PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 stud/8, Just learning, Lots of Q's

preiserone
01-13-2006, 06:11 PM
3rd I didn't want to complete with all the low cards in already, should I have?

4th I just bet to get the bricked hands out. Is this right?

5th street probably should have been a check, I don't really know though.

6th is where I'm having some trouble, if he has a low my aces are ahead, and I have a draw to a better low, is the bet warranted here?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.htm))

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

4th Street - (5.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

5th Street - (4.30 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

6th Street - (8.30 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___raises

River - (12.30 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

Total pot: (14.30 BB)

shipdapaper
01-13-2006, 07:25 PM
3rd st....i think raising or folding is best u know that five spades are out and Aces are alot more difficult to stand much heat on the other streets. By raising your up card on on 4th will pretty much define your hand (to others) by catching high people are more likely to but u on high and vice versa.

4th street i love the play you have to get as much of your competion out.

5th checking is ok but i like keeping pressure on at best he has a 8 smooth betting out to see where he is at or at best see what happens then calling.

6th i disagree with the check raise if and (when) u did hit that 64 low you might be able to get more out of him on 7th. but by check raising you are showing to him that you got him beat both ways... by doing that he will just look you up by just calling. but by calling you could get more out of him if he makes a 75 or 65 low. But lets say that you didnt catch low. What would u do now? Still bet on 7th? Its alot harder do that. its decent possiblity to be scooped if you dont hit your 64,74, or 84. so i think just calling on 6th and betting out on 7th makes for a more profitable play.

Ship it.

getfunky
01-13-2006, 10:04 PM
reraise 3rd, bet out on 6th, otherwise I like it.

3rd you have an excellent hand, so in case you can't thin the field on 3rd a little, you are building a big pot with a premium hand. your hand plays ok, multiway because it's a 2-way hand, though you'd prefer less opponents.

on 6th the problem with the c/r is that you could be up against a flush or str8 draw. believe it or not you might win it on 6th st. vs certain players, and with your strong board there's only a small chance you'll be raised