PDA

View Full Version : O/T New OT Forum that SMPers might like

diebitter
05-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Hi all,

I've got the okay from Wacki to post this, so here goes.

There's a new permanent forum here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=quiet&page=0) in the OT section of 2+2 called The Quiet Zone (or just Zone), meant for discussion, talking, debating, on any number of subjects.

I think you guys will find the vibe is similar to SMP, but here you can post about art, movies, history, travel, or any number of subjects (check the FAQ to be sure), and I hope some of you will come by and check it out.

It's not on the sidebar at the moment, so I thought it'd be worth alerting you.

thanks
diebitter

wacki
05-19-2006, 03:41 PM
this thing has been around for 2 weeks? How come it's not on the left hand side bar?

diebitter
05-19-2006, 03:46 PM
No, I did run an Entertainment forum in the mod playground for a week or two, and that's gone. I did move a lot of that to either OOT, or the new Zone though. This Zone is not just entertainment at all, it's for serious discussion of anything (except SMP, which is what SMP is for, and politics, which is what...oh, you can work it out).

db

TomCollins
05-19-2006, 04:36 PM
OOT without the poop jokes?

diebitter
05-19-2006, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. But I think you'll find OOT is now OOT without the poop jokes too.

It's also without the polls, the requests that are typically for one/two-word responses, and without the sexual stories/dating advice.

If that sounds appealing, come join us!

TomCollins
05-19-2006, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also without the polls, the requests that are typically for one/two-word responses, and without the sexual stories/dating advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

So OOT is now the old OOT without the poop jokes, but The Zone is the new OOT without the highschool cliqueishness drama?

diebitter
05-19-2006, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So OOT is now the old OOT without the poop jokes, but The Zone is the new OOT without the highschool cliqueishness drama?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the Zone is probably more like SMP without the restriction on subject and the God botherers. That's why I posted about it here.

wacki
05-19-2006, 08:23 PM
I'll say it again How come it's not on the left hand side bar?

MelchyBeau
05-19-2006, 08:30 PM
I think this thread should be moved into the about forums forum.

Also, if you need to prod people to post in Quiet Zone, it might be a sign quiet zone shouldn't exist.

Melch

diebitter
05-20-2006, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll say it again How come it's not on the left hand side bar?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been requested by Mat, so just waiting for it.

-- Melchy
Prod? Just an information alert. Sheesh.

CheckRaise
05-20-2006, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this thread should be moved into the about forums forum.

Also, if you need to prod people to post in Quiet Zone, it might be a sign quiet zone shouldn't exist.

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, he is letting people know it exists, it isn't on the sidebar so most people will never see it because they don't use the toolbar at the bottom to navigate forums.