PDA

View Full Version : Open-Ended three-to-the-straight on Third Street

NYCNative
01-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Worthless unless the three include paint? Or worthless even then? Does backdoor flush potential make it any less worthless os is that crazy talk?

BTirish
01-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Having a two-flush does make a difference, so long as the suit is live. If you're just starting out playing the game, you might pass on low 3-straights. I am willing to play them when the straight and pair cards are very live and when my position and the other upcards/players on 3rd make me relatively confident that I'll be able to get in cheap.

Experience in the game will help to make those kinds of judgment calls on 3rd and to know when to peel and when not to on the following streets.

BeerMoney
01-14-2006, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Having a two-flush does make a difference, so long as the suit is live. If you're just starting out playing the game, you might pass on low 3-straights. I am willing to play them when the straight and pair cards are very live and when my position and the other upcards/players on 3rd make me relatively confident that I'll be able to get in cheap.

Experience in the game will help to make those kinds of judgment calls on 3rd and to know when to peel and when not to on the following streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice post.

I'd like to add that you should be more willing to sneak in with these in 3/6 and lower on party due to the larger antes.