PDA

View Full Version : Rating rules for Poker Tracker Stud

BTirish
01-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Not surprisingly (and the PT people admitted this) the rules for rating players are a little lame. The only criteria considered in the default rules are the % VPIP on 3rd and the % raise on 3rd.

There are quite a few criteria than can be used, but of course none of them are substantive in character (like, % calling against a paired door, etc.). However, I do think a decent set of rating rules could be crafted. I have basically no experience with PT, but I assume it would be worthwhile to set up a good set of rules.

Collaborative project, anyone?

Roland
01-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I guess I’m in. If I can’t write my own ST I can at least do that, lol.

[ QUOTE ]
(like, % calling against a paired door, etc.).

[/ QUOTE ]

Can’t do it, since PP doesn’t write other peoples cards to your hard drive (except at showdown). We should really all e-mail them.

BTirish
01-13-2006, 02:30 PM
What do you think would be the best way to proceed? I guess the best way to start is to list the possible criteria and to decide how many categories to split players into.

Here are the possible criteria:
3rd street raise %
Aggression Factor - 4th street
Aggression Factor - 5th street
Aggression Factor - 6th street
Aggression Factor - River
Aggression Factor - Total (NOTE: I don't know what these are)
Amount won
BB / 100
Check Raise - % of Actions
Folder to River Bet %
Saw 4th all hands %
VPIP %
Went to showdown %
When folds - 3rd street %
When folds - 4th street %
When folds - 5th street %
When folds - 6th street %
When folds - no fold %
When folds - River %
Win Rate / 100
Won $ at showdown %
Won $ when saw 4th %

BeerMoney
01-13-2006, 02:41 PM
I think qualitative information in the form of notes are most important.

I like the idea of party not writing your opponents up cards to the hard drive. I think this helps prevent against people using computers to help track cards.

I'd be interested in whether my opponents played dead hands, etc..

Roland
01-13-2006, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I like the idea of party not writing your opponents up cards to the hard drive. I think this helps prevent against people using computers to help track cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

While this is true, Beer, if someone really wanted to they could do it anway.

[ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested in whether my opponents played dead hands, etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't they all?

bigredlemon
01-13-2006, 03:09 PM
I'd also be interested in:
% re-raise %
% bet 5th if completed 3rd

BeerMoney
01-13-2006, 03:21 PM
I'd be interested in: % cracked rolled up trips.

mscags
01-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Wow I just got really excited

Roland
01-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Dammit - I just imported 20k hands, and the first glaring error is that it doesn’t take completions into account whatsoever.

Songwind
01-13-2006, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aggression Factor - 4th street
Aggression Factor - 5th street
Aggression Factor - 6th street
Aggression Factor - River
Aggression Factor - Total (NOTE: I don't know what these are)

[/ QUOTE ]

Aggression factor = (raises + bets)/calls

Pokeraddict
01-13-2006, 03:44 PM
I cant wait to play with this program. Headed to the tables now. I hope SNG support comes soon. I know it isnt popular but I like the stud8 SNG's. I wish I could find them in more places then Party in the $30 and $50 buyin range.

PoorLawyer
01-13-2006, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dammit - I just imported 20k hands, and the first glaring error is that it doesn’t take completions into account whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

what kind of stats does it give you?

Alchemist
01-13-2006, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link (http://pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10476)

Bring In bet amounts are stored separately in the database but are considered to be part of the total amount bet on 3rd street. If a bring-in player decides to complete the bet instead of just bringing in, the amount bet is not stored in the bring in column but it is included as part of the total bet on 3rd street. A completed bet will be recorded as a raise on 3rd street.

Likewise, a double bet on 4th street is also considered to be a raise on 4th street.

Roland
01-13-2006, 04:05 PM
I meant regular completions, not from the bring-in. I might be retarded but I can't find them anywhere.

Alchemist
01-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Oh I see. Seems silly they wouldn't also count a completion as a raise as well if they do when the BI does it. Should be an easy fix anyway I would think.

Roland
01-13-2006, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh I see. Seems silly they wouldn't also count a completion as a raise as well if they do when the BI does it. Should be an easy fix anyway I would think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol… I like how the “Raise First In” - Filter is a full bet bring-in filter.
And you’re right, it’s hopefully an easy fix.

BTirish
01-13-2006, 05:34 PM
I'm totally new to PT... what other things ought I to be customizing? It seems like the hand categories are probably something.

Roland
01-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Hmm, I’m not sure if you can look at the tutorial for the holdem version if you haven’t got PTH? That would have been your best bet.
I can only tell you to play around with it until you figure it out, really.

Oh ya, I think I have every stud table on PP open right now. Lol.

Roland
01-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Oh, and about the auto-rate rules - we better wait until that little problem with the completions is fixed.