PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get their VIP Payments Yet???

shaodeee
05-11-2006, 04:26 PM
<font color="red"> The final bonus will be paid on Thursday, May 11, 2006 by 5:00 p.m. (ET). </font>

It's 1:30 PT right now. So they have 30 minutes to pay the VIP bonuses before they break their word (yet again).

DCWGaming
05-11-2006, 04:26 PM
OMG OMG OMG that makes them LIARS

suck it up, they're giving you money

RikaKazak
05-11-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm getting $1,680 for free, if they're a little late, that's FINE by me. Even if they're a week late, 1.6K for free more than makes up for it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Push_Fold
05-11-2006, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting $1,680 for free, if they're a little late, that's FINE by me. Even if they're a week late, 1.6K for free more than makes up for it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Free it is not.

mittman84
05-11-2006, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Free it is not.

[/ QUOTE ]Exactly, go look at the main page of pokertracker in the right most column to see how free if really was. BTW I havent recieved my payment yet

miami32
05-11-2006, 06:00 PM
No payment here either

AncientPC
05-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Party'll take its sweet ass time but we'll eventually get it.

cnfuzzd
05-11-2006, 06:15 PM
why is it that everyone gets all pissy when we start referring to bonuses as "free" money? If the rake pisses you off that much, go play somewhere else. I hear there is even a rake free site now.

Personally, i consider this free money, in the sense that i was playing at party anyway, and they were in no way obligated or constrained to give me this bonus. I consider it a pretty sweet deal, and am, as of now, very happy with party.

peace

john nickle

shaodeee
05-11-2006, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care if they're giving me money. It's the PRINCIPLE. I paid a lot and put in a lot of hours to earn that money. PP never lagged in taking rake for their own benefit, why should they have a right to lag when paying me?

BaHorst
05-11-2006, 06:29 PM
because they are giving it to you as a thanks, not as a requirement

MYNAMEIZGREG
05-11-2006, 06:30 PM
This is free money. I didn't play a single hand or table more than I normally would. A bonus is free money. You don't need to take it. There is no requirement or you will lose your account. Count up all the bonus money that party has given you in the last year. I bet it's plenty.

cnfuzzd
05-11-2006, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care if they're giving me money. It's the PRINCIPLE. I paid a lot and put in a lot of hours to earn that money. PP never lagged in taking rake for their own benefit, why should they have a right to lag when paying me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, nothing you paid was in order to get this money, unless you were just making bets/raises so that the pot was raked. In addition, the point of an bonus is to add ev to every hand you play. Finally, you do understand that if they really wanted to, party could just decide to not pay you?

If it really upsets you that much, perhaps you should either: a)switch sites, b)not participate in future vip offers, c)email party, or d)RELAX

peace

john nickle

joe c
05-11-2006, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why is it that everyone gets all pissy when we start referring to bonuses as "free" money? If the rake pisses you off that much, go play somewhere else. I hear there is even a rake free site now.

Personally, i consider this free money, in the sense that i was playing at party anyway, and they were in no way obligated or constrained to give me this bonus. I consider it a pretty sweet deal, and am, as of now, very happy with party.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. the 'omgz its not free cuz of rake' people are extremely annoying.

shaodeee
05-11-2006, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, nothing you paid was in order to get this money, unless you were just making bets/raises so that the pot was raked. In addition, the point of an bonus is to add ev to every hand you play. Finally, you do understand that if they really wanted to, party could just decide to not pay you?

If it really upsets you that much, perhaps you should either: a)switch sites, b)not participate in future vip offers, c)email party, or d)RELAX

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very relaxed actually, just waiting on my VIP payment so I can book my plane ticket to Vegas. Look, this is not a bash Party post or rake war post. All I'm saying is that when PP gave us a deadline for the VIP bonus, many of us had to play more than usual to satisfy the requirements. It was very generous of Party to give us these offers I'll admit. However, when they set a deadline for the completion of the VIP offer, they'll definitely uphold it. On the other hand, I'm disappointed they cannot even conform to their own standards that they hold us up to when they can't even meet their own deadlines.

momo_the_kid
05-11-2006, 06:58 PM
party is doing a much better job now. i remember there was a time there were no VIP bonus at party. right now i think it is a win-win situation. because of the bonus, i almost doubled my play and PP made more rakes too. i am a winning player, but without the bonus, i tend to get lazy and just spend most of my time online surfing instead of playing poker.

fullhouse
05-11-2006, 07:18 PM
no payment so far but i don't care...

Koller
05-11-2006, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the 'omgz its not free cuz of rake' people are extremely annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go play $5+1 SnG's and STFU!

Rake is so high because of people like you.

cnfuzzd
05-11-2006, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so before today, the stupidest thing i had heard lately was the guy complaining about neil young releasing an album full of songs of a political nature. Now, you have that fine distinction. Seriously, you might want to reconsider that idea of disengaging brain before turning on computer.

peace

john nickle

Koller
05-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Rake is high because almost nobody care about rake including 2+2 fish.

If I play poker with my friends there is no rake, it's zero sum game and any bonus is free money. If I play poker site X there is rake and as long as bonus is less than 100% rakeback it's not free money.

Of course this all is beginner stuff.

Because nobody care about rake. I get mad everytime somebody writes "it's free money".

cnfuzzd
05-11-2006, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rake is high because almost nobody care about rake including 2+2 fish.

If I play poker with my friends there is no rake, it's zero sum game and any bonus is free money. If I play poker site X there is rake and as long as bonus is less than 100% rakeback it's not free money.

Of course this all is beginner stuff.

Because nobody care about rake. I get mad everytime somebody writes "it's free money".

[/ QUOTE ]

Slightly more thought out. Keep exercising the brain, good work.

You are mostly incorrect however.

You are conflating the issue of a high rake with the idea of bonuses being free money.

The rake is what it is because that amount is what the poker sites believe the market will support without creating a general backlash resulting in customers taking their business elsewhere. Of course i wish the rake were lower, and ive expressed that opinion to party at least twice. However, ultimately, i am irrelevent to the process. The vast magority of players, the "fish pool", are entirely ignorant of the impact that rake has on their winrate. However, that same pool of players is what provides the lions share of my income. If i choose to not pay the high rake, my income would be lowered substantially. Therefore, i choose to play in games with a higher rake than, say, a site where there is no rake.

An example of this would be if i had the choice of going to two competing bars. One bar has no cover charge, but is filled only with ugly chicks and pale, skinny dudes bemoaning the fact that the whole idea of a cover charge exists. In addition, the only music on the jukebox is polka and gospel. Compare that to the other bar, which charges a ten dollar cover, but inside is filled with buxom young ladies drinking heavily and looking for an overweight, bearded miscreant to satiate their every carnal need. My choice of bars should, of course, be clear. Sure, paying the cover charge sucks, but should in the end provide me with more profit in return.

Now, in said bars i will obviously be drinking. Lets say drinks in each bar cost a buck, and i plan on spending around ten dollars on drinks. However, since i always go to the second bar, and the bartender knows me, after i buy five drinks, he gives me a drink on the house. Thus, i actually get 12 drinks for my ten dollars, meaning that each drink in the second bar costs around eighty cents. Now, i would never have recieved those free drinks unless i was at this bar all the time, and had spend some money there. Thus, while some people might not call the drinks free, they certainly are to me. I would normally be spending one dollar per drink, but instead, i'm spending eighty three cents. That is, essentially, seventeen cents in free money given to me by the bartender. (This is precisely how bonuses work on pokersites.) While my costs are always higher at bar number two, my profit is greater, and there are ways to reduce the costs associated with paying the cover charge. In addition, since i would need to get really drunk to [censored] an ugly chick, i would probably end up spending more on drinks at the first bar. (players aware of rake are often less ev than players unaware of it)

Now, to extend the analogy as to why this thread upsets me so. Lets say i have had the ten drinks i had planned on having, plus one free one. After paying for the last drink, the bartender says he will pick up the next one. In a few minutes, i ask the two redheaded twins im talking with to excuse me for a second, and order another double bourbon. The bartender says he will be right back with that. En route however, he is interupted by a bunch of people who just walked into the bar, and ordered a ton of shots, delaying his return with my much-needed libation. While it sucks that i have to wait, i am not going to be the kind of person who bitches about waiting that extra few minutes for my free drink. That kind of person is lame. However, at least hes not at the bar with all the pale dudes whining about cover charges and trying to get drunk enough to screw an ugly chick.

ok, ive now convinced myself to have a drink.

peace

john nickle

Koller
05-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Party Poker is my main site, because it's soft and winnigs are tax-free in Finland (Gibraltar is part of EEC).

I play site where I make most money and it's Party Poker at the moment.

Anyway Party VIP bonus is not free money. It feel like free but it's not.

ajmargarine
05-11-2006, 10:00 PM
That was pretty nice fuzz.

And the response was pretty pathetic Koller.

Koller
05-11-2006, 10:01 PM
I know you are not micro limit player, but anybody who plays $0.50/$1, $1/$2 limit games or $5+$1 SnG's without bonus at Party Poker is an idiot.

Koller
05-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Why it's pathetic? I'm well know nit. if it's not free money then it's not free money period.

damaniac
05-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Okay, it is money in exchange for playing x number of raked hands. They are paying you to play poker. You pay by playing a number of raked hands. Does that make you happy?

But it is money you would not otherwise get if Party didn't offer the bonus, and if you are a poker player you would assumingly play anyway (if not as much, at least somewhat), so considering two universes, one in which you play and Party doesn't give bonuses, and one in which you play and they do, you get more in the second universe. So, STFU.

Koller
05-11-2006, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, it is money in exchange for playing x number of raked hands. They are paying you to play poker. You pay by playing a number of raked hands. Does that make you happy?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I give them more than they give me back. Of course I win money from fish when I play but VIP bonus is not free money.

My VIP bonus was 28.5% rakeback it's long way beeing free poker.

[ QUOTE ]
But it is money you would not otherwise get if Party didn't offer the bonus, and if you are a poker player you would assumingly play anyway (if not as much, at least somewhat), so considering two universes, one in which you play and Party doesn't give bonuses, and one in which you play and they do, you get more in the second universe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I get more in the second universe but without Party VIP bonus or reload bonus I play some other site.

Party is my main site, but I play there only when they offer good VIP bonus or reload bonus.

dtbog
05-11-2006, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Party is my main site, but I play there only when they offer good VIP bonus or reload bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't play there, if you don't like the bonus.

Koller
05-11-2006, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then don't play there, if you don't like the bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play site where I make most money.

There is difference between 11% rakeback VIP bonus and 28.5% rakeback VIP bonus.

dtbog
05-11-2006, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

There is difference between 11% rakeback VIP bonus and 28.5% rakeback VIP bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, then don't play if it's an '11% rakeback' bonus. Simple enough.

PatInTheHat
05-11-2006, 11:50 PM
This has gotten a big off topic... Has anyone received their VIP bonus yet?

Koller
05-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Why you posted this thread?

I already said my earlier post, that I play where I make most money. Like do anybody else, except some 2+2 idiots.

What's your point? Or do you just collect post?

Koller
05-11-2006, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone received their VIP bonus yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

joe c
05-12-2006, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you, 12?

Push_Fold
05-12-2006, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure everybody get the bonus at the same time, so if you don't have it aint nobody have it.

Koller
05-12-2006, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what are you, 12?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm too young to get "free money".

raze
05-12-2006, 12:29 AM
Party: Free munny please !!!

Mister Z
05-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Nyet.

RikaKazak
05-12-2006, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man, you said what I wanted to, but worded it WAY better than I ever could of.

betadecay
05-12-2006, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very relaxed actually, just waiting on my VIP payment so I can book my plane ticket to Vegas. Look, this is not a bash Party post or rake war post. All I'm saying is that when PP gave us a deadline for the VIP bonus, many of us had to play more than usual to satisfy the requirements. It was very generous of Party to give us these offers I'll admit. However, when they set a deadline for the completion of the VIP offer, they'll definitely uphold it. On the other hand, I'm disappointed they cannot even conform to their own standards that they hold us up to when they can't even meet their own deadlines.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience, party has never paid out these kinds of bonuses on time. Their reloads are instant, but these ones are alway late. this is like the 10th bonus of this nature, and all the ones before it were late. I wouldn't budget around getting these bonii by their deadlines. Budget to get them a week after and you will be fine. And also, their deadlines for aquiring hands/points/rake/tickets are not always exact either. The last ticket promo i was getting tickets for 5 hours after midnight for example.

thedorf
05-12-2006, 02:39 AM
I called party...guy told me there was a computer glitch and they will be paid ASAP

McShove
05-12-2006, 03:44 AM
Everyone who is freaking out about their 500 or 1k dollars is a fish.

El Ishmael
05-12-2006, 03:47 AM
Great stuff PJN.

keikiwai
05-12-2006, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I called party...guy told me that no one knows what's going on... basically business as usual chez Party

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly. Chill pills everyone.

(I've been checking every hour... but I'm chill /images/graemlins/cool.gif )

Megenoita
05-12-2006, 06:15 AM
I've also been checking every hour...reload bonus released, but not the bigger bonus.

Megenoita
05-12-2006, 06:28 AM
Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

Due to technical difficulties we have not been able to credit the Point
Builder Promotion Bonus. If you have met or surpassed your target, the
bonus will be credited to your account within the next 24 hours.

Please note that your points will be redeemed when your bonus is paid
into your account. Remember to make sure you have sufficient points
available in your account to earn your bonus. If your points total falls
short of your fixed target due to previous point redemptions, you will
miss out on the cash bonus.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and
understanding.

If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the
VIP team by email at vip@partypoker.com.

James Wahnon
PartyPoker.com VIP Club
Customer Care

Wynton
05-12-2006, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure everybody get the bonus at the same time, so if you don't have it aint nobody have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? For some reason, I had the impression that Party sometimes releases bonuses to people at different times, not out of design but just out of incompetence.

callme
05-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Just received the bonus a few minutes ago...

thebeebster
05-12-2006, 08:48 AM
it's in

FUJItheFISH
05-12-2006, 08:50 AM
me too woohoo

gila
05-12-2006, 09:06 AM
paid

Spartan1983
05-12-2006, 09:08 AM
paid 8:46am eastern time