PDA

View Full Version : If you came in 2nd in the WSOP main event....

ORT-Inquisitor
12-29-2005, 03:44 PM
...would you consider it winning $5 million or losing $2.5 million? Would it depend on your stack size or would that not make a difference to you either way?

DalaiLama
12-29-2005, 04:03 PM
I would consider my ass lucky and go drink mechiladas and lime daquiris on a mexican beach for the next six months. hth

Songwind
12-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Definitely winning $5 Million. Well, 4,990,000. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Aceshigh7
12-29-2005, 04:31 PM
I'd consider myself stupid for not focusing and pushing in with a less than great hand because I was "tired and bored".

See: Steve "Donk" Dannemman

discoboomer
12-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Id consider it winning the government 3 million.

ScottieK
12-29-2005, 04:55 PM
The $2.5MM wasn't mine to lose. Why get all bent out of shape over winning second? It's party time.

ScottieK

A_Junglen
12-29-2005, 05:08 PM
I'd be incredibly disapointed and go over every hand heads up.

scenario A: I find there's nothing I would've done differently.

result: Content with result, reasonable happiness.

scenario B: There's a few small errors.

result: Sullen, content.

scenario C: You [censored] up.

result: Go into a deep deep depression for one month, then realize the luck involved and that there's nothing you can do now. Incredibly depressed, followed by happiness.

Never consider it 2.5mil lost, that's retarded. Money isn't in your pocket til it's in your pocket.

solucky
12-29-2005, 06:05 PM
with my skill i smile and think wow the WSOP is rigged too /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

darkcore
12-29-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The $2.5MM wasn't mine to lose. Why get all bent out of shape over winning second? It's party time.
ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

AvivaSimplex
12-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Depends on how I lost. If I got all in with AA vs. KK and got sucked out on, I'm perfectly happy. I would have had a long string of great luck capped with some bad luck.

Actually, even if I got outplayed, I'd still be happy. 2nd out of several thousand is still quite good.

cnfuzzd
12-29-2005, 08:58 PM
as soon as it got heads up, i would start pounding double bourbons like i was a rich man. which i would be. After the second mil, its really all academic. Hopefully i would be so abolutely sloshed that i wouldnt be allowed to speak on camera.

peace

john nickle

johnnybeef
12-29-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as soon as it got heads up, i would start pounding double bourbons like i was a rich man. which i would be. After the second mil, its really all academic. Hopefully i would be so abolutely sloshed that i wouldnt be allowed to speak on camera.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one here that thinks that this would make some great TV?

AlanBostick
12-29-2005, 10:42 PM
If I came in second in the WSOP, what would sting the most would be missing out on those lucrative endorsement contracts.

DCWildcat
12-30-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Id consider it winning the government 3 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

and then i'd remind myself how much luck was involved, before grossly indulging in my money to buy some blondes

HSB
12-30-2005, 10:41 AM
It would depend.

If I played heads up foolishly I'd be annoyed.

If I played it well and just got beat by either luck or someone playing better, well, it happens.

Either way I would be able to get over it by rolling around naked in a pit of a million dollar bills.

rwanger
12-30-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Either way I would be able to get over it by rolling around naked in a pit of a million dollar bills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly this conjures up the mental image of some naked hairy guy in an near-empty room, "covered" by 5 small pieces of green paper.

starvin-garvin
01-01-2006, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one here that thinks that this would make some great TV?

[/ QUOTE ]
nope.

I think someone should start a drunken poker tour. your blood alcohol has to be a certain relation to your chip stack.