PDA

View Full Version : Splitting NL forums: 6max/full ring...

RED FACE
01-12-2006, 10:14 PM
I think there is often confusion and even bad advice being given because 6max players are commenting on full ring hands and applying their 6max experience and vice versa.

If this is not a good idea maybe something in the users id that displays when they post, like their location, that says what game they are currently playing so the reader can interpret the comments in the correct light.

BluffTHIS!
01-12-2006, 11:43 PM
I think this would hurt the full ring guys who might not read a 6-max forum. This is because most of those full guys are typical weak-tight rocks only playing pairs and AK, so the only relevant situations for them are how you play AA-JJ preflop, overpairs, flopped sets, TPTK, and AK when you brick the flop. And they could just read the archives anyway to find buttloads of threads on each. They need to see 6-max hand discussions and see how real poker is played.

Plus there is the problem of buyin levels, and 2+2 isn't going to start 4 new 6-max forums, and if just 1, then there will be complaints from those playing higher stakes about the lower stakes threads.

RED FACE
01-13-2006, 02:09 PM
haha, this is a joke, right, proving my point about bad advice(wrong info)?

3 new 6 max forums would be the best.

jjigglers
06-09-2006, 02:56 AM
Any thoughts on this now?