grafyx
05-05-2006, 06:33 AM
3/9 going in.

Everlong
05-05-2006, 06:57 AM
sweating

grafyx
05-05-2006, 06:58 AM
ugh...I keep having to fold to pushes after I raise. Finally my weak tight image pays some dividends.

PokerStars Game #4838697454: Tournament #23911994, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level XX (10000/20000) - 2006/05/05 - 06:54:52 (ET)
Table '23911994 18' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 3: LOPPER (652717 in chips)
Seat 4: El Deucey (360429 in chips)
Seat 5: redeye3030 (268316 in chips)
Seat 7: pearljam1012 (998317 in chips)
Seat 9: pridooo (694721 in chips)
LOPPER: posts the ante 1000
El Deucey: posts the ante 1000
redeye3030: posts the ante 1000
pearljam1012: posts the ante 1000
pridooo: posts the ante 1000
redeye3030: posts small blind 10000
pearljam1012: posts big blind 20000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to redeye3030 [Kd Kh]
pridooo: folds
LOPPER: folds
El Deucey: folds
redeye3030: raises 40000 to 60000
pearljam1012: raises 937317 to 997317 and is all-in
redeye3030: calls 207316 and is all-in
pearljam1012 said, "nh"
*** FLOP *** [Th Qh Jh]
LOPPER said, "breaker breaker"
*** TURN *** [Th Qh Jh] [9c]
pridooo said, "i think q4 wins"
pridooo said, "nope"
*** RIVER *** [Th Qh Jh 9c] [Kc]
redeye3030 said, "Ah"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
redeye3030: shows [Kd Kh] (a straight, Nine to King)
pearljam1012: shows [4h Qs] (a straight, Nine to King)
pridooo said, "lol"
pearljam1012 said, "LMAO"
redeye3030 collected 269816 from pot
pearljam1012 collected 269816 from pot
redeye3030 said, "lol"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 539632 | Rake 0
Board [Th Qh Jh 9c Kc]
Seat 3: LOPPER folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: El Deucey (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: redeye3030 (small blind) showed [Kd Kh] and won (269816) with a straight, Nine to King
Seat 7: pearljam1012 (big blind) showed [4h Qs] and won (269816) with a straight, Nine to King
Seat 9: pridooo folded before Flop (didn't bet)

grafyx
05-05-2006, 07:10 AM
PokerStars Tournament #23911994, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
399 players
Total Prize Pool: $19050.00
Tournament started - 2006/05/05 - 01:30:00 (ET)

Dear redeye3030,

You finished the tournament in 4th place.
A $1,524.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 200.82 tournament leader points in this tournament.
For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at
http://www.pokerstars.com/tlb_tournament_rankings.html

Congratulations!
Thank you for participating.

ugh. Got into a pot with the big stack with TPGK against a flush draw. The rest is history...

edit: thanks for the anti-sweat /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Everlong
05-05-2006, 07:12 AM
I had to close down - my boss came by...

did he call a potsized allin from you on the turn with a flushdraw to bust you?++???

grafyx
05-05-2006, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had to close down - my boss came by...

did he call a potsized allin from you on the turn with a flushdraw to bust you?++???

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you asked, I'll post my 'bad beat'

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t15000/t30000
(Ante: t1500)
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: t522132
Button: t471505
SB: t1460934
BB: t519929

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t90000</font>, Button folds, SB calls t75000 <font color="#aaaaaa">(pot was t135000)</font>, BB folds.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (t216000, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t120000</font>, SB calls t120000 <font color="#aaaaaa">(pot was t336000)</font>.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (t456000, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in t310632</font>, SB calls t310632 <font color="#aaaaaa">(pot was t766632)</font>.

River: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (t1077264, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t1077264)

Results:
Final pot: t1077264
<font color="#ffffff">SB showed Js Qs</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero showed Kd Qh</font>

mlagoo
05-05-2006, 07:26 AM
ewwwwwwww

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

edit: btw, grafyx, you're really good. it's interesting to watch you play because it seems like you have a very TAG game, in contrast to a lot of the other successful players here that have a much LAGgier game. it's nice to see that either style, played well, can have success.

grafyx
05-05-2006, 07:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ewwwwwwww

edit: btw, grafyx, you're really good. it's interesting to watch you play because it seems like you have a very TAG game, in contrast to a lot of the other successful players here that have a much LAGgier game. it's nice to see that either style, played well, can have success.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the compliment. I need to incorporate some more LAG elements into my game. I need to take notes from nath...

If anyones interested, I posted the HH. I have the sickest run of cards ever in the middle of the tourney.

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/servlet/pxf?a=mv&amp;t=myhand&amp;handid=7173&amp;fn=615_20060505_0739 31

edit: If anyone watches it, comments are appreciated.

bgoalie35
05-05-2006, 07:54 AM
I'm definitely interested (although you're probably helping me more than I could help you with comments). I can't get to your HH without logging in though, and I'm not a member at Xfactor. Is there another way to watch it, or can I get the raw history? Thanks.

grafyx
05-05-2006, 07:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely interested (although you're probably helping me more than I could help you with comments). I can't get to your HH without logging in though, and I'm not a member at Xfactor. Is there another way to watch it, or can I get the raw history? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its free to create an account. You just need an email address.

bgoalie35
05-05-2006, 07:59 AM
OK, thanks for the heads up.

bgoalie35
05-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Solid game, congrats on the FT. If just one of the bad beats go your way you could have taken it down. So you want comments on it? Let me know where to post them and I'll be glad to talk to you about the hands that stood out (might be a kind of a long post to comment on the whole thing).

FakeKramer
05-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Team Hammertime OWNZZZZZZZZ LOLZZZ OMFG WE OWNZ!!!!!!

CybrPunk
05-05-2006, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ewwwwwwww

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the compliment. I need to incorporate some more LAG elements into my game. I need to take notes from nath...

If anyones interested, I posted the HH. I have the sickest run of cards ever in the middle of the tourney.

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/servlet/pxf?a=mv&amp;t=myhand&amp;handid=7173&amp;fn=615_20060505_0739 31

edit: If anyone watches it, comments are appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I took a lot of lessons on this subject by watching gobboboy at a number of final tables. Thanks for making this statement because, to be honest, I got weak at my final tables recently and failed to keep myself alive by stealing blinds often enough. By the time I got dealt a hand I was easily knocked out.

Gobbo has many of his hand histories posted on his Blog (http://gobboblog.blogspot.com) and you could probably pick up a few ideas from reading through them, especially his final table play.

grafyx
05-05-2006, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you want comments on it? Let me know where to post them and I'll be glad to talk to you about the hands that stood out (might be a kind of a long post to comment on the whole thing).

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you can just post them in this thread...I just realized I only posted the 2nd half of the HH. I switched from the desktop to the laptop halfway through. I can post the rest tonight if anyone wants it.

the_main
05-05-2006, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

edit: thanks for the anti-sweat /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was shivering you. Good job.

bgoalie35
05-05-2006, 04:49 PM
I'd be interested in the first half too. Thanks for posting all of this. In general, I thought you played a good TAG style. I play the same style. You mixed in some nice steals. Every time the cards were dealt, and I saw a good chance for a steal or a raise, you were putting chips out there and taking it.

I was going to comment that it looked like you were taking advantage of the SB vs. BB confrontations pretty often. Most of the time it was folded to you in the SB, you raised the BB and took it down. After awhile, I thought the other players who were actually paying attention might have picked up on this and pulled a resteal over the top. Then again, maybe I just thought you were stealing from the SB too often because I could actually see your cards the whole time.

You did get repopped the last two times from the SB steal, but fortunately when it happened the second time, you picked up KK and obviously called. So it really ended up paying off. I'm not sure if you would want to adjust the frequency of this, you may doing just fine.

The hands that stood out to me (there were a ton that I thought you played great, but I just included the ones with questions):

Hand 42: You have QTo in the BB and a CO small stack raises to 3xBB, half his stack. I would lay it down, knowing that the rest of his chips are probably going into the pot, and my hand is marginal. I want to say he was playing pretty tight before this, and didn't seem to loosen up yet, despite his short stack (but I could be wrong). You called and saw a flop, checked it, and he went all in and took it down.

Hand 75: Blinds just went up to 3K/6K, you have 122K and the button with A8o. You pop it up to 54K. I was wondering why such a big raise instead of a standardish 3x raise? There had been some action in the previous hands (SB just doubled up), and the blinds were shorter stacks (SB 52K, BB 35K), so there may have been a read / condition that I just didn't recognize.

Hand 135: You open raise 2.5x BB PF with KQo from the CO (five handed). Villain calls, and the flop comes JT8 rainbow. Villain bets about 48K into a 75K pot. You have around 250K. You go all in. Do you ever consider just calling here with all your draws? I think your line is better, but I was just curious. Too weak?

If you want me to go back and find the really nice hands where I went "Oh hell yeah, pop him right there" I can hunt those down too, but I figured you already knew which ones those were. Well done.

grafyx
05-05-2006, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 42: You have QTo in the BB and a CO small stack raises to 3xBB, half his stack. I would lay it down, knowing that the rest of his chips are probably going into the pot, and my hand is marginal. I want to say he was playing pretty tight before this, and didn't seem to loosen up yet, despite his short stack (but I could be wrong). You called and saw a flop, checked it, and he went all in and took it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are right here. I may not have been paying attention to his stack size, a very bad mistake.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 75: Blinds just went up to 3K/6K, you have 122K and the button with A8o. You pop it up to 54K. I was wondering why such a big raise instead of a standardish 3x raise? There had been some action in the previous hands (SB just doubled up), and the blinds were shorter stacks (SB 52K, BB 35K), so there may have been a read / condition that I just didn't recognize.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I make it 54k is to put both the opponents in the blinds all in. While my stack size is 122k, my effective stack size is 48k on this hand (the size of the small blinds stack). I don't want a call here, I just want to steal the blinds. I don't want to raise to 18k and have the SB push thinking he has some FE. If the SB stack was bigger, around 70-80k I would make a normal raise and call any push from BB.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 135: You open raise 2.5x BB PF with KQo from the CO (five handed). Villain calls, and the flop comes JT8 rainbow. Villain bets about 48K into a 75K pot. You have around 250K. You go all in. Do you ever consider just calling here with all your draws? I think your line is better, but I was just curious. Too weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I like a push here with the openender + overs. I don't really believe that he has tp here based on how villian has played other hands. I push here to maximize my FE. I don't like calling at all because its weak and we will likely face other bet on the turn.

Thanks for the comments. Here is part 1. Hand 74 is the first one after the rebuy period.

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/servlet/pxf?a=mv&amp;t=myhand&amp;handid=7202&amp;fn=615_20060505_1806 03

bgoalie35
05-05-2006, 10:29 PM
The more I thought aboout the last two hands, the more I figured that would be your reasoning, and I definitely like your lines better. I need to be more aggressive about pushing into the pot and putting all the pressure back on my opponents. I don't have much time tonight, but I will definitely review the rest of the HH tomorrow. Thanks again for posting them.

bgoalie35
05-06-2006, 03:11 PM
I felt bad for you seeing your bad luck at the final table. Then I watched part I. Nevermind. That was a SICK run of cards from about hand 160 on.

Again, solid game, very well done. I only saw 2 hands I would really comment on in Part I:

Hand 108: You flop a set of 2s, extract maximum value by check calling all the way to the river then pushing. Your opponent then goes on tilt and donks off all his chips in the next 5 hands or so. Well done, painful to watch for him.

Hand 118: You limp in from MP with KsQc. SB completes, BB checks, 3 of you to the flop. The flop comes:

4s9c2s

It is checked back around to you and you check behind. Do you ever bet at the pot and try to take it here? This is one I would commonly bet at, but I was wondering what your thought process might be in this situation. You didn't raise preflop, so this wouldn't really be a cont. bet. And I know you don't want to bet out at every ragged flop that comes out. Just curious if you would mix in an equal strategy of betting sometimes and checking sometimes in this same situation.

Thanks for posting, and thanks for your replies.

grafyx
05-06-2006, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 108: You flop a set of 2s, extract maximum value by check calling all the way to the river then pushing. Your opponent then goes on tilt and donks off all his chips in the next 5 hands or so. Well done, painful to watch for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that I only played this somewhat slow because of the texture of the board. I didn't think that it was likely that there were any draws out there. Most of the time I would play this faster, especially in a 3 way pot.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 118: You limp in from MP with KsQc. SB completes, BB checks, 3 of you to the flop. The flop comes:

4s9c2s

It is checked back around to you and you check behind. Do you ever bet at the pot and try to take it here? This is one I would commonly bet at, but I was wondering what your thought process might be in this situation. You didn't raise preflop, so this wouldn't really be a cont. bet. And I know you don't want to bet out at every ragged flop that comes out. Just curious if you would mix in an equal strategy of betting sometimes and checking sometimes in this same situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost always check behind here on this flop if I don't have any draw or pair. It is much more likely that one of the blinds has a piece of the flop. Sometimes I will bet the Ah turn though when it's checked to me.