PDA

View Full Version : Bankroll managment when clearing Bonus?

dazraf69
05-08-2006, 04:35 PM
My question is in regards to clearing a bonus at limits that bankroll doesnt support. Say my bankroll is sufficient for playing 25NL but in order to clear a bonus, I want to play 50NL. What do the experts think of buying in for $25 at 50NL? I know this is playing small stack, but the purpose would be to protect my bankroll. The purpose of all of this is simply to clear a bonus faster. Any thoughts would be apprciated.( PS I realize this is not optimal strategy)

Sigurd
05-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Being a shortstack will decrease you ability to extract maximum value of your monster hands (only getting 25$ on your all ins)

Personally I would prefer to play more tables of 25$NL instead of sitting short in a 50$NL game. This way I'll sacrafice some awareness (more tables = less time for each table), but my opponents will be very bad (assuming that there is a difference between 25$NL and 50$NL).

How much faster do we assume that the bonus cleares on 50$NL?

darkcore
05-08-2006, 06:25 PM
i do not like it.

sometimes i did play a couple of hands at a level i was not comfortable at to clear a bonus faster, but i always bought in full (and played rather rockish).

but i do not think this approach is that bad either. in the end you sacrifice win rate for clearance rate.

if it is worth it depends on many factors: the gap in the clearance rate between nl $25 and nl $50, how scared you'd play when you buy in full, how good you are at short stack strategy, skill jump of your opponents, luck...

tufat23
05-08-2006, 06:41 PM
i'm no expert, but if i was gonna buy in short, i'd actually go for less than 1/2, perhaps the minimum since you're main goal is to see as many hands as possible, and just push on any hand you think you have an edge with.

i have however never tried this strategy before. i think im gonna go buy killphill

dazraf69
05-08-2006, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How much faster do we assume that the bonus cleares on 50$NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

This sight only takes raked hands at blinds of .25/.50 for No limit. I have played party's 25NL and am better than average. I want to complete the bonus at BetFred and am only cautious becuase I have no knowledge of how the games at that sight are. I do know that 50Nl at party is extremely aggressive and from what I hear, worse than the 100Nl at party. Therefore buying into a 50NL game for $25 would for me be a starting stack I am familiar with. I was only curious if this approach has had a negative or positive effect for other players. ( PS at 25NL, i keep my stack at full anytime I get under and realize the value in having max. buy-in, at the same time losing a buy-in is equivalent to 2 buy-ins for 25NL)

mulebennett
05-09-2006, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I want to complete the bonus at BetFred and am only cautious becuase I have no knowledge of how the games at that sight are. I do know that 50Nl at party is extremely aggressive and from what I hear, worse than the 100Nl at party.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm currently working to clear the bonus via NL50 at BetFred. there are plenty of fish at BetFred--i'd say that the average NL50'er is playing at a skill level of NL25. with that said, still buy in for the max and just play very rock tight and wait on premium hands. these guys aren't card sharks. just my .02.

sharp63
05-09-2006, 12:08 AM
FWIW, I've seen plently of lower level no limit games at Bet Fred that make Party seem like a rock garden.