PDA

View Full Version : Pokerroom bonus easy to clear?

TheDudeAbides
05-11-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm thinking about signing up through PSO to get the 12K points. I'm usually a 1/2 or 2/4 SH limit player. Do they have SH low-limit games there? And does anyone know how long it should take to clear 400 PokerRoom points? Also - how's the level of play/interface there? Thanks in advance.

Card Fish
05-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Pokerroom does have low-limit SH games.

400 points will clear fast.

I don't personally play limit, but I'm told that pokerroom has the softest limit games around until you get to 50/100.

IMO the interface is the best there is. That's the reason PR is the site I play at 90% of the time.

RobDoral
05-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Because of their rake structure and player points system it's best to clear a PR bonus at 2/4 and above with 5/10 and up being the sweet spot. I don't play SH myself but I've always heard the SH games were good though I've never seen anyone described them as the "softest."

People kind of hate the interface if they're running a lot of other applications at the same time like PT and the HUD program. I kind of like it myself. And while I'm typing this I have no doubt someone will tell you PR will "rape" you on the rake but I won't go into why they're mostly wrong if you're playing for a bonus.

ottsville
05-11-2006, 12:48 PM
I maxed out the deposit bonus through PSO (had to clear 2k player points). At full ring you get about .5 pts/hand for 1/2 and .66pts/hand for 2/4. Personally I would have just deposited enough to max out the PSO points as I didn't really like the site. But the PSO deal rocks!

BukNaked36
05-11-2006, 01:25 PM
PSO deal is solid, plus there are PR skins who offer nice bonus if you like the site - check out Pokerloco and Rivalbet.

RobDoral
05-11-2006, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PSO deal is solid, plus there are PR skins who offer nice bonus if you like the site - check out Pokerloco and Rivalbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 10x ongame network bonus is pretty common, better to do the 7x or better signups first.

BTW, does anyone know if pokerloco use the same ratio for getting points as the other PR skins? Their T&Cs make it sound like they do things differently.

They write: "How many points do I earn?
Points are awarded on every raked real money hand, where the rake is more than $0.05. You get between $0.05 and $2 relative to the rake, for example with a rake of $0.20-$0.24 you will receive 0.20 points. Rakes of $2 and more receive the maximum 2 points. You do not have to pay rake to earn points, you just need to be dealt cards. If you are sitting out you will not earn any points."

My assumption is that their verbiage is simply wrong and they don't realize it (you could ask their CS to explain it /images/graemlins/grin.gif) but can anyone confirm whether or not this is accurate?

goodguy_1
05-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Rob I know you're an expert on PokerRoom/skins bonii..

Do you know what PokerRoom skins offer 7 times bonus?

Do you have any idea what a 7 times bonus is equivalent to in rakeback for a player that plays only 5MAX?

Is Hollywood still the way to go ie rakeback and a constant stream of bonuses..not up on the best options for PokerRoom right now. Any other rooms offer rakeback and bonuses?

any info appreciated

RobDoral
05-12-2006, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rob I know you're an expert on PokerRoom/skins bonii..

Do you know what PokerRoom skins offer 7 times bonus?

Do you have any idea what a 7 times bonus is equivalent to in rakeback for a player that plays only 5MAX?

Is Hollywood still the way to go ie rakeback and a constant stream of bonuses..not up on the best options for PokerRoom right now. Any other rooms offer rakeback and bonuses?

any info appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a knock on the forum sponsors (I just don't use their site) but the only 7x or better bonuses I am aware of are on BW (I'd be happy to be corrected on this). I did check out Eurobet and while they do offer a 7x bonus for $50, the higher bonus amounts have higher point reqs (like Hollywood does). The big 7x bonuses that Betsson, and Bayou offered seemed to have dried up pretty quickly (possibly due to PokerRoom's pressure ). I think Full contact poker offers a signup and reload at a 9x rate but everything else seems to have gone to 10x or worse. But there are so many skins being added that one of them may offer a better deal at some point.

Keeping in mind that any SH player is generally going to benefit less from bonuses anywhere since the rake isn't spread across as many players (if it's a non-contributed system) a 7x bonus is about 50% RB, a 10x bonus 35%, and a 9x about 39%. The formula for SH is (7/x)/2 where x is the number of player points per $. The actual % will vary of course.

As to RB from an affiliate, I haven't kept up with the sites that offer it so you might want to ask in the rakeback forum for offers or check out some site like rakerebatereview. From memory, you can get it on Eurobet and Hollywood and I've heard rumors to the effect that it's available on pokerloco and bayou and might be offered at some point on full contact. And I'm not being cagey or trolling for PMs (I'm not an affiliate or associated with one in any way), I honestly don't know.

I do know that the RB from an affiliate is based on the rake you actually contribute (unlike the bonus) and that the bonus IS deducted from your MGR. So if you were getting RB on a 7x bonus playing SH, you'd get about 50% of your rake back from the bonus and get whatever RB % your affiliate offered on that other 50%.

Boxpressed
05-12-2006, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do know that the RB from an affiliate is based on the rake you actually contribute (unlike the bonus) and that the bonus IS deducted from your MGR. So if you were getting RB on a 7x bonus playing SH, you'd get about 50% of your rake back from the bonus and get whatever RB % your affiliate offered on that other 50%.

[/ QUOTE ]

A PR rep once told me that while PR does deduct bonuses from MGR, PR does not deduct the full amount of the bonus ("eating some of it," in effect). If I recall correctly, the rep said that PR deducts about 70% of the bonus from MGR.

goodguy_1
05-12-2006, 02:54 PM
thanks for the info Rob --sounds to me like just finding the best rakeback deal you can at any PokerRoom skin may be best for me since I play all 6MAX-there are rakeback rates of 45%,50% even higher supposedly at some pokerroom skins. I'll just stick to straight rakeback I guess.

kidpokeher
05-12-2006, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A 10x ongame network bonus is pretty common, better to do the 7x or better signups first.

BTW, does anyone know if pokerloco use the same ratio for getting points as the other PR skins? Their T&Cs make it sound like they do things differently.

Points are awarded on every raked real money hand, where the rake is more than $0.05. You get between $0.05 and $2 relative to the rake, for example with a rake of $0.20-$0.24 you will receive 0.20 points. Rakes of $2 and more receive the maximum 2 points. You do not have to pay rake to earn points, you just need to be dealt cards. If you are sitting out you will not earn any points."

My assumption is that their verbiage is simply wrong and they don't realize it (you could ask their CS to explain it /images/graemlins/grin.gif) but can anyone confirm whether or not this is accurate?

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's what's coming from the website, then it is wrong. You get 2 x .7 pts for $2 rake or 1.4 pts, not 2 pts.

RobDoral
05-15-2006, 08:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's what's coming from the website, then it is wrong. You get 2 x .7 pts for $2 rake or 1.4 pts, not 2 pts.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I figured, thanks.

RobDoral
05-15-2006, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the info Rob --sounds to me like just finding the best rakeback deal you can at any PokerRoom skin may be best for me since I play all 6MAX-there are rakeback rates of 45%,50% even higher supposedly at some pokerroom skins. I'll just stick to straight rakeback I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to me like your best bet is to find the ongame sites where you can get both but Hollywood is the only site I can think of that offers reloads all the time AND has rb available according to some of the rb forums. The one caveat to this is that (from memory) some affiliates give different % rb depending on your rake and in that case you might NOT want a bonus to clear at the same time if you're trying to get the best rb rate.