PDA

View Full Version : OT: Don't make me leave.

A_Junglen
05-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Last week of high school for one of the younger mtt regulars.

I'd pretty much give my left leg not to leave (ok maybe not..close).

I won't be able to brag about being in HS anymore /images/graemlins/frown.gif

That is all,

Adam

Josey_Wales
05-22-2006, 11:08 PM
I rilly mess hi sckool. Wisch I culd go bak. Owlwaz feal lik I mizzed sumthing.

--The Outlaw

Matador225
05-22-2006, 11:09 PM
I still have almost another month. Its going to feel pretty weird...

golfinguy5
05-22-2006, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I still have almost another month of doing nothing in HS . Its going to feel pretty weird...

[/ QUOTE ]

Matador225
05-22-2006, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still have almost another month of doing nothing in HS . Its going to feel pretty weird...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty much how its been for the last few months. Now I need to buckle down and work on my senior speech.

DemonDeac
05-22-2006, 11:22 PM
are you frickin' serious?!?!

college is 10x better

NoahSD
05-22-2006, 11:23 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif that sucks man. High school rocked... especially senior year.

Cky3
05-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Yeah my last few days in high school too. Where you going to college?

Matador225
05-22-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm going to The College of New Jersey. A lot of my friends are headed there so the next 4 years should be awesome.

THEOSU
05-22-2006, 11:30 PM
I hated high school. Looking back, the only thing I miss about it is soccer.

A_Junglen
05-22-2006, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a major problem for me. Government took away my grant (they told me they just cannot afford it), so I'm kinda stuck. I can cover tuition myself, but unless I live on campus I lack motivation to goto class...so I'd just be throwin away money.

If I don't goto college, health insurance is no longer free.

Health insurance is important for guys like me.

I need to figure out what i'm doing. I may take online classes.

Ansky
05-22-2006, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked high school, and I really miss soccer.

NoahSD
05-22-2006, 11:37 PM
GO TO SCHOOL

Ansky
05-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Go to college and bang kinky bitches who like guys with less limbs than them.

dmk
05-22-2006, 11:38 PM
i really hated highschool. but it was still necessary - i.e. i'd still do it again voluntarily

adam,

at the very least, go to community college for a semester or year. don't take a break. 90% of the ppl that take "a year off" don't ever go. college is important, do it.

gdsdiscgolfer
05-22-2006, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still have almost another month and a year of doing nothing in HS . Its going to feel pretty weird...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10K-in-Clay
05-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Go to college and give chicks the SHOCKER.

funkymunky
05-22-2006, 11:41 PM
I hated high school.

And girls weren't as good looking as they are nowadays.

Cky3
05-22-2006, 11:43 PM
I got a buddy going to Seton Hall. I think thats in Jersey. Im not too far in CT

Dave D
05-22-2006, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a major problem for me. Government took away my grant (they told me they just cannot afford it), so I'm kinda stuck. I can cover tuition myself, but unless I live on campus I lack motivation to goto class...so I'd just be throwin away money.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're gonna spend money on skool, please dear god don't waste it on online classes.

A_Junglen
05-22-2006, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're gonna spend money on skool, please dear god don't waste it on online classes.

[/ QUOTE ]

How come?

It's a pain in the ass for me to walk a ton, and I'm pretty sure I can get the classes paid for.

Bob Bryant
05-23-2006, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I may take online classes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't. Trust me. If you lack the motivation to go to real classes, you will REALLY lack the motivation to do online coursework. After all, instead of writing that 10 page paper about a topic you could really give a damn about, you could be winning money.

I know it sounds easier -- I fell into that trap and am now regretting it.

johnnybeef
05-23-2006, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GO AWAY TO COLLEGE!!!!! I don't care how big of a dork you are, you will get laid. Plus, class is where all the hot chicks are.

yvesaint
05-23-2006, 12:16 AM
high school was sweet but college is 1000x better

Chrisman886
05-23-2006, 12:28 AM
Junglen, we talked a bit about you getting out of HS and questioning college at TS. I really think you should at least try it out. I also agree that you should live on campus. When I was going to college I thought I should stay at my parents' house and just commute, but as I look back on it, living on campus was the best decision I could have made. I would suggest the same for you despite any apprehensions you may have.

College isn't all about school. In fact, in my opinion, I would say less than 50% of college is about school. I learned a great deal about myself while in college. That is the most important thing (as cheezy as it may sound). You're exposed to so many different things that you may inadvertantly find something you enjoy doing that you had no idea about before.

So, I would highly suggest trying out college for at least a year. Don't be apathetic about it though, really try to keep an open mind.

Just my 2¢

Dave D
05-23-2006, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How come?

It's a pain in the ass for me to walk a ton, and I'm pretty sure I can get the classes paid for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I did say if you're gonna spend money. Seriously though, college is more than just learning things, its about human interaction etc that you really can't get anywhere else, except maybe the army or something.

0evg0
05-23-2006, 01:53 AM
WTF? I don't know whether I'm more surprised that people actually like High School or that there are people who don't want to go to college.

I graduated on Friday and am happy as [censored].

A_Junglen
05-23-2006, 02:36 AM
I like HS primarily cause of the security. As long as I'm a student I have free healthcare.

I should just move to Canada/England..

The social experience would be kind of cool, but I said b4 I would have to go into debt to live on campus. Frankly I don't believe it's worth it. I'm not that big of a social person, not to say I don't have social skills...I just don't really like people that much (for those that met me, it probably makes more sense)

I think I could be motivated to do my work if I took online classes, because I need them to receieve free health insurance.

Bleh the whole situation sucks.

Caldarooni
05-23-2006, 02:44 AM
For some of the reasons you stated, I really think you should give college a whirl.

lastsamurai
05-23-2006, 02:51 AM
High School sucks...I didnt know what to do with girls until i got to college.

If you think your life sucks wait until you go into the real world when you dont have spring/summer breaks. If you're still not sure what to do go to a JC for 2 years...I know you will have hella more time to play poker while getting a 3.0 GPA w/o even trying.

TaintedRogue
05-23-2006, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Last week of high school for one of the younger mtt regulars.

I'd pretty much give my left leg not to leave (ok maybe not..close).

I won't be able to brag about being in HS anymore /images/graemlins/frown.gif

That is all,

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

I graduated in 1972........converted to Budhism.........
they believe in reincarnation.............really looking forward to coming back..........and puttin the wood to teenage chicks again. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DLizzle
05-23-2006, 03:37 AM
go to college and don't go to class and play poker all day. Study for exams. that's what I do, and it works very well. classes suck.

0evg0
05-23-2006, 03:49 AM
Okay, I don't really know your situation and I don't want to pry.

I guess, in rare cases, college is not for everyone. I guess.

Gert505
05-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Junglen,
I remember seeing a post that you live in Ohio. So give Kent State a shot. It is a big campus, but they have a bus system for people that can't get around that easy. You can meet people there that you will get along with and fit in with, even if you consider yourself not that social. Just live in the dorms for a least one year. That is where you will meet everyone. Don't commute to school.

Plus you can get grants or scholarships to pay for school. If not, you have a few thousand in debt. You can make that up in a few days of online play.

Also, check you PMs.

05-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Dude, college will make high school seem like nursery school.

A_Junglen
05-23-2006, 09:17 AM
I'm not at all concerned about the difficulty of college. I honestly just don't see the point. I've already gotten a computer network cert, interned at Alltel Data Center, decided it wasn't for me, and am now pretty discouraged to pursue any career.

I literally have no interests, and I don't really know what to do. College just seems like a waste at the moment, and the only motivation I have to go is so I still get health insurance....but even so I only get that until I'm 23 (if im in school).

05-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Jung -

I think you missed my point.

If you miss college, you miss the three B's:

Boobs.
Beer.
Booty.

I don't care if you already worked as the head of the NSA. You go to college because it's an amazing experience that will never present itself again.

Gert505
05-23-2006, 09:31 AM
College is not about school work. (Ok it is a little, but not as much as you would think.) College is about having fun, finding yourself, meeting people, getting laid, and buying yourself time to figure out what career you want to start your life with. It will not be the same one that you retire with, so don't think that you have to figure out what you want to do with your life by the end of college/high school.

kleath
05-23-2006, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked high school, and I really miss soccer.

[/ QUOTE ]

So does A_Junglen?

05-23-2006, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone ever see Boxing Helena (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106471/)?

snelgrave
05-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Med School > College >>>>>>>> HS

AceLuby
05-23-2006, 10:21 AM
High School is fun, but college is where it is at. Go away, and have a good time. During peak times I would spend about 60 hrs a week (including class time) on school. But that was when I had 3 papers due and 3 finals in the same week. Most of the time you spend less than 20. GO TO SCHOOL, SOMEWHERE AWAY FROM YOUR FRIENDS. Make new ones. Get a girl, or a few. The things you will miss about HS go away very quickly. Experiment. If you think your senior year in HS was awesome, wait until college Sr. year when you can go to a bar. Anything you did in HS you can do at college, and then some. Don't take a year off, you'll hump a crappy job until you realize you're 35 and need to go to school. Don't take online classes, the best part of going to class is the hot girls that are there and meeting people that are in your class. Get to be friends with some of your Profs, they are pretty cool and they liked college so much that they didn't want to leave. College is our parents HS, if you don't go it is nearly the same as them dropping out of HS. Unless you are doing some kind of construction you need to get your degree. A degree gets you interviews, then it is up to you. Only my $.02, take it w/ a grain of salt, but if you don't go you are missing the best years of school.

dankhank
05-23-2006, 11:06 AM
you're young and have all the time in the world. college can be a ton of fun. you owe it to yourself to try it out. however if financialy it doesn't make sense to go next year, maybe it is okay to wait a couple years until you can afford it. but you should take steps so you can afford college someday, because it is an experience not to be missed.

NHFunkii
05-23-2006, 01:48 PM
while a lot of people here are emphasizing the 'get drunk and get laid' aspect of college, that's really not for everyone. However, I think college really is for everyone - if you go to a big enough school you WILL find people to hang out with, and the independence is quite simply amazing regardless of what you do with it.

0evg0
05-23-2006, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
while a lot of people here are emphasizing the 'get drunk and get laid' aspect of college, that's really not for everyone. However, I think college really is for everyone - if you go to a big enough school you WILL find people to hang out with, and the independence is quite simply amazing regardless of what you do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA YA RITE LLOZER!!

NHFunkii
05-23-2006, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok obviously college is NOT for everyone, but I DO think that everyone who is at all able should give it a shot.

THEOSU
05-23-2006, 03:39 PM
I'd like to point out that if you're not ready for college, don't waste money on it now. Take some time off, first. Six months, a year, whatever. Go when you're ready.

Ansky
05-23-2006, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

btw I wasn't joking.

lastsamurai
05-23-2006, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Junglen,
I remember seeing a post that you live in Ohio. So give Kent State a SHOT .

[/ QUOTE ]

ok...bad joke

A_Junglen
05-23-2006, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

btw I wasn't joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know...exit's told me something along the lines of "[censored] her in all kinds of crazy one legged ways" in a somewhat recent conversation.

thedustbustr
05-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Adam,

If you don't go to college, what are you going to do with your life? I know you don't have it figured out yet, but start thinking about it, now.

However, what is even more relevant to you, is making sure you always have health insurance. If you get a degree, you will have a much greater opportunity to find a well-paying, steady job, that includes health insurance.

I have no idea what your poker situation is, but in your life situation, I wouldn't ever want to count on poker to support you, unless you are playing nosebleed limits with a massive roll (you obviously aren't). I certainly wouldn't count on winning an MTT every year.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

Dustin

Sifmole
05-24-2006, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to The College of New Jersey. A lot of my friends are headed there so the next 4 years should be awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm an alumnus... well I went to Trenton State College but they occupy the same chunk of earth. What are you studying there?