PDA

View Full Version : $5/$10 Stud Hi - Getting out of Dodge

greenage
01-11-2006, 11:05 PM
S(he) who should not be named is Seat 2.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50 (converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.htm))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises___raises
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

4th Street - (16.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___folds
Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___calls

5th Street - (10.90 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls

6th Street - (12.90 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

River - (14.90 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___bets

Total pot: (16.90 BB)

Results: [in white]<font color="white">
Total pot $169 | Rake $3

Seat 2: [Kd Kc Ts 7s 5h 3c Qs]

Seat 7: [Qh 2h 9h Kh 6c Ah 7h] (a flush, Ace high) </font>

Andy B
01-12-2006, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

I see no reason to slow down on third, and I see no reason to fold on fourth.

TS Clark
01-12-2006, 01:47 AM
I'm with Andy here. You've got to go retarded on 3rd and then I'd re-pop on 4th. It's a slight possibility, but you might be able to get the flush guy out of there (well, probably not, but you've got to punish the hell out of him for drawing when).

Why slow down on 3rd? The only hand you're behind is rolled 10s. If he has those, it's just your day to lose a ton of money and so be it.

greenage
01-12-2006, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

I see no reason to slow down on third, and I see no reason to fold on fourth.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seat 2 is MilaN. The dumb ass in Seat 7 called what 3-bets cold on third. It was capped.

On fourth, I thought Seat 7 was rolled or had that flush and my pair outs were dead. MilaN is going to keep coming as well.

TheSalche
01-12-2006, 04:37 AM
second the motion on seat 7 being an idiot

seems like betting and calling one raise on 4th might be a better line, and oflding unimproved

greenage
01-12-2006, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why slow down on 3rd? The only hand you're behind is rolled 10s. If he has those, it's just your day to lose a ton of money and so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]
On third, the betting was capped before it got back to me. The T/images/graemlins/spade.gif is a very aggressive player known to some on this forum. He doesn’t need to be rolled to cap third.

greenage
01-12-2006, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
second the motion on seat 7 being an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]
I’ve seen Seat 7 in the game before and he’s no tourist. The way he hung on to that live three-flush it could have been BeerMoney. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
seems like betting and calling one raise on 4th might be a better line, and oflding unimproved

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe I did give up too soon. This is how I saw it. The bring-in (Seat 1) completes into a full table. It’s raised my a known hyper-aggressive player. I re-raise and Seat 7 calls three-bets cold. Seat 7 has a hand and may be rolled to make that call. Then Seat 2 caps.

On fourth, Seat 7 picks up another heart and now two of my pair outs are dead. With the action on third, my Aces may be dead as well. Maybe I should have bet out, but with four of us in the hand I decided to check with the idea of bailing. Now Seat 7 bets out, Seat 1 calls, Seat 2 predictably raises and I took my exit.

Maybe my check-fold was weak. If Seat 1 hadn’t been in the hand I probably would have continued.

Roland
01-12-2006, 01:17 PM
If seat 7 is an idiot I don't know what to call seat 1.
The guy with the kings isn't terribly smart either.
I like check-calling 4th, with some much $$$ in there. In a smaller pot I would like the fold.

greenage
01-12-2006, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If seat 7 is an idiot I don't know what to call seat 1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seat 1 is either a moran or he’s colluding. How the heck do you call/fold on fourth?

[ QUOTE ]
The guy with the kings isn't terribly smart either.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don’t say that about my bud. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Serious, he’s very aggressive.

[ QUOTE ]
I like check-calling 4th, with some much $$$ in there. In a smaller pot I would like the fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
You guys have convinced me. If that damn Seat 1 had folded to the first bet on fourth, I probably would have called.

jon_1van
01-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Greenage,
I think the most important part of this hand is what had been happening around other hands at the time. People treat super target fish (thanks chef) differently. Some people get too loose. Others go completely insane when they have a medium to good hand because they think the fish has a literal random hand.
When seat 7 cold calls 3 bets he is a fish. Period. There is never ever a point to cold call 3 (if you're rolled you've pretty much blown your cover, and the pot is big enough then to start trying to win it (or at the very least charge the max)).

So if you think people have been overreacting to seat 7's suckage then this was a pretty bad fold. But if the 1st chip explotion you've seen and the table hasn't been tilting, then this was a good fold.

There are actually more ways for Seat 2 to have rolled tens than AA. And if he's somewhat competent he isn't capping a very dead 3 flush on 3rd. So you can limit his range pretty far.

greenage
01-12-2006, 03:44 PM
jon,

If anyone was being targeted it was Seat 2, maybe Seat 1 as well. However, they are very different players. I think Seat 1 is a poor/erratic player. Seat 2 is a hyper-aggressive, high volume player on PS and is known to some on this forum. Others may consider him a super target fish but I don't, he's a dog that can bite.

I looked him up on that "hand collective" site and IIRC he is a big winner at Stud/8 but a loser at Stud Hi.

I don't think Seat 7 was a target; at least he wasn't to me. He seemed reasonable. I think he saw an opportunity to take his live 3-flush against one bad player (Seat 1) and another (Seat 2) who would give him action the whole way if he hit his flush. I can actually see calling two bets in that situation. However, with me in the hand, I think his call was very ill advised. If he hadn't hit his 4-flush on fourth Seat 2 and I probably would have capped it.

I don't think the table was tilting. Seat 2 was doing his thing and Seat 7 misclicked and called, hey. The only play that I found confusing was Seat 1's.

Roland
01-12-2006, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seat 2 is a hyper-aggressive, high volume player on PS and is known to some on this forum. Others may consider him a super target fish but I don't, he's a dog that can bite.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I might have layed against him a while back when clearing a bonus. If so, he can definintely bite, yeah.