PDA

View Full Version : What do we want to see here in June?

Jurollo
05-19-2006, 05:21 PM
I feel refreshed after finally getting monkey off my back and winning a damn tournament. What do we feel like seeing for a contest for June? I know I will be home without much to do so I will probably be playing an unhealthy amount before making the big move out west. So what are we thinking?
~Justin

CybrPunk
05-19-2006, 05:27 PM
You mean other than the thread to congratulate Team Hammertime for winning the prior months' competition?

How about running with the WSOP 'warm-up' that was discussed previously with various qualifiers to a larger event?

A_Junglen
05-19-2006, 05:29 PM
For godsakes, nothing.

bestcellar
05-19-2006, 05:40 PM
I cannot handle anything else...I need to retool my game and play less and work on some things. My play is really suffering because of this contest.

Plus, there's still a bit of a bad taste in my mouth from being on a non-team this month, although I'm sure it's probably an isolated incident/bad luck.

Jurollo
05-19-2006, 05:43 PM
I dont mean some god for saken contest like this, but like single tournies and such.
~Justin

bestcellar
05-19-2006, 05:49 PM
oh ok. that's cool...I would like to recommend doing a mixed games 2+2 private tourney...something like SOHO with Stud Eight, Omaha, Hold Em, Omaha 8.

Caldarooni
05-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Meet Caldarooni freeroll?

mlagoo
05-19-2006, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oh ok. that's cool...I would like to recommend doing a mixed games 2+2 private tourney...something like SOHO with Stud Eight, Omaha, Hold Em, Omaha 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I would really like some mixed game tourney fun.

just something light, <$100 buyins, so that everyone can sort of donk it up and have fun. won't be too hard to organize.

NHFunkii
05-19-2006, 05:57 PM
wait, so you're not quitting poker and/or being a mod?

and you're not 'never playing on pokerstars again'?

DRAMA QUEEN

Jurollo
05-19-2006, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you would have to add some serious money to get people to actually play in it.
~Justin

A_Junglen
05-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Pretty sure a "win a weekend with Adam" freeroll would be much better.

Caldarooni
05-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Who the hell is Adam?

odellthurman
05-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Instead of a challenge that requires massive amounts of play, how about a challenge where you pick certain tournaments that count towards the point total?

Here is what I'm thinking - You have a draft just like you did in the May challenge. You could also have categories like A, B, and C. But, instead of allowing play in any number of tournaments, you designate only certain tournaments as included in the challenge. Example - For A's you could include the 3R and some 5's and 10's. For B's you could include the 5R, 20R, 55K, some 20's, 30's, and 50's. For C's you could include the 100R, the Super, and the 1 million guaranteed.

This is sketchy, and it has some negatives, but it's an idea.

Thanks Jurollo for your extraordinary efforts on this forum and these events.

Fredrik
05-19-2006, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have a draft just like you did in the May challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, please don't.

a) It excludes alot of people -> less fun / more complaints.
b) Some people will not care after being drafted and don't play anything at all; shafting the other team members.

NoahSD
05-19-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm probably in the minority, but I'd like a big low stakes event.

Foucault
05-19-2006, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably in the minority, but I'd like a big low stakes event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this should happen. A lot of people felt left out this month, and some mid-stakes players might play, too. I've enjoyed playing $5 and $10 tournaments this month, it's a nice change of pace (though trying to play them at the same time as $50-$100 tournaments can really mess with my head).

Marwan
05-20-2006, 02:57 AM
I concur with the low stakes tourney idea.. of course any freerolls are welcomed

Fredrik
05-20-2006, 06:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably in the minority among the big name players, but I'd like a big low stakes event.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Don't know how feasible it would be, as we have to consider Stars software, but what about a HU championship where the last people who joins that can't be matched is dropped off?

So, instead of saying '64 people can join', the joining is open, so if 145 people joins, the last 145-128 people is dropped off. That would teach them to linger with the registration... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

dmk
05-20-2006, 09:50 AM
they wouldn't drop off

if there are 145 ppl, 111 get byes, and 34 ppl play an extra first round.

PickyTooth
05-20-2006, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I cannot handle anything else...I need to retool my game and play less and work on some things. My play is really suffering because of this contest.

Plus, there's still a bit of a bad taste in my mouth from being on a non-team this month, although I'm sure it's probably an isolated incident/bad luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

really ? cause Caldarooni is learning a whole bunch from us during this contest.

Caldarooni
05-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Don't mind Picky. He is bitter because he can't finish. Not that there is any shame in finishing 2nd in two 100rbs this month. There is honor in that Picky.

PickyTooth
05-20-2006, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't mind Picky. He is bitter because he can't finish. Not that there is any shame in finishing 2nd in two 100rbs this month. There is honor in that Picky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did I know that was coming

ps. I hate you.

NoahSD
05-20-2006, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably in the minority among the big name players, but I'd like a big low stakes event.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a big name player!

Ansky
05-22-2006, 01:56 AM
I've decided to pwn 5/10 nl for june, so I will prob not being doing many MTTs. God I hate tournaments.

bugstud
05-22-2006, 03:19 PM
where's the "give bugstud enough money to play the world series" option?

nath
05-24-2006, 07:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If TS was any indicator a "Win a Weekend with Nath" freeroll would be much more popular.

nath
05-24-2006, 07:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've decided to pwn 5/10 nl for june, so I will prob not being doing many MTTs. God I hate tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

AAAAAGH WHY CAN'T I BEAT ONLINE CASH GAMES THE WAY I DO LIVE SO I DON'T HAVE TO RELY ON DONKAMENTS FOR A LIVING

A_Junglen
05-24-2006, 09:27 AM
I think some kind of superstars format would be fun (6 handed tables, turbo blinds).

I think this has already been done, but I think it's a cool idea.

I'll be happy to play in anything, I just hope it's not super-ultra high volume like May has been. A month of "normal" play sounds nice

dmk
05-24-2006, 11:42 AM
i plan on sleeping 14 hours a day during june to make up for may

05-24-2006, 11:51 AM
More Stars freerolls into $10K events would be lovely.

Don't invite mlagoo this time.

poopstar212
05-24-2006, 12:22 PM
how about a get poopstar out of busto semi-annual charity event tournament thing cuz this happens to me alot? we could even set up something live too with like hot car wash cheerleader girls and have some milfs bake up some cookeis and stuff too.

oh man im telling u this could be really good. we could even also have a booth to where some of u internet pros could autograph peoples computers or something. and from reading the ts thread it seems like poeple were really impressed by naths appearance so maybe we could take some sexy bathing shots and put them together into a calender so he doesnt have to rely on donkaments anymore. god do u know how many birds we could kill with this thing?

nath
05-24-2006, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and from reading the ts thread it seems like poeple were really impressed by naths appearance so maybe we could take some sexy bathing shots and put them together into a calender so he doesnt have to rely on donkaments anymore. god do u know how many birds we could kill with this thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't really think that's what they were impressed about with my appearance, but i like the way you think.