PDA

View Full Version : An interesting 2/4 stud 8 hand.

bigredlemon
01-13-2006, 01:58 PM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.htm))

Seat 7: His action is: 40% bets, 40% calls, 20% folds. 0% raise. Not doing so well.
Seat 6: Probably a good holdem player, but not experienced at stud8. (Overvalues high hands like any 3 broadway, will jam a strong 1way hand forcing out people drawing dead the other way)

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Hero: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes___raises
Seat 7: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

4th Street - (10.38 SB)

Hero: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls

5th Street - (6.69 BB)

Hero: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises
Seat 7: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

6th Street - (12.69 BB)

Hero: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

River - (15.69 BB)

Hero: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___bets
Seat 7: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___calls

Total pot: (18.69 BB)

I think this is one of those hands that could be played in a lot of ways without being too wrong. Thoughts? I predict a lot of people saying I don't have enough to continue on fifth.

Alchemist
01-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Since you called 4th I think I'd probably check-call 5th although that does look really weak since your board is one you feel like you should be leading out on. You got raised here and now you're in a tight spot. Especially if Seat 6 doesn't appreciate and put you on a good low starting hand. Do you think he'd play split Jacks this strongly? Depending on how reasonable he is, I figure he has to have a big pair or rolled Jacks. AA is pretty unlikely since you can already see two of them. Who knows what the other guy has.

I doubt 6th is worth a bet since you likely face another raise back to you and you're still drawing. I'd just call the river as well.

mscags
01-13-2006, 03:51 PM
The only spot to fold I guess is fifth street. Based on your description of the player, I'm not sure if I fold it or not. Honestly, the guy that has me worried is seat 7. I don't know if he would play split aces this way, but I don't like him in the hand one bit.

The only place to fold would be when it is one back to you on fifth, but I probably don't make this fold given your descriptions of them

Mike

getfunky
01-13-2006, 04:01 PM
some players would raise here with jacks up, trying to eliminate the low hand - you are in a tough spot because you don't know where you're at. What do you do on 6th st. if the Jack bets & the low hand improves and raises: I think you're forced to go bye bye, and this is why it's a strong play here on 5th st. with jacks up.

mscags
01-13-2006, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
some players would raise here with jacks up, trying to eliminate the low hand - you are in a tough spot because you don't know where you're at. What do you do on 6th st. if the Jack bets & the low hand improves and raises: I think you're forced to go bye bye, and this is why it's a strong play here on 5th st. with jacks up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely