PDA

View Full Version : Current Party Competition

AlexTrue
05-02-2006, 05:35 PM
I play on 0.5/1 short-handed tables. My PokerTracker shows next distribution out of 10 players:
1 TAA, 4 TA "Eagles", 2 SLAA, 2 LAP, 1 SLPP "Calling Station". And no fish at all. Several day statistics shows no more than 10% of fish who didn't survive even 50 hands.
So 2 bonuses, magic card promotion and recent VIP offer (as well as join of Empire etc.) make the party infested with tough players. My hourly rate drops from 20 BB/hr to break-even. So Party turns out to be very competitive place to play for example in comparison with Stars or Pokerroom.
I think many 2+2 players observed this effect.

Dave Coulier
05-02-2006, 05:39 PM
If you wont soft competition go play at Paradise Poker. I deposited there a couple days ago to whore a bonus and you wouldn't believe how bad they are. I play $.5/$1 and $1/2 Limit, but only played the $1 games for my bonus. I saw people raising UTG with Pocket 2's..which of course beat my Aces..but thats besides the point. The best was a donkey raising UTG with 5/8o..Yeah I beat that donkey in that hand.

The players are incapable of laying down any pair there regardless of the board texture. If they have a pair of 2's and the board is 4 overs..their calling all the way to the showdown.

Kriber13
05-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I found a few tougher than normal 5/10 full ring tables guess fish is about to join the UN endangered species list.

Cheers, Kristoffer

mute
05-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Hmm, they must all have moved up to 10/20.

jah7_fsu1
05-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Hmm, I'm gonna have to give a bit of a different perspective. I played at Party for a while back, then went to some other places. I finally returned to party on April 11 and since then I've made over 1100 dollars. The limits I mainly play at are NL 25 and NL 50 shorthanded. This is a considerable amount of money for me in a short time considering I'm a college student and am not able to play that often. I have no idea about the limit situation, but the fish in my opinion are everywhere at the low stakes NL. Off the top of my head some of my all in wins today included a guy calling all in on a gutshot with a flush draw board (I had top pair and flush draw and doubled up). I had another player reraise my standard raise when I had pocket kings and I put him all in (his hand was A-9). For me at least, right now it is more profitbable for me to play at party WITHOUT a bonus than almost everywhere else with a bonus. I still believe the low stakes NL games are so soft most of the time it should be illegal.

Ken_AA
05-02-2006, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a college student and am not able to play that often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who has more to do since they left college then when they were in it?

Ken

Davey
05-02-2006, 06:55 PM
I played 1/2 limit to clear the bonuses and the players were bad. Like really bad. If a table got tight I moved on to the next one. But Party is still soft.

NoMoreLurking
05-02-2006, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who has more to do since they left college then when they were in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well considering his name included FSU, let's assume he is in Tallahassee. I can think of 10,000+ things there to occupy his time other than on-line poker. They are called tan, nubile, young co-eds. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

jah7_fsu1
05-02-2006, 08:34 PM
Haha, actually I'm not in fsu. That's just my favorite football team. I'm actually in Kansas...go figure. And I don't have tons and tons to do, but my poker time is about 10 hours a week tops. I'd love to play more but I just can't. It is however a nice part time job, and it's much nicer when I'm at party than anywhere else.

PSW
05-02-2006, 09:05 PM
I think I've noticed things soften up since the Magic card thing started. Just my 2cents.

psw

daedalus
05-02-2006, 09:10 PM
I think Lower limits are still soft but the higher limits get a little tougher with all the offers.

bkholdem
05-02-2006, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play on 0.5/1 short-handed tables. My PokerTracker shows next distribution out of 10 players:
1 TAA, 4 TA "Eagles", 2 SLAA, 2 LAP, 1 SLPP "Calling Station". And no fish at all. Several day statistics shows no more than 10% of fish who didn't survive even 50 hands.
So 2 bonuses, magic card promotion and recent VIP offer (as well as join of Empire etc.) make the party infested with tough players. My hourly rate drops from 20 BB/hr to break-even. So Party turns out to be very competitive place to play for example in comparison with Stars or Pokerroom.
I think many 2+2 players observed this effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played full ring .5/1 no limit to clear the two bonii and pulled in 400 in earn and 200 in bonii for a toal of $600 4 tabling for the 2000 raked hands. I hardly ever play party so didn't put the hands into PT but the tables seemed pretty easy and not tight to me.

kdog
05-02-2006, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's how life works for most people. You never have as much free time as you had in college until you retire.
Got kids yet? You think you have no free time now?

KingMedicine
05-03-2006, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's how life works for most people. You never have as much free time as you had in college until you retire.

[/ QUOTE ]

or until you become a poker pro.

Tk79
05-03-2006, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I still believe the low stakes NL games are so soft most of the time it should be illegal.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is in Washington

Sniper
05-03-2006, 06:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My PokerTracker shows next distribution out of 10 players:

[/ QUOTE ]

You are aware that these designations are user customizable, and that the default settings may not be the best ones to use?

Your table selection may also be poor!

Trying to gauge the fishiness of a site, based on your playing a few hands, is a little silly /images/graemlins/wink.gif

froggy527
05-03-2006, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I still believe the low stakes NL games are so soft most of the time it should be illegal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found this not to be the case lately. Alot of the
tables have two or three and sometimes more sub ten VPIP
players at them. All you have to do is at the table stats
in the lobby,there used to be a decent number of tables
with a double digit average pot number. Now you may see a
couple with five plus waiting.

Blame it or bonuses or scratch cards of even better players.
But whatever the case is, the Low limit NL tables are not
even close to being as fishy as they used to be! You can
still find good tables but you have to look a lot harder
than before.

RikaKazak
05-03-2006, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are aware that these designations are user customizable, and that the default settings may not be the best ones to use?

Trying to gauge the fishiness of a site, based on your playing a few hands, is a little silly /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sniper, I was about to type a similar thing. If you're running good to average, tables seem easy (even if you're on a 6 max NL table filled with 24/12's like I have been doing lately) If you've ben running bad, then that table can seem like they're beating the heck out of you.

POKER IS EASY at .5/1 and judging it based on under 50K hands is just silly.

kcheel
05-03-2006, 01:02 PM
I have been playing NL25 clearing the two reloads and have seen quite a few players at less than 10 VPIP there. Probably doing same thing I am.

Also still some 50-60 VPIP'ers there too. Including the one who cracked my Aces last night with K/4 when he hit two pair on the flop. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

boose_bagina
05-03-2006, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the one who cracked my Aces last night with K/4 when he hit two pair on the flop. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
NO! BAD POSTER!!...NO!!!

Kriber13
05-03-2006, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sniper, I was about to type a similar thing. If you're running good to average, tables seem easy (even if you're on a 6 max NL table filled with 24/12's like I have been doing lately) If you've ben running bad, then that table can seem like they're beating the heck out of you.

POKER IS EASY at .5/1 and judging it based on under 50K hands is just silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure enough but when you find yourself at tables with 100% agressive players and most of them playing really tight aswell that's gonna hurt your earn unless you catch a bunch of great cards. This has happened more to me as of lately and part of the reason is a bunch of strong players I've got a lot of data on is doing plenty of multitabling, surely because of boni, VIP and card promotion. There is just no way in hell that you can have stayed away from party if you want to make money after all these offers came up.
And as for myself I'll play way less at party after clearing my 14k point double VIP offer tonight.

Cheers, Kristoffer

Punker
05-03-2006, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Lower limits are still soft but the higher limits get a little tougher with all the offers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think during these periods, the low limit games are infused with bonus whores trying to give the minimum possible action to earn their bonus. The 10-20 and 20-40 games seem no better or worse than usual (ie, still quite good).

ckmj23
05-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Apr 05 - Feb 06 1/2FR SF%36

Since then SF%28

Low limit Ring Games are considerably tighter at party, I've switched to SH

solucky
05-03-2006, 04:07 PM
The problem is define easy tables and fish. I am average and i feel also that PL25 at sample is harder than 6 month ago and the 10 max have to do with it. My overall winnings are the same but lesser from winnings more from promos.

WolfElder
05-03-2006, 04:17 PM
I might be way off here since Ive only been at party a couple months but it seems like after the bonus offers that the bonus whores show up. Then by the time you wait through partys wait list what would have been a good table is now a table filled with the bonus whores. Seems like 75% of these guys are rocks. When you do get a good table it doesnt stay that way for long. Well this is for the 1/2 limit tables that I mostly play.

jah7_fsu1
05-04-2006, 04:35 AM
Rocks on party NL small stakes do not exist. Look at all the people who just slide in all in all the time...either my datamining has me extremely lucky or something, but PP low stakes SH NL is so full of fish/calling stations it isn't funny. I have never been anywhere else with the types PP has and I've played damn near everywhere.