PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts for the next event?

Jurollo
05-03-2006, 08:46 PM
We can keep this open for ideas for the next competition. Perhaps MTT Superstars II? Other ideas are welcome.
~Justin

greg nice
05-03-2006, 09:21 PM
whatever it is, it shouldnt be limited to a selected group of popular posters

NoahSD
05-03-2006, 09:27 PM
As a very selfish person, I think we shouldn't have any more site-specific events without some kind of overlay from the site.

MTT team challenge is sick, but MTT team challenge + an ipod is sicker.

dmk
05-03-2006, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you referring to a previous/current event specifically?

bearly
05-03-2006, 09:49 PM
and break with tradition?................b

Caldarooni
05-03-2006, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg,

Bring me a goblet of something cool and refreshing.

KneeCo
05-03-2006, 10:30 PM
I like the idea of WSOp warm-up events, maybe as a sat to $1500 or something.

A_Junglen
05-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Something for the under 21 crowd. (EPT, PCA, etc)

cappla011
05-04-2006, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Something for the under 21 crowd. (EPT, PCA, etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

TwistedEcho
05-04-2006, 02:34 AM
I think do a similar challenge again, but ban funki from participating.

CybrPunk
05-04-2006, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the idea of WSOp warm-up events, maybe as a sat to $1500 or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this concept assuming it's developed in a way that a large majority of the posters have some way of participating.

Maniac rebuy satellites anyone?

dmk
05-04-2006, 01:18 PM
whatever justin comes up with, i doubt i'll have a problem. i've been v impressed by all the events he's put on so far, whatever you think of next will be just as good no doubt. if you ever need any help re: organizing, etc, let me know.

CybrPunk
05-04-2006, 02:02 PM
I agree that Justin does a great job with all his events and did not mean to imply that in my previous post....

just to be clear...

dmk
05-04-2006, 02:50 PM
nono, i wasn't replying to your post, just used the quick reply

FGators
05-04-2006, 02:58 PM
A points based WSOP like tournament. Start with a No Limit holdem with normal stacks, then a stud, then an omaha, then a limit holdem, and conclude with a deepstack NL Holdem. Use a scoring system to see the top 5 players who receive money or prizes.

rockin
05-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Maybe some kind of survivor type event where you start out with x number of teams and after each event or game, one player gets bumped off (either from each team or just from one team).

THEOSU
05-04-2006, 03:26 PM
For our next challange we should have a contest to see who can be made variance's next bitch so that I can finally go to sleep without it's arm over me.

dmk
05-04-2006, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For our next challange we should have a contest to see who can be made variance's next bitch so that I can finally go to sleep without it's arm over me.

[/ QUOTE ]

christ...i didn't think that was my wife...get out of my bed man

Jurollo
05-04-2006, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe some kind of survivor type event where you start out with x number of teams and after each event or game, one player gets bumped off (either from each team or just from one team).

[/ QUOTE ]
Some good ideas in this thread. I wanted to do a Head to Head bracket too, maybe 64 players. Best of 3 matches. I love HU so I want to work out something with that too.
~Justin

Rick Diesel
05-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Maybe another team based competition, except this time each team member was only allowed to count their points from one particular type of tournament. You could have 5 team players, one playing NLHE, Limit HE, PLO, Stud, and Limit Omaha 8/B. Obviously this would have to be shorter, maybe run for 3 days, as players would not want to be stuck playing these tournies for too long, but it would give those that are not just NLHE experts a chance to participate.

10K-in-Clay
05-04-2006, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Some good ideas in this thread. I wanted to do a Head to Head bracket too, maybe 64 players. Best of 3 matches. I love HU so I want to work out something with that too.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a very sweet idea

mlagoo
05-04-2006, 07:42 PM
i stink at HU.

i like the idea of making the next event a big series of different games. if we're going to be playing -EV games anyway, we may as well have some fun. we can make it like HORSE, except rather than all in one tournament, make it a series of tournaments, with a point accumulation thing that leads to like a 1 or 2 table (depending on number of entrants) final which is NLHE.

cappla011
05-04-2006, 08:32 PM
HU sounds cool.

So does a series of tournaments that involve HORSE, like mlagoo said.

golfinguy5
05-04-2006, 08:47 PM
I would like to see something that is not team related, mainly because I know I won't get picked...

dcviperboy
05-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Shout for the Under 21 crowd

(maybe if you will jurollo will buy us a keg)

(just kidding about the keg part)

A_Junglen
05-04-2006, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

(maybe if you will jurollo will buy me a leg)

(not kidding about the leg part)

[/ QUOTE ]

10K-in-Clay
05-05-2006, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

(maybe if you will jurollo will buy me a leg)

(not kidding about the leg part)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed, and pretty much anything will be cool..i look forward to participating cuz i just finished finals YESTERDAY!!!!! FUC KIN RITE

Ansky
05-05-2006, 04:44 AM
Something heads up.

Jurollo
05-05-2006, 05:06 AM
Well we will do a 64 man heads up bracket. That is easy.
~Justin

dmk
05-05-2006, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Something heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have bad memories

NHFunkii
05-05-2006, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well we will do a 64 man heads up bracket. That is easy.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

why not just leave it open for everyone?

Fredrik
05-05-2006, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why not just leave it open for everyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

No! Keep these MTT events invite only until I rebuild my bankroll again!

M'kay?

Jurollo
05-05-2006, 01:27 PM
we would do 128 man. bottom line is that we would need to make it 64/128 or 256.
~Justin

CybrPunk
05-05-2006, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we would do 128 man. bottom line is that we would need to make it 64/128 or 256.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance you'd consider setting this up at 2 or 3 different buy-in levels somewhat like we've established for our team competition? I'm sure you could attract plenty of players for each of them and it would allow players of all skill levels from the forum to get involved.

Jurollo
05-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Yea we could maybe do 4 buyin levels. then 4 winners play each other. Maybe 32/32/32/32 or something.
~Justin

rockin
05-05-2006, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea we could maybe do 4 buyin levels. then 4 winners play each other. Maybe 32/32/32/32 or something.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

CybrPunk
05-05-2006, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have thought you could run them each as seperate events and still have like 64 players interested at each level. I'm just thinking that some of the less experienced players who are still playing micros might not want to face off heads-up against the forum superstars...

or they might... who knows?

I also don't see how that could be made fair as far as payout structure when everyone at the final event didn't pay the same entry fee.... unless the final event was for some other prize or simply bragging rights.

Jurollo
05-05-2006, 02:17 PM
The prizes would be for beating your bracket. other stuff would be for fun.

dcviperboy
05-05-2006, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds sweet

mlagoo
05-06-2006, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have thought you could run them each as seperate events and still have like 64 players interested at each level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there would be 64 players for anything other than the lowest buyin event.

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't see how that could be made fair as far as payout structure when everyone at the final event didn't pay the same entry fee.... unless the final event was for some other prize or simply bragging rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, the STT forum has figured this out in their STTF-HUC. They have it so you can pay one of two different entry fees, and they sorted it out. I'm sure Jurollo (or whoever sets it up) could PM citanul or irieguy or something for an explanation.

10K-in-Clay
05-06-2006, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Gomez22
05-06-2006, 05:38 PM
How about an individual competition set up like the challenge.... you know..... category A, B, C.....

We could make this a week long contest or a month long, whatever.

What I'm thinking would go like this:

Everyone declares their category again, and a buy-in is agreed upon; maybe $25 for low limits, $50 for mids, and $100 for high (numbers are all flexible). Once the challenge starts, only tournaments from a player's particular category count for their score... if a Cat. A player plays a B event, their TLB points DO NOT count towards their total.

All players are playing 'against' their group. After either a week, month or whatever specified period, scores are tallied (Stars TLB points) and the top 3 players in each group/category get the prize money split between them in a 50/30/20 manner or other payments options could be had.

I was thinking that we could also take 10% out of each category's prize fund and have a SNG for the top 3 players of each category (9 players total), with a winner take all or something along those lines.

This way (in a sense) everyone could participate against their peers, and we could get a chance to see the best of all three levels of play for that month in a SNG to crown an actual champion.

I was thinking that if we made this a month long event, we could use the top 20 TLB tournies played in, but if it were a week, we could use 5-10.

Any thoughts or does anyone require more of an explanation?

NHFunkii
05-06-2006, 05:41 PM
that would be a little unfair for the higher buyin players since their money would make up the vast majority of the 'championship' prize pool

Yuv
05-06-2006, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring it on, baby! I'm in for a headsup bracket. ~500$ each, we can get 64, I think.

Gomez22
05-06-2006, 05:49 PM
I thought about that, and this was my first idea..... since, I thought.... what if we could get Stars to give/donate a prize for the winner of the SNG at the end?

Some thoughts (from their VPP store)

1. A custom 600 piecce clay chip set

2. $500 W$ or T$

3. X number of FPPs (maybe 10k-50k) to use on whatever the winner wants (would have to be in their VIP level).

4. Cash

I really don't know if stars would agree to this, but they did offer a seat to the WSOP for the bigger players on here, so it could be done, I suppose. I think they might be more open to bigger ideas after this month and the MTT challenge, where I'm thinking that they'll appreciate our play there.

If we were to go with a prize for the winner, then each category's full prize fund could go to the winner(s) of each category.

EDIT - And don't forget the bragging rights. Maybe the winner can get an 'official' title or something in the forums to designate them as a master among little boys.