PDA

View Full Version : SnG Comeback For The Ages, Two Gaping A-Holes Get What They Deserve

slcseas
05-22-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm stoked for my first brag, it's a little long but worth it IMO.

Background: Paradise $50 NL SnG. For starters, I play a "Kill Phil" style in these and it works very very well with Paradise's ridiculous blind structure in SnGs. There are two gargantuan asses playing table coach and mouthing off to people who haven't put a single letter in the chat box. For most of the game, they are #1 and #2 in chips.

I fold every single hand for the first 3.5 levels. Blinds are now 30/60 with 2 players eliminated and I pick up QQ UTG. I raise to 240, and am content to pick up the blinds as I make most of my moves at the 50/100 level. I get a call from a player in MP (A-Hole #1) and from the BB. Flop comes KQJ rainbow. BB bets half pot. I move all in without hesitation knowing AK or KJ will call. Both players call and A-Hole #1 turns A 10 for the nuts. I win a 20O side pot from BB who had KJ. This guy starts preaching to me about how going in with a set is stupid since a straight is going to call. A-Hole #2 chimes in his two cents saying rookies always overplay PP's. Following Caro 101, I don't tell these guys I know more about poker than they ever will, and wouldn't even bother explaining blind structures, M's, and EV to justify my move. I simply keep my mouth shut and looked whipped.

Next hand I catch AQs in the BB. A-Hole #1 was the only player in the pot. I have no choice but to move in. He calls with 96 thinking I'm on tilt. Hand holds up, 400 in chips.

I fold my next 4 hands, hoping for an A,K, or suited connectors to move in again. A short stacked player 3 to my left moves in, and A-Hole #2 moves all in to isolate him. I wake up with AA and call. They hold up, 1400 in chips. Now I'm hearing how lucky I am and A-Hole #2 professed he hated me and said I lingered like a fart in a space suit. I still say nothing, but I'm grinning ear to ear. By now the other players at the table openly root for me to take them down.

The blinds escalate to 50/100 and the game turns into a rock garden as expected. I raise 4XBB 3 straight hands and get no action. 4th hand I get JJ and make my standard raise, hoping somebody has caught on and will move over the top. Bingo! A9 moves all in and my JJ win. I'm now the chip leader, and still silent.

On to the bubble. I have 3400, A-Hole #1 has about 3200, A-Hole #2 about 1600 and a clinger on remains directly to my left. I fold every blind to him to keep him alive, as the A-Holes continue to muck to get into the cash. A-Hole #2 gets blinded away and goes off on me for helping out the other guy. I simply say, "Thanks for the tips coach, my game will really improve from your teachings". They player to my left LOL, and thanks me for getting him into the cash.

After the clinger on gets taken down by A-Hole #1, it's time to get serious. We are 5100 to 4900 in chips. I played maybe the best heads up game I've ever had. After a couple flops I let him take down, I move in off the button with Q 10s. He calls with A5. After I pair my Q he asks "you moved in with that?" I sheepishly reply "Every Time". He replies "that easy money for me then". I have about a 2-1 advantage now and have smooth called 2 or 3 hands. He steals a page from my book and moves in 3 hands in row. I muck all 3. I pick up AK and smooth call again. He moves in and BAM! Game over. I finally speak up, and ask him how it felt to get outplayed by a sucker, and called him a mouthy motherf***er when he left with his tail between his legs, silently I might add. Thanks for reading. Comments Welcome.

Five-Star
05-22-2006, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On to the bubble. I have 3400, A-Hole #1 has about 3200, A-Hole #2 about 1600 and a clinger on remains directly to my left. I fold every blind to him to keep him alive, as the A-Holes continue to muck to get into the cash. A-Hole #2 gets blinded away and goes off on me for helping out the other guy. I simply say, "Thanks for the tips coach, my game will really improve from your teachings". They player to my left LOL, and thanks me for getting him into the cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious, good job. I need to buy "Kill Phil", maybe I'll pick it up today.

slcseas
05-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Great book. They repeatedly mention it's for amateur play but if you are already pretty decent, it adds another huge dimension to your when you want to change gears. Phil Gordon swears by it for SnG's. Thanks for the kudos.