PDA

View Full Version : AA, lots of action

Gugel
12-28-2005, 02:22 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($50.60)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($85.30)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($90.95)</font>
BB ($46.20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $2.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2.50.

Flop: ($6.50) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, Button calls $5.

Turn: ($16.50) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, Villian pushes, Hero?

Bullet_Dodger
12-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Hero throws something at the computer and folds.

Edit: At the $50 levels, I might find a call. I think its close.

amoeba
12-28-2005, 02:45 PM
fold. its probably the straight.

that said, why are you betting the turn?

beavens
12-28-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so are you c-c'ing the turn or c-f'ing?

amoeba
12-28-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

check with the option of doing either depending on the odds offered.

but there is no need to bet the turn as hands that you currently beat are folding and nothing left to protect against.

villain could also make a mistake and slowplay his flush/straight. make him make mistakes and check.

beavens
12-28-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but there is no need to bet the turn as hands that you currently beat are folding and nothing left to protect against.

villain could also make a mistake and slowplay his flush/straight. make him make mistakes and check.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure this would require a better read of the opponent and more information, but based on the how the hand has played out, what is your best esitmate of the villain's action when you check in front of him?

is the turn perhaps a scare card for him too? possible straight/flush out there - would a bet make him throw away his low set or 2pr?

i'm not really where exactly im going with this, just picking at your brain i suppose.

amoeba
01-05-2006, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure this would require a better read of the opponent and more information, but based on the how the hand has played out, what is your best esitmate of the villain's action when you check in front of him?

is the turn perhaps a scare card for him too? possible straight/flush out there - would a bet make him throw away his low set or 2pr?

i'm not really where exactly im going with this, just picking at your brain i suppose.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry about the late reply, away for a while.

I don't expect villains to be folding sets or 2 pair too often given your preflop raise. especially if you've been trying to protect against 4 flushes thus increasing your turn bet frequency and/or raising a very narrow range preflop. hes not giving you credit for the straight or flush.

the thing is it doesn't matter what his action is. the only thing you are worried about is if he is able to make a bet on the turn which gives you incorrect drawing odds with a hand you beat. in other words make a big bluff.

if he is tight, he may figure " well I have 2 pair/set but that turn is a scarecard for him, if I bet the turn, hes probably folding a K, I'll check behind and increase the likely hood of him callinga river bet"

or he could think on the more basic level of " I have 2 pair/set, I'm getting value".

usually I don't have enough reads to know what he is going to do but I don't have to.