PDA

View Full Version : Tough river decision 8/B

mscags
01-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Seat 4 is MrKKLeen for any of you that know him. If you don't, he is a regular in this game and probably a winner, he is a pretty solid player IMO, but is suspect to making some questionable plays once in a while and limping in with some hands that he probably shouldn't. The other villian I don't know, but I haven't seen him get too out of line.

Is my river play good or terrible?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.htm))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in
Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

4th Street - (1.70 SB)

Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls

5th Street - (2.35 BB)

Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___calls
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls___calls

6th Street - (8.35 BB)

Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls

River - (11.35 BB)

Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___checks___raises

EJXD2
01-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Not sure I could have gone all that way and folded trips especially since seats 3 or 4 easily could have been on low draws (though you know that four of the eight 2s and 3s are out).

bigredlemon
01-13-2006, 08:04 PM
I don't think a winning stud8 player c/rr the river here with Aces up or worse. I'd fold it and be surprised if my hand was good.

shipdapaper
01-13-2006, 08:20 PM
if i had to guess seat 4 hole cards on 3rd are A 4 of hearts pairing his ace with 3 low on 5th and now a flush draw on 6th and getting his flush on 7th knowing that he would be able to check raise with all the action behind him. its a fold that you have to make. seat 3 had some ragged low on 5th and improved on 7th

getfunky
01-13-2006, 09:52 PM
i would be surprised if seat 4 can't beat a str8, but it's possible he put a good read on you and has a very good low. You are risking 3 big bets to find out, so i think you gotta go with your gut. i think it takes a lot of courage to fold here. however, it's amazing how different a players hole cards can be than what we think. i mean I'm with the other poster that this is a flush draw that made it, but I'd play this one by instinct, and if I threw away the best hand, so be it.

mscags
01-14-2006, 02:18 PM
FWIW neither opponent had what I was expecting...