash on us.

Based upon what I've read elsewhere - I would not recommend running their beta client when you've got money on the table. I'll switch over when they push it as the mandatory update personally. Until then, I'm good with Party's stable release.

-vega

Mogobu The Fool
01-19-2006, 01:34 AM
Timer, you've got your Run/Stop button in the latest version.

The 0.9.2.0 Beta is now available for download off the PartyPlanner Wiki page (http://www.overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/PartyPlanner).

This version also adds Performance Tuning options so you can adjust the refresh interval and opacity levels in case you are having performance problems, as well as some smaller tweaks and fixes.

rvg72
01-19-2006, 04:53 AM
I love it... well done.

rvg

Tk79
01-19-2006, 07:12 AM
This program is very helpful but I do have one problem with it. When I keep it open for a while it seems that the lobby sort of slides out of the window its in. Anyone else experience this? If you dont know what Im talking about Ill get a screen shot next time it happens if you want Mogabu.

BTW Im not using the PP bets

The President
01-19-2006, 09:05 AM
i was having trouble and getting an error. i did a clean install of the .net framework 2. and a clean install of the latest beta.

partyplanner errors when i go to click the snapshot button. below is part of the error info:

[ QUOTE ]
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at PartyPlanner.PokerForm.PokerForm_SizeChanged(Objec t sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventAr gs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetBoundsCore(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, BoundsSpecified specified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetBoundsCore(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, BoundsSpecified specified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ScaleControl(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.ScaleContro l(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ScaleControl(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ScaleControl(SizeF includedFactor, SizeF excludedFactor, Control requestingControl)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.Scale(SizeF includedFactor, SizeF excludedFactor, Control requestingControl)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.PerformAutoS cale(Boolean includedBounds, Boolean excludedBounds)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.PerformNeede dAutoScaleOnLayout()
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.OnLayoutResu ming(Boolean performLayout)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ResumeLayout(Boolean performLayout)
at PartyPlanner.PokerForm.InitializeComponent()
at PartyPlanner.PokerForm..ctor(Plan plan, Slot slot)
at PartyPlanner.Slot..ctor(Plan plan, PokerWatcher watcher)
at PartyPlanner.SlotList.ResetAllPositions()
at PartyPlanner.PartyPlannerConfig.slotResetButton_Cl ick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
PartyPlanner
Assembly Version: 0.9.2.1
Win32 Version: 0.9.2.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/PartyPlanner/PartyPlanner.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

[/ QUOTE ]

etc etc. help?

Wynton
01-19-2006, 09:15 AM
I have a relatively small monitor and like to play one or two tables, while working. What I really want is to make the tables as small as possible (like with the Party Beta), and then have the tables remain on top of the screen, while I type below on a word processing program.

Does Party Planner - or any other program - enable me to split the screen in this manner, so that I can keep the tables permanently displayed while simultaneously working on a document? With another computer and monitor, I think I had software that allowed me to force a particular window to "remain on top," but I have no idea what that software was.

Tk79
01-19-2006, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but I have no idea what that software was.

[/ QUOTE ]

nView

Mogobu The Fool
01-19-2006, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you dont know what Im talking about Ill get a screen shot next time it happens if you want Mogobu.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't picture what you mean; either more description or a snapshot would help -- ideally over at the PartyPlanner Bug Reports (http://www.overcards.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20) forum.

Mogobu The Fool
01-19-2006, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love it... well done.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!!

Mogobu The Fool
01-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Mr. President, I'm at a loss trying to figure out what's happening on this one. . . PokerForm_SizeChanged is a very short routine. The only way to get a null object reference in there is to present an impossible condition, and I can't figure out where that's coming from!

I've been testing Snapshot in all sorts of scenarios and can't make your error happen. Can you give me a little context?

When you hit Snapshot:

1. How many lobbies are open?
2. How many poker tables are open?
3. Is there anything "weird" about the positions of any of the above?
4. Do you have any problems making a layout manually (add table, add lobby), or does it always crash out for you?

Also, if possible, let's move this conversation over to the PartyPlanner bug reports (http://www.overcards.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21) forum.

Ari Gold
01-19-2006, 01:04 PM
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif this program!

dp13368
01-19-2006, 01:24 PM
When I install the program and try to run it I get this pop-up error.

Partyplanner.exe-Application Error

The application failed to initiliaze properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mogobu The Fool
01-19-2006, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You get that when you run the installer? That's a first; we build the self-extracting excecutable using the NullSoft installer (from the dude who made WinAmp.)

Or do you mean the install works, and then you get the error when you try to run the application?

rvg72
01-19-2006, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The application failed to initiliaze properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Anyone have any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to install the .NET Framework - not having it or having too old of a version will generate this error.

rvg

The President
01-19-2006, 09:17 PM
mobo,

it occurs whether or not i click snapshot or add table.

it doesn't matter if i have 1, 6, or 0 tables open.

here is the full error code:
[ QUOTE ]
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at PartyPlanner.PokerForm.PokerForm_SizeChanged(Objec t sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventAr gs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetBoundsCore(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, BoundsSpecified specified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetBoundsCore(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, BoundsSpecified specified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ScaleControl(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.ScaleContro l(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ScaleControl(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ScaleControl(SizeF includedFactor, SizeF excludedFactor, Control requestingControl)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.Scale(SizeF includedFactor, SizeF excludedFactor, Control requestingControl)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.PerformAutoS cale(Boolean includedBounds, Boolean excludedBounds)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.PerformNeede dAutoScaleOnLayout()
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.OnLayoutResu ming(Boolean performLayout)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ResumeLayout(Boolean performLayout)
at PartyPlanner.PokerForm.InitializeComponent()
at PartyPlanner.PokerForm..ctor(Plan plan, Slot slot)
at PartyPlanner.Slot..ctor(Plan plan, Int32 slotType)
at PartyPlanner.PartyPlannerConfig.addTableButton_Cli ck(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
PartyPlanner
Assembly Version: 0.9.2.1
Win32 Version: 0.9.2.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/PartyPlanner/PartyPlanner.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the help.

Mogobu The Fool
01-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Dammit, you've made this thread all wide now. . .

Anyway, I have a potential fix, but I can't test it because I can't cause your problem. Could you do me a favor and send me the .PPC file that you are using? (I'm assuming you've saved at least once, and that .PPC file is auto-loading when you start up.) Maybe the error on Snapshot is not coming from recording the new positions, but rather, from when it's trying to clear out the old ones.

Mogobu The Fool
01-19-2006, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to install the .NET Framework - not having it or having too old of a version will generate this error.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. . . I thought MS Windows was supposed to spit out some sort of useful message if the right version was unavailable?!?! We need to get a FAQ or "Common Issues" page going. . .

OrcaDK
01-20-2006, 12:06 AM
I'd suggest you bootstrap the .NET installation in the normal installer. I dunno if the NullSoft installer supports it, if not, i know the MSI installer supports it.

Mogobu The Fool
01-20-2006, 04:02 AM
Thanks. . . I wanted to to keep this app very lightweight and clean; no registry entries, very small download. NullSoft's NSIS lets me just drop a file and keep the package small. (Of course, it would be even smaller without the graphics and the install sound. . .)

I'll see what pre-written scripts are out there to check for .NET Framework versions; I hope not to write one or move to MSI.

OrcaDK
01-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Well you could let the installer download the .NET Framework for ya. In that way you'd have a rather small installer, but still have the ability to automatically install the required framework /images/graemlins/smile.gif MSI is pretty lightweight also, the builtin functions of VS2k5 (not 2k3) works very well.

Mogobu The Fool
01-20-2006, 04:31 PM
OCVega's already got the checks scripted. . . he wrote them but, apparently, they were not used only because my (incorrect) statement that MS ought to give an informative pop-up. He's testing and incorporating them into the installer; we will replace the executable without changing the revision number, since the deployed code is unchanged.

OC Vega
01-20-2006, 08:01 PM
I uploaded the new installer. It does a simple check to see if the .net 2.0 framework is present or not. If no, then it will open a webpage to Microsoft's .net 2.0 Framework download page.

I didn't want to have it automatically start downloading the framework by itself because within this community more than a tiny minority of people would want to know from exactly where this new file was originating from.

The link as always:
PartyPlanner forum at Overcards.com (http://overcards.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)

-vega

Stormwolf
01-22-2006, 06:40 AM
I cant install windows installer so .net setup wont run, I dont have the genuine windows key, is there any way around this?

The President
01-22-2006, 06:50 AM
mogobu,

i resolved the problem and found out what was causing it.

im on a 17" widescreen laptop, and the dpi was set to 120 or whatever, and it was causing partybeta to cause the lobby and tables to initially have extra screen space. this is referenced and its solution given in another thread.

after changing my dpi to 96 and correcting that problem, your program runs properly and everything works.

just a heads up if anyone else experiences similar problems.

appreciate the work on the program. now if party could just get a better waiting list function and make it so i dont have to click the same button 2 or 3 times.

Stormwolf
01-22-2006, 08:25 AM
Btw, is there any way to remove the 'leave' button?miclicking there will be annoying when you have 8 tables open

Mogobu The Fool
01-22-2006, 03:15 PM
If you go to the Wiki page for PartyPlanner, at the bottom you'll find a link to a page about Framework installs. That page has links to the Microsoft download pages where you can directly download the .NET Framkework Redistributables; those shouldn't require any windows keys/registrations.

Mogobu The Fool
01-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Thank you, Mr. President. That's going to have to make it into the "common problems" FAQ when it gets written (sometime prior to 1.0 release).

Mogobu The Fool
01-22-2006, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Btw, is there any way to remove the 'leave' button?miclicking there will be annoying when you have 8 tables open

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the concern, but I'm hesitant to totally remove the functionality.

Originally, that button was next to Show/Hide. Since Lobby, Show, and Hide tend to get more frequently used, I moved the Leave button over next to the Quit button to make it safer.

Also, hitting Leave won't actually close tables if you've got money on the table; it will just bring up Party's "Are you sure you want to leave?" prompt. I know it's a PITA, but it's not a tragedy.

Do you feel strongly about wanting the ability to turn off the button? It's possible; I can add some sort of custom-config page, but I really, really, really want to avoid clutter that isn't really useful for most users. (Design asthetics.)

Tk79
02-14-2006, 02:48 PM
BUMP for anyone who missed this program. I dont think Ive shut it down since it came out.

Thx to mogobu and vega.

Mogobu The Fool
02-16-2006, 06:53 PM
PartyPlanner has been updated for the new PartyGaming software release. You can download it from the PartyPlanner page in the overcards.com Poker Wiki (http://www.overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/PartyPlanner)

Fixes:

Detects new lobbies.
Default lobby size is adjusted to new lobby (delete and re-create lobbies in existing layouts for easy fix)
Fixed an unusual-circumstance swap/flutter bug.
Now tolerates faster refresh intervals, if you care.

This Beta is effectively the 1.0 release candidate; I was waiting on the new Party software to see what needed to be revised.

Tk79 -- thanks for the kudos.

OC Vega
02-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Just to clarify, the latest version (to bring us into compatability with the new Party release) is 0.9.2.3 - so don't be confused that it doesn't say RC 1 in its version information.

-vega

rvg72
02-16-2006, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BUMP for anyone who missed this program. I dont think Ive shut it down since it came out.

Thx to mogobu and vega.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto - great program.

rvg

hauchen
02-16-2006, 08:27 PM
When I try to run PArtyplanner, i get this .NET Framework initialization error that says i need to install .net framework v2.0.50727

Any idea where i can get this?

rvg72
02-16-2006, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I try to run PArtyplanner, i get this .NET Framework initialization error that says i need to install .net framework v2.0.50727

Any idea where i can get this?

[/ QUOTE ]

.NET 2.0 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en)

rvg

PatInTheHat
02-16-2006, 08:46 PM
I sometimes get errors with PartyPlanner with .net errors but it allows me to click continue and ignor the error. Doesn't seem to effect me in any way. Perhaps next time ill post it.

Btw thanks for the quick update, party planner has been great for me so far.

Mogobu The Fool
02-16-2006, 09:13 PM
This latest version also patched a couple of potential sources of .NET errors, so they may go away. (Those particular bugs related to the Hide All/Show All/Close All functionality.)

If you still catch some .NET errors, please post the info over at the PartyPlanner bug reports forum (http://www.overcards.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20).

Mogobu The Fool
02-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Thanks, rvg!

OC Vega
02-19-2006, 06:05 PM
The latest, latest version - 0.9.2.4 fixes a bug which kept PartyPlanner from identifying the PartyPoker lobby in some instances. It also updates lobby detection for Empire Poker.

You know you want it: Overcards.com PartyPlanner Forum (http://overcards.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161)

-vega

OC Vega
02-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Incidentally, whenever you install a newer version, you must initially load up one of your configuration files (which are still intact through the upgrade process) so that the newer version can associate itself with one of them as its default.

Otherwise it will seem to not be working when you run it for the first time. Yes, I agree, that's lame.

-vega

Mogobu The Fool
02-20-2006, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I agree, that's lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blame Microsoft. The last file used with the program is saved as a per-user preference. When you install the new version, you've never used it before, so. . .

Mogobu The Fool
03-02-2006, 12:03 AM
The update puts an end to unintended swaps and flutter. Should be the last release until 1.0, depending on new bug reports.

Link to the release thread. . . (http://overcards.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172)

Link to the Wiki page (with download link). . . (http://overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/PartyPlanner)

nuts
03-02-2006, 07:02 AM
I just wanted to say I really like this program.

Thanks very much, keep up the good work!

akvsaq
03-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Mogobul and Vega. I just wanted to tell you guys how much I appreciate what you've done. This program is truly AWESOME!! I've been dreaming about this kind of program. Thanks for making my dream come true!!!

Oh, and Mogobul... the combination of using THIS PROGRAM and the "Die, MF, Die" under processes seems to be not as much pain in the arse, at least I don't have to resize the damn tables again. This combination seems to be the best work-around until PP fixes the slowness problem. lol

knicknut
03-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the update. I've unfortunaetly lost a bit of money due to flutter in the past few days and was just about to post about it.

Thanks for a great app. (Or at least potential to be great, hopefully this fix will make it a great app for me, too /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Mogobu The Fool
03-02-2006, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the update. I've unfortunaetly lost a bit of money due to flutter in the past few days and was just about to post about it.

Thanks for a great app. (Or at least potential to be great, hopefully this fix will make it a great app for me, too /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

Simply holding down the mouse button always stops the flutter - Planner stops processing while the mouse is down - but that should become moot with this update.

Good luck!

Mogobu The Fool
03-02-2006, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and Mogobu[]... the combination of using THIS PROGRAM and the "Die, MF, Die" under processes seems to be not as much pain in the arse, at least I don't have to resize the damn tables again. This combination seems to be the best work-around until PP fixes the slowness problem. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll probably change how it remembers table positions - right now, it remembers Window's window handles as being in certain slots. After a crash (intentional or otherwise), the re-opened tables have new handles. If, instead, it remembered table names, then the re-opened tables could go into the same slots as before.

I'm also thinking of adding a "PartyCrasher" feature for just such an occasion. . . Might be in Planner, or might be a separate AHK script. It would give a pop-up which asks for your Party account name and password (never save it!). Then, when you hit GO, it would tell Planner to pause processing, crash Party, re-open Party, log in, and give you an "OK" dialog. Hitting OK will start Planner's processing again. This should put your tables back in the inital positions with a minimum of fuss, and a good chance of not even missing a deal.

knicknut
03-02-2006, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and Mogobu[]... the combination of using THIS PROGRAM and the "Die, MF, Die" under processes seems to be not as much pain in the arse, at least I don't have to resize the damn tables again. This combination seems to be the best work-around until PP fixes the slowness problem. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll probably change how it remembers table positions - right now, it remembers Window's window handles as being in certain slots. After a crash (intentional or otherwise), the re-opened tables have new handles. If, instead, it remembered table names, then the re-opened tables could go into the same slots as before.

I'm also thinking of adding a "PartyCrasher" feature for just such an occasion. . . Might be in Planner, or might be a separate AHK script. It would give a pop-up which asks for your Party account name and password (never save it!). Then, when you hit GO, it would tell Planner to pause processing, crash Party, re-open Party, log in, and give you an "OK" dialog. Hitting OK will start Planner's processing again. This should put your tables back in the inital positions with a minimum of fuss, and a good chance of not even missing a deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this didn't work (I read about it on your website). I held my mouse down, I turned Planner off, I even closed planner forcefully (and holding the mouse down in between). THe flutter would continue for another 30sec-1min, or I'd even have to force close party and restart.

EDIT: sorry, hit the wrong quote button

akvsaq
03-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey Mogobul, that "PartyCrasher" option would be so great until PP fixes their buggy software. I just can't believe we have to go to these lengths b/c PP can't fix their program. lol

Mogobu The Fool
03-02-2006, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, this didn't work (I read about it on your website). I held my mouse down, I turned Planner off, I even closed planner forcefully (and holding the mouse down in between). THe flutter would continue for another 30sec-1min, or I'd even have to force close party and restart.

[/ QUOTE ]

!!!!

This is the first I've heard about something like this, here or in the bug reports forum.

PartyPlanner definitely does not run while the mouse is down, provided it can tell that the mouse is down. This was intentionally done to avoid flutter while a table was being moved; otherwise, as you drag a table, the table would keep fluttering between the slot it was in and the mouse position.

If you have software running which prevents Planner from knowing the state of the system, like whether the mouse is down, then Planner won't know to stop trying to read and re-position tables.

I can't conceive of why it would keep fluttering that long. A false swap-back could be triggered, but continuing flutter as you describe only seems to happen when Planner is ordering swaps at an interval that is just slightly less than the amount of time it takes Windows to move the tables; it can't cache a bunch of back-and-forth moves, and I can't picture why it would keep running if it can read the mouse state.

I'm hoping you exposed a (rare) bug in an older version which no longer exists in this one. I multi-table full time and it is very, very stable for me.

jukofyork
03-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Just a quick post to say since the update I have had no problems with "table flutter" and used PartyPlanner nearly all weekend without a single problem.

Working brilliantly, and ty! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Juk /images/graemlins/smile.gif

otter
03-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi, I downloaded the software, but it says that i need to install the latest version of .net framework; version 2. What exactly does that mean and what do I need to do?

OC Vega
03-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Otter,

The .Net Framework is a Microsoft addon for your operating system. Its free to download and install. Here's alink to Microsoft's webpage .net 2.0 Framework install (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en).

There's also a link to it from within our documentation wiki page about PartyPlanner (http://overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/PartyPlanner)

Once you've installed the .Net Framework, you should be able to install and run PartyPlanner and run it.

-vega

knicknut
03-07-2006, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

!!!!

This is the first I've heard about something like this, here or in the bug reports forum.

PartyPlanner definitely does not run while the mouse is down, provided it can tell that the mouse is down. This was intentionally done to avoid flutter while a table was being moved; otherwise, as you drag a table, the table would keep fluttering between the slot it was in and the mouse position.

If you have software running which prevents Planner from knowing the state of the system, like whether the mouse is down, then Planner won't know to stop trying to read and re-position tables.

I can't conceive of why it would keep fluttering that long. A false swap-back could be triggered, but continuing flutter as you describe only seems to happen when Planner is ordering swaps at an interval that is just slightly less than the amount of time it takes Windows to move the tables; it can't cache a bunch of back-and-forth moves, and I can't picture why it would keep running if it can read the mouse state.

I'm hoping you exposed a (rare) bug in an older version which no longer exists in this one. I multi-table full time and it is very, very stable for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was amazed at how long it kept going. It's like it ordered 500 table swaps and wasn't going to stop until they were all completed, regardless of the programs open.

No worries now, though. Since the update it's been perfect--much improved!! (knock on wood)

Thanks!

Mogobu The Fool
03-07-2006, 03:52 AM
Glad it's working better for you.

I think I figured out how the super-flip could happen; it relies on half a swap happening just before the Windows GUI hangs for several seconds. If you're swapping A and B, and windows manages to move table A but not table B just before getting stuck, PartyPlanner would be telling them to switch and switch back every cycle. If you're running at a small interval, that could be ten or more swaps (times two) per second. Now, it's queueing up swaps and you don't see it. When Windows starts moving the windows again, you are seeing previously queued swaps, so hitting the mouse button appears to make no difference. . . and if you let go, processing resumes. . . but since you have many swaps queued up, from before, Planner sees the tables move, assumes you meant to move them, and triggers more swaps. . .

Fortunately, this latest fix addresses that sort of situation as well as all the others. It's all about compensating for the fact that the Windows GUI will sometimes get slow.

aflaba temp
03-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Feature suggestion:

A great feature would be if one could choose so that Party Planner only affectstables that are opened after Party Planner is started.

Mogobu The Fool
03-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Could you explain why you would want that? I don't understand.

d-baggery
03-07-2006, 03:34 PM
I would like it if you could set a place for the statistics window too. Also, this program crashes for me about 5 minutes into a session. Dunno why. I still use it though. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

aflaba temp
03-07-2006, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Could you explain why you would want that? I don't understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, of course.

I like to use Party Planner when I open up tables.

Let's say I'm sitting and playing at 2 tables and I don't think that is enough. I open up 8 tables to check them out.

***With Party Planner
-The lobby doesn't minimize all the time. Sweet.
-I can stack all the tables neatly in a corner of the screen.

An unwanted feture though is that the tables I have open (be it 1, 2 or 3) go to the positions of 1,2 or 3. I want them to stay where they are.

If I have 1 table open when using PartyPlanner I want the other 9 to open in some remote corner of the screen.
If I have 3 tables then I want 7 tables to open there.

Maybe there already is a way to do this?

If not, then at least I would think it was a great feature.

thanks!

OC Vega
03-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Ok, sounds like you don't care when the tables are opened (which is how you phrased it in your first post) - but you would like to have tables that you are obsing to be treated differently from tables that you have seated yourself at? Am I understanding you right?

-vega

Mogobu The Fool
03-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Vega's alluding to an old idea for a feature where you define which slots are for tables being played, and which are just for obs. . . but I think aflaba is also asking for something else. . .

He's also saying that if he has 3 tables open and fires up Planner, he doesn't want them moved.

Right now, a newly found table goes into the first available slot in preference order. I think he'd be happier if they snapped into the CLOSEST slots, instead. . .

I don't run into this, because I always start Planner first (and have never seen it crash on my box).

Tracking which tables are open before Planner starts just to "ignore" them kinda goes against the grain -- would you be satisfied if, on startup, Planner put those tables into the closest slots? Presumably, the slot layout for Planner would be very similar to where you're putting those tables in the first place.

Mogobu The Fool
03-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Good idea. We've also heard call for a pop-up grabber that could either close them or move them to a harmless area (off of your tables.) Personally, I'm itching to kill the "you should use auto-post option" pop-up, since it gets in the way of hitting the auto-post option.

Mogobu The Fool
03-07-2006, 08:08 PM
You gotta post the crash info at the support forum. I have had ZERO reports of bugs there since the latest version; until this post, I had no reason to think there was anyone having problems.

SamIAm
03-07-2006, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I'm itching to kill the "you should use auto-post option" pop-up

[/ QUOTE ]We need to decide which app is gonna kill the annoying pop-ups, and use that. I originally thought that MTH should, but I haven't heard from him in a long time. Then AutoResizer came out. Then PartyPlanner. Now TableNavigator is talking about dealing with dialogues. It's getting a little silly. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

What language are PartyPlanner and AutoResizer written in? Is there any change of a PartyAutoResizerPlanner? Or AutoPartyPlannerResizer?
-Sam

aflaba temp
03-07-2006, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, sounds like you don't care when the tables are opened (which is how you phrased it in your first post) - but you would like to have tables that you are obsing to be treated differently from tables that you have seated yourself at? Am I understanding you right?

-vega

[/ QUOTE ]

I open Party Planner (or press "green") only when I'm about to open tables for observation. So I was refering to when. But what you are saying would be even better. Great idea man!

aflaba temp
03-08-2006, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like it if you could set a place for the statistics window too. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be sweet. And always on top option if that is easy to make.

Adde
03-08-2006, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would like it if you could set a place for the statistics window too. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be sweet. And always on top option if that is easy to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

In early versions of Partypoker, the stats window would get "frozen" after some time when keeping it open. Don't know if that still is the case.

Adde

Mogobu The Fool
03-08-2006, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]We need to decide which app is gonna kill the annoying pop-ups, and use that. I originally thought that MTH should, but I haven't heard from him in a long time. Then AutoResizer came out. Then PartyPlanner. Now TableNavigator is talking about dealing with dialogues. It's getting a little silly. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

What language are PartyPlanner and AutoResizer written in? Is there any change of a PartyAutoResizerPlanner? Or AutoPartyPlannerResizer?
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

AutoResizer is in C, and Juk has shared the source with me. We intend to put most of those features into PartyPlanner, which is in C#. (Since Planner will always be free, Juk is cool with the idea.)

I've been holding off only because:
a. January was my worst month ever, so I've been recovering and need to play.
b. Been anally trying to make PP 1.0 as bug-free as possible before starting to add features. I've reached "dimished returns" level by now, so I'm pushing to 1.0 and will start adding features.

jukofyork
03-08-2006, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

AutoResizer is in C, and Juk has shared the source with me. We intend to put most of those features into PartyPlanner, which is in C#. (Since Planner will always be free, Juk is cool with the idea.)

I've been holding off only because:
a. January was my worst month ever, so I've been recovering and need to play.
b. Been anally trying to make PP 1.0 as bug-free as possible before starting to add features. I've reached "dimished returns" level by now, so I'm pushing to 1.0 and will start adding features.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we discussed this quite a bit already, and I think its a very good idea to move the AutoResizer features into PartyPlanner for the long term.

I think we both have different skill-sets when it comes to coding, and this should mean we can tackle the problems from our two different backgrounds, hopefully producing a single utility much quicker (and hopefully better) than we could on our own. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Juk /images/graemlins/smile.gif

05-22-2006, 08:44 AM
I love the program!
Just one problem:
I usually 4-table and put these tables in the spots 1-4. I specified 10 slots overall.
Now often when I maximize one of the other tables from the taskbar, it automatically swaps it with my table on spot 1 and I dunno why and how to stop it.

inferno
05-22-2006, 10:07 AM
I would like to ask if there is a option to show the party planner always on top, or to bind a key to hide/show all the tables.

It would be very handy for me since mine mom doesnt want me to play poker ill just pres the hide button and there all gone /images/graemlins/smile.gif and wont pop up, thx

05-23-2006, 03:54 AM
Another question: I want to create a second config but when I open Partyplanner the first config always readjusts my tables immediately so I cant take a snapshot. And when I just change the positions of the "red slot windows", I got an error when the program tried to adjust the tables.
How do I do it properly?

Mogobu The Fool
05-24-2006, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another question: I want to create a second config but when I open Partyplanner the first config always readjusts my tables immediately so I cant take a snapshot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fire up Planner first (no Party running), go into Config mode, and hit SnapShot. You'll have a blank configuration. Then fire up Party and set up your new setup; hit SnapShot and you should be all set. Save the new configuration under a new name.

Planner will always load whatever config you were using last.

[ QUOTE ]
when I just change the positions of the "red slot windows", I got an error when the program tried to adjust the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid I don't understand what exactly you're saying is happening here.

Fabian
05-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Edit: I'm an idiot moron, never mind me. Great program, thanks.

05-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks! I did it again and it worked perfectly. love this

syphlix
08-30-2006, 11:10 PM
mogobu - any way to get partyplanner to work on multiple monitors?

jjigglers
08-30-2006, 11:16 PM
it does..

Mogobu The Fool
08-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah, it should work on any monitor to which you can move a window.

syphlix
08-31-2006, 12:06 AM
you know what... i'm an idiot... so sorry /images/graemlins/frown.gif... great program btw :P

goodguy_1
08-31-2006, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it should work on any monitor to which you can move a window

[/ QUOTE ]
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif PartyPlanner-man it has made things so much easier -only really started using it regularly in the last month...

shandyboy
09-01-2006, 04:43 AM
I LOVE this.

Thanks heaps.

1C5
10-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Having a problem with this lately.

I can only add 5 tables, the 6th one I try to add always causes the program to crash and the error message says: Not enough storage is available to process this command.

No idea the problem or how I can fix it?