PDA

View Full Version : How accurate have you found :

Andrew Karpinski
05-03-2006, 10:41 AM
How accurate have you found the charts on bonuswhores.com for clearance rates to be? Especially at the poker network but also the prima?

Very? Semi? Not at all? I am especially interested in $2/$4 full ring and $2/$4 short handed.

MyTurn2Raise
05-03-2006, 04:31 PM
not at all....multiply by .75 and you're closer to the 'true' rate

Wongboy
05-03-2006, 06:25 PM
It clears slower for me as well - 75% is about right on a gross basis. Meaning that if I am playing 6 tables and BW says I should clear $1 per table per hour ($6/hr total), and I play for 2 hours, I clear more like $8-$10.

I think some of this may be that I am not playing the full amount of tables the whole time since tables are breaking up and I usually wait for my big blind before starting play at another table, so its not necessarily that their info is bad.

godofgamblers
05-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Yep about 75% seems about right at 1/2 full ring

Sniper
05-04-2006, 04:27 AM
If you review the detail on how bonuswhores arrived at the figures, you will see why they are off /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Andrew Karpinski
05-04-2006, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you review the detail on how bonuswhores arrived at the figures, you will see why they are off /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How cryptic.

DavidC
05-04-2006, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I put out a formula for how to actually arrive at this number yourself once, but I forget it now. It was in the micros. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now you've got me curious about BW's method. URL to their page that shows this info? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jaustin
05-04-2006, 04:19 PM
"Clear Rates Disclaimer:
We have generated our clear rates by using Party Poker hand histories, and running them through each site's rake structure. Obviously, game conditions (looseness, aggression, and game speed) will be different from site to site, so these numbers may vary from what is actually experienced."

That should explain it. Sigh...if only every site was as loose as Party

Andrew Karpinski
05-04-2006, 04:52 PM
OH! I understand now.