PDA

View Full Version : Apple OSX Clients - Full Tilt

*TT*
12-29-2005, 06:42 PM
All you Mac people, Full Tilt and Pacific Poker now have downloadable clients available. Also sites such as Eurobet and Pokerroom.com have java clients that work in a browser.

Now that OSX is ready for prime time in the poker world, what tools are available for this platform? Anything that is equivelent to Pokertracker & PokerAce?

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

send_the_msg
12-29-2005, 10:56 PM
http://www.openendsoftware.com/products.html

this is like pokertracker, i haven't used it though. i don't know about any mac versions of PAHUD-like programs, but i emailed the maker of the above program and asked. has anyone used macpoker pro and have a review for us? thanks

send_the_msg
12-31-2005, 12:24 AM
bump

anyone used macpoker pro?

pokermac
01-01-2006, 09:33 AM
yep,

MPP rocks - Open End has done a great job and keeps improving it.

Full review at www.poker-mac.com (http://www.poker-mac.com)

burningyen
01-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Has anyone had success running PokerTracker in Auto-Rate mode in VirtualPC while playing a Mac client like FullTilt or Pokerroom? Do either of those clients save hand histories to your hard drive?

send_the_msg
01-04-2006, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone had success running PokerTracker in Auto-Rate mode in VirtualPC while playing a Mac client like FullTilt or Pokerroom? Do either of those clients save hand histories to your hard drive?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have poked around the full tilt mac client (app contents), and i haven't found any hh stuff so i'm guessing they dont' have it. i'd imagine future version will though.

burningyen
01-05-2006, 01:45 AM
Dang, I just checked out the FT Mac client page. I use OS 10.2.8, so I guess I'm SOL.

send_the_msg
01-05-2006, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dang, I just checked out the FT Mac client page. I use OS 10.2.8, so I guess I'm SOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably time for an upgrade.

pokermac
01-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Tiger rules - definitely time to upgrade...Why not buy a quadcore G5 with dual 30"monitors while you're at it???

send_the_msg
01-05-2006, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tiger rules - definitely time to upgrade...Why not buy a quadcore G5 with dual 30"monitors while you're at it???

[/ QUOTE ]

<weird homer drool>

burningyen
01-06-2006, 02:32 AM
Sadly, if I buy another machine, it's going to be a Wintel. Let's face it, until Macs can handle real-time auto-rating for the biggest sites, Macs will be -EV for poker. If I'm not mistaken, even a quadcore G5 isn't capable of making that a reality yet.

RiverFenix
01-06-2006, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sadly, if I buy another machine, it's going to be a Wintel. Let's face it, until Macs can handle real-time auto-rating for the biggest sites, Macs will be -EV for poker. If I'm not mistaken, even a quadcore G5 isn't capable of making that a reality yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah its the computers fault not the sites that dont develop software for them...

sommes
01-06-2006, 03:09 PM
I have hand history with the fulltilt mac client. You have to turn it on under the options menu. Then it saved my hand history in /Applications/HandHistory. That isn't a very good spot for the hand history but it will do.

Does anyone know where we can send feedback to fulltilt about the Mac client?

Fulltilt on the Mac is great. FullTilt is now my home site.

Dan

send_the_msg
01-06-2006, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have hand history with the fulltilt mac client. You have to turn it on under the options menu. Then it saved my hand history in /Applications/HandHistory. That isn't a very good spot for the hand history but it will do.

Does anyone know where we can send feedback to fulltilt about the Mac client?

Fulltilt on the Mac is great. FullTilt is now my home site.

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

good find, i can't believe i missed that. you can change the folder it saves the hh files to.

Ignignokt
01-07-2006, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Virtual PC with my dual G5, and any decently written poker software runs great (i.e., Party, Stars, UB - not Absolute, Paradise, or Crypto). Only issue is PAHUD's new copy protection, which renders it useless on VPC.

In any case, the Intel Macs are coming out soon, and the word is they'll also run Windows natively, for the best of both worlds.

burningyen
01-08-2006, 03:20 AM
Yeah, I play on Party, UB and Stars without any issues. I've just about given up on Absolute and Bodog and never even bothered to deposit on Paradise after a few tests. I can't run Pokertracker in auto-rate mode while playing on my 1Ghz/1GB Powerbook G4. I'm looking forward to the Intel Macs.

posnera
01-10-2006, 12:07 AM
Has anyone played any omaha8 on Full Tilt? Are there enough games, usual loose play, etc?

I can't deal with Virtual PC anymore and I need to switch sites.

Does FT run better than pokerroom? - I'm on an iBook G4

Adam

posnera
01-10-2006, 12:09 AM
Oh, and the new Intel Macs will not run windows applications natively. It should be possible to boot windows on the chip, but not to run windows apps from the mac OS. Basically, you would need to boot your mac as a windows PC. At least that's what I've heard.

Adam

thirteen
01-10-2006, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All you Mac people, Full Tilt and Pacific Poker now have downloadable clients available. Also sites such as Eurobet and Pokerroom.com have java clients that work in a browser.

Now that OSX is ready for prime time in the poker world, what tools are available for this platform? Anything that is equivelent to Pokertracker & PokerAce?

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't find the download client for pacific poker, do you have a link? Their browser based java applet sucks. It's what drove me away from that site.

I haven't tried fulltilt yet, but now that they have a native mac client I just may.

I prefer pokertracker to MacPokerPro. I've been using VPC running interpoker and pokertracker (with auto-rate turned off) while using GT+ and it works ok for a single table. The pokerroom software sucks with VPC, you're better off with the java client, but you can't turn off those damn avatars (only in the PC client).

For those of you using the Mac FullTilt client, can you take the hand histories from the folder and import them into PokerTracker? Also, I didn't see a mac download link on their site, do you have to contact them for the mac client?

Buzz-cp
01-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Are mac people more fishy? This is good news if so.

thirteen
01-10-2006, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are mac people more fishy? This is good news if so.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're total donks. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

thirteen
01-11-2006, 12:50 PM
I found the link to the Full Tilt Mac client beta.

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/bonusMacBeta.php

Can anyone confirm if the mac hand histories can be imported into pokertracker (I run PT in Virtual PC)

Also, can someone point me to the Pacific Poker download client mentioned in the original post?