PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye & Merry Christmas

BigBiceps
12-25-2005, 12:47 AM
I started online poker 4 months ago and I am quitting now.
Thanks for your help here.

I statistically analyzed my sessions today, due to the extremely odd events, and I concluded that the events that happened, could only happen in 3/100,000 "sessions" and I don't believe that the sites are giving a fair deal. I believe that the majority of the sites are rigged to favor the losing players and the newer players (for obvious reasons that it is good for business in the long term).

Here is a summary of the results.

initial deposit $300
4 months of play
600 hours ring games (+ ~100 tournament hours and 50 stud hours)
135k ring game hands (+ ~10k tournament hands and ~5k stud hands)
~+4 BB/100 aggregate over limit and no-limit hands.

+$5k poker
+$3k bonuses
+$1k rakeback
-$3k taxes

Good luck and I hope that these poker sites either go out of business or get legitimately regulated.

edfurlong
12-25-2005, 12:48 AM
Peace.

uncleshady
12-25-2005, 12:50 AM
What site, what happened? I will listen objectively.

Pokeraddict
12-25-2005, 12:59 AM
Post does not make much sense at all to me. You're up $9000(im guessing from tourney wins cause you're -4bb/100 ring) and its rigged? $300 entertainment money lasts 4 months and wins this money.

Looks like just another "online poker is rigged" post, This thread should be fun. Maybe they will be nicer since it is Christmas. It's the zoo though so I doubt it.

jman220
12-25-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I statistically analyzed my sessions today, due to the extremely odd events, and I concluded that the events that happened, could only happen in 3/100,000 "sessions" and I don't believe that the sites are giving a fair deal. I believe that the majority of the sites are rigged to favor the losing players and the newer players (for obvious reasons that it is good for business in the long term).

Here is a summary of the results.

initial deposit $300
4 months of play
600 hours ring games (+ ~100 tournament hours and 50 stud hours)
135k ring game hands (+ ~10k tournament hands and ~5k stud hands)
~+4 BB/100 aggregate over limit and no-limit hands.

+$5k poker
+$3k bonuses
+$1k rakeback
-$3k taxes

Good luck and I hope that these poker sites either go out of business or get legitimately regulated.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've done what 94 percent of poker players cannot and do not. I don't understand your problem.

dlk9s
12-25-2005, 01:32 AM
I want to be like you when I grow up.

Overdrive
12-25-2005, 01:42 AM
Ha ha ha /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NewGuy
12-25-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe that the sites are giving a fair deal. I believe that the majority of the sites are rigged

+$5k poker
+$3k bonuses
+$1k rakeback
-$3k taxes

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibility #1:
Your theory is correct and the sites are rigged. Despite this, you win $9k.
Possibility #2:
Your theory is wrong and you win $9k.

Clearly, logic dictates that anyone who's up $9,000 should obviously stop playing, regardless of whether #1 or #2 is true.

Other brilliant ways to apply your style of flawless logic:
1) Never play Video Poker machines that are paying out more than their expected payout. (They may be rigged)
2) If an ATM spits out 6 $20 bills when you try to withdraw $100, never use it again (probably broken and/or rigged to give extra $20s)
3) Review your 401k / IRA portfolio. Immediately sell all mutuall funds outperforming their target indices. (They are too likely to be part of a global mutual fund indistry conspiracy)

The possibilities are endless.

Merry Christmas! (Maybe Santa can bring you some new meds or a tin foil hat? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

Terry
12-25-2005, 04:31 AM
$9000 / 600 hours = $15/hour

Are you mad because you were playing $15/$30 and think you should have made more than that? or what?

PS: My first $300 lasted closer to four hours than four months. That was like six years ago ... and online poker has been my source of income for all of those years.

TwiceBanned
12-25-2005, 07:13 AM
This has to the whinnest(is that a word?) of all time.

SMB
12-25-2005, 10:24 AM
is this supposed to be some lame brag post?

MuckinWinners
12-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Quitting while you are ahead is probably a SMART idea.

See you next year!!!

Mery Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

primetime32
12-25-2005, 11:02 AM
He's a Bot.

Pokeraddict
12-25-2005, 11:41 AM
At least he has not come back after saying goodbye.

MicroBob
12-25-2005, 12:34 PM
since you won't post the details of your analysis you don't give anyone an opportunity to show you that your logic si flawed.

I just hit a royal-flush btw....the chances of hitting this was extremely low... but that doesn't prove that online is not a correct deal.

I just had a hand of Q3o and a board of 963Ks matching my Q for a flush....while I had 77 on another table.
The chances of this happening were extremely low also.

my hunch is that your analysis is very flawed and that if you applied it to live play you would come up with similar results.

Jeff Oneye
12-25-2005, 12:59 PM
I highly doubt original poster is ahead. My suspicion is that he pulled those figures out of his butt. He 'smartly' knows if he admitted to be being a chronic loser he'd be blasted for just lacking a winner's ability.

Most chronic losers we encounter blame their losses on 'rigged shuffles' or 'doom switches.' This poster figured he'd disarm his critics and bolster his credibility by claiming he's winning. But he's transparent. The truth is he likely lacks the ability to win. A MUCH less likely scenario is that he's winning but falling victim to the availability/representativeness heuristics; he's remembering the unusual hands and forgetting the mundane ones.

JeffreyREBT "Wherein I don't promise to make you rich without trying, or even trying very hard; I do promise to say things that will make you FEEL rich."

grouchie
12-25-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Started Online poker 4 months ago but have been registered here for 1 year 9 months?

Plus, I like how your post basically is a brag post.
ONLINE POKER IS RIGGED, I've made this much money.

I'm guessing if it wasn't rigged you should have been losing lots of money instead, but because the sites rigged it in your favor you won and are now getting out before the doom switch is pulled.

gg

leehrat
12-25-2005, 01:48 PM
you made a fat 9k and your paying 3k in taxes, or even paying taxes in the first place? bright one!

jman220
12-25-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I highly doubt original poster is ahead. My suspicion is that he pulled those figures out of his butt. He 'smartly' knows if he admitted to be being a chronic loser he'd be blasted for just lacking a winner's ability.

Most chronic losers we encounter blame their losses on 'rigged shuffles' or 'doom switches.' This poster figured he'd disarm his critics and bolster his credibility by claiming he's winning. But he's transparent. The truth is he likely lacks the ability to win. A MUCH less likely scenario is that he's winning but falling victim to the availability/representativeness heuristics; he's remembering the unusual hands and forgetting the mundane ones.

JeffreyREBT "Wherein I don't promise to make you rich without trying, or even trying very hard; I do promise to say things that will make you FEEL rich."

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. However, another possibility is that Op is Indeed up 9k, but was up a much much larger amount, and recently dumped it all. Playing 15/30 He could havee been up like 50k, and hten whittled his roll down to 9k. That would still feel like losing.

GrannyMae
12-25-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
.....your paying 3k in taxes, or even paying taxes in the first place? bright one!

[/ QUOTE ]

nice

tomdemaine
12-25-2005, 09:45 PM
will you guys please stop trying to convince a winning player not to quit. All +4BB/100 players should quit online poker in my opinion (apart from me of course) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

morgant
12-25-2005, 09:55 PM
ummmmm, ok. smell ya.

BigBiceps
01-12-2006, 05:12 PM
uncleshady: It was 8-9 consecutive all-ins that I lost in NL that I was a favorite. It was on UB surprisingly.

Pokeraddict: It is +4 BB/100 not -4BB/100.

jman220: It is mostly mental.

dlk9s: I would advise against it.

Newguy: Just because you win, does not mean things are on the up and up, if you should be winning more.

Terry: I was not playing $15/30. The majority was at 100NL and 50NL. Yes, I think I should have made more than that.

MuckinWinners: Hi again, it is hard to leave poker, I am addicted.

Pokeraddict: I am back, I could not resist.

MicroBob: I believe you are in general an open minded person. The logic is flawed in so far as I computed the probability of the event, but did not take into consideration how many chances there would be to have this event. Nevertheless, it will take MANY MANY more hands to prove that something is fishy when there is an all-in situation.

JeffreyREBT: Those are actual figures. If you post the instructions, I can give you a pokertracker screenshot to prove the poker portion, and the bonus/rakeback amounts should logically follow from that number of hands.

grouchie: I registered at this site while I was only playing B&M. In fact I remember this site from 10 years ago or so, when there were not separate forums, and all threads were in 1 long forum.

leehrat: Paying taxes is the law. Yes, that is approximately the correct amount, after combining it with a regular job.

jman220: No, I did not go on a huge dump, I was not ever up more than 10k.

I am back, I can't stay away.