PDA

View Full Version : My last post ever in this stud forum

Michael Emery
12-28-2005, 04:32 AM
This is it. I dont plan on posting or responding in this stud forum ever again due to all this BS. To those of you who think I'm cocky and arrogant, I am. But I also believe I've had more success with stud than anyone on here who posts with any type of regularity.

Please look at what posts surround my previous one. We have a .50-1.00 hand and a .25-.50 hand. We have been discussing little $10 tourney hands that are mundane. We have more nonsense posts on this forum than ever before. This is supposed to be the 2+2 stud forum? Surely there must be a website out there with people that have some knowledge about the game. You all are lucky I even offer you intersting hands to think about.

To everyone who posts on other forums on 2+2 heres a question. How do you think the relative skill of other forums, in relation to that variation of poker they are discussing, stack up against our regular stud posters? I can tell you that the hold'em forums have some of the best players in the country. The same also goes for the others. Why? Because they have people that actually play limits and hands worth discussing. With the exception of a very few select players, most of whom dont post often, we never get such dialogue going. I can assure you that the skill level of the stud players on here is correlated to that fact. While the stud forum has always been one of the "chillest" forums on here, it has also been the least productive as far as advancing players in terms of skill, and its not even close. I will not be responding to any comments in this thread or forum from here on out.

goodbye,
Mike Emery

lstream
12-28-2005, 04:44 AM
This is sad - I have enjoyed your contributions here in the past. You will be missed.

BTirish
12-28-2005, 05:19 AM
Well, goodbye then. I guess I had always previously appreciated that newbies were encouraged to post their comments on hands. I know that this forum has helped to advance my skill level in the game quite a bit. It used to be that every .50/1 and 1/2 post was interesting to me--now, not so much. But I appreciate that they are helpful for the people just starting out, and I always appreciated that the experienced players here were willing to give helpful comments on hands at "insignificant" stakes.

I would love to be able to work up a bankroll to take on bigger games, but playing 1/2 to 3/6 is paying the rent while I am in grad school. You've posted some interesting hands that did generate some good discussion, until you insisted on insulting players who criticized your play.

Would I like it if Jeffage, Carlos, you, and others posted more higher limit hands? Sure. I always learn something whenever one of you does. But you don't have to insult the entire forum just because you aren't getting much out of it right now.

Alex/Mugaaz
12-28-2005, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is sad - I have enjoyed your contributions here in the past. You will be missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

iamastud
12-28-2005, 09:19 AM
Sounds like you either need to go bust at the game you are playing at so you gain your sense of humility again or get laid, so you rid yourself of your hostility.

There are some excellent posters and commentors here that are equally at your level. The only difference is that their heads might weigh only 6 pounds and yours weighs about 100 pounds.

You will never,ever become a truly great player with that attitude that you just expressed about the entire forum, criticizing many excellent people here. The truly great player, understands and respects people at all levels.
I would like to say good luck to you, but I would be lying if I said so.

RayGarlington
12-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Perhaps you might consider moderating a "High Stakes" Stud forum, or similar.

dandy_don
12-28-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Please look at what posts surround my previous one. We have a .50-1.00 hand and a .25-.50 hand. We have been discussing little $10 tourney hands that are mundane.

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum serves as the small stakes stud forum as well as the mid to high stakes--are the small stakes guys just supposed to keep their mouths shut until they learn the "Mike Emery method to playing stud" and keep reading your "how dare you question me" posts until they miraculously become comfortable with the higher stakes games? What happened to the pricinple of "there are no stupid questions...?"

[ QUOTE ]
How do you think the relative skill of other forums, in relation to that variation of poker they are discussing, stack up against our regular stud posters? I can tell you that the hold'em forums have some of the best players in the country. The same also goes for the others. Why? Because they have people that actually play limits and hands worth discussing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, I believe this to be the separation of the small stakes HE vs. Mid/High Stakes HE forums. You believe that small stakes HE players don't ask mundane questions to mid and High Stakes posts? I believe our objection was to your treatment to those who ask the question in the "how dare you question my post" attitude. I believe everyone has the right to post relative questions and comments to each post, be it the most elementary question or not. That's what brings us all here, the desire to learn from those willing to teach.

[ QUOTE ]
I can assure you that the skill level of the stud players on here is correlated to that fact. While the stud forum has always been one of the "chillest" forums on here, it has also been the least productive as far as advancing players in terms of skill, and its not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying we should all give up now, becasue this forum is not going to educate us to the game of stud on a deeper level?
OK I quit as well, Mike has convinced me that I'm wasting my time here....

Look, I have no aspirations of becoming a full-time stud player (I'm a realist; I know the limitations of my ability), but I come here to learn the game I enjoy--my goal is to keep playing the game on a better level than the day before. I believe this forum is designed to serve my interest, just as it is yours. I don't think that makes me some inconsequential member of this forum because I am not at the ability to ask the kind of questions you believe I should be asking.

dandy

BeerMoney
12-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Mike, why make a post about not posting anymore?

BeerMoney
12-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Mike, there's a chick on party poker, "IBlewTheTeam",, if we got her to service you, could you have a change of heart?

blumpkin
12-28-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You will never,ever become a truly great player with that attitude

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late.

jon_1van
12-28-2005, 12:00 PM
If you don't want to read the small stakes post then ignore them.

I for one haven't played much stud lately. And I don't see myself playing a whole lot of it in the future.

Mac
12-28-2005, 12:23 PM
My experience has been that anyone who makes a "last post ever" thread always ends up coming back. That said, hopefully you take some time off and come back with a fresh perspective, as you provide some good content despite the insults.

I didn't realize newbies commenting on play was that rampant a problem on the forum. I rarely, if ever, comment on play over my $3/6 - $5/10 level. If I respond to a better player, it's always prefaced with "this is not the limit I play" or "you have more experience, but". Most posters are similarly courteous. If not, it's easy enough to ignore them.

This "You all are lucky I even offer you intersting hands to think about" attitude is all wrong. I'm with Beer, some vag will certainly clear your head, you're all pent up.

- Mac

frappeboy
12-28-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too late.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed so hard when I saw this.

MRBAA
12-28-2005, 02:44 PM
Let's be clear: This is an open forum. Anyone can post on stud here, at any stakes, with whatever advice they care to.

Why is this hard to accept?

mscags
12-28-2005, 03:19 PM
I think the problem that most of our posters don't move up past the 10-20 level is because there just aren't many games to be found at higher levels online. With that being said, unless you live in AC, there def isn't a lot of higher stakes stud to be found period. Not to mention I think holdem is MUCH more profitable IMHO.

BeerMoney
12-28-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the problem that most of our posters don't move up past the 10-20 level is because there just aren't many games to be found at higher levels online. With that being said, unless you live in AC, there def isn't a lot of higher stakes stud to be found period. Not to mention I think holdem is MUCH more profitable IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, good points, scags.

BeerMoney
12-28-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too late.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed so hard when I saw this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Douchebag, I sent you a pm, have you checked it?

mscags
12-28-2005, 04:37 PM
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not lol

greenage
12-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Mike,

In my reply to your PM, I said I probably should not have stuck my nose in a thread I’d not been involved in.

What I did not address was the issue of my threat to exclude you from the converter. That was way out of line and I offer you a public apology for it.

greenage

Andy B
12-28-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Surely there must be a website out there with people that have some knowledge about the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck finding one. I was going to send you a PM asking you to tone down your act a little. Looks like you've saved me the trouble. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

BeerMoney
12-28-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I was serious scags.. There's a reason why you see a lot of the best players on party sitting at 5/10.. Its cause the other games suck.. There's just no where to go.

How's your drinking?

mscags
12-29-2005, 12:08 AM
I thought you were being serious but I know you like to gimme [censored] usually so I wasn't sure /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I think anyone who has seen Sarah play or post can tell that she is a top notch player and if she is playing stud you will almost never find her at the 10-20 game, usually the 5-10 and sometimes the 3-6. I think the same can be said for a lot of the other posters around here. I think we have some top notch players on these boards, but the lack of good quality high games keep them playing the lower stakes.

I think if Party ever opens up their 15-30 and 30-60 games you'll see a lot more high stakes posts. I know I'll be playing some of the 15-30 and 30-60 stud8 when it first opens.

Mike

Paul77
12-29-2005, 12:29 AM
It's too bad you feel that way. Many of the posters here (myself included) prefer playing the lower limits. We don't view the game as a crap-shoot, and like to talk strategy, but perhaps some of us simply can't afford high-stakes poker games, or perfer to leave a few bucks in our savings accounts for, say, gasoline or food.

I myself am single, and will be for the foreseeable future as I'm studying to be a Roman Catholic priest. But I also happen to enjoy the game of poker. If I can make a few bucks at it, great. I view it as a game where money can be earned by taking advantage of the odds and mistakes your opponents make. I make a few extra dollars doing some free-lance writing, but poker is not a career choice. It's a way to unwind for me from a busy day, but something I want to become better and better at.

The moderator of this forum seems like a nice guy. He enjoys my favorite game, stud 8. He's played 30/60, and from what I've heard at the card room we both go to, done quite well. Me, I can't afford that and probably never will play in that game. I've played in the 6/12 game out there, but 99% of the time always play the same stakes: 2/4 stud hi if it's going, or 2/4 or 3/6 hold 'em if it's going. I'm on Stars quite a bit as well, playing .25/.50, .50/1, 1/2 and 2/4 stud hi or stud 8 or the low buy-in tournaments.

The nice thing with this forum is that it doesn't matter if you play tiny stakes or big stakes - we all take the game very seriously. I think I am a solid stud player, and also play a good stud 8 game, but I know I have to keep learning as most of us do. I learn from reading the posts on other hands, and what people say about hands I have played.

How on earth you could think it's not productive in advancing skill is beyond me. Browse through the posts on RGP for instance. Hands are analyzed on here without the snide comments.

Many of us aren't going to be on TV or make it to a high-stakes game. 10 years from now if I'm off on a Tuesday I'll probably still be sitting with the same folks at the 2/4 tables at Canterbury Park. Or online at the .50/1 stud 8 game. But many of these same people want to learn how to frequent the cashier's cage more often than the ATM, and we do that by learning the game.

lstream
12-29-2005, 12:38 AM
Excuse my lack of knowledge, but can you gamble and be a preist at the same time?

Paul77
12-29-2005, 03:54 AM
>>Excuse my lack of knowledge, but can you gamble and be a preist at the same time?

Certainly, within reason. I play and enjoy low stakes card games, meaning the 2/4 games at my local card room or online. Some churches have weekly bingo nights; nearly every church festival in the Midwest has bingo and pulltabls.

Note also in 2001 a Catholic priest finished just out of the final table at the WSOP, finishing 12th.

Of course, poker could never be done on time at the expense of a parish, and the priest would have to use his own money. (They are paid a salary). A priest is a servant of the people and his parish, and these must always come first. There is also the matter of prudence. I don't think it would look good for a priest to be playing 8/16, even if he had the money to do so. I won't mind being recognized at a 2/4 table, but it would be embarassing in a way I think to be seen playing even middle stakes. Even 4/8 I think might be a bit much.

My plan is to keep playing if I have time once I'm serving in a parish, but only on my day off or when my duties at the parish are done for a day, but a priest is always on call for hospital visits and emergencies as well. Once ordained, it all changes and it is about serving others first.

I don't know where the connection of gambling as a wrong comes from; some evangelical Christians take issue with it or alcohol use, but in moderation these things are fine and certainly not wrong, though both certainly have the potential for abuse.

So, in sum, a priest can gamble within reason at a low stakes card game or in the bingo hall, just as he can go to the local bar for a beer, but it would look bad to go to a "meat market" bar (and be wrong morally too), and I also think it wouldn't make sense to put yourself in a situation where you are playing high stakes.

I love poker. It's my way of unwinding after a long day, and helps me get recharged. I also like talking poker strategy, and despite playing for low stakes I want to be good at it. I also enjoy bowling, and hanging out at bowling alleys and am always trying to up my average despite the fact that I'll never be in the PBA. But above all else, I love God and my Church, and these and the people of God must always take first priority - the poker table and bowling alley will always be there.

-Paul

mmcd
12-29-2005, 04:41 AM
I think the problem is obvious: There is no real online stud. I'm really not going to bother playing stud when the highest online game that regularly goes is 20/40 and the games aren't even that great.

Also, posting live stud hands is too time consuming. Tonight, I was going to post a semi-interesting live 75 hand I played last week, but by the time I got halfway through posting the 4th street cards/action, I realized it would be too much of logistical pain in the ass type it all out, so I gave up.

I'm 100% certain that if there were higher-limit online games that regularly went, the quality of posts in this forum would be much much higher.

SA125
12-29-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To those of you who think I'm cocky and arrogant, I am............You all are lucky I even offer you intersting hands to think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

We all make mistakes. Most of mine are a result of being over served. Admitting you're wrong is one of the things you teach children to do.

You're making a mistake by declaring you're worth more and apply to a different set of rules than the others around you. Respect is a two way street. Winning at 20-40 or higher doesn't mean you're more entitled to it than the guy who just joined the forum. Or the guy playing .25-.50.

No amount of ability or success gives you a free pass when you're disrespectful and wrong. Hopefully one day you'll learn that. Otherwise, you'll always be somewhat of a fool and never realize or admit it. Like Hellmuth.

MRBAA
12-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Paul, I'm not a practicing Catholic,
but many in my family are and many friends as well. I don't think anyone would have a problem with a priest playing $4-8, or even $6-12. I think issues would come up if 1) a priest played higher than recreational stakes, like $10-20 and above and 2) if the priest played more than once or twice a week.

Also, I'd be interested to know if you would you feel an obligation to talk to sick gamblers you saw at the table, the same way you might if you saw an alcoholic in a bar.

As a fellow low stakes player, I can tell you that I do care about winning. I've tried to refrain from talk of how much I win because it comes off as arrogant bragging, but I think there are a small number of solid players who enjoy playing 2-4 and 3-6 online in part because we just crush these games.

vintage_sara
01-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Mike,

I haven't posted any hands myself so maybe I should do so more often. I guess I haven't found any really instructional ones. I am going to post one today though because it was funny and interesting. And, I want to see what everyone would have done in my spot.

What I find valuable about the forum, particularly at first, is getting a glimpse into the psyche and reconfirming the notions that other players have when they are in a hand. I also like responding to the posts as it reconfirms my own thoughts.

Online I rarely play high unless the game is worth it. On occassion I will jump into a 20-40 or 10-20 if the game is great or good. Mostly, I play 5-10 and sometimes will jump down to 3-6 when it's warranted (good game). However, I do play some 20-40 and 15-30 Omaha hi-lo online because those games can be amazing. But my first love is stud. Unfortunately, now that I live in Omaha, NE I have very little chance to play live medium limit poker. Actually, haven't played since in a year and half. So the stud hands I encounter are pretty basic. ABC poker for the most part.

I have enjoyed your insight. Sorry you don't find value here. Well good luck to you.

beset
01-05-2006, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Mike, why make a post about not posting anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he is a twit. I quit posting here because mike trolled all my threads.

What a waste of keystrokes. I don't know any world class players that would waste their time posting such trash. Who cares that much about an anonymous internet forum but a retard? I think he should be banned if he ever posts here again after this thread.

I know everyone here seems to like Mike but I've been lurking here for two years and posting off on and on for a year and I've never seen him say much of anything worthwhile.

MRBAA
01-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Everyone here does not "like" Mike -- or more precisely, everyone here does not find his contributions particularly insightful or valuable.

There are several rather aggressive posters here who I seriously doubt are winning players.

preiserone
01-05-2006, 06:04 PM
He had very good information, just very bad people skills. I'll miss his posts, but not the cocky demeaning attitude.

jon_1van
01-05-2006, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He had very good information, just very bad people skills. I'll miss his posts, but not the cocky demeaning attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

He seems very personable in person

BeerMoney
01-05-2006, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone here does not "like" Mike -- or more precisely, everyone here does not find his contributions particularly insightful or valuable.

[/ QUOTE ]

More of the older posters here like Mike more than you.

MRBAA, you try to come off as an all knowing sage or something.. A while back, you made a comment about me as posting stuff that was "just plain wrong".. But had no ammunition to back it up.

I've seen you make posts that are just flat out wrong.. the most recent comment being that you play as well as anyone who posts here with the exception of Jeff. The fact that you legitimately feel this way further proves that you can not be a good poker player because you are not capable of accurately assessing your opposition. People let you slide on this stupid comment because everyone knows what a douchebag you are.

Another time you made an erroneous post about assessing odds of completing a hand, and you'd talk about it further in a book that you might write some day. The fact that someone who considers themselves enough of an authority on a subject to write a book about poker, who doesn't even understand conditional probability is a scary thought... Thank god there are people like mason out there that have the balls to trash worthless book..

[ QUOTE ]

There are several rather aggressive posters here who I seriously doubt are winning players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go ahead and name names, hotshot. Again, this will most likely be further evidence that you have no clue as to who your opposition is.

frappeboy
01-05-2006, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This perfectly describes someone in this forum who I know.. Hmmm trying to think of his handle......

beset
01-05-2006, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure this is the case. I've always wondered about the psychology of internet trolls. It's like the anonymous nature of the internet brings out the insecure, self-centered, meglomaniac side of certain people; maybe they spend all day repressing it in real life and on the internet they don't feel the social pressures that keep them in line in real-time.

This "last post" post seals the deal: Michael Emery is a troll. In OOT, the moderators have long recgonized that "last post" posts are extremely characteristic of trolls and and they usually result in banning.

BeerMoney
01-05-2006, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure this is the case. I've always wondered about the psychology of internet trolls. It's like the anonymous nature of the internet brings out the insecure, self-centered, meglomaniac side of certain people; maybe they spend all day repressing it in real life and on the internet they don't feel the social pressures that keep them in line in real-time.

This "last post" post seals the deal: Michael Emery is a troll. In OOT, the moderators have long recgonized that "last post" posts are extremely characteristic of trolls and and they usually result in banning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beset,

I can understand your position. I think those of us who have encountered Mike outside of this fiasco feel that mike is legitimately a good person. I don't think any of us cared for this post or a few of his previous posts.. But, we're able to look past it.. Mike has taken the time to write very lengthy pms after I asked him a question, or wanted to discuss something.. I've chatted on the phone with him a few times.. He is not an internet troll. He is someone who takes poker very seriously, and is a true student of the game. He expects others to be the same way, I think.. Perhaps that is his frustration.. People who are so obsessed with something can't understand why others don't try everything they can to be the best..

Anyway, I think the following people would agree that mike's a cool guy.. lstream, roland, frappe, blumpkin, jon, beta, jeff, carlos, vintage sara, etc...

Andy B told him not to let the door hit him on the way out.. that was cool too!

I also enjoy making fun of him cause he won't post here anymore.. Emery got a boner in his high school locker room.

beset
01-05-2006, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can understand your position. I think those of us who have encountered Mike outside of this fiasco feel that mike is legitimately a good person. I don't think any of us cared for this post or a few of his previous posts.. But, we're able to look past it.. Mike has taken the time to write very lengthy pms after I asked him a question, or wanted to discuss something.. I've chatted on the phone with him a few times.. He is not an internet troll. He is someone who takes poker very seriously, and is a true student of the game. He expects others to be the same way, I think.. Perhaps that is his frustration.. People who are so obsessed with something can't understand why others don't try everything they can to be the best..

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have something of an anger problem and I avoid situations that get me bubbling. Having my posts trolled is one of them for some ridiculous reason. Three consecutive posts I made in this forum were met with antagonism from Mike so I simply stopped posting here. Maybe a little extreme but its better then changing his avatar to gay porn and banning him.

Sounds like he is a good guy just too bad he has come off as a troll and engaged in the ultimate of forum retardidness by making a "last post" post.

beta1607
01-05-2006, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

MRBAA
01-06-2006, 12:12 PM
I will name just one aggressive poster I doubt is a winning player: you, Beer.

You've repeatedly called me names and denigrated and misrepresented things I've posted. Sometimes I think it's because you really don't understand them.

I do not think I'm better than everyone except Jeff, and that's not what I said. I said that I think my poker knowledge is comparable with the others on the forum -- he's the only one I can definitely say posts stuff I hadn't thought of on a consistent basis.

However lstream, vintagesara, frappeboy, carlos and I'm sure others I'm not thinking of are all worthy opponents, and I'm sure could take my money.

If you read my hold'em book, you can judge for yourself my knowledge of that game. As for stud, I think my posts speak for themselves. I've been playing awhile, so I tend to post less specific hands and more general stuff. My most recent significant post about calling I think has a lot of value, based on my experience playing 2-4 and 3-6.

The ultimate proof of expertise in poker is results. I know mine -- and if they weren't very solid, even compared with friends who are pros multi-tabling low limit -- you can be sure I would not be as confident of my opinions as I am.

You know your results. I leave it to you to consider, privately, whether you really know as much as you think.

And by the way, the only current posters in this forum when I began posting here were Andy, CJC and SittingBull. In my posting history here of about 5 years, I've never had a flame war like this with anyone except you, Beer.

This is not my last post in this forum, but it is my last responding directly to you.

Think over what I have to say.

BeerMoney
01-06-2006, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will name just one aggressive poster I doubt is a winning player: you, Beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Put your money where your mouth is, chump.

Jeffage
01-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Everyone,

If I may...let's drop this now. I know there is some personal animosity here, but let's go back to talking poker and trying to improve each other's games. We are a small community here of people who love a game that is somewhat falling out of favor; let's put our egos aside (and Beer, though I'm responding to you, this is directed at EVERYONE on this board, myself included) and get back on track discussing strategy.

As for Mike, I've met him in person, played poker with him, and drank with him, so I consider him a friend. Do I vouch for what he has posted in this thread or recently? No. But I do vouch for him as a good player and person. I hope he comes back. Also, I think some of what he has said in the past has been his sense of humor that has been misinterpreted. The one thing I've learned over the years of playing and big highs and terrible lows and bad beats is that you need a thick skin to play poker and win significant money doing so...let's all try to help and be friendly and not take so much personally.

As for the compliments of my ability in this thread, I very much appreciate them. But, I would just like to say that I am still learning and a lot of credit for what I've accomplished in this game comes from this forum and I still want to improve a LOT. I think there are tons of areas I and everyone else here could tighten and do better. I appreciate everyone's input regardless of the stakes they play.

I'm not going anywhere.

Jeff

preiserone
01-06-2006, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I may...let's drop this now. ...let's go back to talking poker and trying to improve each other's games.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly, we don't need to lose any more players to personal problems.

MRBAA
01-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Okay, I apologize for being touchy. Just to be clear -- I've learned a ton from this forum. When I first started posting here, "oldtimers" like CJ and Pat Dicaprio gave me advice that really helped my game. And the more recent posts by the other strong players I've named previously (and others) continue to do so.

Looking forward to more of the same.

The Worm
01-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Is there anyone here that started playing high limits from the moment they sat down at a table? I doubt it. The holier than thou attitude is BS. Ive been reading posts on here for about a year, and it has been extremely insightful. Whether its about .25-.50 or 10-20. I rarely post anything if ever, but I can't stand the "I'm better than anyone else" attitude.

Stud I believe is more consistently profitable than HE, but does not have the big paydays that NL HE had, when I was playing. I first played Stud when I was in junior high, but have been playing online for about a year. I wandered into stud because I needed a break from the ridiculous beats in HE, and have been hooked ever since. I read SS, Play Poker like the Pros, and 7SFAP, but I feel I get just as much info on here!

My point is we are all beginners at one point in our life, no matter who we are. We need these forums to hone our skills, no matter what the stakes!

jon_1van
01-06-2006, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I rarely post anything if ev

[/ QUOTE ]

Post something. It's good for you.

I used to post hands that I played poorly, it helped alot.

beset
01-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Hey I just wanted to apologize for being so amped up yesterday. I have an allergic like reaction to last post posts and I went overboard. I PM'd with Mike a bit and it seems I misunderstood some of his replies to my previous posts and I take back my characterization of him as a troll. I have something of an ego myself and take poker a little too seriously and should probably chill out.

mscags
01-06-2006, 03:43 PM
I agree. Lets just talk some more poker.

Andy B
01-06-2006, 08:14 PM
I probably should have locked this thread yesterday. Let's move on.