PDA

View Full Version : Standard fold?

dsaxton
01-14-2006, 03:05 PM
I've been playing a lot of NL Holdem, so It's been a while since I've played Stud and I'm probably rusty.

This guy seemed to be playing pretty tight. I hadn't seen him play many hands at all. On 5th street when I check-raised, he paused for about 10 seconds before calling, which lead me to believe he didn't have a four-flush, since I'd expect him to call fairly quickly if he did. I think his pause suggests a legitimate split pair of queens.

Anyways, is this fold standard?

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___folds
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds

4th Street - (3.10 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

5th Street - (2.55 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___calls
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___raises

6th Street - (6.55 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

Total pot: (6.55 BB)

The Worm
01-14-2006, 03:20 PM
The paired door card is the scariest thing to me in 7 card. I'd say it all depends on the player. Is it someone that raises only pairs, or someone that raises the come with a 3 flusher? Also, it was an unraised pot, and the queen is the high card, so they might be betting a smaller pocket pair. Even tho there are no other queens showing, I'd still call it down. You beat any 2 pair they could have unless its pocket aces, and you arent drawing entirely dead, although pretty close.

BTirish
01-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Good fold. If he's a tight player he would have taken a free card on 5th with the 4-flush. The only likely hand besides the split Q's is buried aces. I don't think he calls on 5th with buried J's.

Andy B
01-14-2006, 04:46 PM
With the small ante, a dead Nine, and three live over-cards to your pair, third street is a fold. I like the check-raise on fifth. I think sixth is a call. It will cost you two big bets to call this down, and you will gain more than eight big bets if you win. You only need to win a little less than 20% of the time for this to be break-even. Between the fact that the other guy could have started with something like JJ or TT (or less) in the hole, and the fact that you've got at least two and probably three outs if he does have a Queen down, I think it's worth looking him up.

CallYNotRaise06
01-14-2006, 07:33 PM
i fold on 3rd street