PDA

View Full Version : PokerRoom Reload

Jeff_B
05-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Just did a deposit on pokerroom for their reload bonus after not playing there for ages... games at .50/1 seem easy How is $1/$2?

More importantly, are their any other codes I can make since this was a "stackable" bonus... would this mean if i deposit more money I could be working on two bonuses simulatanously?

smoore
05-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Stackable means they run consecutively, not concurrently.

Finish one, start on the next.

UATrewqaz
05-16-2006, 06:56 PM
You'll find good games at 1/2 and 2/4 also. PR is not a popular site among serious online players due to it's sluggish software and bad rake.

I only play there during reloads myself.

fluxpoker
05-16-2006, 07:32 PM
i would love to play at pokerroom =) but the site is located in sweden so swedish players are not allowed to sign up (strange i know) .. it has to do with some stupid law or something, atleast the support told me

matrix
05-16-2006, 08:42 PM
I'm playing $50NL to clear the bonus - it's a walk in the park. I hear that higher limits are just as easy.

[censored] hate the software tho - as soon as bonus is done I am outta there.

I had an old not quite cleared bonus there as well and the reload got stacked and didn't start to get cleared till I cleared the old one...

TWINUNO
05-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Does anyone kno if they still offer the 600 dollar sign up bonus>?

Ken_AA
05-16-2006, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone kno if they still offer the 600 dollar sign up bonus>?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are the bonuswhores offers. I don't know if you can find any others.

http://www.bonuswhores.com/poker-room.php

Ken

TWINUNO
05-16-2006, 10:12 PM
sorry i meant for bettson site, they had a 7x bonus up to 600

WiSeIVIaN
05-16-2006, 10:25 PM
betson bonus gone a long time ago

TehPokarKing
05-16-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm about halfway done w/ the Pokerroom bonus and I'm beating 1/2 for like 5bb/100 now and 2/4 for about 2. I'm actually only playing like 14/8 right now too so a little tighter than my usual game.

I haven't played .50/1 in a long time but I would say that 1/2 isn't a whole lot different. So far I've found a pretty good mix of players...enough loose/passive players (a few at my table each time) and some weak/tight players as well...so it's been good so far. I will say that it'll clear much more quickly at 1/2 and even more quickly at 2/4 but from 1/2 to 2/4 is a pretty big step usually.

TPK

TWINUNO
05-17-2006, 12:00 AM
are you talkina bout limit?

TehPokarKing
05-17-2006, 01:41 AM
Yeah, I only play limit at Pokerroom.

I mean Pokerroom is clearly not as beatable as Party but there are not many aggressive players on the Poker Network at all and that was the point that I was trying to make.

Overdrive
05-17-2006, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I only play limit at Pokerroom.

I mean Pokerroom is clearly not as beatable as Party but there are not many aggressive players on the Poker Network at all and that was the point that I was trying to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rake is the agressive player you have to worry about on the Poker Network. Especially if you are playing limit hold em below 5/10 or so. It is just about the worse rake on the internet. I saw on a poker bonus forum that just playing at some sites without a bonus is much better than playing at Pokeroom with a bonus if you are playing limit hold em below 5/10. The rake there really is that outrageous.

Boxpressed
05-17-2006, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The rake is the agressive player you have to worry about on the Poker Network. Especially if you are playing limit hold em below 5/10 or so. It is just about the worse rake on the internet. I saw on a poker bonus forum that just playing at some sites without a bonus is much better than playing at Pokeroom with a bonus if you are playing limit hold em below 5/10. The rake there really is that outrageous.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience, playing low limit (2/4 and 3/6) at PR with a bonus (10x) is still better than playing at another site without a bonus and maybe even better than playing at another site where you get unmentionable (but no bonus).

Let's say you play enough hands to clear 1,000 player points on PR for a $100 bonus. If you played that same number of hands at Poker Stars (whose rake structure at these limits is maybe the best in the industry, save WPEX) without a bonus, you would still come out ahead--but not by $100. Given the difference in rake structures, your "real" bonus is approximately

$46 at 2/4 (after ~1,500 dealt, not raked, hands)
$40 at 3/6 (after ~900 dealt, not raked, hands)

So, you need to weigh those amounts against the worth of about 600-800 Stars' FPP.