PDA

View Full Version : Translation please

zion
05-07-2006, 02:28 PM
In "Planning for Poker Success" Gregory Soare writes:

"Avoid tilt — your tendency to tilt and drop a 10BB after bad beats. Step away from the computer after losing to any 4-outer or worse."

What´s a 4-outer?

Thanks in advance!

jbones
05-07-2006, 04:11 PM
A 4 outer is when there are 4 cards left in the deck that will lose the pot for you/ win it for the opponent. For example, a gutshot straight draw.

babolat2389
05-07-2006, 04:12 PM
a 4 outer is when there are only 4 cards in the deck that could possibly give the winning hand to someone.

benfranklin
05-07-2006, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"Avoid tilt — your tendency to tilt and drop a 10BB after bad beats. Step away from the computer after losing to any 4-outer or worse."

What´s a 4-outer?

Thanks in advance!

[/ QUOTE ]

A 4-outer is an opponent's hand that can only beat you if one of 4 cards come. If you have TT and your opponent has 78o and the board is 5TJK rainbow, the only way you loose is if one of the four 9's comes on the river.

Bullet_Dodger
05-07-2006, 04:31 PM
No sarcastic posts so far, suprising.

Rouseabout
05-12-2006, 12:47 AM
If you can't understand a term or concept and there's no one you can ask eye-to eye then where else do you go. I've just posted what to some is a dumb question. If there are any smart-alecs wanting to come across with sarcasm then so be it. They would be better off butting out and contenting themselves with taking mine and other newbies money off us.

jogsxyz
05-12-2006, 01:08 AM
Poker terms are listed in poker dictionaries. Just google the net for the online dictionary.

trentk268
05-25-2006, 08:26 PM
It means that the villain (your opponent) is holding a hand with 4 cards that will make his hand the best (or probably the best). An example of the 4 outer we've all seen is catching a gut shot (i.e., inside) straight.

SheridanCat
05-27-2006, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you can't understand a term or concept and there's no one you can ask eye-to eye then where else do you go.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why we have a Beginner's Forum.

T

mackthefork
05-30-2006, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What´s a 4-outer?

Thanks in advance!

[/ QUOTE ]

A 4-outer is an opponent's hand that can only beat you if one of 4 cards come. If you have TT and your opponent has 78o and the board is 5TJK rainbow, the only way you loose is if one of the four 9's comes on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously if I stepped away everytime that happened I'd get about 30 seconds play a day in, maybe it's better to suck up some wind, and piss away 10BBs after all.

Mack

Copernicus
05-30-2006, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What´s a 4-outer?

Thanks in advance!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously if I stepped away everytime that happened I'd get about 30 seconds play a day in, maybe it's better to suck up some wind, and piss away 10BBs after all.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

If youre seeing that many bad beats you either arent betting aggressively enough or are playing micro-limits/play money