PDA

View Full Version : "Ask Lee Jones" Please Stars post ideas/questions/concerns here

Pages : [1] 2

Jurollo
05-10-2006, 04:07 PM
I have ran this by Lee and he said he will attempt to check here to answer a few questions. So fire away. Anything you guys want to see on Stars that isnt there? Anything that needs to be improved?

*Please do not ask about resizeable tables or table mods as they are both in beta right now
*Do not even jokingly ask about doomswitches or conspiracies either! I have deleted one thread and next person will get banned for 3 days. This is a thread about improving the Stars software.

~Justin

Jurollo
05-10-2006, 04:08 PM
I will start. Alternate between 10% and 20% payouts in the 14:10 $3r.
~Justin

Ansky
05-10-2006, 04:08 PM
When I pwn the May TLB freeroll, can I transfer that seat to a PCA seat because I'm not 21?

rockin
05-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Add a double rebuy button.

ItalianFX
05-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Bad Beat/Conspiracy Theories will also not be catered to in this thread either.
~Justin

Foucault
05-10-2006, 04:11 PM
I know this has been suggested before, but please please please an auto-add-on button, or just let add-ons begin as soon as the last hand of the rebuy period at your table ends.

Ansky
05-10-2006, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Msg deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

rockin
05-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Add a $1 rebuy. I think on average you'd have $15 to $20 PER person. Even once a week.

05-10-2006, 04:17 PM
I would love to see $50/180s.

bonds25
How about some guaranteed payouts on some freezeouts

gobboboy
DOUBLE REBUY BUTTON FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Also, add a guarantee to the nightly $150 and run some satellites to it. It'll become a great tournament.

This is also a huge suggestion, but why not add the 'new' structure to all the tournaments on pstars? It's a great structure.

EDIT: I think the nightly $150 could use the following changes overall:

2500 starting chips.
20 minute levels.
Some guarantee. (60k?)
Daily satellites.
Right now by far the best nightly big freezeout is on party... stars could take that away no problem if it introduces more players and a better structure.

rockin
05-10-2006, 04:20 PM
How about a monthly "Play against the Pro's" event? You could have at the very least Moneymaker, Raymer and Hachem every month (maybe a bounty on each). Obviously above my bankroll, but it might encourage additional people to sign up at Stars.

dmk
05-10-2006, 04:23 PM
I know this has been said many times, but the nightly $150s will get a lot more ppl if you offer satellites. Also, either 20 min levels or more chips would be nice as well. Perhaps for any $100+ you could do either 20 min lvls or 2000-2500 starting stack.

Marwan
05-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Some of the payout structures need to be adjusted to 10%.. like for a 109 there was a 20% payout structure on some of the days, but I don't think a lot of people really care about making 8 dollars if they are willing to put in 109 to play a tourney.

mapman72
05-10-2006, 04:25 PM
More single table qualifiers to the bigger Stars tournaments please.

Marwan
05-10-2006, 04:26 PM
In regards to the VIP Freerolls running every Sunday, will underage people be eligible to win a seat and forward it to the year they are eligible?

grafyx
05-10-2006, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know this has been suggested before, but please please please an auto-add-on button, or just let add-ons begin as soon as the last hand of the rebuy period at your table ends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a popup or something. There is nothing worse than forgetting to add on because you are distracted and forget to check back after all tables have finished their hands.

dmk
05-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Lee Jones,

Is there anyway the VIP system could be a bit more MTT-friendly? The amount of VPP that us MTTers get is extremely small compared to those received by our STT and Ring counterparts. Perhaps something like 25vpp/dollar instead of 5? As is, someone that plays 5 $30+3 SNGs gets as many FPPs as someone playing the weekly $200+15. Obviously its a lot easier to 8-table the SNGs than the large MTTs given how infrequently they run.

05-10-2006, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gumpzilla
05-10-2006, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The amount of VPP that us MTTers get is extremely small compared to those received by our STT and Ring counterparts.

[/ QUOTE ]

The amount of rake you pay is also correspondingly smaller. You aren't as valuable to Stars, literally.

DonT77
05-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Definitely add an auto-add-on button. Nothing more frustrating on PS than to try to add chips after your last hand during the rebuy period has been played, being told to wait, and then missing your window of opportunity to add chips. If nothing else, at least have a pop-up (like UB) which asks you if you want to add-on after the rebuy period.

Also, more guaranteed payouts for freezeouts during the week.

costanza_g
05-10-2006, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dmk
05-10-2006, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The amount of VPP that us MTTers get is extremely small compared to those received by our STT and Ring counterparts.

[/ QUOTE ]

The amount of rake you pay is also correspondingly smaller. You aren't as valuable to Stars, literally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I realized that after I posted it. Doesn't really make much sense. But, at the same time, MTTs seem to be a huge focal point for stars. Perhaps we should be rewarded a bit? I dunno...I see your point though.

KneeCo
- Slap a guarantee on the 150, give it a name and run some sats.
- Auto add-on option.
- FT option to request support and pause the tournament if players unanimously agree.
- Keep up the good work.

Mi_T_Sharp
I request that the type of tournament is put somewhere on the window itself. When I am multitabling MTTs, it can be hard to remember which one is the 20/180, the $50 MTT, the $5 turbo, etc. So, before each decision, I am forced to think for a few seconds to make sure I am thinking about the right tournament. This is annoying to me. If it said "$22 180 entered" on the top of the window, it would make multitabling a lot easier.

gumpzilla
05-10-2006, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But, at the same time, MTTs seem to be a huge focal point for stars. Perhaps we should be rewarded a bit? I dunno...I see your point though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really up on it, but there seem to be perks to being on the TLB. I think one could view this as a little extra incentive just for MTT players. Messing with that seems to be the most logical road to accomplish what you're talking about here.

Jurollo
[ QUOTE ]
- FT option to request support and pause the tournament if players unanimously agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is an AWESOME idea!
~Justin

dmk
Lee Jones,

Justin has already informed us that seats won in freerolls by sub-21ers will be transferred to their first eligible playing year. Is it possible to transfer these seats to different events instead (i.e. PCA, EPT, etc)? Does this policy apply to those who have already won seats on different sites as well?

Thanks,
Derek

05-10-2006, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is an AWESOME idea!
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

dmk
05-10-2006, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But, at the same time, MTTs seem to be a huge focal point for stars. Perhaps we should be rewarded a bit? I dunno...I see your point though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really up on it, but there seem to be perks to being on the TLB. I think one could view this as a little extra incentive just for MTT players. Messing with that seems to be the most logical road to accomplish what you're talking about here.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, fair enough

Fredrik
05-10-2006, 04:37 PM
As a player stalker, I'd like the player search to keep the search results open in case there are more than one tournament/table in the result.

Also, when clicking on the tournament, if the table where the searched player would be automatically selected it would be great.

Oh, and tell your support team they rock.

adanthar
05-10-2006, 04:37 PM
On a scale of 1-10 in importance for me:
Double rebuy button/addon button: 3
More MTT sats to complement the DSO's that constantly run to every major Stars event: 6
Satellites to the 9:10 150 and a deeper structure for it: 10.5

That tournament is extremely tough when it could be as good as the Party Supers...anything you could do would be fantastic. Thanks.

nath
05-10-2006, 04:39 PM
All that stuff about the 150, plus I'd overall like a structure with higher antes, though I may be the only one. (Stars' are usually around 1/20 the BB and most major/live events tend toward 1/6 - 1/10, if I'm not mistaken.)

sunrise
05-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Definitely auto add-on button...DEFINITELY.
Double rebuy button would be nice too.

The thing that is a pain in the butt during the rebuys is this :
Say for example you have 1650 in chips, and you push all in PF and someone with 1500 chips calls, and beats you. Now you have to click on the chip tray, and hit rebuy at some very precise moment after the hand is over, but before the next hand starts otherwise you are left with 150 chips for the next hand. Certainly sucks when the next hand is something like AA or AK. :P
So perhaps an auto rebuy at end of hand button, or make it so you dont have to precisely time the rebuy to have a decent amount of chips for the next hand. I think you all know what i'm talking about.

Also, resizing the lobby. For example in the wsop qualifiers the text runs into the status and it looks quite sloppy. umm...reminder buttons on tournament lobbies? You could hit the reminder button, say even days or weeks in advance and you will get either an email or a popup when that tournament is open for registration.

okay, a weird one...but i was thinking about this the other day. What if you had the ability to not look at your cards. Say they were dealt to you but u couldn't look at them until you clicked them? Say you wanted to bluff, or simply wanted to watch the action at the table before it got to you, like in a live tourney, before looking at your cards. what do you guys think...is this crazy??

another thing, perhaps there could be some sort of alarm or sound that goes off when the break is over during a tourney. Sometimes I miss that period and end up missing a hand, or two during a tourney because I didn't go back to my computer in time. Really sucked one time when I got dealt QQ, and there was a Q on the flop :P.... Looking back in HH of the hands u missed can be brutal.

I will think of some more improvements.

0evg0
05-10-2006, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
okay, a weird one...but i was thinking about this the other day. What if you had the ability to not look at your cards. Say they were dealt to you but u couldn't look at them until you clicked them? Say you wanted to bluff, or simply wanted to watch the action at the table before it got to you, like in a live tourney, before looking at your cards. what do you guys think...is this crazy??

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only have I thought of this, I've used post-its.

A_Junglen
05-10-2006, 04:47 PM
$25-2 Turbo 180 Man Sit N Goes

More turbo mtts in general.

zipppy
05-10-2006, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Add a $1 rebuy. I think on average you'd have $15 to $20 PER person. Even once a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see this, and I would love to see rebuy SNGs. (MTTs or STTs)

zip

The Venetian
05-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Double Rebuy button.

Auto-add-on function for rebuys.

150/300/25 blind level standard in all tournaments, not just a few.

And, the big one for me lately, the ability to sign up for tournaments more than one hour in advance. I've usually got 6-10 going at once or in the pipeline and several times in the last few weeks, I forgot to register for one until it had already started. If I could plan my night out at the beginning instead of having to check through all my registration windows, I would be much happier.

On this same note, is there any good reason why someone shouldn't be allowed to register/buy in to a rebuy tournament at any point in the first hour? Why close registration after one minute?

Moose747
05-10-2006, 04:50 PM
How about running a tournament structure where any time players get all-in and the size of the pot exceeds the average chip stack, rather than deal out the cards, the pot is divided based on the calculated odds of each player winning?

sunrise
05-10-2006, 04:52 PM
excellent idea....def. need that.
Like wow did I just go all in with 44 in the 200$ sunday tourney thinking it was that 4.40/180 man?? [censored]!!!

TheHome
05-10-2006, 04:53 PM
I think stars should start running bigger tourneys more often. I.e change the weekly $200 to $500 or $1000. Then at least once a month $1000/$2000 NL and $500 pot limit omaha/$200+rebuys.

burningyen
05-10-2006, 04:53 PM
My humble suggestions for improving the site:

1) Speed up the deal.
2) Be more proactive about catching cheaters.
3) Fold-and-show button.
4) Option to show one card.
5) Check/bet in the dark option.
6) Eliminate the 100/200 to 200/400 jump in all tournaments.
7) Put the player bottom center of the screen.
8) Option to have a beep whenever someone chats.

mjohnson406
05-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Figure out which WSOP prelim events are going to be televised so those using FPPs to buy seats can plan accordingly

Dave D
05-10-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm sortof surprised no one's said what I'm about to say.

Currently, I only play on party. Let me say that I tried stars once and left . I couldn't stand your software's layout, to the point where I almost left right away for that reason alone. It really bothered me, maybe because I'm used to playing on Party. I also couldn't find that many tournaments that I was interested in playing, being run. Copy party's software layout if you have to, specifically for the lobby screen. But I could get used to those things, in the long term, after thinking about it, playing on Stars really doesn't make sense for me. Again, let me emphasize that I gave your site a shot, and left . Here's why:

You don't offer rakeback, or bonuses, or signup bonuses. Party does. You lose me as a customer. Allow me to ellaborate.

It's as simple as that. Yes I know that party doesn't officially give rakeback, but if you're reasonably intelligent you can find ways of getting it, or even rakebacking yourself if you're an affiliate. The bottom line is that if I play a lot, rakeback helps my bottom line, and Party gives it to me, you don't. I have no incentive to waste my time on your site then, since I'm always going to make less from it. Nevermind that I think it's universally understood that Party has the softer games/worse players. Nevermind other sites like full tilt (which I tried, b/c they gave rakeback and bonuses for signup, but ultimatly didn't like) that give offical/real rakeback.

Party also has its VIP/Accelerator bonus program. That amounts to the same, or more "rakeback" than before the skins split. The more I play, the more party rewards me. As far as I know, you don't.

I know that you offer a VIP club, and it's easier to get better things through it than party, but I'm sorry, I'm in this to make money and want cash.

You don't give reload or signup bonuses. Again, I don't understand how this gets by your marketing dept, unless you think they're just not worth it. The bottom line is there's just no real reason for me to move to, or even play on stars. You don't even give me a bonus for signing up.

If there's one thing that party does well, its marketing, and right now, as far as I can tell they're beating you among the intelligent player base (ie those of us who really don't care about what Raymer/Hachem tell us to do, or Party's idiotic commercials).

If you really wan't to get players like me, you'll do these things.

sapsuckah
05-10-2006, 04:55 PM
I'd love to see the tournament listings be a little friendlier. I'm a low-buyin player and it would be great to be able to "flag" or filter the tournaments I like to play (in my case $1 to $5 MTTs) and see them all in one place. Party has a filtering mechanism which is pretty good, but I'm sure Stars can do better.

And I agree with all the posts that end with "keep up the good work."

Matt

zipppy
05-10-2006, 04:56 PM
FPP buyin tourneys with FPP prizepools.

edit: cause I want a porsche in this lifetime.

sunrise
05-10-2006, 04:56 PM
"Poster: Moose747
Subject: Re: "Ask Lee Jones" Please Stars post ideas/questions/concerns here

How about running a tournament structure where any time players get all-in and the size of the pot exceeds the average chip stack, rather than deal out the cards, the pot is divided based on the calculated odds of each player winning?"

WTF???

paigowmaster
05-10-2006, 04:58 PM
I think a great idea would be chinese poker.

Rduke55
05-10-2006, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I request that the type of tournament is put somewhere on the window itself. When I am multitabling MTTs, it can be hard to remember which one is the 20/180, the $50 MTT, the $5 turbo, etc. So, before each decision, I am forced to think for a few seconds to make sure I am thinking about the right tournament. This is annoying to me. If it said "$22 180 entered" on the top of the window, it would make multitabling a lot easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty please.

Dave D
05-10-2006, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My humble suggestions for improving the site:

3) Fold-and-show button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent. Never understood why these weren't options on any site.

sunrise
05-10-2006, 05:03 PM
yeah and what about razz and razz tournaments? and blind man's bluff??
Oh, and an Omaha Hi/Lo NL tourney would be nice as well as more Stud and Stud Hi/Lo tourney's.

Perhaps some stud tourney's where the ante's don't move up as quickly would be nice as well.

grafyx
05-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Lee,

Please consider changing the calculation of TLBs for rebuy tournaments to reflect the average buyin.

mlagoo
[ QUOTE ]
You don't give reload or signup bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes they do.

Soulman
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is an AWESOME idea!
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get why Stars doesn't continue with hourly breaks at the FT; what gives? A month ago the FT at the $3 rebuy lasted 4+ hours, and I really, really needed to do some *cough* serious business for the last 2 of them...luckily my darling girl was able to provide me with food and drinks, must suck if you're single though. Party does this, I see no reason to add a pause button, just keep having breaks every hour.

Soulman
05-10-2006, 05:07 PM
While I'm at it: why oh why is the $1 million guaranteed held on Sundays? It really makes it hard for us poor Europeans to participate (at least, us working Europeans) /images/graemlins/frown.gif Is there any chance we can have it on Saturday? Is there an actual reason for having it on Sunday?

Also, more regular (non-satelite) MTTs please. Although I prefer Stars, Party is just way better in this area...

A_Junglen
05-10-2006, 05:08 PM
HORSE

Dave D
05-10-2006, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You don't give reload or signup bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they do (which I never saw, and looked for on the web site and while signing up) the fact that I'm not aware of them makes this point even more important . Marketing isn't doing its job, or they're intentionally not advertising the fact. That's wrong, I shouldn't even have to look for something liek that if stars wants my business. It's ALL OVER party's site that if you're a first time player you can get $100 Free first time. It's also in their banner ads.

Ansky
05-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Dave,

I think most people in this thread would say stars has a nicer software than party.

In addition, they have lower rake.

TroutMaskReplica
05-10-2006, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10K-in-Clay
05-10-2006, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about running a tournament structure where any time players get all-in and the size of the pot exceeds the average chip stack, rather than deal out the cards, the pot is divided based on the calculated odds of each player winning?

[/ QUOTE ]
thats a bit of a stretch lol, but i am definately for the auto add-on and double rebuy buttons. also maybe run the heads up matches tournaments like SNGs where they start once there is 256 entrants? I don't like the idea of some poeple getting a buy through the first round unless its me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

05-10-2006, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While I'm at it: why oh why is the $1 million guaranteed held on Sundays? It really makes it hard for us poor Europeans to participate (at least, us working Europeans) /images/graemlins/frown.gif Is there any chance we can have it on Saturday? Is there an actual reason for having it on Sunday?

Also, more regular (non-satelite) MTTs please. Although I prefer Stars, Party is just way better in this area...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not European, but I'd love at least a 500K on Saturdays.

05-10-2006, 05:12 PM
I'd love to see some kind of Pokerstars-sponsored event where it is a deep-stacked tournament that starts with like 10K people. It continues for 2 days or so until it gets down to like 250 people at which point it becomes a live tournament. I know they have this structure for the Paradise Millions, but it would be cool to have it turn live in the middle of the tournament as opposed to at the final table.

Dave D
05-10-2006, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dave,

I think most people in this thread would say stars has a nicer software than party.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really only talking about the lobby screen's layout.

I don't know if that's the case, but at least among my friends that grew up on Party and tried stars, uniformly everyone hates stars' lobby. I think that's kind of my point to Lee Jones here, that if you're trying to get people to switch, the software itself really really puts people off, and probably for your avg person (not even us 2p2ers but the recreational player) that's probably their #1 concern, because they're trying to have fun and can't do it if the screen looks ugly.

Also, like another poster said, Party has filters and stuff, and they're not half of how good they could be. Stars doesn't, and it's really hard to find what you want to play.

[ QUOTE ]
In addition, they have lower rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it 20% lower? Probably not (nevermind the other reload/accellerator bonuses they throw at us). Further, there's something I just kinda like better about getting a payment every month, rather than a lower rake. It may be kinda irrational, but it feels better.

TomHimself
05-10-2006, 05:16 PM
1- double rebuy button
2- get rid of 20% payouts

0evg0
05-10-2006, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If there's one thing that party does well, its marketing, and right now, as far as I can tell they're beating you among the intelligent player base (ie those of us who really don't care about what Raymer/Hachem tell us to do, or Party's idiotic commercials).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what this means. Nor do I know how to reconcile this with the fact that it's understood that PS players are better.

THEOSU
05-10-2006, 05:20 PM
I'd like a structure for a mid-major tournament that is between the current "big event" structure and the deep stacks structure. Maybe one day a week (say, wednesday or friday) make the 150/12 a 3000 chip start 20 minute round event or something. That would be pretty sweet.

Jurollo
05-10-2006, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lee,

Please consider changing the calculation of TLBs for rebuy tournaments to reflect the average buyin.

[/ QUOTE ]
Another great one. I have seen maybe 4 or 5... GREAT ideas so far. Maybe 3x buyin would be better at least, this would also help to fix the problem of the $200 winner basically running away with weekly TLB without Stars touching the structure. If they did this the winner of the 55K (1400 runners) would get 928pts rather than the 752 they get now. If it was 5x buyin (which is almost always the avg) it would net 1010 points for 1st.
~Justin

05-10-2006, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this referring to?

Jurollo
05-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Some MTT's pay 20% of the field rather than 10% on stars. It is much flatter.
~Justin

05-10-2006, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some MTT's pay 20% of the field rather than 10% on stars. It is much flatter.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Ew. But I understand why from Stars' perspective.

Dave D
05-10-2006, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what this means. Nor do I know how to reconcile this with the fact that it's understood that PS players are better.

[/ QUOTE ]

This part of my post doesn't really have to do with the quality of players on either site that are CURRENTLY playing. It has to do with getting new players. I'm saying that Party is beating Stars on marketing (probably) all around, or at the very least among intelligent players. By intelligent I mean people who do resarch and/or are familiar with the various sites and make informed decisions about where it makes sense to play . Party makes sense to play at for me because they're throwing money at me, constantly.

Marketing=getting new players, not existing ones. If Stars' current players are smarter/better players, then that doesn't say anything about their marketing.

I feel a little better about staying w/ party b/c their commercials are aimed at idiots. I like getting more idiots at my site. The Raymer commercials are very sophisticated (and more polished/better produced, and apeal to me because I'm sophisticated), but it also means they're going to attract more sophisticated players, ie smart people.

Jurollo
05-10-2006, 05:26 PM
It is all tournies under $5. Alternating rebuys $3/$5 (1 each day) and on wednesday nights they have a $100 and a $55r. I dont mind it in the $55r and the $100 as it is nice to get ITM quicker, however, the $3r and $5r's are annoying because it really takes away from the FT. 1st on non 20% days in the $5r is normally around $8000 and around $5-6000 on 20% days.
~Justin

xdeucesx
05-10-2006, 05:27 PM
-have more large weekend tourneys (200k 500k 1mil for Fri, Sat, Sun)

-more mid-buyin tourneys in the evenings. 30-50

- double (ADD ON) and end of period. Absoulute does this and its awesome.

- more rebuy tourneys in general.

SinPies
05-10-2006, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

3) Fold-and-show button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! Also, it would be good to be able to rotate the view like you can on FullTilt. Makes multitabling much easier for those of us without a lot of screen space.

I would also like to throw in a vote for micro rebuys--$1 and $2 buy-in. Fun fun fun!

NeedsMoreNuts
05-10-2006, 05:34 PM
How about make half of all the current 20% payouts 10% and leave the other half at 20%? Also, $1 rebuy would be sweet.

EDIT: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP THE $4.40/180 RUNNING 24/7!THOSE ARE AMAZING FOR LOW LIMIT PLAYERS/POOR STUDENTS LIKE ME!

10K-in-Clay
05-10-2006, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

xdeucesx
05-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Make every other 3 dollar tourney a rebuy!

hockey coach
05-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Agree w/ Gobbo on the nightly $150.

I'd play a $50-$75 freezeout at 8 pm if it were available (ala the US Daily on Pokerroom or $17.5K Guar on Tilt) - today's pickings are usually pretty slim in that timeslot.

Ansky
05-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Dave,

Why are you stating that people prefer party's layout as if it is fact? It is my impression that most prefer stars.

Trypa
05-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Is Pokerstars getting any sort of draw poker? I would love to have the option to play PL5CD or good ol' 2-7TD on Stars instead of some crappy smaller site.

xdeucesx
05-10-2006, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Pokerstars getting any sort of draw poker? I would love to have the option to play PL5CD or good ol' 2-7TD on Stars instead of some crappy smaller site.

[/ QUOTE ]

1Winston
05-10-2006, 05:42 PM
How about some more mid-level MTT buy-ins? (At least mid level for me $30-$100 freezeouts) This would be particularly good if it catered to us East Coast 9-5ers.
Thanks

Masquerade
05-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Why is the chat turned off WAY before the end of $10+R turbo satellites. In fact why is the chat turned off at all? Can't Stars treat us like adults?

Ansky
05-10-2006, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is the chat turned off WAY before the end of $10+R turbo satellites. In fact why is the chat turned off at all? Can't Stars treat us like adults?

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

ZBTHorton
05-10-2006, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dave,

Why are you stating that people prefer party's layout as if it is fact? It is my impression that most prefer stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dmadmonks
05-10-2006, 05:44 PM
Many recreational players get annoyed by the slow play of multitabler grinders on PS. They continually take up the entire time bank, time out, basically slow down the pace of play for an entire level of the game since they are at every table available for that level. A "no multitablers allowed" table per level where players could only sit at one table would be very popular amongst the majority of the recreational players, and shouldn't affect the grinders too much.

slambert
05-10-2006, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dave,

[/ QUOTE ]

...and why i havent deposited on party in 14+ mos.

Ansky
05-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Also Dave, why do you play on one site only? I have my money spread across like 6 sites, with most of it on stars and party.

BadgerPro
I agree with everything said about the $150: Sats, 20 min levels, guarentee(or least a name, or put it in color).

Double Rebuy button/Auto-addon

Make the auto-rebuy in cash games be the max-buyin.

A nightly $30 - $50 NL Deepstack tourney.

Ansky
I like the structure just fine in the 150, no need to make it last 9 hours.

Satellites for the donks would be nice...

BadgerPro
05-10-2006, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Many recreational players get annoyed by the slow play of multitabler grinders on PS. They continually take up the entire time bank, time out, basically slow down the pace of play for an entire level of the game since they are at every table available for that level. A "no multitablers allowed" table per level where players could only sit at one table would be very popular amongst the majority of the recreational players, and shouldn't affect the grinders too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would cause many of the grinders to leave Stars. If there was a no-mulittabler table it would leave grinders playing against grinders and affect us quite a bit.

SinPies
05-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Also! More fixed limit hold 'em MTTs of varying buy-ins would be great, though I know the demand is lower.

locutus2002
05-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Idea:
1) Have a category of "WSOP" tournaments including all the satellites that more closely matches the structure of WSOP events. (structural)
2) Integrate Optional* Biometric authentication into client and cashier (structural).
3) Table should initially open in "screen" in which lobby resides (for multimonitor users). (Convenience)
4) Slider should be settable to within 1/2,1/3,1/4 of a BB. A secondary minislider (from 0 to 1) would even be better. (convenience)
5) I'm not much of a talker, but the chat window scrolls too fast to have much of a conversation. (convenience)
6) The time remaining at each level should be visible at the table level (convenience).
7) Sitting out players should not have chips covered (convenience)
8) Skipping a BB should not be allowed. This is most apparent when the BB is ~avg stack.
9) Provide optional accounting for users including all the metrics that we are "entering" manually onto a spreadsheet (the exitonly spreadsheet). You have all this info readily available in electronic form. I'd pay for it on a monthly basis.
10) Java client to eventually support mobile handheld device. (hugely structural).
11) Maybe some predefined logos to attach to the avatar to identify your communities such as "UCLA" (colleges); 2+2 (online forums)etc. "TLB" if you want to wear it, etc.

JustPlayingSmart
05-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Please put in some $22R turbos to the WSOP Sunday 650's. All Stars has now are these freaking doubleshootouts. The $22R turbos for PCA $650's gave out like 6+ seats every single time.

Lothario
05-10-2006, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see this, and I would love to see rebuy SNGs. (MTTs or STTs)

zip

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree!!!

NoahSD
05-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Wish I'd found this earlier... now I'm burried at the end.

I think it'd make multitabling a lot easier if you synched up the breaks in MTTs. Just have the breaks at the turn of every hour. That way, multitablers can have 5 min off every hour.

I'm sure a double rebuy button and an auto rebuy/add-on check box have been brought up already.

A $1 rebuy'd be awesome. If you don't think the rake will be high enough, just make it $1 + $.20; I think that would be fair.

Edit: Serious players hate the 20% payout structure, and not serious players probably don't care either way, so please get rid of it. At least make it much less common--It could be a special event like deep stacked tourneys.

ALawPoker
05-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Lee,

$30 HU matches would be a nice option.

Dave D
05-10-2006, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dave,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are ya'll saying you LIKE not having a filter to filter out the various junk tourneys you have no interest in? That's all I'm basically asking for, in the lobby screen on stars.

bonds25
05-10-2006, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is total [censored] insanity.

ChessWatcher
05-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Add a "Mulligan" tourney - each player gets a "Mulligan" card at the start of the tournament, which they can use one time during the tournament, to take back the river card actually dealt, and have a new river card dealt.

Speed up the card roll on all ins. It's glacial.

05-10-2006, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it'd make multitabling a lot easier if you synched up the breaks in MTTs. Just have the breaks at the turn of every hour. That way, multitablers can have 5 min off every hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant.

Though is this one of those ideas that solely focuses on the utility of multi-tablers?

Dave D
05-10-2006, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also Dave, why do you play on one site only? I have my money spread across like 6 sites, with most of it on stars and party.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried a couple of the other sites, didn't really like their layout and in general their tourneys. Also lack of BR to experiment. I'd rather just grind every night with what I'm used to, and I know has the softest games available.

kutuz_off
05-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Most important for me issue is - please deal faster, particularly in all-in situations.

Occasional HOSE (or SHOE) tournaments would be nice too. I'm not even asking for razz/HORSE anymore. How long has it been since Stars last introduced a new game into their lineup?

BadgerPro
05-10-2006, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Add a "Mulligan" tourney - each player gets a "Mulligan" card at the start of the tournament, which they can use one time during the tournament, to take back the river card actually dealt, and have a new river card dealt.

Speed up the card roll on all ins. It's glacial.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we playing golf now?

Dave D
05-10-2006, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would never work and would punish the many because of the few. A better option would be allowing everyone at the table to boot someone by vote, if they had timed out say 2 times in the last 20 minutes or something.

FakeKramer
05-10-2006, 06:10 PM
1. Lose the VIG in the micros. You guys can't possible make THAT much money off of it. Mb half a million a year? C'mon. Go back to the way it was.

2. $1 rebuy everynight at 00:00 EST would be hot.

3. Put the 20k 3r on Sundays!!

4. Like someone else said, some freezeouts with guaranteed prize pools would be awesome - and not just the $150. Maybe the 19:45 $10 with a 15k guarantee would be sexy and get really popular.

5. More FPPs for MTTers. I think 25FPPs/$1 is a little outrageous, but 10FPPs/$1 would be nice.

BadgerPro
05-10-2006, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this at all. So a tourney that starts at 9:45 gets break 15 minutes in?

zipppy
05-10-2006, 06:11 PM
I think there's probably a HUGE contigency of people that like a flatter payout.

Low buyin players usually don't play as much, so the frequency with which they'd FT a tourney is VERY low. since having a 20% payout impacts the FT the most, I think most low limiters enjoy having the flatter payout since they'll be ITM more frequently.

in summary, for low buyin players:
<font color="blue"> being ITM &gt; huge FT payouts </font>

zip

ps. I'm not saying it's what I would want, but I think it probably does draw in more people per tourney, and it keeps people playing on their deposit longer which is good for pstars.

FakeKramer
05-10-2006, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this at all. So a tourney that starts at 9:45 gets break 15 minutes in?

[/ QUOTE ]Actually, I'm going to have to side with Noah on this one. That's an amazing idea, IMO. I'd kill for 5 uninterrupted minutes off per hour every night.

NoahSD
05-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Stop using chip chops as the default deal and change it to ICM. You're making the deal process unfair for people who don't know about this and complicated for those that do.

Also, the contact support button at the final table is a great idea.

burningyen
05-10-2006, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
8) Skipping a BB should not be allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

zipppy
05-10-2006, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lee,

[/ QUOTE ]
Another great one. I have seen maybe 4 or 5... GREAT ideas so far. Maybe 3x buyin would be better at least, this would also help to fix the problem of the $200 winner basically running away with weekly TLB without Stars touching the structure. If they did this the winner of the 55K (1400 runners) would get 928pts rather than the 752 they get now. If it was 5x buyin (which is almost always the avg) it would net 1010 points for 1st.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Or perhaps the equation could use the total prize pool instead of the buyin (and obviously tweak how it's used).

kutuz_off
05-10-2006, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

2500 starting chips.
20 minute levels.
Some guarantee. (60k?)
Daily satellites.
Right now by far the best nightly big freezeout is on party... stars could take that away no problem if it introduces more players and a better structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

This change would turn away USA East Coast players who have jobs. It would work on Fridays though.

NoahSD
05-10-2006, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant.

Though is this one of those ideas that solely focuses on the utility of multi-tablers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why it would hurt single-tablers. The only thing that might be annoying is that tournaments starting right before the break would take 6 min to start or something. Stars could fix this by simply not having that happen (dunno if that's easy to program) or by just not having tournaments start then.

More ideas:

*Don't make the lobby pop up when the tournaments start; this takes up screen space and leads to misclicks and stuff.
*Put more info in the "info" tab for tournaments. It would be great if you could put the payout structure, but if that's too much, just add how much the current place pays, where the next payout jump is, and how much you get after the jump.

Someone suggested that you write somewhere on the actual table what tournament you're looking at. This is a great idea. I think just putting it on the title bar should be fine; some other sites do this already.

mikeymer
05-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Every tournament doesn't have to take 10+ hours, please do not change the stars tournies. The added levels are fine.

yellowdoyle
05-10-2006, 06:22 PM
There have been a couple of great suggestions so far, I will probably just be repeating what someone else has already said.

1) The Stars software and lobby (esp. lobby) is far superior to Party IMO. Also, I do not like the idea of the player always being seat 5 (similar to UB).

2) The 20% payouts are FAR too common. I don't mind them I suppose in general, but for every 10 tourny's I register only one is 20%. Please, reduce the number of 20% payouts, or maybe lower it to 15%.

3) More MTT sat's, the DS are unappealing to me and that seems to be the main option for satting into big events. The 3R is a decent sat, but I would love to see more 36+3 style sats. I also would like a Sat to the 162 available.

4) VERY important, label the top of the window with what tourny it is, i.e. $22 180 SNG or $11R. This would be fantastic.

5) I would not mind a 1 or 2 dollar rebuy, as long as it was not a 20%. The idea of 180 SNG rebuys is appealing, but not too important to me.

6) Player pause button at FT while waiting for support to arrive.

7) The double rebuy button and Auto Add On would be nice.

8) I am not sure how this would fly, but maybe slightly flatter payouts at the FT. (This may sound weird coming from someone who dislikes the 20%). Sometimes the difference between first and ninth is tremendous, and just a slight flattening would improve this a bit IMO. But this is doubtful I am sure.

9) To repeat, more MTT sats (esp. freezeouts).

Lee, I used to play exclusively on Party and then I discovered Stars, and I now play 99% on Stars. Keep up the good work, and a few of these improvements would really be the icing on the cake. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

NoahSD
05-10-2006, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that it has some problems, but I think the benefits far outweigh them. Multitabling MTTs right now on stars takes a solid ~4 hour block in which leaving your computer costs money.

Plus, presumably Stars could get around this by not having the break unless the tourney's been going for more than a half hour.

tedtodd
05-10-2006, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think there's probably a HUGE contigency of people that like a flatter payout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flatter payout is good. I've finished ITM so many times, and end up coming away with such a low hourly rate.

Atleast extend it out to the final 2 tables.

Ansky
05-10-2006, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dave,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are ya'll saying you LIKE not having a filter to filter out the various junk tourneys you have no interest in? That's all I'm basically asking for, in the lobby screen on stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have said that you think stars loses business to party because it has a worse layout. I am saying that it has a better layout. Obviously, there are kinks.

Oh, and what the f are you talking about? There IS a filter on stars, and it's much better than party.

FakeKramer
05-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Oooooh. Maybe instead of a scheduled 1r, just add 180man 1rs. Though that would definetly cut down on the popularity of the 4/180s. :-/

Rick Diesel
05-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Can we get some MTTs with buy-ins between the $50 and $100 range?

Also how about different buy-ins for the satellites? Like how about a $22+2, non-rebuy to the Sunday $215?

yellowdoyle
05-10-2006, 06:41 PM
A 180 man 1r...how long would this take you guys think? I would be in at least 10 buyins, so it could take quite some time to finish. And if it was 10 buyins each, the FT payouts still would not be that great.

iSTRONG
05-10-2006, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolutely brilliant. I love it.

the jerk
what about 20% ITM gets paid on the $4 tournaments

stanek
Idea regarding PS slide bar

Frequently I am under the situation where I would like to raise 2.5X the BB. As it stands right now the only way to do that is to type in the amount manually.

I suggest that right clicking the mouse to the side of the slide bar add bets in increments of half the BB. That way to raise 2.5XBB you'd left click twice and right click once at a spot to the right of the slide bet bar. As it stands now the right mouse button has no effect on the betting and there is no possible way to raise the slide bar in incidents other than the BB.

I know it is possible to raise any amount that you wish but the vast majority of people won't because I don't think anyone wants to type in the value every single time they want to bet. Also its very impractical for many who are multi-tabling. I think this would open up a few new doors in the preflop betting stages and allow for a slightly new style of play. I see it getting its most use nearing the end of the tournament when blinds are huge relative to stack size.

NoahSD
05-10-2006, 06:43 PM
BTW,
Thanks Justin for setting this up, and Lee Jones for listening to us.

Str8 Baller
05-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Please let us change our names once in a while, every six months or so, maybe with a new avatar.

As said before guarenteed freezeouts would be the best (esp. $11 20K's and $22 40Ks, those are pretty much the only reason I play on Party).

Also as said before, deal the cards faster.

I say eliminate 20% payout, I think larger payouts in the top three will attract more players to lower limits.

Keep up the good work!

Rooger
05-10-2006, 06:45 PM
What I'd really love, was for Stars to get a license in the EU, so us Danes (and other scandinavian countries if I remember correctly) would have tax-free winnings. As it is now, I'm playing on Party only because of this. But I guess we're too small a fraction for Stars to care about it.

zipppy
05-10-2006, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-have more large weekend tourneys (200k 500k 1mil for Fri, Sat, Sun)

- more rebuy tourneys in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people are mentioning more tourneys. Unfortunately sites cannot simply add more tourneys to the schedule...if pstars did this, each individual tourney would have less people. Just something to consider as we make suggestions...

zipppy
05-10-2006, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW,
Thanks Justin for setting this up, and Lee Jones for listening to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Also, stars is clearly the best site, IMO.

Thanks, Zipppy

A_Junglen
05-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Kill the 4/180's.

zipppy
05-10-2006, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kill the 4/180's.

[/ QUOTE ]

porque?

NoahSD
05-10-2006, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kill A_Junglen

[/ QUOTE ]

A_Junglen
05-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Fulltilt has a feature where, at the start of a Single table tournament (SNG or Heads up) each player has the option to click "I'm Ready". If everyone clicks it, then the minute or so before the tournament starts is eliminated and the cards are dealt immidately. I think that would be cool.

Instead of tournament number at the top of each table window, have it say the buyin.

Again, HORSE or HOSE/SHOE would really be great, especially with the WCOOP coming up.

DanFred2010
05-10-2006, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TomHimself
[ QUOTE ]
Idea regarding PS slide bar

Frequently I am under the situation where I would like to raise 2.5X the BB. As it stands right now the only way to do that is to type in the amount manually.

I suggest that right clicking the mouse to the side of the slide bar add bets in increments of half the BB. That way to raise 2.5XBB you'd left click twice and right click once at a spot to the right of the slide bet bar. As it stands now the right mouse button has no effect on the betting and there is no possible way to raise the slide bar in incidents other than the BB.

I know it is possible to raise any amount that you wish but the vast majority of people won't because I don't think anyone wants to type in the value every single time they want to bet. Also its very impractical for many who are multi-tabling. I think this would open up a few new doors in the preflop betting stages and allow for a slightly new style of play. I see it getting its most use nearing the end of the tournament when blinds are huge relative to stack size.

[/ QUOTE ]

NHFunkii
[ QUOTE ]
Wish I'd found this earlier... now I'm burried at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this idea.

Also, to reiterate - double rebuy button, auto-addon option, satellites to the nightly $150, redo tlb (I know you're working on this, just gonna throw out some support for it)

also, reward monthly tlb winners. The top 100 satellites are excellent but right now there's no motivation to actually win the monthly leaderboard which is significantly harder than winning the weekly leaderboard, but with less incentive.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

BadLieutenant
05-10-2006, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kill A_Junglen

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A_Junglen
05-10-2006, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kill A_Junglen

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

.......WAIT A MINUTE!!!

NoahSD
05-10-2006, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kill A_Junglen

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

.......WAIT A MINUTE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

After May of course /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

dmk
05-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Dear Lee Jones,

Any way we can get a WCOOP type event more than once a year? I think you could easily pull off something every quarter.

Derek

Caldarooni
05-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Lee,

When will Stars release the WSOP tournaments that can be entered with W$?

Dave D
05-10-2006, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dave,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have said that you think stars loses business to party because it has a worse layout. I am saying that it has a better layout. Obviously, there are kinks.

Oh, and what the f are you talking about? There IS a filter on stars, and it's much better than party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, let me be real specific.

With tournaments:

You can't filter to "just holdem" (you can on party). You can't filter to "just rebuys" (you can on party), or "just regular" etc (you can on party). Also their definition of "low/medium/high" buy ins are arbitrary. I'd liek to be able to type that in, or be able to select a range myself. On party, I can see all the 10-50 buy ins, just by sliding a bar.

Can't select the running/finished/announced/registering tabs individually. You can on party.

With limit:

You can't seperate the 1/2 for example, from everything else. On Party, you can.

With SnGs:

You can't seperate the PL from the NL. On Party, you can.

Geez Ansky, work with me here.

Ansky
05-10-2006, 07:07 PM
I don't think any of that matters... very much at all.

tubasteve
05-10-2006, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think any of that matters... very much at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you can filter by just rebuys, and just regular, and just satellites. And there aren't really enough non-Holdem tournaments running for me to get too worried about that filter, at least not in MTTs.

A_PLUS
05-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Lots of great ideas so far:
-double rebuy obviously
-show winning hand option on table
-show 'away' players chip stacks
-show blind level, time left, and buy-in on the table somewhere
-centering option so player can always sit on bottom
-for the love of god speed up the turn and river cards (I think this is where the 'riverstars' myth comes from, other sites, you dont have time to recalculate your odds on each street.
-add a "make a deal" button and status for FT (like party)
-add a service for a comprehensive delivery of user's stats through the lobby. Maybe charge FPPs, or a small fee if necessary. It would cause a lot of people to play more exclusively at stars, especially when they arent on their main PC (without poker tracker).

Give the support team a bonus, I actually like other sites software better, but I play at stars b/c of support, 180 man SNGS, and b/c Jurollo somehow brainwashed into it.

Lotsa Luck
05-10-2006, 07:16 PM
I would like to change my screen name.
10 seat STT's

Ansky
05-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Lee Jones,

One thing that I dont neccessarily (will I ever spell that right?) think needs to change, but maybe it does, is the 1 hour registering window. Most sites let you register several hours in advance for a tournament, but only 1 hour for all but the biggest events at stars. I'm just curious why this is the case for pokerstars, and is there any plans to change that? When I start up my tables for the night, I like to be able to register for everything so I don't have to worry about doing it anymore later in the night.

Sparta45
05-10-2006, 07:18 PM
More short-handed turbo's would be great. The ONLY buy-in for the 6 person SNG's (if you want a turbo) is the 119's. What about some 38 turbo's or 55 turbo's (for the 6 handed games). Thanks

KOTLP
05-10-2006, 07:26 PM
The first few are minor things I prefer about Full Tilt:

- scroll lock on chat window
- ability to open chat in separate resizable window
- hand history brings up a table image so at a glance you can see mucked cards (rather than scrolling through the text only window)
- find player takes you directly to the tournament table (and a generally more friendly find player feature would be great, esp a buddy list)
- ditch the annoying no all-in protection alert when a tournament starts.

I would also prefer more if not all 10% payouts.

Love the $1 rebuy idea.

SinPies
05-10-2006, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hand history brings up a table image so at a glance you can see mucked cards (rather than scrolling through the text only window)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I love this feature on FT.

XonE
05-10-2006, 08:00 PM
$20 90 men SnG would be good.
Also, I play lots of $12+1 6 men SnG's, and I would like to move up a level.. but only thing available is $35+3 6 men! How about $24+2 for ppl who can't afford $35+3?

Also, more variety of tournaments during late hours / early morning would be great.

Ansky
05-10-2006, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hand history brings up a table image so at a glance you can see mucked cards (rather than scrolling through the text only window)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could just use pokerace.

sirio11
05-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Lee,

It's really, really annoying when I'm chating in Messenger, writing my blog, an article in word or whatever; and the Stars window force me to stop writing there and continue writing in the Stars window. I like the way Party windows just tell you it's your time to act without forcing you to change windows.

Ansky
05-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Sirio,

You can't expect stars to change something like that. That is like automatically slowing their games down by a noticable % and therefore losing millions upon millions in rake.

However, there is a plugin thingy you can dl for windows that turns that off, called TweakUI or something like that. N 82 just DLed it for me today.

sandycove
05-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Small beans: Table mods? Great. Better graphic card selection? Great. No chip trey? Great? All stacks always visible? Great.

Very-small-bean cosmetics found elsewhere: The cards you had. The best hand you have.

Not-so-small beans: I’d like to pick my own STT seat. I know you’re going to start dealing faster. I hope you are going to put excessive multi-tablers under increased time pressure. Wouldn’t take much to tweak the system into a fairer equilibrium. I am conflicted on observer chat. Bet you are, too.

I understand your events budget is your primary marketing tool, but there are those of us who would prefer more frequent bonus opportunities to pie-in-the-sky extravaganzas. And, please, not another dime for more of the usual suspects on television. Kill the Phil’s. All of them.

Cheers for listening. You’re the best…

Ansky
05-10-2006, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Small beans: Table mods? Great. Better graphic card selection? Great. No chip trey? Great? All stacks always visible? Great.

Very-small-bean cosmetics found elsewhere: The cards you had. The best hand you have.

Not-so-small beans: I’d like to pick my own STT seat. I know you’re going to start dealing faster. I hope you are going to put excessive multi-tablers under increased time pressure. Wouldn’t take much to tweak the system into a fairer equilibrium. I am conflicted on observer chat. Bet you are, too.

I understand your events budget is your primary marketing tool, but there are those of us who would prefer more frequent bonus opportunities to pie-in-the-sky extravaganzas. And, please, not another dime for more of the usual suspects on television. Kill the Phil’s. All of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one very confused by most of this post?

NHFunkii
05-10-2006, 08:46 PM
nope.

zipppy
05-10-2006, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Foucault
05-10-2006, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one very confused by most of this post?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a black thing.

KOTLP
05-10-2006, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could just use pokerace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if you use pokerace, it's still useful. You might be viewing another table or whatnot and miss the instant display. Or you might want to quickly glance through previous hands (I do this often after being away from the table).

JayTee
05-10-2006, 09:17 PM
On rebuys:

- Reduce the amount of time that players have to act during the first hour.

- Double rebuy button

- All in button

- 10 minute levels (at least during the first hour)

- $1r 180 man with 10minute levels cancel the 4/180 and run these all day

kutuz_off
05-10-2006, 09:21 PM
In turbos, reduce the time bank. In R+A tournaments, don't turn the time bank on when a person considers whether or not to rebuy.

gh171104
05-10-2006, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this idea. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! It would be wonderful to see 10% payout in the $3 rebuy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

M.B.E.
05-10-2006, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In turbos, reduce the time bank.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't reduce the time bank, but reduce the time that players have before their time bank is activated. Currently players get 25 seconds per hand plus a 30 second time bank. Change that to 10 seconds per hand plus a 60 second time bank and the tournament would really be "turbo" -- not glacial -- in the last fifteen minutes.

Also hand-for-hand should begin earlier on all satellite tournaments. With fewer than 50 ITM, h4h should begin five before the bubble, then increasing on a sliding scale. (e.g. with 70 to 79 ITM, h4h should begin eight before the bubble).

Punker
05-10-2006, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an option in the IHH screen called "Show Summary Only" - this cuts down the information displayed to just the end, making it easy to see the mucked hands without scrolling.

costanza_g
05-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Ummm, is Lee going to answer any of these questions?

M.B.E.
05-10-2006, 10:46 PM
I agree with most of the suggestions so far, but some suggestions I don't agree with:

-Changes to how the slider bar functions. It's too late for me to get used to something new. If you do make changes, there needs to be a user-preference option to retain the old way it functioned.

-Changes to the blind structure of the $162 tourney. For a weeknight tournament, it has to end at a reasonable hour. (More important, it has to get down to the final three tables at a reasonable hour.) Maybe increase the starting stacks to 2000, but don't shorten the length of levels or insert new intermediate blind levels.

-Changing the speed cards are dealt in all-in situations. Frankly I like the TV-style suspense, and I think the fish like it too.

KOTLP
05-10-2006, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an option in the IHH screen called "Show Summary Only" - this cuts down the information displayed to just the end, making it easy to see the mucked hands without scrolling.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that definiately helps. Would be nice if the summary box would stick if you close and reopen the hand history window. Full Tilt's hand history is still way slicker and more convenient.

M.B.E.
05-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Fix the vanished-chat problem. It's by far the most frustrating thing about playing tournaments on PokerStars.

If chat needs to be prohibited when someone is allin, then anything you type during that time should be stored and then displayed when it is safe.

La Brujita
05-10-2006, 10:57 PM
My very minor two cents:

1. qualifiers to the daily 162
2. change the daily 162 to 215
3. add more big limit tourneys and promote em
4. don't have 1 minute pauses till the start of sit and gos (do they do this for all sit and gos?) especially hu sit and gos.
5. add limit 1 table satellites to bigger tourneys, like party has

M.B.E.
05-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Hand histories for tournament hands could provide more context. I'd like to see each hand history include the number of players remaining in the tournament.

Other data it could include are the total chips in play and the current rank of each player at the table (or in the alternative, the current rank of just the player requesting the hand history).

TomHimself
05-10-2006, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fix the vanished-chat problem. It's by far the most frustrating thing about playing tournaments on PokerStars.

If chat needs to be prohibited when someone is allin, then anything you type during that time should be stored and then displayed when it is safe.

[/ QUOTE ]

FGators
05-10-2006, 11:04 PM
$50/180 mans is a tremendous idea.

Also more $1-$10 10% payout structures like the good old days. Maybe 4 days a week 20%, 3 days a week 10%.

M.B.E.
05-10-2006, 11:07 PM
For all shootout events, time banks should be reset on each round. This is especially important for heads-up shootouts, since both players ought to be on equal footing.

For other MTTs, time banks should be reset at the final table.

MasterE569
05-10-2006, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd love to see the tournament listings be a little friendlier. I'm a low-buyin player and it would be great to be able to "flag" or filter the tournaments I like to play (in my case $1 to $5 MTTs) and see them all in one place. Party has a filtering mechanism which is pretty good, but I'm sure Stars can do better.

And I agree with all the posts that end with "keep up the good work."

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]Stars has this, u simply choose the tourney type then it displays levels such as high, medium and low. Look right under turny button

MasterE569
05-10-2006, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this structure and 2nd this idea

FGators
05-10-2006, 11:14 PM
I think we should be able to change our avatar every month. Whats the real problem with this? My avatar is lame now and wont be able to be changed.

Andykay
05-10-2006, 11:17 PM
I LOVE the idea of moving, or at least having a separate, high buyin event on saturdays. I'm from australia, and the 1mil guarunteed is on at 6am monday for me, so unless it's a public holiday or I take the monday off I have no chance of playing in it. Europeans and anyone outside of the states must have similar troubles.

I'd even happily stay up if it wound up being on sunday night or whatever, but having a big tournament with satellites that non-americans can play in over a weekend would be a big bonus.

Also, a $1 rebuy is a great idea. Pokerroom had one (maybe still do?) and I bought in about 20 times. It was great. A lot of fun for the first hour. You'd get a ton of interest in these.

-Andrew

MasterE569
05-10-2006, 11:18 PM
I would personally like to see more 1 rebuy+ 1 add on turnys. They lead to nice pots and negate the crazy rebuyers factor(some of us cant afford this). Spread them out at the very least, friday and saturday at 9 kills my social life on campus!

M.B.E.
05-10-2006, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In tournaments, don't even use the "sitting out" indicator. It's better that others at the table don't know whether a player is sitting out unless they are paying close attention. And even if they are paying close attention, they won't know when the player has returned.

Making this modification would reduce the advantage accruing to other players at that table (vis-à-vis players at other tables).

McMelchior
05-10-2006, 11:40 PM
It's only been mentioned twice, so I'll hawk the idea again:

Let us sign up for tournaments at least 12 hours in advance. There's no end to the amount of times I've scrambled home from work through New York traffic just to find I was 90 seconds too late to sign up for the $5 re-buy. I'd be happy to sign up in the morning ... should plans change it doesn't really matter if I lose the original $5.50.

Alternately a web based sign-up would be fantastic, but I guess that's too much to ask for.

Ansky
05-10-2006, 11:42 PM
You can email them to preregister.

M.B.E.
05-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Support should have options to use encryption and/or digital signatures in email.

If you have selected the option for digital signatures, then Support would disregard any email purporting to be from you that is not digitally signed.

Ideally they would have a system that used the OpenPGP standard (http://gpg4win.org/index.html), but an alternative like Ciphire (https://www.ciphire.com/) would be another option.

whiskeytown
05-11-2006, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this structure and 2nd this idea

[/ QUOTE ]

I third it - let's bring it to a vote - anything below 5.50 is fine, but come on, anything else and it's not worth it -

of course, I just transitioned up to the $10 tourneys and kicked ass there and will continue to kick ass - so no worries.

RB

BlackAndRed
05-11-2006, 12:09 AM
First of all, thank you for running a site of high quality and integrity. My suggestions:

- I like to 4-table non-satelite MTTs of $10-25 buyin. Since the 4+.40s arrived, it often takes an hour or more for me to fill up with 4 tables - the 20/180s usually run every 30 minutes except right at peak time. Any way of increasing the frequency of these tournaments would be great.

- More $10 MTTs. Right now these are rare, there's the 7:45, but that's about it. $10 is an excellent denomination - mid-level players like myself aren't wasting our time (like in the $4+.40), and recreational players are much more comfortable with $11 then with $22. It's also my observation that many rec players who would be playing $10-20 are instead playing at $4+.40. Perhaps a 180 or 360 player 10$ at 10 pm? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

schwah
05-11-2006, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Lee Jones,

Any way we can get a WCOOP type event more than once a year? I think you could easily pull off something every quarter.

Derek

[/ QUOTE ]

sirio11
05-11-2006, 12:17 AM
Lee, exactly how many 8's am I allow to write in a PokerStars window?

Is a J or a K more offensive than an 8?

Respectfully, David

Hello sirio11,

We have received a complaint regarding your "spamming" of the chat window with repetitive or inappropriate chat. I have reviewed the chat log and did find such chat from you, listed below.

We must ask you to refrain from flooding or spamming the tables in the future, or we will be forced to remove your chat privileges.

Regards,

Marlene
PokerStars Support Team

---
51163757 sirio11 888 Observer 5/10/2006 7:47:12 PM
51163757 sirio11 8 Observer 5/10/2006 7:47:13 PM
51163757 sirio11 8 Observer 5/10/2006 7:47:14 PM

KneeCo
05-11-2006, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In tournaments, don't even use the "sitting out" indicator. It's better that others at the table don't know whether a player is sitting out unless they are paying close attention. And even if they are paying close attention, they won't know when the player has returned.

Making this modification would reduce the advantage accruing to other players at that table (vis-à-vis players at other tables).

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like this idea.

JSchnett
05-11-2006, 12:29 AM
make late registration run for 15 minutes on the $100/$50 rebuy

jd2b2006
05-11-2006, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think we should be able to change our avatar every month. Whats the real problem with this? My avatar is lame now and wont be able to be changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

MasterE569
05-11-2006, 12:31 AM
How about a buddy list type feature so you can see where your friends are on pokerstars with out looking them up in find a player all the time

tubasteve
05-11-2006, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How about a buddy list type feature so you can see where your friends are on pokerstars with out looking them up in find a player all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea. When are we getting resizeable windows!?!??!11

gumpzilla
05-11-2006, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
L
---
51163757 sirio11 888 Observer 5/10/2006 7:47:12 PM
51163757 sirio11 8 Observer 5/10/2006 7:47:14 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be sad at all about never seeing things like this again. While I guess it's lame that somebody reported you to The Man, I've always thought this was kind of obnoxious to begin with, and I think it's funny that this seemed to bother you enough that you felt the need to post it in this thread.

madbeetz
05-11-2006, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, add a guarantee to the nightly $150 and run some satellites to it. It'll become a great tournament.

This is also a huge suggestion, but why not add the 'new' structure to all the tournaments on pstars? It's a great structure.

2500 starting chips.
20 minute levels.
Some guarantee. (60k?)
Daily satellites.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3
plsplsplsplsplspls

beenben
05-11-2006, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or a popup or something. There is nothing worse than forgetting to add on because you are distracted and forget to check back after all tables have finished their hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

beenben
05-11-2006, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ability to sign up for tournaments more than one hour in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. (But BTW, email support@pokerstars.com with detailed information about what you want to register for (e.g. tournament number, starting time, dollar amount) and they will pre-register you).

beenben
05-11-2006, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
- All in button

[/ QUOTE ]

with due respect, bad idea due to misclicks

AntonHeat
05-11-2006, 01:13 AM
Add HU Cash Tables, the 2c 4c is a good start. but higher ones would rock !

beenben
05-11-2006, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no.

[/ QUOTE ]

reason- people due dumb fecal matter like commenting on the current hand -"dude, you have to call!!"

beenben
05-11-2006, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kill the 4/180's.

[/ QUOTE ] - I vote no thanks.

beenben
05-11-2006, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto

sirio11
05-11-2006, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be sad at all about never seeing things like this again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither

[ QUOTE ]
I've always thought this was kind of obnoxious to begin with

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't, but I can see your point, so if Stars want to enforce this, it's fine with me.

[ QUOTE ]
and I think it's funny that this seemed to bother you enough that you felt the need to post it in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I just found it funny; this thread is titled "ask Lee Jones"; so I asked him a legitimate question, BTW Stars support already answered it. They said 3 8's are enough, so from now on when rooting for a card, I'm just typing 3 times, I can do that.

The funny thing it's YOU felt the need to response to my post. Using your logic, Did my post bother you?

tr3cool
05-11-2006, 02:01 AM
I don't really have the time to read all the posts so my idea might have been already mentioned but here it goes anyway:

The possibility of you to show the hand that you are gonna fold, so it would be like this, you click fold then in that time that the winner has to show the hand you would have the time also, so you can choose to show by clicking on the button.

Thats good enough, but showing one card would be cool too like you do when you are playing live, so when you click fold 2 buttons apear with the picture of each card then you click on the one that you wanna show.

The second idea is kinda of over the top hehe so just consider the first one.

NoahSD
05-11-2006, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt many 2+2ers support this. It'd be pretty easy to miss that somebody's sitting out while multitabling, and it's a big deal.

NoahSD
05-11-2006, 02:05 AM
I'd really enjoy checking in the dark/showing one card/showing folded cards and stuff, but I don't think they should be anywhere near as high a priority as a lot of the other things mentioned.

Fredrik
05-11-2006, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What I'd really love, was for Stars to get a license in the EU, so us Danes and Swedes would have tax-free winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will help me when I become a winning player.

FeNeF
05-11-2006, 03:43 AM
Turbo 180 man SnGs sound awesome.

tubasteve
05-11-2006, 03:49 AM
I started an initiative for 10+1 speed mtt sngs a while ago here and emailed Lee. Here's a link:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...&amp;PHPSESSID= (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=tourn&amp;Number=5380664&amp;fpar t=&amp;PHPSESSID=)

Jeremy517
05-11-2006, 03:52 AM
At each break in an MTT, add a little time (10 seconds?) to players' time banks, up to the maximum of 60 seconds total.

bookish
05-11-2006, 04:03 AM
I'd echo the request for more $10(or similar) MTTs. As a European player, I find there are many more suitable MTTs at peak time for me on the crypto sites, rather than Stars. I think things pick up later on as you Americans start playing in the evening but its just too late ...

I'm not hugely concerned with a large number of players (&gt;100 is fine) but there never seem to be any when I sit down.

cameronw01
05-11-2006, 04:08 AM
I don't know which MTTs this is found in, but I assume all but the biggest, in any case my complaint comes from the 180 man SnGs.

Between the 100/200/xx and 200/400/xx level I think there should be a 150/300/xx. At this stage the jump always seems to get me.

maddo
05-11-2006, 04:52 AM
I'd like to have a separate window (like Instant HH) for 'friends', like UB's buddy list.

FBP
05-11-2006, 05:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
More freezout/rebuyqualifiers to the bigger Stars tournaments please.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

KILL DSO PLZ!!! Too many of them, if you're European you may as well hang yourself because there is like 1 playable sat per day for the 215.

JoaoPinto
05-11-2006, 05:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this idea. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! It would be wonderful to see 10% payout in the $3 rebuy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Showing my support for this idea as well. The payout outside the final table for this tournament is frustrating. 243rd gets you $20 and 28th gets you $40. The time difference between those two places is about 2-3 hours. Also it should be $15,000g as I've not seen the prize pool go below 18,000. On weekends it breaks 20. Maybe that extra juice could see it break 20,000 every night?

Also I'd like to ask about getting a good tournament for 7.30pm - 9.30pm European time. That is the optimal time we europeans can play. A $10 re buy would be perfect. The $10/$20 freezouts that occasionally run at those times get 400-500 so a $10 re buy $10,000-$20,000g would be a huge success IMO. As it stands europeans don't have a nightly juicy tournament on stars. 7.30pm - 9.30pm we are lucky if we've got 1 standard freezout. Poker room offer a $50 freezout 10,000g and Party a $5 $15kg and a $33 $35kg.

Other Europeans unite!! We need a top class tournament in our time zone on Stars!

Spellcast
05-11-2006, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, all you need to do is email Stars and they will allow a change, just be nice.

CMcEvoy
05-11-2006, 08:54 AM
I am not sure if this has been covered yet because I don't have time to read every single post.

I find it kind of iritating that when you block someones chat, it just puts **** in place of what they said. This enables them to still scroll the screen with useless stuff.

An option such as block chat should not scroll anything from that person.

This is a little thing, but I only have to use block when it is getting really annoying. Even then it doesn't really do the job.

Borknagar
05-11-2006, 09:15 AM
I live in Europe and I'd like to see some tournaments that start in the middle of the night (for Americans), like between 3AM and 6AM ET.
Partypoker does this with great succes. at 3:20AM they have a 10k guaranteed which always fills up, an hour later they have a $40, then a $20 speed, then a $30 tournament. Why doesn't Pokerstars have anything to offer?

DuncanNeverski
05-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Lee,

I'm primarily a Heads Up player and one thing that I'd love to see is an option to select "Play again" that would auto-register me with the same opponent (if he selects it too).

Another thing, which people have mentioned, is an option to skip the one minute stall before the games.

Selecting which side of the table I am on, although not that important, would be nice too.

Duncan

sixfour
05-11-2006, 09:51 AM
More micro/low level PL or NL O8 tourneys.

Basilvdk
05-11-2006, 10:16 AM
A couple of suggestions from my point of view, not sure if others will agree:

1) How about an integrated stat tracking software,like poker tracker. Something a little more complex than what you have now. I think you'd see a lot of new serious players signing up just for that.

2)I like the idea of 5 minute breaks at the end of every hour, even for STTs also. Just make it so it doesn't happen within the first, say, 15 minutes of a new event.

3) I'd love to see the Hand History and chat log follow players from one table to another in MTTs. Someone busts out, then boom, you're moved, and no chance to see any history or for last comments.

4) When a player goes all-in, I'd love to see chat enabled when there's only one other player left to act. So when it gets down to heads up, and it's decision time, allow the player all-in and the player deciding to chat with each other, but no comments from the rest of the players.

Spellcast
05-11-2006, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3) I'd love to see the Hand History and chat log follow players from one table to another in MTTs. Someone busts out, then boom, you're moved, and no chance to see any history or for last comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can see the history for past tables in the instant hand history, just select the table from the drop down menu when you open up the instant hh.

nath
05-11-2006, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lee,

I'm primarily a Heads Up player and one thing that I'd love to see is an option to select "Play again" that would auto-register me with the same opponent (if he selects it too).

Another thing, which people have mentioned, is an option to skip the one minute stall before the games.

Selecting which side of the table I am on, although not that important, would be nice too.

Duncan

[/ QUOTE ]

An option to directly challenge someone HU would be nice, unless I'm a moron and haven't found it before. If I want to play a HU SnG against someone it often involves doing the "readysetgo" dance in the tourney lobby.

Melchiades
05-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Mostly repeating what others have said:

1. Sats to the 150.
2. Buddy list.
3. Rid of 20%.
4. Double rebuy button.

Minor annoyance. When I type out something in chat and press enter after someone went all in. The text goes away and I have to type it out again.

Basilvdk
05-11-2006, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You can see the history for past tables in the instant hand history, just select the table from the drop down menu when you open up the instant hh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Sweet, I never noticed that before. I'll check it out tonight. Thanks!

rockin
05-11-2006, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Sweet, I never noticed that before. I'll check it out tonight. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Their is a dropdown for it, but it can be a major pain in the butt when you are multi-tabling and all the tables you have been on in the past so many hours are on the dropdown, even every time you get moved to a new table. So, if you are multi-tabling 6 tournies and get moved in each 3 times you will have 24 tables to weed through to find the one you are looking for the HH on (when your MT'ing, it's not ez to locate quickly). I think it still shows HH's on the dropdown of tournies you've been knocked out of also (not sure), and if that's the case instead of 24 tables, you now have 36 tables to weed through.

A_Junglen
05-11-2006, 11:17 AM
We should be able to use FPP's to have pizza delivered to our house. About 750fpp?

gcDanno
05-11-2006, 11:27 AM
1. I would love to be able to earn back my time bank that was emptied by a disconnect. Something like 5 or 10 seconds for each hour of the MTT up to the max of 60 seconds.

2. Definitly an auto-rebuy (double) / addon feature. More than once i've been disconnected after all in during the rebuy phase, only to find out that i had lost the hand and was timed out of the rebuy feature and therefore out of the tournament.

gc

MasterE569
05-11-2006, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know which MTTs this is found in, but I assume all but the biggest, in any case my complaint comes from the 180 man SnGs.

Between the 100/200/xx and 200/400/xx level I think there should be a 150/300/xx. At this stage the jump always seems to get me.

[/ QUOTE ] I second this or third it for I saw a post similar to this earlier.

rockin
05-11-2006, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I second this or third it for I saw a post similar to this earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it going to the 400 level. This is where people start dropping off more rapidly.

ripptyde
05-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Is Lee even reading this thread ?

not a single reply or comment yet

Oh and my 2 bits...

GET RID of the 20% tourneys
add a $25.00 (45) player version to the existing $11+1's
add a $1.00 r/a tourney...(this would be POPULAR)
eliminate runner runner flushes
no more 2 outters

rockin
05-11-2006, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Lee even reading this thread ?

not a single reply or comment yet

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? you didn't know that Lee Jones = Jurollo. They are one and the same. I thought everyone knew that.

McMelchior
05-11-2006, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
GET RID of the 20% tourneys

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the 20% percent tournaments, and I'd be sad to see them go. I believe they keep the truly poor players happy and coming back (since their chances of ever cashing with all 10% are near zill). These players are hands down those I'm making my money from.

If you don't like the 20%s you can play a level where there's only 10% pay-out.

If you're not rolled for that maybe you should reconsider your position /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)

Indiana
05-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Ok Lee. Why no Badugi on the site???? Will we ever see this totally awesome game or will I have to go over to Doyle's Room to play it?

Thanks, and you rock,

Indy

burningyen
05-11-2006, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with most of the suggestions so far, but some suggestions I don't agree with:

-Changing the speed cards are dealt in all-in situations. Frankly I like the TV-style suspense, and I think the fish like it too.

[/ QUOTE ]
But do you at least agree that speeding up the deal would have the effect of slowing down MTT structures (more hands per level) without making MTTs longer and would allow cash game players to make more $/hr? Do you think those factors are outweighed by the dramatic suspense factor?

Jurollo
05-11-2006, 02:52 PM
In case you didnt realize Lee is EXTREMELY busy. He has assured me he will look through here and answer a few questions. Anyone want to scroll through here and post the most common responses? I can pin it in the top and bold it up at the bottom too for when he stops by.
~Justin

Also, give TLB for the $50/90s, they will fill up quicker.
~Justin

Masquerade
05-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Every day at 3pm Eastern time there is a $50 Holdem tourney. When it's NL it gets 300 entrants but when it's Pot Limit it struggles to reach 100. PL just isnt that popular - can't it have its own schedule and not interleave with NL tourneys.

Jurollo
05-11-2006, 03:05 PM
the 3pm PLHE is my favorite tourney on the net.
~Justin

TxDozerMan
05-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Most common requests:

1) There are too many DS sats and turbo sats, need more MTT sats, $10/15 freezout sat to $215 and $30/40 freezout sat to $650.

2) FT option to request support and pause the tournament if players unanimously agree.

3) kill 20% payouts

4) double re-buy button/auto add-on button

5) pre-register 12 hours prior to tournaments

6) $1 rebuy

7) $50/180 SNGs

8) guaranteed payouts on some freezeouts

9) Satellites to the 9:10 150 and a deeper structure for it

10) single table qualifiers to the bigger Stars tournaments

11) Speed up the deal (no pause for turn/river in all in situations)

12) Fold-and-show button. Option to show one card.

13) new games...razz, draw, horse, shoe

14) big tourney on saturdays (from euros)

15) Please consider changing the calculation of TLBs for rebuy tournaments to reflect the average buyin

16) Slider should be settable to within 1/2,1/3,1/4 of a BB. A secondary minislider (from 0 to 1) would even be better. (convenience)

17) Provide optional accounting for users including all the metrics that we are "entering" manually onto a spreadsheet (the exitonly spreadsheet). You have all this info readily available in electronic form. I'd pay for it on a monthly basis.

18) I think it'd make multitabling a lot easier if you synched up the breaks in MTTs. Just have the breaks at the turn of every hour. That way, multitablers can have 5 min off every hour

19) VERY important, label the top of the window with what tourny it is, i.e. $22 180 SNG or $11R. This would be fantastic.

20) hand history brings up a table image so at a glance you can see mucked cards (rather than scrolling through the text only window) (it works this way at Full Tilt)

21) If chat needs to be prohibited when someone is allin, then anything you type during that time should be stored and then displayed when it is safe.

22) An option to directly challenge someone HU would be nice. If I want to play a HU SnG against someone it often involves doing the "readysetgo" dance in the tourney lobby.

23) I would love to be able to earn back my time bank that was emptied by a disconnect. Something like 5 or 10 seconds for each hour of the MTT up to the max of 60 seconds

24) put a 150/300 blind level between the 100/200 and 200/400 in all tourneys

I know I missed some, but here is a quick combined list that includes the most common requests.

Jurollo
05-11-2006, 04:03 PM
TY TY TY

ADBjester
05-11-2006, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ok, let me be real specific.

With tournaments:

You can't filter to "just holdem" (you can on party).

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you can bring all the holdem to the top. Right-click on the header bar (i.e. on "ID" for advanced, multi-field sorting.

[ QUOTE ]

You can't filter to "just rebuys" ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can. Third level tab. "Tourney -&gt; Regular -&gt; Rebuys."

[ QUOTE ]
With SnGs:

You can't seperate the PL from the NL. On Party, you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can. See above, regarding advanced, multi-field sorting, or for a writeup of this feature see the December 18th entry on the PokerStars blog:

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/2005_12_01_pokerstarsblog_archive.html

Jeff

burningyen
05-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Nice work. A few people mentioned the 100/200 to 200/400 jump in blinds.

smartalecc5
05-11-2006, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$25-2 Turbo 180 Man Sit N Goes

More turbo mtts in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Foucault
05-11-2006, 04:40 PM
How complicated would it be to set up a hand history replayer? I know nothing about programming, but it seems like since Stars occasionally replays tournaments, they must have some kind of architecture for this in place already. Would it be prohibitively difficult to make this available to players? Looking over text HH's is BRUTAL, watching them (possibly with fast forward option!) would be sweet.

If Pacific can do it, surely Stars can do it....

kutuz_off
05-11-2006, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most common requests:

1) There are too many DS sats and turbo sats, need more MTT sats, $10/15 freezout sat to $215 and $30/40 freezout sat to $650.

2) FT option to request support and pause the tournament if players unanimously agree.

3) kill 20% payouts

4) double re-buy button/auto add-on button

5) pre-register 12 hours prior to tournaments

6) $1 rebuy

7) $50/180 SNGs

8) guaranteed payouts on some freezeouts

9) Satellites to the 9:10 150 and a deeper structure for it

10) single table qualifiers to the bigger Stars tournaments

11) Speed up the deal (no pause for turn/river in all in situations)

12) Fold-and-show button. Option to show one card.

13) new games...razz, draw, horse, shoe

14) big tourney on saturdays (from euros)

15) Please consider changing the calculation of TLBs for rebuy tournaments to reflect the average buyin

16) Slider should be settable to within 1/2,1/3,1/4 of a BB. A secondary minislider (from 0 to 1) would even be better. (convenience)

17) Provide optional accounting for users including all the metrics that we are "entering" manually onto a spreadsheet (the exitonly spreadsheet). You have all this info readily available in electronic form. I'd pay for it on a monthly basis.

18) I think it'd make multitabling a lot easier if you synched up the breaks in MTTs. Just have the breaks at the turn of every hour. That way, multitablers can have 5 min off every hour

19) VERY important, label the top of the window with what tourny it is, i.e. $22 180 SNG or $11R. This would be fantastic.

20) hand history brings up a table image so at a glance you can see mucked cards (rather than scrolling through the text only window) (it works this way at Full Tilt)

21) If chat needs to be prohibited when someone is allin, then anything you type during that time should be stored and then displayed when it is safe.

22) An option to directly challenge someone HU would be nice. If I want to play a HU SnG against someone it often involves doing the "readysetgo" dance in the tourney lobby.

23) I would love to be able to earn back my time bank that was emptied by a disconnect. Something like 5 or 10 seconds for each hour of the MTT up to the max of 60 seconds

24) put a 150/300 blind level between the 100/200 and 200/400 in all tourneys

I know I missed some, but here is a quick combined list that includes the most common requests.

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be made into a poll, with up to 5 choices selectable, to see what's important to the community.

Rick Diesel
05-11-2006, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4) When a player goes all-in, I'd love to see chat enabled when there's only one other player left to act. So when it gets down to heads up, and it's decision time, allow the player all-in and the player deciding to chat with each other, but no comments from the rest of the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the worst idea ever.

KneeCo
05-11-2006, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the worst idea ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, I don't ike this one bit. For a number of reasons, the most obvious probably being that before each call people will announce their hand, rationalize a call, try and call their opponent's ask stupid questions. Which would equal a significant drop in hands/level.

Throw in another vote for a buddy list.

10K-in-Clay
05-11-2006, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
100/200 to 200/400 jump in blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

BadgerPro
05-11-2006, 05:56 PM
I almost forgot about this, can you put a login button on the main page. When you go to a tournament lobby there's a login button on that screen and after logging in it's replaced by the register button. It would be nice if the main lobby did the same thing.

KneeCo
05-11-2006, 06:02 PM
let me the first to say in this thread that the 5 billionth hand events rock. Grats on the mmilestone.