PDA

View Full Version : Wild 10/20 hand

lstream
01-14-2006, 02:22 AM
Seat 4 is a pretty good player, but known to be over agressive sometimes, especially against good players. I started to hate my situation on fifth - should I have raised into the possible flush? What about the river bet? I was praying to fill on this hand.

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___completes
Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___calls

4th Street - (4.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises___raises
Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___double bets___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___folds

5th Street - (15.35 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

6th Street - (18.35 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

River - (21.35 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___checks___calls
Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

Total pot: (24.35 BB)

mscags
01-14-2006, 02:40 AM
Since the 1 seat didnt raise fifth, I think he is just on a draw. With that being the case, I would raise 6th street. River looks fine, but I think a good case could be made for raising.

Mike

BTirish
01-14-2006, 02:48 AM
You don't think the diamonds would clam up with all the raising on 4th when one of the raisers pairs up? That would sure make me think that seat 4 is full.

What else could Seat 1 be calling all those bets with on 4th other than a diamond draw? I guess he could have rolled 5's or a set of 10's, but the diamond draw looks a lot more likely to me. Maybe raising 5th would be okay if we had hit a card giving more outs than that Q--I think we probably need the outs at this point in the hand.

Edit: And river bet is fine... you're very unlikely to be raised, but if the guy has a flush he's likely to be if checked to.

frappeboy
01-14-2006, 02:56 AM
I would play it the same.. The only hand that makes any sense for him here (after he checks the river), is a 4 flush with the jacks of clubs. No matter what he had (unless he won the hand), I think you should change your evaluation of this player from pretty good to not so good.

mscags
01-14-2006, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't think the diamonds would clam up with all the raising on 4th when one of the raisers pairs up? That would sure make me think that seat 4 is full.

What else could Seat 1 be calling all those bets with on 4th other than a diamond draw? I guess he could have rolled 5's or a set of 10's, but the diamond draw looks a lot more likely to me. Maybe raising 5th would be okay if we had hit a card giving more outs than that Q--I think we probably need the outs at this point in the hand.

Edit: And river bet is fine... you're very unlikely to be raised, but if the guy has a flush he's likely to be if checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, I would probably be scared with my flush too.

MichaelOar
01-14-2006, 05:00 AM
I bet Seat seat one has AdAx in the hole, and the other guy is thinks he's getting value out of his flush draw. Raise 5th st or 6th st. Everything else looks good to me.

Michael

Andy B
01-14-2006, 10:31 AM
I think I play it the same.

BeerMoney
01-14-2006, 11:35 AM
I really think you should have raised on 6th. If you're behind, c'est la vie. A raise here could save you this mega pot. Notice that if seat 1 has a pocket pair, he's getting odds to suck out. If you pop it here, you could create the impression that he's drawing dead.

I think you should always look to be jamming pots if there's a good chance you're ahead and you still have a good chance of catching up if you are behind.