PDA

View Full Version : Hey Lee Jones, if you're there....

UATrewqaz
12-28-2005, 06:19 PM
I remember a few months back a big suggestions thread got started and that's where the initial blurb of the VIP club came into being, anyway I had a few others, some of which I think are a big deal.

1. The default color scheme/graphics of PokerStars MUST change. Do not underestimate how stupid people are. An ugly looking front lobby and table will make people not "like" the site. Compitent people will look at things like rake structure, blind structure of tourneys, etc. but it would behoove you to come up with a slick new graphical scheme for the incompitent bozos out there (which is the majority remember).

2. Make the graphics skin-able. Currently you can skin PokerStars but it's a pain. You have to disable the auto-update feature because it overwrites the mod'ded files.

3. Make the cards bigger, the player icons smaller (or at least include an option to do so)

4. Been mentioned before, but partial FPP would be a big deal now more than ever, due to the new VIP club (very snazzy btw).

Anyone else with good ideas (but semi-sane ones) feel free to add on.

HSB
12-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Limited entry deepstack tournaments. Something like 3-5 tables.

Oh, and publicize the race for supernova status.

Brakara
12-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Couldn't agree more on 1. and 3. I have some fishy friends who refuse to play at stars because they think it just looks horrible.

As for 2., they're working on it. It's called Themes, and can be tried at the client from TestPokerStars.

Personally, I would like to see a couple of short-handed and shoot-out tournaments at more suitable times for Europeans. Oh, and H.O.R.S.E. tournaments would be great to have of course.

jack_of_hearts
12-28-2005, 07:47 PM
I'd like to see more FPPs available for higher limits instead of just 1 per hand maybe 1 per $1 raked.

Arnfinn Madsen
12-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Double FPPs for $3 raked hands.

jba
12-28-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Double FPPs for $3 raked hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice

even just 1.5

dbirider16
12-28-2005, 07:52 PM
I always thought pokerstars had the best layout. It's easy on the eyes, easy to naviagate, and lag free. An option to choose different skins wouldn't be a bad idea though.

SmileyEH
12-28-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always thought pokerstars had the best layout. It's easy on the eyes, easy to naviagate, and lag free. An option to choose different skins wouldn't be a bad idea though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Al P
12-28-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm sure a site like stars is smart enough to do usability studies. Even my mom was able to load it up and improve her game playing with Chris Moneymaker on PokerStars.net.

ryanghall
12-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Please please please please please make the automatic buyin a full 100x BB for NL instead of 40x BB.

If I sit down at 2/4, I want $400 stacks not $160. PLEASE!

Also, 10 handed tables would be nice for NL. I've mentioned this before. HOpefully someone sees it. A lot of players feel the same way I do.

Ryan

Gregatron
12-28-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. The default color scheme/graphics of PokerStars MUST change. Do not underestimate how stupid people are. An ugly looking front lobby and table will make people not "like" the site. Compitent people will look at things like rake structure, blind structure of tourneys, etc. but it would behoove you to come up with a slick new graphical scheme for the incompitent bozos out there (which is the majority remember).

[/ QUOTE ]
Sad but true. Some mostly black (or dark) layout with bright cool looking colors, and chicks with big bazungas might be the way to go. PS's layout is low key and classy -- I like it. But the unwashed masses probably find it boring, and would rather watch Fear Factor than play in a simple, elegant Earth-tone layout.

Tony_P
12-28-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure a site like stars is smart enough to do usability studies. Even my mom was able to load it up and tweak her game playing with Chris Moneymaker on PokerStars.net.

[/ QUOTE ]

Timer
12-28-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I think just the opposite. It lags terribly, but since the new upgrade the cards don't seem to be quite as herky-jerky.

1. Fix it so you only have to click the buttons once.

2. When you click on a table to go to a game the lobby disappears. If you're trying to get into multiple games this is very annoying. Let the lobby window stay where you leave it, or have the option of doing what you want with it.

3. When you're on the waiting list for several games and that game becomes available, you can not do ANYTHING until you click on that tab that comes up asking you if you want to take a seat. On Party you can do other things, and that's the way it should be. This is very annoying especially when you're multi-tabling and the action is on you on more than one table. First you have to get rid of that stupid box asking you if you want the seat.

4. When you take a seat it asks you if you want to wait for your big blind, but there is no option to post the big blind while you're waiting--at least not for the no-limit games.

5. There is no option for first available seat in the game and structure you're looking for.

6. An option to take your name off of all waiting lists would be nice--assuming they don't make a fix to number 3 above. Even if they did it would be a good feature.

7. Please, please, please get rid of those pictures of Gregy Raymer and Chris Moneymaker in your lobby. I don't care that they play here (actually they play at pokerstars.net, yea right) and I'm SICK of looking at them. Just get rid of them altogether and extend the lobby windown down farther on the screen making it bigger.

8. Put the pot size in the middle of the table next to the cards where it is easier to see, or underneath the dealers chip tray instead of on top of it.

9. Make the cards a little bit bigger.

10. Fix the glitch that hides your stack size when you have the avitars turned off. (When I e-mailed them about this they said to turn the avitars on and you won't have this problem. I said I didn't want them on, and they replied that is the only way they can make it work. I replied that Party Poker doesn't have a problem making it work, and they didn't reply.)

11. Why does the lobby window automatically pop up when you are seated in a game? It just covers up another game and gets in the way.

There's more, but that's enough for now.

kdog
12-28-2005, 10:25 PM
12. Stop advertising some damn $30 buyin tourney every few minutes with a popup that blocks your view of part of the table. God those are annoying!

Unabridged
12-28-2005, 10:26 PM
keep track of fractional FPPs so low level NL/PL players don't get screwed

HSB
12-28-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
12. Stop advertising some damn $30 buyin tourney every few minutes with a popup that blocks your view of part of the table. God those are annoying!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can turn those off in the options menu.

MicroBob
12-28-2005, 10:29 PM
legitimate complaints by Timer...but I'm still curious about this herky-jerky thing that happens on his computer.
Something weird is going on with him here I believe because I virtually never have LAG or anything like that on Stars and never have.

I think most people around here find it to be one of the smoothest and fastest sites around (people can chime-in if they disagree) so I really wonder what specifically is wrong with the Stars client that Timer has on his computer (or the actual computer itself I guess).

KneeCo
12-28-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Options --> Block Automatic Tournament Announcements

Quicksilvre
12-28-2005, 10:58 PM
Stars is pretty lag-free for me as well. In fact, when I started playing at Party, I was stuck at how much more lag there was there than at PS. If I could get my money into PS as easily as I could Party, I'd probably move to PS full-time, just because their software.

And, I like the lobby layout just fine.

Timer
12-29-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
legitimate complaints by Timer...but I'm still curious about this herky-jerky thing that happens on his computer.
Something weird is going on with him here I believe because I virtually never have LAG or anything like that on Stars and never have.

I think most people around here find it to be one of the smoothest and fastest sites around (people can chime-in if they disagree) so I really wonder what specifically is wrong with the Stars client that Timer has on his computer (or the actual computer itself I guess).

[/ QUOTE ]

To be perfectly honest, since the latest upgrade, I don't notice this anywhere near as much as I did previously. In fact, it's fairly normal now.

But before the upgrade the cards came out in stutter steps, and if I remember correctly I wasn't the only one who complained about this.

scrapperdog
12-29-2005, 01:40 AM
options - animation gets rid of the stutter steps

Maulik
12-29-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn
12-29-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be perfectly honest, since the latest upgrade, I don't notice this anywhere near as much as I did previously. In fact, it's fairly normal now.

But before the upgrade the cards came out in stutter steps, and if I remember correctly I wasn't the only one who complained about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

weird.. on my desktop computer the cards come out in stutter steps, but on my laptop it's very smooth.

anyone got ideas?

other than that.. don't change a thing stars!

Leader
12-29-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

weird.. on my desktop computer the cards come out in stutter steps, but on my laptop it's very smooth.

anyone got ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always just turned off the animation. With PT auto importing and PA HUD + 4 tables, I don't need anymore load on my system. Plus it gives you an extra second or so. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

TheNoodleMan
12-29-2005, 03:59 AM
Please add in a Turbo SNG level between 25+2 and 55+5. Thats a big jump to make for a lot of people. If you put in a 35+3, I (and many others) would play it and you'd get more rake.
Make it easier to move up and more people will.

Sciolist
12-29-2005, 04:19 AM
First two are already in place on the testpokerstars client. I'd also recommend mailing support if you want Lee to read something - he'll definitely read whatever's forwarded there, whilst there's no guarantee he'll be able to read everything on here.

MicroBob
12-29-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

anyone got ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...I don't know why people have problems because it's always been the smoothest site on all of my computers.
And I have had frequent resource-hog, slow-down and complete crashing issues with many sites (including UB, Absolute, Pokerroom, TruePoker and a couple others) but never with Stars.

smoore
12-29-2005, 04:32 AM
I agree with the "animation" causing stuttering, as the two times I've seen it turning off animation cleaned up operation considerably. With animation on, all kinds of things were slow with the interface. One of these computers it's happened on is my current machine, without animation it's a multi-tabling PT whoring HUD running monster.

KINGOFINLAND
12-29-2005, 05:17 AM
Bigger 6max fixed limit tables. For some reason everytime I sit to empty or almost empty table its a full table within a round..
So at least 30/60 6max is needed preferably 100/200 aswell.
Also introducing 6 max pot limit omaha would be great!

And one little bigger buyin guarantee for us europlayers. i.e $150 buyin every wednsday 14:00 ET guaranteed $30000.

Also why not have once a month $1000/$2000 tourney with deep stacks.

train.
12-29-2005, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2. When you click on a table to go to a game the lobby disappears. If you're trying to get into multiple games this is very annoying. Let the lobby window stay where you leave it, or have the option of doing what you want with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I emailed them about this once. They said as long as the lobby is open on your desktop their server is updating it. By minimizing it they say it takes some of the load off their servers.

[ QUOTE ]
6. An option to take your name off of all waiting lists would be nice--assuming they don't make a fix to number 3 above. Even if they did it would be a good feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

motion seconded

BlueBear
12-29-2005, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also introducing 6 max pot limit omaha would be great!

[/ QUOTE ]

jwesty5
12-29-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please add in a Turbo SNG level between 25+2 and 55+5. Thats a big jump to make for a lot of people. If you put in a 40+3 , I (and many others) would play it and you'd get more rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

sixers030409
12-29-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see more FPPs available for higher limits instead of just 1 per hand maybe 1 per $1 raked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluffoon
12-29-2005, 12:21 PM
You run the best site. Now get some more mid-limit limit ring game traffic so I can play there more.

HSB
12-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Other assorted ideas perhaps of a high degree of wackiness.

* A poker podcast where you take a hand or two from the final table of the big weekly tournaments and have some of your celebrity players analyze it.

I don't know if you're interested in promoting other games but if you are...

If you dedicated one week a month to a specific game you could do a lot of things. I'm picturing something like dedicating the last week of the month to promoting a lesser played game. During that week players who play the game of the week get extra FPP. Have one or more of your celebrity players host a table at fairly low stakes. Go once through the lesser played games, wait six months, and see what impact it had then consider doing it again.

CORed
12-29-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I emailed them about this once. They said as long as the lobby is open on your desktop their server is updating it. By minimizing it they say it takes some of the load off their servers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they could be like Party and solve the problem by updating the lobby at 15 minutes intervals. I exagerate, but only a little. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pokergrader
12-29-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will not play at PokerStars until this is fixed. There is no reason for me to play harder 5/10 or 10/20 games at PokerStars if I am getting the same FPPs at somebody playing 2/4.

Nato76
12-29-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please add in a Turbo SNG level between 25+2 and 55+5. Thats a big jump to make for a lot of people. If you put in a 35+3, I (and many others) would play it and you'd get more rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. There needs to me a level between the $25+2 and the $55+5. If there was a $35+3 I would start playing them like now.

berya
12-29-2005, 04:35 PM
"1. The default color scheme/graphics of PokerStars MUST change"

To each it's own. I love their graphics. That beautiful green table layout and those nice, easy on the eyes cards are a work of art. I would be heart broken if one day I logged in and that was gone.

wonderwes
12-29-2005, 05:16 PM
UB and full tilt have multiple table look options. This is a plus. The old school look needs to go. It just doesn't look as sharp.

Also, I posted about this last week, but does anyone have some good short .wav files for the new Stars sounds. Not even clips from shows, just neat little .wav sound jingles besides the basic sounds on XP.

Grey
12-29-2005, 05:46 PM
The roundabout image mods don't bother me- they aren't much of a hassle.

What bothers me is the way new tables pop up in different, random places on my screen every time. Especially since when it's your turn at a table, that table comes to the front. So if I've got 3 tables going, and I open a new one, it's bound to be on top of an existing table, and then it'll be my turn somewhere, so I can't click the "seat open" (or the table behind it will jump in front of it) and by the time I get to it someone else has taken my seat. Furthermore I have to type in my buy-in, which takes more time and I almost always end up typing that number into a different table's chatbox because it's my turn there.

It's a small thing, but when you play a lot it gets to be very annoying.

Otherwise, great site Lee. Too bad it seems to be tightening up. =[

redrooski24
12-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Add $55 180 man sngs instead of just $22s. Also, more FPPs for higher limit players is a great idea.

TomHimself
12-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Get rid of 20% payouts all together please /images/graemlins/smile.gif. And I think a 1k DeepStack bi-monthly tourney with satellites to it would be pretty sweet

Theodore Donald Kiravatsos
12-30-2005, 12:58 AM
Yeah. And the default buyin for limit games should be at least TWELVE BIG BETS, that way a person could actually cover maximum bets and raises on their post hand if they buy in for the default amount.

I wonder if some of the tightness people seem to notice at Stars might evaporate if all those who buy in for the default amount weren't immediately shortstacked and perhaps then predisposed to playing tighter or more conservatively (or leaving earlier than they might if they lose a few hands).

The default buyin is too low. Don't overestimate people's ability to think for themselves. Please set this buyin higher.

"Your excuses are your own" -- Richard Roma

Nick-Zack
12-30-2005, 01:17 AM
Change your name brother - its too long and screws up the pages.

MicroBob
12-30-2005, 07:35 AM
"I wonder if some of the tightness people seem to notice at Stars might evaporate"

I've thought this as well. Interesting how just one little aspect like the default buy-in may actually lead to tighter games (in our opinions)

"Change your name brother - its too long and screws up the pages. "

His name doesn't screw up my pages at all.
His 3 names stack on my screen:
Theodore
Donald
Kirvavatsos

Huggie
12-30-2005, 01:18 PM
$1+0.10 SNG's like at UltimateBet. I know a lot of people will laugh, but it's an easy way to join, click "Sit Out", and make it ITM. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Good for people with a small bankroll getting started who don't prefer ring games.

popniklas
12-30-2005, 02:09 PM
I would love it if Stars would offer SINGLE DRAW LOWBALL (A-5 and 2-7, NL and FL). No other site does that.

MattSuspect
12-30-2005, 02:10 PM
You owe me a call!

Sykes
12-30-2005, 04:49 PM
This is serious:

On HU tables, Make it so that the minimum you can buy in is 25 bets. I hate people that are sitting with 10 bets when I'm sitting with 30-40

Also, take out the sitting out option for HU tables. Currently sitting out on 3 HU just to prove a point.

missmisery_
12-31-2005, 11:23 AM
1-Stars should copy UB for their waiting list system. I hate to join a waiting list for each table. At UB, you simply specify the stakes and min number of players, and a pop up will appear everytime a seat is open.. and if you have enough tables, you can simply remove yourself from the waiting list. It works very well.. and I'm playing all my ring games there.

2- I'd like to see more tournaments with a buying between 20$ and 100$. There's nothing in that range except an occasional 50+5 (and the rebuys off course). I'd like some 30-60$ FO tourneys.

3- 180 SNG with a 50$ buyin.

4- More Deepstack tournaments (and maybe some with a limited number of entrants like those 180 SNG). 180-max tourneys with 2500 starting chips and 20min blinds would be really nice.

Grey
12-31-2005, 12:03 PM
What HU tables are you talking about? I only see super-micro HU tables.

jmillerdls
12-31-2005, 03:55 PM
Alright, they need to hire you.

hudat
12-31-2005, 04:32 PM
Add a 150-300 level to all tourneys and sng's.

RR
12-31-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, 10 handed tables would be nice for NL. I've mentioned this before. HOpefully someone sees it. A lot of players feel the same way I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

NL and PL are 9 handed games. A number of online sites have it wrong.

MicroBob
12-31-2005, 07:06 PM
Doesn't the Gold Strike in Tunica have 10-handed 1/2 NL??

(it's been awhile since I've been there...so I might be remembering it wrong).

RR
12-31-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't the Gold Strike in Tunica have 10-handed 1/2 NL??

(it's been awhile since I've been there...so I might be remembering it wrong).

[/ QUOTE ]

It would not suprise me at all if they have a 10 handed game. There are a number of peopel out there in both online and B&M that aren't familiar with the rules of poker, but NL and PL are traditionally spread 9 handed. If I go into a small market (B&M) that is one of the quickest ways to tell if they have a clue about poker, I have never seen a poker poker manager spread a 10 handed NL or PL game (exceptions are made for when a game breaks etc if you can combine to a 10 handed game and keep all the players in action that is ok).

HSB
01-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Just another quick suggestion.

It would be a nifty thing if the Info tab on tournament tables showed you what percentage of the chips in play are in your stack.

_TKO_
01-03-2006, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Options --> Block Automatic Tournament Announcements

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

usmfan
01-03-2006, 06:25 PM
I think I've heard it before here (not in this thread though). PLEASE make a real buddy list. Let me search for multiple players at once, store many people, etc. (ala Party).

_And1_
01-03-2006, 09:57 PM
pls fix the lobby, just hiding full tables isnt the solution. I wanna hide empty tables, not full... And sort the rest so that i can have a managable amount of tables to scroll, not 100eds...

wonderwes
01-03-2006, 10:23 PM
Does anyone here think pokerstars should get rid of the 48 hour waiting period rule on cashouts after you make a deposit?

gilbert
01-03-2006, 10:43 PM
i think stars needs to make some heads up limit tables.

and if they make these tables, there needs to be a way they have to make the players play at least ten hands so i don't get hit and run thirty times a day.

and if the waiting lists were like party where you could choose what limit and how many players were at the table so you don't have to join waiting lists on every single table.

bigballz
01-03-2006, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone here think pokerstars should get rid of the 48 hour waiting period rule on cashouts after you make a deposit?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah

Jim Kuhn
01-03-2006, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should they? Time is their best defense against credit card fraud, collusion and chip dumping. What is the benefit for PokerStars to change this rule? Why would someone need to cash in prior to 48 hours?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

bigballz
01-03-2006, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should they? Time is their best defense against credit card fraud, collusion and chip dumping. What is the benefit for PokerStars to change this rule? Why would someone need to cash in prior to 48 hours?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
because for non-cheaters who need their money back, its silly

TheNoodleMan
01-03-2006, 11:48 PM
If you can't go 48 hours without that money you probably shouldn't be gambling with it in the first place.

HSB
01-04-2006, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
because for non-cheaters who need their money back, its silly

[/ QUOTE ]

What percentage of the people trying to cash out that quick are actually non cheaters?

MicroBob
01-04-2006, 12:29 AM
I would take advantage of reloads on absolute (before they changed their cash-out rules), ub and other sites in such a manner.

Deposit $500 or whatever to get the bonus. And turn most of it right around and cash it out and then work off the bonus with the remainder I left in there.

I appreciate the convenience this allows me.

Sometimes I would deposit for a Stars bonus and would not be interested in clearing that bonus right-away.

I think that for long-time, established players who haven't cheated the system they should waive the 48-hour wait.
Of course, Stars frequently processes your cash-out in about 1 minute which kind of makes up for it.

jba
01-04-2006, 02:02 AM
Please, please, please, allow on option to make it so that the window focus never changes..

I hate this so much..

TheNoodleMan
01-04-2006, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please, please, please, allow on option to make it so that the window focus never changes..

I hate this so much..

[/ QUOTE ]
This drives me crazy! Also, put the needed info in SNG hand histories so we don't have to messs around with summaries.

ColdCaller
01-04-2006, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and if they make these tables, there needs to be a way they have to make the players play at least ten hands so i don't get hit and run thirty times a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's part of poker. Demanding that a poker room institute a "minimum" number of hands is pretty stupid, as it's legislating how people can or cannot play. If you don't want to get hit and run, don't play heads up poker. It comes with the position.

ColdCaller
01-04-2006, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I hate this so much..

[/ QUOTE ]

TweakXP does this.

Vavavoom
01-04-2006, 05:52 AM
A Buddy list function would be possibly the greatest addition to Pstars!

wonderwes
01-04-2006, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you can't go 48 hours without that money you probably shouldn't be gambling with it in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so let say you become a preferred member like with Party. You have used the site for a while, and they have history of you buying in on their site. On party, you only have to wait 12 hours then you can cash out. I think a 24 hour limit would be tollerable. I do like how PokerStars will instant cashout to your neteller. Plus, with the way banks work on positng EFT's which can takes several days from places like Firepay, neteller, citadel, 2days/48 hours does not really help prevent fraud.

gilbert
01-04-2006, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's part of poker. Demanding that a poker room institute a "minimum" number of hands is pretty stupid, as it's legislating how people can or cannot play. If you don't want to get hit and run, don't play heads up poker. It comes with the position.

[/ QUOTE ]

i need one of those sarcasm buttons.

gilbert
01-04-2006, 11:40 AM
i just emailed stars support telling them a few things that were in this thread and they said they do what they do depending on player demand and they determine that through email from the players.

so if you guys really want these things to happen you need to email stars.

Sciolist
01-04-2006, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i just emailed stars support telling them a few things that were in this thread and they said they do what they do depending on player demand and they determine that through email from the players.

so if you guys really want these things to happen you need to email stars.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd also recommend mailing support if you want Lee to read something - he'll definitely read whatever's forwarded there, whilst there's no guarantee he'll be able to read everything on here

[/ QUOTE ]

revots33
01-04-2006, 01:17 PM
1. I'd like to see some of the 20-table SNGs at buyins other than $20 ($5 or $10).

2. Would love it if tables didn't automatically pop to the top of the screen when it's your turn to act. Can't tell you how many times I've misclicked while multitabling because another table suddenly opened just as I clicked.

jba
01-04-2006, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I hate this so much..

[/ QUOTE ]

TweakXP does this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the function that you're talking about, but the focus will still be a problem. it's only a slight problem if you're using a mouse, but causes big headaches for autohotkey scripts. all tweakXP does is changes focus when you mouseover the window; if your mouse is already on window A and window B becomes next to act, your focus still switches to window B, and you only get focus back to window A by mouseout and mouseover again, or clicking on window A.

smak
01-11-2006, 10:06 PM
A real buddy list would be my #1 choice.

Like an aim type list, that automatically shows if your buddies are online, and can take you right to their table.

And how much would a multisite buddy list rule.

Gregatron
01-11-2006, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A real buddy list would be my #1 choice.

Like an aim type list, that automatically shows if your buddies are online, and can take you right to their table.

And how much would a multisite buddy list rule.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmmmmmm. I wonder if this program could be created. Like a "Poker buddy messenger." It could work with the software to tell what tables your buddies are at and at which sites. Interesting idea. Not sure if it could be done in a way that would not violate the T&Cs of sites (the same issue exists with a universal user interface).

Lee Jones
01-21-2006, 12:41 AM
Hey all -
Yes, I'm here. And exhausted. I've been digging myself out since the PCA (http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/2006/01/pca-coverage-index.html).

I am collecting all the comments and will get back to you in a little bit with response/status/explanation about many (though unlikely all) of these.

I will say that whomever suggested sending stuff to:

support@pokerstars.com

was spot on. That really guarantees that we see it.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

P.S. Please please please don't PM me here. The chances that I'm going to see your PM any time like "soon" are periously low. If you want to contact me regarding a PokerStars matter, please:

pokermanager@pokerstars.com

Mark L
01-21-2006, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. I'd like to see some of the 20-table SNGs at buyins other than $20 ($5 or $10).

[/ QUOTE ]

im with him. i wouldnt play in tournies that small, but i think it would be a good idea.

bigballz
01-21-2006, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im with him. i wouldnt play in tournies that small, but i think it would be a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or higher..., but they would take forever to get off, and I think that is why Stars threw out a price right in the middle.

wonderwes
01-21-2006, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone like the idea of double shootouts at multiple buy in levels? I think that would make a great addition.

OziBattler
01-21-2006, 06:11 AM
I would really like to be able to resize tables at stars (and every other site out there /images/graemlins/smile.gif). Either offer a few set options or do it like partys beta does.

Ive got a laptop and even two tables have some overlap....and playing more than 4 tables is out of the question.

(yes, this suggestion was emailed to stars sometime but nothing has yet eventuated)

oreopimp
01-21-2006, 07:38 PM
I think Waffles Table mod for stars should be standard for your software (he also has a .bat file so u can also use Auto Update everytime and not have to switch anything around):

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6448/untitled3iz.jpg

Case Closed
01-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Yes, that is a really cool looking mod.

Quicksilvre
01-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Now that is pretty.

Lee Jones
01-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Hi all -
Here (in no particular order) are some responses to your ideas. Please also remember that if you'll send them to:

ideas@pokerstars.com

then we'll get 'em sooner and they get collected and reviewed and stuff. With that said:

Software client features

1. I don't like your table graphics

- I note that many people say they do like it. But anyway, please go check out:

The PokerStars test site (http://www.testpokerstars.com)

We use that to burn in new features before we take them live on the site. Download the Renaissance theme and then send your comments to ideas@pokerstars.com.

- We are going to provide more themes for download and make it easier for players to develop their own themes, though I don't think we're going to provide a whole (WinAmp-like) skin API.

- Whoever put up that skin above (the blue one with the big über-simple cards - I love it. Would you please send a .zip file to:

with all the components you use for it. Maybe we can roll something like that in soon.

2. Bigger card images. See above. We're going to make it easier to set up your own "themes", and that should include larger card images. Note, of course, that you can do that now (the card images are just .gif files) but you have to work around the PokerStarsUpdate.exe issue.

3. Partial FPPs. We don't have a plan for partial FPPs. Not to say we'll never do it, but it's not in the near-term plan. We do understand that this is hard on the small-stakes NL/PL players, and we're thinking about what we can do about that. We do currently track partial FPPs for accelerated FPP accrual by SilverStar+ VIP players.

4. Mixed games/tournaments (e.g. HORSE, HOE)

It's in the plan, but not the immediate future. I'm just not persuaded that this is a large market. Maybe your cards and letters will change our minds, but realistically, how often that you sit down at PokerStars would any of you choose to play a mixed game or tournament?

5. High FPP accrual at higher limits (more than 1 FPP/hand). We're considering that. We want to see how the VIP Club affects things first. It's brand new and will surely create some changes in people's playing patterns, etc. Once we see those changes, we'll consider more tweaks. One thing we are are considering in that domain: extra FPPs if you're in the pot. That should create looser (i.e. better) games. Theoretically, it penalizes tighter players with fewer FPPs. My gut tells me that whatever you give up in FPP accrual you'll get back with interest in better action.

6. "First available" (e.g.) $10-20 table with at least seven players. Yeah, that's something I'd like to see too. It's been on our list for awhile, but just never quite makes the cut. If you wanted to swmamp ideas@pokerstars.com with cards and letters demanding, I could dump them on the programmers, and maybe...

7. "Table available" dialog box freezing everything else. We don't get a lot of complaints about it, but I know it would bug me (if I were allowed play on PokerStars /images/graemlins/mad.gif). Email ideas@pokerstars.com if you care about this.

8. New table grabs keyboard focus. I think the Microsoft power tools TweakUI mostly fixes this (for now), but we're going to add an option so you can turn off this grab altogether. I can't tell you when exactly it'll be, but "relatively soon".

Game/Tournament Offerings

1. Short-handed and shootout tournaments convenient to the Euro-player. I agree we could probably offer our European friends a few more such matches. Please send specific requests including game, format, buyin, and time (e.g. $30 PLO at 3:00 PM Eastern time) to ideas@pokerstars.com. We'll find some reasonable center of gravity of those requests and deploy them.

2. Larger stakes six-max games Not on my watch, I'm afraid. We did that in the $10-20 and it killed dead the full (ten-handed) $10-20 games. We occasionally make mistakes, but we try very hard not to make the same mistake twice.

Miscellaneous

1. Don't let Party buy PokerStars Heh. The message from the COO (who is not me) is this: if we enter some kind of transaction, there will be no change in the management, support, and policies. My addendum to that: all of us in the company believe that PokerStars is much more than a bunch of software and servers (though having world-class software is a nice place to start). It's the insanely good customer support our CSRs deliver. It's people such as me chatting on the bulletin boards. It's things like sending 1100 PokerStars-garbed players to the WSOP in a giant wave of red and black. It's the PCA and partying on a Bahamian beach with the people that you play against on the site every day. Nothing is forever, but every one of us recognizes the value of PokerStars and its community. We won't sell that.

bobbyi
01-23-2006, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2. Larger stakes six-max games Not on my watch, I'm afraid. We did that in the $10-20 and it killed dead the full (ten-handed) $10-20 games. We occasionally make mistakes, but we try very hard not to make the same mistake twice.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. Where is the "mistake"? If everyone who played 10/20 full moved to 10/20 short, it shows that there is a ton of demand for mid-limit 6-max games. And you met that demand. How is this bad? When you introduced the no limit tables with no disconnect protections, they killed off the tables with DP because people perfered them. By your reasoning adding no DP tables was a mistake? If you add a new type of game and everyone switches to it, doesn't that show that you are giving your customers what they want?

Think of it this way: Everyone who used to play 10/20 moved to 6-max when it became available. Therefore, there is a reasonable chance that people at larger full games would also perfer to move to 6-max. Right now, for people playing 20/40 or 30/60, Party does not offer 6-max. Therefore, in order to make the switch to 6-max, they would all move to Stars. Isn't this what you want? Isn't this the perfect opportunity to win over customers from your chief competitor by offering something that they don't?

Lee Jones
01-23-2006, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Think of it this way: Everyone who used to play 10/20 moved to 6-max when it became available.

[/ QUOTE ]

We disagree on this basic premise. I know (within tiny experimental error) there are players out there who like to play $10-20 hold'em at a full (ten-handed) table. They no longer have a place to play that game at PokerStars because those games died. I don't know if they've switched games at PokerStars or gone to the competition. But I hate it that they used to be able to play "their game" at PokerStars and no longer can.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

Double Eagle
01-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Resizeable Tables.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-23-2006, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Think of it this way: Everyone who used to play 10/20 moved to 6-max when it became available.

[/ QUOTE ]

We disagree on this basic premise. I know (within tiny experimental error) there are players out there who like to play $10-20 hold'em at a full (ten-handed) table. They no longer have a place to play that game at PokerStars because those games died. I don't know if they've switched games at PokerStars or gone to the competition. But I hate it that they used to be able to play "their game" at PokerStars and no longer can.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

[/ QUOTE ]
YES! Down with 6-max! It's killing my 10-handed games!

golfinguy5
01-23-2006, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Resizeable Tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

StacysMom
01-23-2006, 11:03 PM
"5. High FPP accrual at higher limits (more than 1 FPP/hand). We're considering that. We want to see how the VIP Club affects things first. It's brand new and will surely create some changes in people's playing patterns, etc. Once we see those changes, we'll consider more tweaks. One thing we are are considering in that domain: extra FPPs if you're in the pot. That should create looser (i.e. better) games. Theoretically, it penalizes tighter players with fewer FPPs. My gut tells me that whatever you give up in FPP accrual you'll get back with interest in better action."

I think your gut is misleading you. I assume this is looking to limits 5/10+ as they get the 3 dollar rake consistently. I cannot imagine people throwing in an extra 10-60 dollars for another FPP.

I also suspect those who are willing to do so are gamboolors who are not ever gonna read the T/C on FPP's. As far as they care, they just magically appear.

Hendricks433
01-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Have you guys thought about getting the shrinking tables feature?

bigballz
01-24-2006, 12:58 AM
Are there going to be more items added to the VIP store?

Pokeraddict
01-24-2006, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"5. High FPP accrual at higher limits (more than 1 FPP/hand). We're considering that. We want to see how the VIP Club affects things first. It's brand new and will surely create some changes in people's playing patterns, etc. Once we see those changes, we'll consider more tweaks. One thing we are are considering in that domain: extra FPPs if you're in the pot. That should create looser (i.e. better) games. Theoretically, it penalizes tighter players with fewer FPPs. My gut tells me that whatever you give up in FPP accrual you'll get back with interest in better action."

I think your gut is misleading you. I assume this is looking to limits 5/10+ as they get the 3 dollar rake consistently. I cannot imagine people throwing in an extra 10-60 dollars for another FPP.

I also suspect those who are willing to do so are gamboolors who are not ever gonna read the T/C on FPP's. As far as they care, they just magically appear.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this hits it on the nose. Be concerned with players that are playing to get these promos, not the people who dont even know whats really going on.

I know its been said over and over again, its great to see Lee Jones involved in this forum.

Ron Burgundy
01-24-2006, 01:32 AM
Why not have just 3-5 high limit 6max tables at each limit? Then the people who really want to play short can play, but it won't kill off the full games.

augie_
01-24-2006, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are there going to be more items added to the VIP store?

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ man, what else can you want. They basically have everything, plus a "any $3,000 item you want"

augie_
01-24-2006, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not have just 3-5 high limit 6max tables at each limit? Then the people who really want to play short can play, but it won't kill off the full games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even two 100/200 6max tables will kill the full game entirely.

MrWookie
01-24-2006, 01:56 AM
Then why not make it a function of how many games are running. I'm not an expert on how many 100/200 games go on frequently, but what about having 1 100/200 6 max table, 3 at 20/40, and 5 at 10/20, or something like it? We know the software already has the capabilities to have a finite number of tables as evidenced by the exactly 5 2c/4c HU tables.

Speaking of which, I wouldn't minde seeing a few more 2c/4c HU tables...

Mi_T_Sharp
01-24-2006, 03:08 AM
1. Fix it so you only have to click the buttons once.

Tweak UI from Microsoft will fix this for you. It's free too.

adsman
01-24-2006, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best regards,
Lee Jones

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this. You're ruling out making a change to the site based on the fact that some players may not like it irrespective of the fact that a lot more players will like it. Even worse, you're making your decison while admitting that you don't know if they've left or not. How can you make a decision based on something that you don't know?

As far as not being sure if they've switched competition, surely you could go back through your games records with a search to identify the major rake payers at the 10/20 full game before the 6max tables came in and then see their playing history after the fact.

Another point I would make is which of the tables generate more rake - full ring or 6max? If it's full ring then I understand your decision. If it's 6max then now this doesn't make sense from a financial point of view either.

Sciolist
01-24-2006, 04:59 AM
The Renaissance theme is really nice. That's my lunch break - play money games on testpokerstars using the renaissance theme. Watch out 10/20 tables!

Sciolist
01-24-2006, 05:00 AM
It looks like some of the most recent themes on the test site have different table sizes, so I guess this is technically possible now (note that you can't resize them though)

rivered
01-24-2006, 08:16 AM
I really disliked the graphics at stars when i started out. Doing something like the test site would be great but change the default so beginners don't see that when they open the site.

Also, upping the deposit limits seems like a must to me. How can people play 10/20 when they can only deposit 600. If you want to keep it that low there should be a popup stating that if someone wants to up there limits they can email support.

If these 2 things were changed I think there'd be a lot more fish.

For me personally I wish you could withdraw from the big tournies (bought with FPP's) and get tournament dollars.

Sciolist
01-24-2006, 08:52 AM
You can mail and get increased deposit limits, if that helps.

Lee Jones
01-24-2006, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, many people just notice that FPPs magically appear. But if they see more of those FPPs appearing, then they'll be more inclined to play in the games. Particularly when you boys and girls start telling them all the c00l stuff they can buy now that they're members of the

VIP Club (http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/main.html)

It's not so much that they'll consciously think about the extra FPPs they're getting. They'll just notice that by playing at PokerStars they get to buy plasma TVs and 24" monitors. The exact mechanics of how it all happens won't matter so much.

But like I said, it's something we're considering - the jury's still out.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

William
01-24-2006, 09:37 AM
The monitors and plasma tvs are great, but there is a limit of how many of those you wish to have in your home, and not all are interested in colecting points for the next 15 years to get a porsche model by then out of production (joke). (also the Ipod is very cool, but there is a new model every 2 months or something like that. Will you be updating?)

Will you be adding other electronic items in the near future?

Especially the high limit players, wich seems to be your target will soon have points enough to buy 1 of everything. And not all wish to use their points to participate in tournaments.

Regards,
William

mdeck
01-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Agree 100%. I want to play at Stars, but given their game selection at 30/60+, I can't justify playing at Stars over some other sites who offer more appealing (not necessarily better) incentives to someone in my position. I.e. I already own a HDTV, dual monitors, iPod, and don't particularly like tournaments, so those won't entice me into playing somewhere with worse table selection and somewhat tougher games due to the low amount of table selection.

I know there's the Concierge option, but that requires I devote much of my time just getting to Supernova to see if PS can possibly get something I want. If you made it easier to approach Supernova for mid-high players, it may give me incentive to use the concierge service.

I want to play at Stars, but the VIP store has diminishing returns for many lucrative players, and IMO the gap in rewards programs for high limit players is still too large to jump just yet. I'd like to say I had the character to make the sacrifice, but for many of us that depend on poker for significant income the bottom line is still most important. Yes, if I focused my play at Stars and saved up getting the Cayman or using the Concierge service for something similar in value might return me something decent, but there's something to be said for getting consistent, flexible rewards every month or so that I could put to work for me.

Mark L
01-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Lee you rule. I wish i could play at stars full time but competitors rakeback > stars vip rewards. the truth is i can get the money to buy the items in your store much faster playing on another site, plus having the cash is obviously much better than being forced to spend it on things i dont really need. i dont see any way around this though. i really like the approach you guys are taking and think it will work out well.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-24-2006, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lee you rule. I wish i could play at stars full time but competitors rakeback > stars vip rewards. the truth is i can get the money to buy the items in your store much faster playing on another site, plus having the cash is obviously much better than being forced to spend it on things i dont really need. i dont see any way around this though. i really like the approach you guys are taking and think it will work out well.

[/ QUOTE ]
YES! The #1 best thing Stars could do is allow for rakeback.

Mark L
01-24-2006, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

their affiliate program doesnt really work that way...

but yeah, if things change in the future somehow i would me inclined to switch their. i dont know if this would be better or worse for stars. all they would really have to do is edit their affiliate program to a %age of MGR and everything else would take care of itself.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-24-2006, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

their affiliate program doesnt really work that way...

but yeah, if things change in the future somehow i would me inclined to switch their. i dont know if this would be better or worse for stars. all they would really have to do is edit their affiliate program to a %age of MGR and everything else would take care of itself.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I'm saying. Make it happen (and let me get in on it, even though I already have an account).

TomHimself
01-25-2006, 12:02 AM
are the 20% payouts permanent? i dont like them ;(

Mike Jett
01-25-2006, 01:25 AM
I dont like them either, but they arent on every tournament if you pay attention.

MrWookie
01-25-2006, 02:21 AM
Even if they didn't have a rakeback as we know it, I bet that even if they did something conservative, like offering cash in exchange for FPP's to only Supernova members (bronze, silver and gold can only get schwag), they'd get quite a bit of attention from people here. Say, one entry in their store is 100,000 FPP's for $X available only to Supernova's. It's not rakeback, but a decent thing like that set up, especially with an extra FPP for a $3 rake, would have me seriously consider coming over to Stars full time.

Grey
01-25-2006, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Even if they didn't have a rakeback as we know it, I bet that even if they did something conservative, like offering cash in exchange for FPP's to only Supernova members (bronze, silver and gold can only get schwag), they'd get quite a bit of attention from people here. Say, one entry in their store is 100,000 FPP's for $X available only to Supernova's. It's not rakeback, but a decent thing like that set up, especially with an extra FPP for a $3 rake, would have me seriously consider coming over to Stars full time.

[/ QUOTE ]This summer I'm going to try to get them to buy me some gold bullion with the concierge service.

I thought about writing a nice long email explaining how I'm a full-time student with a kid who only really needs money and his student loans paid off, and seeing if they'd pay some of them off for me, but I doubt they'd do it.

Although that might be good advertising for the site if (while still not giving out money) Pokerstars did pay off student loans. Like doin a little bit of good for the community. What Republicans taketh away (http://money.cnn.com/2005/12/22/pf/college/congress_loans/), Pokerstars giveth.

BluffTHIS!
01-25-2006, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best regards,
Lee Jones

[/ QUOTE ]

See Lee I don't get this, although I am a fan of 6-max nl games. But you don't say here that 6-max 2K nl tables are less profitable for PS, but that you "hate" that some players only like full games and won't play short and move elsewhere.

I can't see how 6-max anything is not way more profitable for PS. Plus look at the customers you are trying to save for PS. Weak-tight set-mining rocks who only play full and won't help start new games and generate more rake for PS. Whereas the players who like 6-max are doing the opposite for you. So you are just coddling the worst customers here IMO. The bottom liine is that anything rule or structure-wise that benefits rocks is detrimental to poker and good poker games where the fish aren't depleted too fast.

Now again, if 6-max was less profitable at larger stakes, then that is fine although you haven't said so. Otherwise, I think you should take care of customers who help start short games.

Gary Stevenson
01-25-2006, 01:59 PM
question about ordering from dell-
i ordered a monitor from the vpp store about 2 weeks ago, it was supposed to arrive tomorrow the 26th. However when i checked my order status on monday from the order # PS gave me it said my order was cancelled. I called Dell this morning and after about 45 minutes of getting the run around, i finally spoke with someone helpful and they said that all the pokerstars orders were cancelled because they weren't paid for... they said that PS would have to get in touch with dell to fix the orders and pay for them.
I hope you guys are doing something to fix this and soon. Thanks

William
01-25-2006, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i ordered a monitor from the vpp store about 2 weeks ago, it was supposed to arrive tomorrow the 26th. However when i checked my order status on monday from the order # PS gave me it said my order was cancelled. I called Dell this morning and after about 45 minutes of getting the run around, i finally spoke with someone helpful and they said that all the pokerstars orders were cancelled because they weren't paid for... they said that PS would have to get in touch with dell to fix the orders and pay for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

UPS! /images/graemlins/blush.gif Those Aces never seem to hold up, do they? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nolanfan34
01-25-2006, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4. Mixed games/tournaments (e.g. HORSE, HOE)

It's in the plan, but not the immediate future. I'm just not persuaded that this is a large market. Maybe your cards and letters will change our minds, but realistically, how often that you sit down at PokerStars would any of you choose to play a mixed game or tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

I for one would play them if possible. I also think if you offered some sort of high limit mixed game, you probably would attract some big online names. If anything, even if you don't spread it as a regular game, it would be great to have it as an OPTION for private tournaments, etc. The software dev for that might not be worth it.

I'm speaking selfishly for King of the Zoo, of course.

bigballz
01-25-2006, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is disturbing news....

Ariose
01-25-2006, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is disturbing news....

[/ QUOTE ]

I type this from my 2001FP given to me by pokerstars. My first order was cancelled too. Email pokerstars and they'll keep you updated.

Gary Stevenson
01-26-2006, 01:07 PM
correct, i emailed them and they say they have it all fixed with dell. They just didn't wire the $ to pay for it in time and dell cancels all orders aren't paid for within a certain time frame, however i wont be satisfied til it gets here /images/graemlins/wink.gif

yvesaint
01-26-2006, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Add a 150-300 level to all tourneys and sng's.

[/ QUOTE ]

FOR GODS SAKE WHY ISNT THIS GETTING MORE LOVE

Lee Jones
02-03-2006, 08:39 AM
Hi folks -
As an experiment, we've added one six-max table to the $15-30, $30-60, and $100-200 games. We'll see how much attention they get and what effect they have on the ten-seat games.

As always, I'm delighted to receive feedback at:

Best regards,
Lee Jones

StacysMom
02-06-2006, 04:05 AM
Things that did not please me tonight on Stars:

Now that I've gotten used to your software's poping up priority vs. that of party's, I've found 8 tabling gets slow. I open up a random tourney or two, however mixing tourney and cash is rough for the 9th and 10th table. Could the cash players get the same table limit as tourney players? If no, then why not?

A while ago the 8th 5/10 table broke. I looked and there was a 10/20 full. I was gonna hop in, but could not bring myself to do so for the standard FPP rate. Double FPP for 3 dollar rake pots--> I hop in the 10/20 game also. Instead, I close the tables and go grind on PP as I was now limited to 7 tables.

Does the window really need to steal my cursor? It makes it impossible for me to use AIM, browse the web, play in class while taking notes, chat with other players at different tables, or even sit down with a normal buyin as it defaults to 10BB's (feel free to change that too).

Don't mean to be overly critical, overall you have a great site. While these things seem minor to many, they actually take my play away from your site. It happned tonight, and will happen everyday this week, as I have hours of class time during which I have to play on PP so I can still take notes.