PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody agree with BW rating of Party Poker?

daedalus
05-08-2006, 07:03 PM
I really enjoy Bonuswhores.com but there has always been one thing that bugs me to no end. They rank Party Limit games as a "C"!!! They also say the following sites are softer...

- Ultimate
- Paradise
- Prima Network
- Bodog
- to name a few

I've yet to find a site softer than Party. Can someone tell me if I'm crazy or does BW have an issue with Party.
/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

grac
05-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Possibly in thier interest to direct people towards certain sites over others.

ihaveAdream
05-08-2006, 07:23 PM
daedalus,

Couldn't agree with you more, grade C for party is a joke. Prima and Ultimate bet both has tougher games, in my opinion not even close to party. Haven't played paradise, but Bodog actually is VERY loose and soft, at least when I last played there.

Barrin6
05-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Read up what a bell curve means before overreacting that "C" is bad.

NSchandler
05-08-2006, 07:57 PM
I don't think he's saying a "C" is a "bad" grade. He's saying that he has yet to find a site that is softer than party, and therefore they should be rated higher than "average."

KEW
05-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Because of the size of Party I do not think they can have any other rating but a "C"...Party at ALL times will have the softest games and the toughest games on the net as well as everything in between...Being a full ring player I feel the games at Party have gotten noticably tougher since the explosion of popularity in the 6 max games..

Niediam
05-08-2006, 09:23 PM
UB used to be softer but has tighted up some since their server problems - probably about the same now.

Paradise is way way softer.

I havn't played on Prima.

BoDog was much softer before they screwed over there software and I havn't played much since.

daedalus
05-08-2006, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'll respectfully resist pushing back on the 'old hand' here but let's just say that I'm quite knowledgable regarding statistical distributions. I take a "C" to mean 50% in a normal distribution. I'd put Party way to the right, at least in the top 15-20%. But that's at the levels I play. How can Pacific be an A and Party be considered Average?

Barrin6
05-08-2006, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'll respectfully resist pushing back on the 'old hand' here but let's just say that I'm quite knowledgable regarding statistical distributions. I take a "C" to mean 50% in a normal distribution. I'd put Party way to the right, at least in the top 15-20%. But that's at the levels I play. How can Pacific be an A and Party be considered Average?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about disrepecting me. I think post counts are overrated, I can actually be an obnoxious brat who just posts everyday.

Ok back on topic...

In another thread somewhere, bonuswhore gave a clear explanation of how they did it. I can't find it at the moment.

Remember there's more "C"s then A's, and it just so happens to be that Pacific is the leading soft site.
Yes I do believe the bell curve really screws up everything since it doesn't give a clear idea or difference of softness. But I don't believe that party nowadays are the softest site. Site's with less bonus or rakeback tend to be the fishiest.

jah7_fsu1
05-08-2006, 11:51 PM
I don't care what BW rates it, it's a soft site I love playing at. I tend to agree with you, but it's just a rating and I doubt you quit playing at Party just because BW rates it average when you find it as fishy as I do /images/graemlins/smile.gif

boondoggle
05-09-2006, 01:58 AM
What tables are everyone making their comparisons? Limit tables, NL tables, omaha, tournaments..what? Because their NL tables above 200 NL have become much tougher compared to other sites.

cheers
Boon

darkcore
05-09-2006, 03:16 AM
imo their nl $25-$100 tables have become tougher, too.

they are still pretty good, but not what they have been in pre-x-skins times.

ckmj23
05-09-2006, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Possibly in thier interest to direct people towards certain sites over others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely untrue.